MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks for clarifying. So when you said "I will always..." what you were really saying was "In the MB and VM cases, I will always..."

Oh, and GO CARDS!!!!

No, I would not support a criminal LE

Logic dictates: 1) I support LE, 2) I don't support criminals; therefore, 3) if LE is a criminal, I would not support them ! Darren Wilson was no criminal but was doing his job trying to clear the roadway for the ambulance which was on its way through the area (the sick case he was called to)! MB was a IMHO & should not have assaulted ODW or tried to grab ODWs weapon

VM was on house arrest with an ankle monitor & carrying a weapon/shot at security! Another stellar member of society IMHO :laugh:

Yeah, go Cards (no love for the Lambs, I mean Rams)

Gang Crime needs to be eradicated IMHO

St Louis Weather Forecast

Right Now
68°F
Rain

Today
74°F
HIGH
Strong Storms

Tonight
59°F
LOW
Cloudy
Scattered T-Storms

ETA:

Update - Tornado watch for St Louis channel 2 viewing area until 7pm

Well, I would only presume that people would proclaim that they support DW or that they are DW if they in fact presumed that DW was free of any wrongdoing. I'd have a hard time believing that they would support a murderer, even if in the 2nd degree. The GJ is certainly part of that system we were talking about, but not the only part. Never said DW isn't entitled to a presumption of innocence. My concern lies in the fact that that part of the system that we rely on to obtain and investigate the facts that are to be brought before a GJ in the first place has also already expressed their support for the suspect.

Again, what if there is an indictment and what if the Judge assigned the case or all the Judges in the County Courthouse wore "I support Mike Brown" tshirts every day of the trial. Would you believe that that was acceptable? Would you believe that that face of the justice system was being fair and impartial?

Judges are judges because they are to be objective and their function is to use their knowledge of the law to make sure the defendant gets a fair trial. I believe with all the trials we have been privileged to watch on WSs it is clear that the judge always, always protects the defendant under the law. Judges would not be judges for very long if they openly displayed a bias.

LE for the most part is investigating a complaint. Not every situation brings an assault on a police officer. If an officer has done something wrong the facts will support that. Today with phone cameras it is pretty hard to hide facts. Such as the mysterious phone conversation that took place when MB was shot and basically supports what OW reported as what happened.

We have many, many cases on WSs involving charges against officers so it does happen. If you have a beef against LE take it up at court with the judge, report it to State Police, go to your state representative. There is no reason not to report what you feel is police misconduct because it affects all of us. But we all have to take the responsibility and do it. jmo

All of the LE parked behind the building. Just a heads up. imo

I believe there was a meeting with DOJ asking the citizens to report incidents of police misconduct. They also reported they will have representatives in the area so citizens can report such misconduct. So why are they protesting other than to incite incidents of police misconduct, which we have not seen.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, is released in a report.

That is exactly what they want. They want to lifestream pix of the cops manhandling innocent protestors. They want pictures of pastors being carried away by cops in riot gear.

tornado watch for the StL area until 7p tonight

While I don't want to give childish comments about allowing communities to be run by thugs credence, I will say suggestions have been made. And as for 2 sets of laws, yes there are, but I don't think it is the way you'd like to believe it is.

As for the judge, yes, they are to rule fairly and impartially and yes they have a dress code which is whatever that Judge deems is appropriate for his courtroom. So again, would you have faith in the Judge being fair and impartial in this case if he also wore a "I support Mike Brown" bracelet even?

BBM above: sorry you feel that way because it's happening in the metro area & not being addressed by this "movement" IMHO

when >50 people have been shot & some killed by their own within 2 short months, how is that not pandemic? Get rid of the gang/criminal element, then maybe the shootings will cease

NOTE: 3 women were shot last night just south of SLUs campus; don't think LE shot them -- if LE was culpable, we'd already know about it :); the BP on Grand Saturday night was almost robbed by a gun holder until the clerk shot him in the legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne