Found Safe NC - Emily Dowdle, 11, Catawaba County, 27 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Posted 7 hrs ago:

Just got this from a spokesperson with the FBI.

The Catawba Police Department, the Catawba County Sheriff's Office, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are seeking assistance to locate a missing 11-year-old girl. Emily Jaide Dowdle was last seen on September 27, 2016, at approximately 2:45 p.m. along Hudson Chapel Road after being dropped off by the school bus. She was reported missing by a family member via a 911 call to Catawba County Communications at approximately 3:30 p.m. She was last seen wearing a pink long sleeve shirt with a print design on the front, blue jean capris, pink nike tennis shoes. She wears black horned-rim eye glasses. Anyone with information on Emily's whereabouts should call 828-241-2111.
The following law enforcement agencies are also assisting in the ongoing investigation; the Newton Police Department, the Hickory Police Department, and the Claremont Police Department.

An investigative road block will be conducted near the girl's home this afternoon to speak to drivers who travel that area who may have information that can lead to Emily.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=348315218846897&substory_index=0&id=121173768227711

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://www.wbtv.com/story/33266601/search-continues-for-missing-catawba-county-girl

So Emily's parents weren't aware of her truancy until Monday? It sure sounds like she ran away because the doo doo hit the fan but the burning question is where the heck could she have gone overnight? This feels so awful. :(

Surely the school has a responsibility to phone a parent if their child is not in school. A child missing from school nine times and the parents not being notified immediately is inexcusable. I really hope Emily hasn't encountered a predator hopefully the authorities can find out if this is a possibility asap. It's so dangerous out there online with messaging apps etc for the young.

8 hrs ago:

I'm down in Catawba now where I can see fbi, Sbi, sheriff deputies and Catawba police. The 11-year old has not been found yet. Police say she missed 9-days of school recently and the family was going to address that after she went to school yesterday. She does not have a cell phone or money. We've been told police want to talk with some of her classmates in hopes of developing some leads.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=348266808851738&substory_index=0&id=121173768227711

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's interesting the stepmom reacted so quickly. In her shoes I think I probably would have assumed the bus was running late.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;781285170569764872]https://twitter.com/AlexaWSOC9/status/781285170569764872[/video]
Search suspended for the night. :(

Wouldn't she need a phone or tablet for Instagram? I can access my IG via my laptop but I'm not able to upload photos that way.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

You can upload photos from a laptop to instagram using an application like gramblr whether Emily would know about that I'm not sure.

Different country and all, but my son's school doesn't contact me if he misses school. I forgot to call them once when he was off with the flu and when he returned I questioned that, they said that wasn't school protocol. However, nine days in a month? I would assume that the school would contact for a meeting or something.

The fact the FBI has been called in so quickly and they haven't asked for volunteers... I have a sick feeling in my stomach that this isn't going to end well.

Different country and all, but my son's school doesn't contact me if he misses school. I forgot to call them once when he was off with the flu and when he returned I questioned that, they said that wasn't school protocol. However, nine days in a month? I would assume that the school would contact for a meeting or something.

The fact the FBI has been called in so quickly and they haven't asked for volunteers... I have a sick feeling in my stomach that this isn't going to end well.

:welcome:

Is she in gymnastics at all? Her pictures look like a girl who is interested in being a gymnast or possibly a model. I'm leaning more on gymnast with the recent Olympic events. Have there been any new dance or gym studios in this town? New teachers especially. Or a teacher or an adult presuming to be a expert on Olympian training or modeling. Ask her other classmates about the dance,performance, coaches, teachers, etc if they have been encountered and asked if they wanted to really learn ___ and win.

Also, sometimes it's not just adults that children sadly think they can trust. It could very much be a child near or above her age that can easily manipulate. Just speculation. Sorry, if too much.

Before the rain came in, the search dogs should have found any leads from her house if there were any. They had a set yesterday and then a set of dogs came from WV this morning.

This just occurred to me. Wonder if the school and high school have checked their attendance records to see if one of their students was out of school the same days as Emily? I am floored the parents were not notified before nine days had been missed. However, we may only know part of the story.

I am hoping the friend who posted on FB can give LE a few new leads that may help find an alive Emily.

I noticed on her public instagram the 3rd photo is of another girl and she says she is being homeschooled and Emily is "devistated" she won't be there in school with her anymore. I wonder if this is just another little thing that led to her skipping school. A bunch of little things adding up in her life could have made her run away or a vulnerable target for a predator. I'm very worried for her. :(

Here is a theory I got about the cell phone confusion. What if Emily met someone online (if she has a laptop or computer access) and this person sent her a cell phone that they could communicate on.And the 9 days missed maybe she waiting for this phone to arrive? The parents may not have knew anything about this phone but chances are pretty high that her friends did. And who knows maybe this girl lied and sid that she got it from her parents but actually in reality hid it from them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back