Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That tweet was a few days ago, Helmuth tweeted this less than an hour ago: Toni Anderson update sent to me from fam: detectives widening search area, sonared river 2 more times last week and flew drones all week.

I think it would be naive to think they don't know "more" than we do but they are grasping at straws IMO. My husband is a forensic drone operator, he works mostly after catastrophic weather events but he has been hired to work assisting local and federal law enforcement. We LOVE those calls bc it pays super well. It's not a bunch of Kansas City cops playing with a drone, in criminal cases an unbiased 3ed party goes a long way when presenting evidence. My point, they are spending considerable resources still entertaining the idea of "the river" being involved so they can't know THAT much more than we do.

[video=twitter;827958890272813057]https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth/status/827958890272813057[/video]

Something about Pete Jr.'s behavior reminds me of what Scott Peterson would have sounded like if he had pulled off his crime without screwing it up.

Pete is acting super "concerned," trying to look like he cares even more than her parents - opposite of Scott's aloofness.

Floating the unconfirmed ping location and tying it to a park. What if her body is somewhere in the other direction? This what Scott hoped for if he could have convinced everyone he was golfing that day. This struck me as interesting from Pete jr: "Just find any clues, find any of her belongings, her car, the bag she has, glasses, her phone anything" - how perfect if he were to plant something as simple as a pair of her glasses?

I started thinking she was running from someone (Pete, school, etc.) but it's been too long. Starting to consider possibility that she was murdered. The whole night she disappeared didn't make any sense with the conflicting destinations - it's like she was being setup. It also seemed like Pete and her "friends" were a little "quick" to assume she was "missing. If a drinking buddy doesn't show up at the bar when expected, I don't start petitioning the police and starting campaigns.

From the previously posted news story "Sanchez said he and his father have been searching the park for eight hours a day. He said they are holding another search at 7 a.m. Saturday morning and invite the public to join them. He said he is looking for Anderson and clues about her disappearance.
"Just find any clues, find any of her belongings, her car, the bag she has, glasses, her phone anything," he told FOX 4."

Let's go with the Parkville Ping story for a minute. Parkville is bigger than English Landing Park. And a ping from a cell tower implies an area larger than Parkville as the phones location at the time of the ping. So why, with resources as limited as they are, do the Petes decide to invite the public to search the very same and very limited area they have ALREADY searched for 8 hours a day? This is the most non-sensical thing in a sting of non-sensical statements and actions, in my opinion.

From the previously posted news story "Sanchez said he and his father have been searching the park for eight hours a day. He said they are holding another search at 7 a.m. Saturday morning and invite the public to join them. He said he is looking for Anderson and clues about her disappearance.
"Just find any clues, find any of her belongings, her car, the bag she has, glasses, her phone anything," he told FOX 4."

Let's go with the Parkville Ping story for a minute. Parkville is bigger than English Landing Park. And a ping from a cell tower implies an area larger than Parkville as the phones location at the time of the ping. So why, with resources as limited as they are, do the Petes decide to invite the public to search the very same and very limited area they have ALREADY searched for 8 hours a day? This is the most non-sensical thing in a string of non-sensical statements and actions, in my opinion.

Exactly. There are multiple things about this that make no sense.

It makes me suspicious that they actually got a location from findmyiphone, or something along those lines. Or they could be going just by where police are searching.

By the way, cell tower records include an antenna number, which gives a general direction. There are usually 3 antennas, giving 3 "sectors," as they're called. The data can also include a distance measurement. It would still not give an exact location, but it's not as bad as a 12 mile radius.

I find Father more out of line than Jr. More vocal, more inappropriate. Very very involved.
I notice the other day someone asked him a question on FB and he responded "sorry he just got back from searching all day long" yet he responded to someone else with an easier question 45 minutes earlier.

I have the app find friends app. It only gives the current location. It does not have a previous locations option. The current location it does show it spot on. Even what side of the house my family is on.

JC40 I too have looked deeply into the BF statements. Many things he said are reduced. I'm with you on this.

The mother too for example:
"Let her go. Let her be with us. Let her go have her wonderful life," This was the 17th. Many parents this early hold out for an accident. Why did she go straight to an abduction? Even after police say no foul play.

"Please, please, I just ask you, please try to find my baby," Many parents vow THEY will stop at nothing to find their child, she seems to ask other people to do it.

"It's just been a horrible nightmare. And I know any parent going through this is just horrified." It's odd to me she is more focused on other parents going through this then her own experience.

"Please do whatever you can. Please," Why not WE are doing everything we can?

"Please let her go...we don't care" I don't know how "we don't care" can subconsciously even be spoken?

Just a few side eye things I picked up on. I hate to even question a parent but this case is so odd.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/parents-issue-plea-for-help-to-find-missing-umkc-student/8609411
http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/17/parent...mpassioned-plea-for-answers-in-disappearance/
Because its a desperate search for her baby. Imagine the angst. Terror. Fear. Your baby who you tried to be a good parent to. Heartbreaking the desperation.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Because its a desperate search for her baby. Imagine the angst. Terror. Fear. Your baby who you tried to be a good parent to. Heartbreaking the desperation.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I just hear the words differently. I'm not saying I'm right, but the wording is off to me.
So much is off about all of this. And although I find Pete Sr. inappropriate, I do take some stock in his comments about the lack of help from her parents. So again who to believe, who to believe.

I have the app find friends app. It only gives the current location. It does not have a previous locations option. The current location it does show it spot on. Even what side of the house my family is on.

The findmyiphone does log the last known location. I have used it many times to help find my phone long after the battery went dead. If she was using it, police would have that location. If others got into her iCloud account, they would have that info. And yes, it's quite accurate. Sometimes off by as much as 50 feet or so, though.

Wow, this is incredible. There's another thing called google location history. Apparently I have this turned on. I just checked it and it shows everywhere I've been in, like, a long time. You can pick a day and it shows everywhere you've been on that date!!!! It shows a complete map showing roughly the route you took and everything.

So if she was using this, all someone would need was her google account, which would probably be logged in on her computer, just like the other accounts Pete was using.

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb

Edit: it even shows every store I visited by name!

Didn't the BF mention get rich quick schemes with a girlfriend the day before her disappearance or something.

He stated that talking with your girl about get rich quick schemes is good conversation for a long road trip.

Very hinky indeed. Jmo.

I never figured out how to use findmyphone if I don't have my phone on me to click find my phone. lol

Wow, this is incredible. There's another thing called google location history. Apparently I have this turned on. I just checked it and it shows everywhere I've been in, like, a long time. You can pick a day and it shows everywhere you've been on that date!!!!

So if she was using this, all someone would need was her google account, which would probably be logged in on her computer, just like the other accounts Pete was using.

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb
Im glad you brought this up...I use that as well and share my location with a few people. All they have to do is go into Google maps and see where I am.

Google updated it several months ago so that it shows the personal location history in more detail, as you're probably seeing. I can absolutely see alot of people having this active without even knowing it exists.

This is more along the lines of where I'm thinking this "6am ping" info is coming from. I think Sanchez hooked up with some helpers recently that are probably giving him tips on how to find information on his own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Agreed. I just hear the words differently. I'm not saying I'm right, but the wording is off to me.
So much is off about all of this. And although I find Pete Sr. inappropriate, I do take some stock in his comments about the lack of help from her parents. So again who to believe, who to believe.

See, and I feel the opposite. Maybe her parents have info and are distancing themselves away because of that info? It all is just weird. Those Facebook pages are awful. I have only followed a few missing person cases but I have never seen so many childish posts/comments on Facebook groups. It's sad.

Im glad you brought this up...I use that as well and share my location with a few people. All they have to do is go into Google maps and see where I am.

Google updated it several months ago so that it shows the personal location history in more detail, as you're probably seeing. I can absolutely see alot of people having this active without even knowing it exists.

This is more along the lines of where I'm thinking this "6am ping" info is coming from. I think Sanchez hooked up with some helpers recently that are probably giving him tips on how to find information on his own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good for a missing persons case... but a bit creepy big brother feeling. I turned mine off years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, and I feel the opposite. Maybe her parents have info and are distancing themselves away because of that info? It all is just weird. Those Facebook pages are awful. I have only followed a few missing person cases but I have never seen so many childish posts/comments on Facebook groups. It's sad.

Again agreed. But if my child was missing come hell or high water would I use the wording for someone else to find her. I would 100% say words like
I WILL DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO FIND HER. Emphasis on I.
And I wouldn't care about other parents situation at that particular time. I would care about MY situation.
It's just my perception of the interview. I hope I'm wrong. I really really hope I'm wrong. I've seen others comment on how she was using past tense words but I haven't had a chance to search for the whole interview to comment. I plan to when I have some time.

Good for a missing persons case... but a bit creepy big brother feeling. I turned mine off years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my is off because location services must be on which drains the battery. I may rethink that.

Speaking of which, does anyone have links to any interviews they did? Is there a HNL or HLN one? I'm not sure what that is.

As I sit here and look at my younger son, it strikes me deep in my gut that no way, no how would I leave so soon without more answers and scouring ever possible place I could have. Until I have exhausted every last resource.
There is just no way I would say anything but words like I, Me, Us. Not You, Them, Others. And that I stand behind wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SurferAli