Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for reenactment folks. The real tapes will be released soon. As soon as the investigation is wrapped.

Why are you so confident of this? This is a forum to discuss Toni Anderson's case -all of us have bounced questions like this around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll ask the question again since no one has yet to answer it.
Why would Toni make several laps around the Quik Trip gas pumps?

I'm curious if you have a theory on this.

I haven't been to the gas station, but reasons one might drive around are :

other cars present that make my ability to get in the spot tougher or in the right direction for my gas tank. So where was here gas tank lid located?

Another reason someone might drive around the pumps is if they are looking for someone. If someone is to meet you at the QT, you might drive past the parking spots around the lot to get a better look.

Communicating or smartphone usage with someone. People often do this when they are not focusing on the current task at hand because they are trying to text or call someone or even look at their phone.

Now, several laps, seems odd. I can't say that I saw that on video. The clips I saw didn't have that. Can you point me to a video with several laps around the pumps?

One thing that can explain plenty of bizarre looking behavior would be the below. (Pokemon Go)

Do you know for sure whether or not she was still playing? According to the only map I can find, there is a pokestop just down W. 26 Ave. That could have been her reason for going down there. Also, there is a pokestop and a gym near the boat launch at Platte Landing park.

Interesting...

[video=twitter;753429146089369601]https://twitter.com/Tonianderson2/status/753429146089369601[/video]

Map showing gym and pokestop near the boat ramp at Platte Landing Park.

The blue box is a pokestop, the red box is a gym.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tmp6.jpg
    tmp6.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 134
Here is the pokestop down W. 26 Ave.

THIS COULD POTENTIALLY EXPLAIN WHY SHE WAS RUNNING ALL OVER PARKVILLE!

attachment.php

I think this is quite plausible.

Great question as to if she was still playing pokemon go. I know many people like myself stopped that months ago, but I do know people who still do.

Pete? I gotta believe pete jr would know the answer to this. This is also something that can be confirmed via pokemon servers and to INCREDIBLE accuracy.

It potentially explains erratic driving that doesn't make sense to us, and it explains the dog park destination, and it explains the lack of communication.

I'd certainly look into this. Her account is going to be linked to her main email for her phone.

Great observation Pete and great thought AceDetective.

Someone local should determine if there is a pokestop at that Scooter's Coffee (across from J.D.Byrider). That would completely explain her being on the wrong side of the road. The only map I can find doesn't show one, but it could have been added.

(For those not familiar with the game, you have to get close enough to the pokestop to collect from it.)

my source, by the way:
https://www.pokemongomap.info/

Even without username, Pokemon Go servers should have record of pokemon caught at that location at that time period. I believe pokemon data includes where the pokemon was caught and what time. So... I think it should be absolutely verifiable to determine if she was playing pokemon go in that dog park at that hour and even if others were.

There is a pokestop one block west on 26th ave.

But it's also important to understand that you can find a pokemon anywhere. I actually have quite a bit of knowledge on this topic because I know about the technology that pokemon go was built on. There is a game called Ingress, that was the basis for creating Pokemon Go. All the location data for pokestops and gyms came from the ingress database. People playing ingress were photographing these locations and submitting them as "portal" locations for that game. So the company that developed that game, Niantic, which is tightly connected to google made pokemon go, they used that data. PokeGo is very much the ingress game with a pokemon dressing and a different theme. But the technology behind how it's done was all from Ingress. There are communities of people that still play this ingress game and there are even events worldwide.

So, here's the part that is most significant to our discussion. I've done quite a bit of research into how that game was done technically, and it used what is called cell phone density maps as a primary source for **where** to spawn a pokemon. What that means is that places where cellphone usage is heavy, is where you are most likely to find alot of pokemon.

In the ingress game, this density data is actually visible to the user, but not in pokemon. But I can assure you that a coffee shop is going to be a high density location for cell phone activity. This is not live data, but historical data sets over one or more years in recent history.

When I was playing pokemon, i would use ingress to help me find locations where pokemon's were going to be in high density. Little pro tip for those of you out there that might still play, haha. You could only see this data in the ingress map as I said and you had to physically walk there to see the data.

Interesting note is that if you look at this data in the ingress game, it's actually quite accurate so much so that if you go to a parking lot for walmart or even in the store, you can see lines of dots that depict the aisles inside the store and the parking lot. Which means that people often are sitting in their car in a walmart talking on the phone. Similar to inside the store while shopping. Churches, same thing, you can see rows of dots depicting usage!

here's an image to show you what I am talking about :

attachment.php

You can see all those white dots, those are cell phone density map data. The brighter the white, the higher the density. You can even see where usage is high at certain points on the road. -that can be bus stops, or even crosswalks. I've gone to locations like depicted in that image just to try and understand why the data was plotting in weird spots. It was interesting when sometimes you find out a place is where people are often on a smoke break outside their work.

So.... if someone is in KC, you can get that ingress app and actually see where highest densities of pokemon spawn. I am going to guess that a coffee stop is very high density. So even without a pokestop, it's going to be a place people will often see pokemon, even if they don't know why... since it ain't a pokestop.

Attachments

• X8TMD6w.jpg
    X8TMD6w.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 157
I forgot to mention that the cell phone usage density data is not just used for where to spawn pokemon, but also how often. The more intense white the dot is, the more often you'll get a spawn there. So if you see a bunch of bright white dots, they'll also spawn more often there than a location that has dimmer white dots.

I forgot to mention that the cell phone usage density data is not just used for where to spawn pokemon, but also how often. The more intense white the dot is, the more often you'll get a spawn there. So if you see a bunch of bright white dots, they'll also spawn more often there than a location that has dimmer white dots.
I still play and thanks for the tips. I shall check out the coffee shop later today and report back.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I still play and thanks for the tips. I shall check out the coffee shop later today and report back.

np, can you take a screenshot if you get ingress and go to that location? Just so we can see what it looks like in that area?

I think this is actually a very solid scenario that explains so much. It's funny because when pokemon go came out, I remember seeing people all just walking around like zombies. I once saw a guy walking his dog with wife/girlfriend run right into a sign on the sidewalk and cut his head open! I know it was a common topic that accidents will happen via this kind of thing.

these two guys fell off a clip.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...cliff-san-diego-android-ios-app-a7136986.html

This is a good example of how some tiny little detail like why is she driving around pumps multiple time or on a dead end street, can lead to a very strong lead. Not saying that this is obviously the case, even still, but it's a damn good explanation for a lot of things.

I can't say that I even saw her driving around pumps multiple times, the videos I saw show her coming into the QT and then leaving afterwards. So kudos to pete for forcing the conversation as to explaining what he noticed in some video and kudos to AceDetective for pointing at this potential explanation. Even if it's not the actual cause, it's great example of what investigations are all about. Pointing out things that don't make sense and throwing some ideas out there to explain them.

But soooo much just clicked with this one in my opinion.

Im pretty sure that if this were the reason LE would have released it putting to rest a lot of peoples questions. They released the text message info which initially only led to suspicion. Or someone close to her, friends, bf, family, would have brought up how much she loved the game, loved it so much she would drive around at 4 in the morning getting lost playing. I really doubt TA played at all let alone got lost and died from it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

np, can you take a screenshot if you get ingress and go to that location? Just so we can see what it looks like in that area?

I think this is actually a very solid scenario that explains so much. It's funny because when pokemon go came out, I remember seeing people all just walking around like zombies. I once saw a guy walking his dog with wife/girlfriend run right into a sign on the sidewalk and cut his head open! I know it was a common topic that accidents will happen via this kind of thing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...cliff-san-diego-android-ios-app-a7136986.html

This is a good example of how some tiny little detail like why is she driving around pumps multiple time or on a dead end street, can lead to a very strong lead. Not saying that this is obviously the case, even still, but it's a damn good explanation for a lot of things.

I can't say that I even saw her driving around pumps multiple times, the videos I saw show her coming into the QT and then leaving afterwards. So kudos to pete for forcing the conversation as to explaining what he noticed in some video and kudos to AceDetective for pointing at this potential explanation. Even if it's not the actual cause, it's great example of what investigations are all about. Pointing out things that don't make sense and throwing some ideas out there to explain them.

Sure, I'll get a screenshot. Np.

15a7ad03e28d8dca63f6a89d50b07e38.jpg
d1f73db397652f05cc472d157cfe8e83.jpg

In both of these I'm sitting directly behind Scooters facing South towards the car lot.

Im pretty sure that if this were the reason LE would have released it putting to rest a lot of peoples questions. They released the text message info which initially only led to suspicion. Or someone close to her, friends, bf, family, would have brought up how much she loved the game, loved it so much she would drive around at 4 in the morning getting lost playing. I really doubt TA played at all let alone got lost and died from it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anyone mention pokemon go as a potential reason for her being at that park or for seemingly driving around aimlessly. It was 4:30am, so that rules out so many locations someone might go to during daytime hours. What you have to realize about pokemon is that there is also a factor regarding terrain that determines what type of pokemon spawns. For example, Toni might actually go to a spot near a river to get water based pokemon.

Next you have the idea of why would she even get close to that boat ramp? Well, that's kind of the knock on pokemon is that people tend to wander into places that maybe they shouldn't be, to catch a pokemon.

Nothing definitive, but I think it's a solid question to ask. I haven't played pokemon go in many months, as I said, I know people that still do. I still encounter people doing it out and about, and it's not at all hard to spot.

So whether it checks out or not, it would explain so much imo.

Just a little tidbit about using multiple gps devices in close proximity :

[FONT=&quot]Two receivers of the same electrical design could interfere with each other if placed in close proximity since the processing signals from one receiver could radiate from its antenna and cause interference to another.

[/FONT]
Not saying this is a high probability, but very easy to test. When playing a game like pokemon go, interference can result in what is called "drift". Meaning that your location on the map can become erratic and drift in an arbitrary direction even if you aren't moving. So in general a reduction of the accuracy of the gps location. So... just pointing this out to say, is it possible that Toni removed the GPS device because it was causing problems with her pokemon go?

Worth mentioning on this topic.

15a7ad03e28d8dca63f6a89d50b07e38.jpg
d1f73db397652f05cc472d157cfe8e83.jpg

In both of these I'm sitting directly behind Scooters facing South towards the car lot.

Thanks for that, you can see there are alot of high intensity dots in the road area, which usually indicates a busy intersection. And scooters does have some dots right on it, it seems. Makes sense that a QT gas station is likely going to have more usage, since it's a 24 hour location and the turnover of customers is at a far greater pace. If you get a chance, go to a location where you always use your cellphone, like a desk at work etc. If you've worked there a while, you can actually find your dot! if you use your cellphone a lot.

The data is not live as I said, but if you go to your house, you'll see what I mean. Sometimes the dots can be really accurate and others not, that depends on drift of the given devices and other types of environmental aspects that can cause that drift.

Would be interesting to go to that dog park and see if it has any density.

I know most people play casually, but one might think that if Toni is actually still playing the game she's learned a few tricks and been online to find hotspots for water pokemon, such as locations along the river.

There is a pokestop one block west on 26th ave.

But it's also important to understand that you can find a pokemon anywhere. I actually have quite a bit of knowledge on this topic because I know about the technology that pokemon go was built on. There is a game called Ingress, that was the basis for creating Pokemon Go. All the location data for pokestops and gyms came from the ingress database. People playing ingress were photographing these locations and submitting them as "portal" locations for that game. So the company that developed that game, Niantic, which is tightly connected to google made pokemon go, they used that data. PokeGo is very much the ingress game with a pokemon dressing and a different theme. But the technology behind how it's done was all from Ingress. There are communities of people that still play this ingress game and there are even events worldwide.

So, here's the part that is most significant to our discussion. I've done quite a bit of research into how that game was done technically, and it used what is called cell phone density maps as a primary source for **where** to spawn a pokemon. What that means is that places where cellphone usage is heavy, is where you are most likely to find alot of pokemon.

In the ingress game, this density data is actually visible to the user, but not in pokemon. But I can assure you that a coffee shop is going to be a high density location for cell phone activity. This is not live data, but historical data sets over one or more years in recent history.

When I was playing pokemon, i would use ingress to help me find locations where pokemon's were going to be in high density. Little pro tip for those of you out there that might still play, haha. You could only see this data in the ingress map as I said and you had to physically walk there to see the data.

Interesting note is that if you look at this data in the ingress game, it's actually quite accurate so much so that if you go to a parking lot for walmart or even in the store, you can see lines of dots that depict the aisles inside the store and the parking lot. Which means that people often are sitting in their car in a walmart talking on the phone. Similar to inside the store while shopping. Churches, same thing, you can see rows of dots depicting usage!

here's an image to show you what I am talking about :

attachment.php

You can see all those white dots, those are cell phone density map data. The brighter the white, the higher the density. You can even see where usage is high at certain points on the road. -that can be bus stops, or even crosswalks. I've gone to locations like depicted in that image just to try and understand why the data was plotting in weird spots. It was interesting when sometimes you find out a place is where people are often on a smoke break outside their work.

So.... if someone is in KC, you can get that ingress app and actually see where highest densities of pokemon spawn. I am going to guess that a coffee stop is very high density. So even without a pokestop, it's going to be a place people will often see pokemon, even if they don't know why... since it ain't a pokestop.

NERD ALERT!!!! (This is a good thing, my 2 boys are nerds)
XSNy5ZQ.jpg

It will be interesting to see if Toni was still playing. I am always impressed with the ideas other WSers come up with. I did not inherit the nerd gene and am not good at thinking outside the box.

In looking at the ingress map, I can see that the boat ramp is almost right between two portals. So if those are both pokestops, Toni sitting right next to the boat ramp would be an optimum location to take advantage of two pokestop's spawning. She could just camp right there and do quite well. So bizarre if this is actually relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member