Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I guess I should have put in a smiley face in my post to Jilly, before someone comes along and takes it as "attacking". I meant it in jest, as well as seriously. :D :D :D

:applause: - I know ya did ncnative! I was about to respond to your post (I like to read through them all first) with a :floorlaugh: Cracked me right up - especially the one about having teeth! ROFL still laffin.
As soon as I pushed that submit button, I realized I shouldn't have said "sophisticated" because I knew someone would respond! :)I never meant to insult the citizens of NC - heck I live in Canada so we're waaaaay behind in crime solving. The good ole RCMP should change their motto to "seldom get their man"! IN MY OPINION! LOL

I follow these cases because I want justice for the victims. Just so happens that 3 of them lately have been in NC. What I was questioning (or trying to, lol) was if LE had the resources=money to conduct detailed analyses.

:sothere::footinmouth: Think I'll go and watch Canadian Idol.:crazy:

This is soooooooooooo off topic but, I have NEVER seen one episode of CSI.............go figure..........me being the crime junkie I am......LOL.

I need your avatar! lol

Fran - do you know - would they still be able to determine what was or not digested when her body decomposed for a couple/few days?

I dunno. Do you think that they are this sophisticated in NC(?) because I just have a feeling from what I've read in the Young case and the book on Eric Miller's murder that NC might not have the resouces to do a lot of these investigations with insects etc. The ME in the Young case didn't even do a SAK.

I hope they do but from what I've learned, they don't seem to be that big on CE without some accompanying direct evidence. Another case 'Mom' mentioned - they wouldn't charge until someone saw the murderer at the scene. Jason Young is still enjoying his freedom. Ann Miller was only charged because a lawyer for a key witness (who commit suicide) was forced to divulge what his client had said to him.

This linked page may answer some autopsy questions for you. As Nancy was located in just a few short days, I'm sure her stomach contents were intact. I did read another autopsy report (not exactly my thing), that was describing a body found (after a few weeks) in an advanced stage of decomposition in which most of the interior organs were gone. (demcomposed)

This link also describes forensic entomology (bugs, maggots, and other icky creatures)

HTH,
fran

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00206/text_ta_time_since_death.htm

Time Since Death

Tonight my husband brought up a good point that I had not thought of....

By pushing for the psychiatric test as NC's family is, if it proves BC does have some psychological issues, then IMO K&B are going to jump all over it in their defense for BC if he gets charged with murder. Should we be handing them this on a silver platter?

Tonight my husband brought up a good point that I had not thought of....

By pushing for the psychiatric test as NC's family is, if it proves BC does have some psychological issues, then IMO K&B are going to jump all over it in their defense for BC if he gets charged with murder. Should we be handing them this on a silver platter?

If he is charged and brought to trial it won't be a problem unless he has an IQ of less than 70, which is pretty doubtful. He says he's never been treated for mental illness, he has already emptied that glass. JMO

I haven't either Mahmoo. Although I do love a good documentary, I don't go in for crime dramas or crime novels.

Uhhmmmm........I KNOW someone who's a forensic chemist/witness and stuff. ;)

truth and not JMHO,
:rolleyes:
fran

This linked page may answer some autopsy questions for you. As Nancy was located in just a few short days, I'm sure her stomach contents were intact. I did read another autopsy report (not exactly my thing), that was describing a body found (after a few weeks) in an advanced stage of decomposition in which most of the interior organs were gone. (demcomposed)

This link also describes forensic entomology (bugs, maggots, and other icky creatures)

HTH,
fran

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00206/text_ta_time_since_death.htm

Time Since Death

Oh Wow! This is an excellent link! Thanks very much - I've bookmarked it!

This is soooooooooooo off topic but, I have NEVER seen one episode of CSI.............go figure..........me being the crime junkie I am......LOL.

It obviously hasn't hurt you!:crazy: Might be why I want these cases solved in 45 minutes!:D
Thanks for the :whipper: support!:D

There is. I just looked at it via WRAL.com, the traffic tab. I can't see the HT though.

The HT in question (Crescent Commons) is about 3 mi. away from Holly Springs and Cary Parkway. It is diagonally on the opposite side of the entire Lochmere/Camden Forest/Winston Ridge subdivision.

If he had gone through any intersection with traffic cameras that is near the HT, it would have been the one at Kildaire Farm Rd and Tryon Rd. But that intersection is beyond the light at the driveway to Crescent Commons, so it is doubtful he would have gone through that intersection at the alleged 4:00am run or even the 6:15 and 6:30 runs.

However, his trip to LTF while searching for Nancy would most likely have him turning left from Kildaire Farm Rd onto Tryon and his vehicle should be on that camera for that trip.

Uhhmmmm........I KNOW someone who's a forensic chemist/witness and stuff. ;)

truth and not JMHO,
:rolleyes:
fran

Wowsers............I knew there was more to you than meets the eye. Was gonna gonna defend you against some of the earlier posts but I had a feeling you could fend for yourself. Must be some interesting conversations ya'll have had or that's off limits?

And I'm asking questions - should they have not been allowed to sit through press conferences given by LE saying nothing, or answer questions from the press after LE was done, when everyone is siting in the same room, or provide public information regarding memorials ?

2 press conferences over 2 days - is pretty much stopped considering there were sometimes 3 in a day

Sorry, RC, but the manner in which you asked the questions, followed by your statement of "I see." led me to believe that they weren't REALLY questions, but that words were being put into my mouth.

I hope SS doesn't mind me quoting her, but this post answers your questions better than I can say it:

Actually, that's not true. There were two news conferences after it was determined to be homicide. The first one, the police chief took no questions but said that she was yielding the floor to the family who would answer questions only about Nancy as a person (no questions about the crime, about Brad, about their marriage, etc). The second one, again, the police chief provided no info herself, but said that she was yielding the floor to the family where they would answer questions about the children only (again, no questions about the crime, Brad, marriage, etc).

So, again, I don't see how it is law enforcement's role to play press agents for the victim's family and it seemed very atypical to me.

I'll add that I do not necessarily think the conferences after Nancy's death was declared a homicide should have been disallowed. I never said that. I just thought those particular pressers were odd in that the floor was yielded to the family who didn't take questions about the crime but about Nancy as a person.

I apologize if I've offended you in some way RC. Just discussing the case here, like everyone else.

I've read most posts regarding Brad's mom. I remember that she was described as controlling (wouldn't let Nancy have dinner in Nancy's own home when Mom Cooper was there, the story about taking the kids to the zoo and not calling...Mom Cooper could've reminded Brad to call Nancy regarding how the girls were doing, Mom Cooper slamming the door in Amanda Lamb's face), and somewhere I just got the impression that she is "natured" like her son Brad. I'd like to see a psychiatric evaluation on Brad's mom! Or better, hear what the locals in her home town might have to say about Brad and his mom.

Call me weird. I'm curious. (Besides, they did that in the Dahmer case, Scott Peterson case, and way back in the Bundy case...went over the childhoods, parenting, events, friends, etc. of these criminals). No, I realize Brad isn't a criminal, yet anyway. We'll see.

I did see on a message board where one of Brad's long ago ex-girlfriends spoke about him. She said he was pouty, stewed over things for a time, then blew up. Was controlling. As usual I can't find it. If it wasn't on this board it probably was on the message board "In Session", which has dwindled down to not much lately. The ex-girlfriend (I think she was from the college era) said that she broke up with him mainly because of his emotional roller-coaster personality. I do wish I could find that. I'll look for it.

Owning a business I can tell you that cutting off Nancy's credit cards should NOT have stopped her from having her own personal shopping/wardrobe consultant business My Opinion

I'm going to completely disagree with you here. Nancy said she was in an abusive relationship. Not in the exact words, but by descriptions of the state of their marriage, it fits the profile of an abusive relationship. Add in the fact Nancy ended up dead, also, IF the husband did it, points towards ultimate control by the abuser.

As for the 'financial aspect.' It APPEARS, Nancy was trying to turn into a business, something she loved. Shopping and giving fashion advice to her friends, etc. This was just at about the same time Brad cut Nancy off of the credit cards. Of course it was the same time that Nancy had filed for the legal separation and Brad found out how much he had to pay, that he cut her off.

Oh........fiscally sound reasoning due to their financial condition. So, when Nancy gets cut off the credit cards and is given whatever Brad feels like giving her at the time for food, etc., each week, Nancy, trying again, begins doing 'chores,' for her friends for pay. But true to form, when Brad learns Nancy is 'working for money,' he decides to dock her weekly allowance, or perhaps not giving her anything, as she already had some from painting.

Anyone who thinks that is ok. Anyone that can find a good reason for Brad doing this, well, I just do NOT know what to say.

It's not right. Just not right. And now Nancy Cooper is dead. :(

JMHO
fran

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/388865.html
Financial abuse can entrap women

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/3662
This is the story of an American woman who fled with her children from her abusive husband to Holland. She faces imprisonment or turn over her children.

As Nancy was in the U.S. tied to Brad's green card/work visa, IF she continued with divorce proceedings, he MAY have been able to hamper her efforts to get custody of the children AND have her deported. This is in part why Nancy was attempting to get a green card so she could work in the U.S. legally.

http://www.findcounseling.com/journal/domestic-violence/domestic-violence-effects.html
Most battered women take active steps to protect their children, even if they do not leave their batterer.

Brad had taken the children's passports and hidden them so Nancy couldn't flee with them. The only way Nancy could be with her children, was to stay with Brad. That is,.........UNTIL she could get her U.S. green card.

I've read most posts regarding Brad's mom. I remember that she was described as controlling (wouldn't let Nancy have dinner in Nancy's own home when Mom Cooper was there, the story about taking the kids to the zoo and not calling...Mom Cooper could've reminded Brad to call Nancy regarding how the girls were doing, Mom Cooper slamming the door in Amanda Lamb's face, and somewhere I just got the impression that she is "natured" like her son Brad. I'd like to see a psychiatric evaluation on Brad's mom! Or better, hear what the locals in her home town might have to say about Brad and his mom.

Call me weird. I'm curious. (Besides, they did that in the Dahmer case, Scott Peterson case, and way back in the Bundy case...went over the childhoods, parenting, events, friends, etc. of these criminals). No, I realize Brad isn't a criminal, yet anyway. We'll see.

I did see on a message board where one of Brad's long ago ex-girlfriends spoke about him. She said he was pouty, stewed over things for a time, then blew up. Was controlling. As usual I can't find it. If it wasn't on this board it probably was on the message board "In Session", which has dwindled down to not much lately. The ex-girlfriend (I think she was from the college era) said that she broke up with him mainly because of his emotional roller-coaster personality. I do wish I could find that. I'll look for it.

NCNative,

If the way that BC's mom was described is true, I would certainly not want her as my MIL!! I think that I would, however, slam the door in Amanda Lamb's face were I in the position she's in now. Now don't get me wrong, I think Amanda Lamb is a lovely person, I'm just sayin'...

The long-ago ex-girlfriend post was from this board. I remember it as well. It seems like that post was pretty early on but I remember it was some strong stuff she said. I bet you'll be able to hunt it up :crazy:

Private as in BC was the only person attending?

Well, perhaps there was a private ceremony?

Post #127 by aikohead on this page on HOWDesign: Google cache
I have a conference call in five minutes with what I am calling "the core" to talk about the private celebration we are having tomorrow night, the public celebration on Saturday (we are expecting over 1000 people) at Koka Booth Amphitheater, the fund we have set up for Bella and Katie.... just a bunch of stuff.

NCNative,

If the way that BC's mom was described is true, I would certainly not want her as my MIL!! I think that I would, however, slam the door in Amanda Lamb's face were I in the position she's in now. Now don't get me wrong, I think Amanda Lamb is a lovely person, I'm just sayin'...

The long-ago ex-girlfriend post was from this board. I remember it as well. It seems like that post was pretty early on but I remember it was some strong stuff she said. I bet you'll be able to hunt it up :crazy:

If the description of BC's mom is accurate AT ALL - it sends up several red flags to me. First of all, if NC gave in to her demands, it tells me that she likely was an abused woman and was completely under someone else's control. NO ONE - ever - would have had control over where or when my children were "off limits" to me - their Mother! And......how many freaks have we read about who had "mother issues?" It's a common thread among the wierdos we hear about. It's not an anomoly.

Found this from the "Brad Cooper" thread, post #5

Nursebeeme posted-

As soon as I find the exact posts (cannot even remember the user names and if anyone else can help out with that please let me know), I will edit them into this..

1) ex girlfriend poster stated that Brad was given ever oportunity by his family and she also is not surprised this happened and believes that he did this. She asked him if he was reading here on his laptop and she asked him why. She described him as very intelligent and very private. She was surprised that Nancy didn't see his controling side before she had kids with him. she also went to high school with brad thank you jilly...she has located this post......here it is:
I find this extremely difficult. I feel so much grief for those two little girls whose world has been absolutely ripped apart. This is not something that will pass. This is something that will be with them their entire life. I feel for NC's family..what a horrible thing to have to endure. At the same time, I feel for BC's family. No one raises a child to become a murderer (if indeed he did this). BC's family has lost a daughter-in-law, are watching what's happening to their son and who knows how much access they are getting with their grandchildren. These people are grieving too. They are trying to hope beyond hope and believe in their son that he was not responsible for this. They, however, must realize that this does not look good for him.

I think the parents can not be blamed for his mental instability, I truly believe he has a chemical imbalance which in absolutely NO WAY does it excuse what's happened. I don't believe it to even be any sort of defense. There are tons of ways to work through chemical imbalances and personality issues. It is never a defense for murder, IMO.

Now before someone jumps on me for defending him or his family, I have a right to be so torn. I am one of those "ex's" from Canada. BC is from a good family. They gave him so many opportunities that others never had. The Calgary poster is right though. As a person, Brad can be materialistic, self-centered, narcisistic (sp?), moody, mean, emotionally controlling and the like. He can also be a good person, we all have good in us. Nancy must have seen more of his good side at the beginning to have wanted to have children with him and probably tried so hard (as all of his previous relationships did) to work through the bad.

I feel horrible for what NC had to endure and the outcome (at whoever's hands). This is such an awful situation. My head KNOWS how this is going to turn out, my heart wishes it would be different. I wish it was going to be a different outcome because I have shared part of my life, my family....with BC and can't believe that someone that I had put my trust in could ever be involved in such a horrible act. I don't feel sorry for BC because he put himself in this situation. I feel sorry for NC, those poor children and both families.

He is an intensely private person. He is also an extremely smart person which surprises me all the more that he would do something so stupid. I don't think that it was pre-meditated. I think there was an argument that got out of control, one thing led to another and she was gone and he panicked. Which is why everything is unravelling for him. If this was premeditated, he is smart...he would have covered everything to the last meticulous detail.

I think he's guilty. I'll say it clear. But I do feel for his family as well.

And Brad, if you're reading this, because lord knows if you're not in jail, you'll have that laptop all wired up, how could you?

2)we had a friend of BC (?) post from canada...he worked with him. He said it was strange that brad had no friends from highschool and that he did not keep relationships with people. The way he posted...it was Brad was a loner and very private, serious person who did not make friends easily or keep them thanks again jilly!!!!!: Yesterday, 04:22 PM
calgary123

Brad does not have any "close" friends of which I'm aware. He doesn't tend to make lasting friendships.

He went to high school in Medicine Hat, then moved to Calgary. When in Calgary, he had no friends from his high school days. That by itself is odd, and I thought it odd even back then... you would think a few years out of high school you'd still have some friends from your youth. He did not.

Then from Calgary he moved to NC. He did not keep in touch with any of his friends from Calgary once he moved to NC. There just wasn't that kind of bond.

Of all his "friends" I know in Calgary (including myself) not one person has said they don't think he did it. In fact, we all think he likely did.

One of his ex-girlfriends commented to me the other day that she felt odd saying it, but she could actually see him doing something like this.

I'll add that I do not necessarily think the conferences after Nancy's death was declared a homicide should have been disallowed. I never said that. I just thought those particular pressers were odd in that the floor was yielded to the family who didn't take questions about the crime but about Nancy as a person.

I understand what you're saying. Actually, I don't understand why any LE really has any press conferences.............they can't answer the questions........why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985