Name A Scenario Where KC's Actions Would Be Justified...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you LI MOM and Brini.

I cannot come up with any plot to explain this without incorporating a bad alien invasion. I don't feel so bad now.:blowkiss:

Query though: If Baez has to depose creatures from other planets will he be able to reimburse mileage costs?:rolleyes:

Maybe the brilliant Baez can HUG the truth out of the wretched alien kidnapper-terrorists?

Will they bake him brownies?

Stay tuned. lol

Thank you LI MOM and Brini.

I cannot come up with any plot to explain this without incorporating a bad alien invasion. I don't feel so bad now.:blowkiss:

Query though: If Baez has to depose creatures from other planets will he be able to reimburse mileage costs?:rolleyes:

That's not even the worst of it. (sigh!) Extra-terrestrial subpeona service is a b****! Especially if there are cross-dimensional, or black hole issues. Then, there are the inter-planetary extradition problems. And, don't even get me STARTED on finding a decent court interpreter!:-(

That's not even the worst of it. (sigh!) Extra-terrestrial subpeona service is a b****! Especially if there are cross-dimensional, or black hole issues. Then, there are the inter-planetary extradition problems. And, don't even get me STARTED on finding a decent court interpreter!:-(

:floorlaugh: Brini, you're my Hero!

I think he can get an automatic continuance though if his witnesses are sucked into a time warp and become trapped in another century..thereby becoming unavailable for the defense at trial. Now, if they are merely trapped in another dimension, the results aren't as predictable for the defense.

Not to worry! I have a list of planets with extradition treaties, but it is too long to post.:blowkiss:

I think he can get an automatic continuance though if his witnesses are sucked into a time warp and become trapped in another century..thereby becoming unavailable for the defense at trial. Now, if they are merely trapped in another dimension, the results aren't as predictable for the defense.

Not to worry! I have a list of planets with extradition treaties, but it is too long to post.:blowkiss:

You guys/gals are hilarious!!!!!!!!:floorlaugh:

The only reason Casey is being silent is because SHE KILLED CAYLEE and she is trying to save her own a$$. No real mother would act like she did after Caylee "went missing". jmo

Like Cindy said, some of Casey's friends were involved in some bad stuff-- maybe drugs or something. Casey's friends introduced her to their friends who were REALLY bad. Casey didn't know that though, so she hung out with them sometimes and one of the new friends would babysit. Yeah, Casey was lying about having a job, but she was only 22 and needed some time to unwind and relax so she could be a good mom. So one day Casey goes to the house of the new friend who is babysitting Caylee and she happens to witness something BAD. She tries to leave and all of the sudden everything goes black.

She wakes up next to her car and she has no idea how much time has passed. Where's Caylee?! How was her car moved? How was she moved? What happened?! She calls the friend who introduced her to these horrible people and demands to know what happened. The friend assures Casey that they are working on it and Caylee is safe. Casey MUST, in no uncertain terms, say nothing about this to ANYONE. She must act completely normal and if she fails to maintain the facade of normalcy or tells ANYONE, Caylee will be harmed.

Also, if she goes to the authorities, they'll know about it because these bad people have ties to LE. If an investigation ensues, Casey will be the first suspect and she'll really be sorry because the bad friends used her car to complete the BAD ACT she had witnessed. (hence chloroform traces and decomp evidence.) Casey is terrified but she's strong. She knows she messed up and should never have left Caylee with that random new friend. She decides to comply with the bad people's demands and believes her friend will come through for her and get Caylee back.

Casey is internally tormented, but determined to keep up her end of the deal. She has been a bad mom and an irresponsible person but this time she'll do right by Caylee. She has to make this right. She keeps carrying on as if nothing happened and then one day she notices that her car smells. She doesn't understand why and texts some of her friends to assuage her worries as the odor intensifies. One day she realizes that something is WRONG with that car and the possibilities terrify her. She dumps the car.
She runs out of money and can't go home so she starts stealing from friends. She's never done this before but she knows she can't go home because Cindy will call the police and unwittingly put Caylee in danger.

More days pass and Cindy finds her, calls LE, etc. Casey believes that someone still has Caylee and that she must continue to keep quiet. She tells strange lies and conflicting stories because she knows she has to say something. She speaks in vague terms and hints at possible clues, afraid to tell the truth. And here she sits today, the victim of circumstance-- the ultimate martyr who would risk her own life and liberty to save her daughter. Don't blame Casey! Blame the thugs who knocked her out, stole her baby and used her car to dump a dead body. Perhaps once Casey is acquitted of these unsubstantiated charges, her faith in justice and truth will be restored and she will find a way to make sense of what happened and finally, she will find her daughter Caylee. An acquittal for Casey sends a message to these murderous kidnappers: Truth and justice will prevail.

That's how I think Casey and JB imagine playing this out at trial and showing Casey was justified and her story is understandable.

You'd have a real hard time convincing me (or a juror, IMO) that KC is internally tormented. Perhaps sitting in jail, but not prior to that.

Okay if I suspend all skepticism and you outlined the basic facts of this case as we know them to be and I had to write a story to fit them, and Casey killing her is not an option:

Casey gets pregnant as a teen, she knows she is not equipped to raise a child at this point in her life, but her controlling and domineering mother convinces her that the best thing for the baby is to be raised by her own family. Cindy promises Casey that Casey will be able to live her life as she wants and to pursue her plans and dreams while Cindy raises little Caylee as her own. Against her better judgement Casey agrees to this arrangement.

Reality turns out a little different than these plans and we end up with much tension in the house. Casey and Cindy are trying to be the primary care giver to Caylee. But Cindy controls the finances, the insurance, the groceries, the very roof over their heads. Casey knew she was not able to provide those things and this is why she wanted to place her child for adoption, but she can't turn back the clock now, so she once again gives into Cindy and Cindy becomes the primary caregiver to Caylee. Cindy is making all the rules.

Casey feels trapped. Her education has been delayed. She is not employed at a level that would enable her to get out on her own. And even though Cindy told her she would be able to pursue all of those things while Cindy raised the baby that has not been true. Casey has to care for Caylee while Cindy is at work.

Cindy and Casey fight endlessly about these issues. It is getting so bad in the house that George and Cindy may divorce. Things come to a head in this power struggle with Cindy and Casey the weekend of June 15th with Cindy saying it is all or nothing. Either Casey lives under her roof and complies with Cindy's wishes regarding Caylee or Casey gets out from under Cindy's roof.

Casey leaves to go stay with her new boyfriend Tony, leaving Caylee in Cindy's care. During the next month she finally has some of the freedom she has yearned for, she is out at clubs, she is meeting new friends, she is entertaining Tony's roommates. They will all tell you she did not seem concerned at all for Caylee's wellbeing because she wasn't. Caylee was at home with Cindy to Casey's knowledge.

Now keep in mind the Sunfire is not Casey's car. It belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Anthony. Casey drives it at Cindy's discretion. She does not have Cindy's car the 16-18th, even her friend Chris has testified in a sworn statement that she was driving Tony's jeep. Casey gets the Sunfire between June 19th and 20th. Around June 23rd to June 25th Casey notices a bad smell in the vehicle is getting worse and worse, she comments on it to friends, but she cannot identify the source, it is like nothing she has ever smelled before. After speaking to George she finds out that he has supposedly run something over recently. Again she relays that info to her friends.

On the 27th the Sunfire runs out of gas near the Amscott parking lot. Casey lets her father know of this and he says he will handle it. Unbeknownst to Casey George lets the car get impounded, possibly hoping it would go to scrap, but the certified letter shows up, they debate for a couple of days and decide to retrieve it. Casey does not see the vehicle again until July 15th. On that fateful day Cindy collapses the entire house of cards on this situation. She drags Casey home where Casey finds that Caylee is not there and a chain of events outside of Casey's control has already been put in motion. She is told quickly that Caylee has been kidnapped and these are the instructions.

The police arrive and Casey's only concern is Caylee and following the instructions Cindy has relayed to her. Within hours Casey is arrested and the police are implying that Caylee is dead. The dogs indicate a body has been in the Anthony's backyard and in the Anthony's Sunfire. Casey knows in her heart that Cindy could not hurt Caylee, at least she hopes not, but she cannot go there. She is being told by her parents that Caylee is alive, that they know where she is, they have people watching them and this will come to an end soon, but she must continue to follow instructions for the life of her daughter depends on it. Now she sits in jail, possibly facing the death penalty, while her very own mother makes ridiculous claims on TV, progressively making Casey the most hated woman in america, and prevents searching for looking for the very evidence that might clear her of these horrible charges.

Once again at Cindy's control, Casey's word against her Cindy's. The incompetent teen mom that by all appearances was out partying after her child was murdered versus the suffering Grandmother. Other family members give damaging statements to the police and then claim to be supporting her. She has no idea who she can trust, if anyone, so she talks to no one but her attorney. The attorney that will prove the last verifiable sighting of Caylee was with Cindy, the forensics will prove that a decomposing body was in Cindy and George's sunfire, the dogs indicate a body has been in Cindy and George's yard. The world has dug to see what Casey was doing that month, what were Cindy, George and Lee doing?

THAT is fascinating! I don't believe it, but it is very interesting.

I do not see or understand ANY reason for KC's actions, none.

Wow...okay. :floorlaugh:

How in the hell did you come up with that? I couldn't wrap my head around any scenerio.

You'd have a real hard time convincing me (or a juror, IMO) that KC is internally tormented. Perhaps sitting in jail, but not prior to that.

I created my scenario because I think it's consistent with the way Casey and her cohorts seem to think about Casey and the world. Cindy got the ball rolling in her interview with Det. Melich when she asserted that she knew Amy, Ricardo and Tony were "involved in bad stuff," possibly drugs etc. Those in Casey's camp have consistently claimed there is a noble reason for her silence. Casey's cryptic statements during the jailhouse visits also seemed to insinuate that she has some un-trustable friend who is involved. The forensic evidence we have been allowed to see does not conclusively, or even substantially, prove that Caylee was the source of the death and decomposition evidence. The scenario I've suggested allows Casey to deflect all blame, maintain the facade that Caylee is alive, and also explains her extremely inappropriate behavior/affect during the 31 days. It's the Steel Magnolia-Meets Bushy Haired Stranger scenario. Casey seems to have a total lack of insight re: how ridiculous and unbelievable she is. She also seems to be completely unwilling to accept any responsibility for any of her actions. Baez seems to buy into this-- and even if he doesn't, he is obligated to provide representation consistent with his client's wishes. Casey thinks she's smarter than everyone and the longer Caylee's remains remain hidden, the more intense her hubris will likely become.

I do believe that Casey thinks the apparent Anthony Credo (deny, lie, deny, deflect, lie, deny, confuse, confound, etc.) will resonate as reasonable doubt. She's used to tricking everyone and getting away with it. She's also very dramatic. Baez has promised that the defense WILL provide a story, and I think most of us agree that story is going to require a pretty intense suspension of disbelief-- probably the stuff movies are made of...
I do believe, however, that justice will prevail and Casey will not be allowed to write her own ending.

I watched the A's interview on Local6.com.

"There's only one reason why my daughter would keep her mouth shut and why she would sacrifice going to prison the rest of her life -- to protect this child," Cindy Anthony said."

So Casey would go to prison for the REST OF HER LIFE to protect her child, rather than help LE and the FBI in finding her. That makes perfect sense, Cindy. :rolls eyes:

I can't think of any scenario that justifies KC's actions. Her actions are much like her lies are.

Lies: She says something stupid and unbelievable and instead of fessing up she just SAYS more stupid and unbelievable things.

Actions: She does something stupid and unbelievable and instead of fessing up she just DOES more stupid and unbelievable things.

If she shut her mouth and acted straight that baby would either still be alive or at the very least be properly buried.

None, and much like Geragos in connection with the SP trial, who said he woould prove SP 100% innocent at trial and would prove there was no way SP could have killed Laci, JB will fall flat on his promise to reveal evidence that proves casey is mother of the year and was justified in what she did. I think he will present nothing to show how casey was justified and will just try to refute LE's evidence and confuse jurors with long-winded discussions re the forensics hoping they will be so confused by that that they will forget casey's conduct surrounding this whole case.

THAT is fascinating! I don't believe it, but it is very interesting.

Tee hee! Love your comment!

Thanks for all who contributed to this thead. Keep the stories coming. i am in the middle of filling out bankruptcy papers :eek:and unfortunately reality sucks right now. You all are so saving me.

I think a few posts ago summed it up for me. The shortest distance between 2 pts is a line. KC wanted her freedom and did not want CA to have her. I believe that myspace poem of CA. That is probably the only thing I believe from that woman.

Is the July 4th party wearing nothing but a flag part of the script KC?? Apparently FREEDOM meant everything to you.

Tee hee! Love your comment!

Thanks for all who contributed to this thead. Keep the stories coming. i am in the middle of filling out bankruptcy papers :eek:and unfortunately reality sucks right now. You all are so saving me.

I think a few posts ago summed it up for me. The shortest distance between 2 pts is a line. KC wanted her freedom and did not want CA to have her. I believe that myspace poem of CA. That is probably the only thing I believe from that woman.

Is the July 4th party wearing nothing but a flag part of the script KC?? Apparently FREEDOM meant everything to you.

Yes, as a matter of fact, yes.

She was thanking her lucky stars that she is not yet wearing inmate stripes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back