New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did move the body, he is both more bold and more stupid than I thought...there should be traces there, if this spot if the original place, and he won't feel so smart then. And if he did move her, I doubt he did it by himself.

So...where did Josh go recently when he announced he went camping? That was so odd that I have a hard time believing it doesn't play into all this somehow.

Here's the OP of the "camping" thread that was posted August 30th:

I just saw this today:

Reported by: Marcos Ortiz

"Saturday while in Puyallup I learned Josh Powell had disappeared the night before from his father's home. "He went camping," said Steven his father. Not only did he go camping but he took off near midnight with his two children. "That's Josh," said his father."

Source:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/bl...heres-Josh-Powell/qPz7T1oxkk6yK4o3jfIh4g.cspx

No word yet on whether he and the boys made it back or not...

ETA: Isn't there someone here at WS who lives in their neighborhood? Anyone seen Josh or the boys since Friday?

Just weird as it can be.

How far is the drive from his WA home to this burial site? ETA: 16 hours according to google maps.

Did he leave for camping at night (assuming that's been confirmed) so as to make the drive with the kids sleeping, dig her up, take to a new site, bury again, etc. all before the kids woke up? Was there enough time to do all that during the night? ETA: No there wasn't. Long drive. He was not confirmed back at his house for at least a few days.

Hatesociopaths, I know when my boys were that age, they answered whatever they were asked honestly. I could tell by just the looks on their faces if they did something they werent supposed to, so I am thinking if they were told not to tell, they would bust w I have a secret, or would just say dad said not to tell. So sad, I am sitting here smiling thinking about my boys when they were little, then I remember Susan isnt w her sons and how sad it is for her boys not to have her anymore. :(

It is certainly confusing. I wonder whether the idea is to keep the pressure on the Ps by letting events move extremely quickly, but to semi-officially announce a find of bones, which become "human remains" and then, through a series of back-pedals, "scents" verges on the reckless, surely. And if the site in question shows evidence of recent activity (body dug up and moved) -- when and how? Has either Powell been back in Utah since they embraced their new Cheaper By the Dozen lifestyle in WA? Are there Powell minions we don't yet know about who can be dispatched across states to rob graves and destroy evidence?

If this is Susan, no doubt all will be forgiven so far as this oddball day goes, and hopefully the Cox family will find some peace. If it isn't her I foresee some awkward times ahead for Sgt. Powell et al.

Slightly OT, I am reminded once again of how on this site threads containing developing news begin to take on extraordinary momentum until they are almost live things, especially when the thread is a mature one, and there is the sense that its followers have been holding their breath for months and can finally exhale.

I hope that some resolution lies round the corner.

s

They have been back in Utah, yes. More than once. Or Josh at least.
Josh came back a couple of times and it made the news. He also came back when it didn't.

Imagine my shock when he walked out in front of me in a parking lot... complete with that beanie. (It was winter 2010/2011.) :waitasec:

He just walked out in front of me like, of COURSE I was going to stop for him. Why wouldn't I? Whether he gave me time or not. :banghead:

I almost forgot to hit the brakes. And they needed to be fixed so when I did hit them they were LOUD. :giggle: He and his beanie kinda went... :eek:

People need to be a little more careful about walking out in front of full size trucks... :waitasec:

They will squash him like a little bitty cockroach... and he can't run that fast. :twocents:

I think JP went on the recent camping trip for two reasons:

1.) To show LE that he is prone to take the boys and go camping at the drop of a hat and at that time of the night.

2.) Playing mind games with the boys and saying something on the order of, "Remember coming here when your Mom left?" It would be nowhere near the actual location, IMO.

Oh, how I despise both JP and SP!! In fact, they are both beyond despicable!!

Please, God, let LE find Susan! GB the Cox family and the boys tonight and help them to remain strong.

MOO

I don't think a body was moved, at least not recently. Right now I like the theory that Josh checked up on his hidey spot and LE was able to track it or a witness saw it. Remember how Scott Peterson would drive to the SF bay and just stand there looking over the water? I have to wonder if Josh hasn't done the same thing here and that was his undoing.

Is that legal? That would seem to violate his rights and would blow the case if discovered. MOO.

The issue is apparently before the supreme court. Not sure if it's been decided, but they do it all the time. http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/supreme-court-to-rule-on-warrentless-gps-tracking/

Josh came back a couple of times and it made the news. He also came back when it didn't.

Imagine my shock when he walked out in front of me in a parking lot... complete with that beanie. (It was winter 2010/2011.) :waitasec:

He just walked out in front of me like, of COURSE I was going to stop for him. Why wouldn't I? Whether he gave me time or not. :banghead:

I almost forgot to hit the brakes. And they needed to be fixed so when I did hit them they were LOUD. :giggle: He and his beanie kinda went... :eek:

People need to be a little more careful about walking out in front of full size trucks... :waitasec:

They will squash him like a little bitty cockroach... and he can't run that fast. :twocents:

Whoa! I cannot imagine. It would freak me out to be that close to a murderer.

Sorry catching up on earlier events. Just wanted to point out something:

2 DAYS BEFORE THE SEARCH OF WA HOME AUG 23, 2011

First published Aug 23 2011 02:04PM
Updated Aug 23, 2011 11:49PM
Hours before a Washington judge was scheduled Tuesday to hear Josh Powell’s request for a restraining order against the father of his missing wife, new allegations flew between family and friends at odds in the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

Jennifer Graves, Josh Powell’s estranged sister, and Susan Powell’s best friend in West Valley City, Kiirsi Hellewell, are alleging Susan Powell’s father-in-law had made unwanted sexual advances toward her — claims Steve Powell immediately denied.

Graves, who lives in West Jordan, said her missing sister-in-law told her that Steve Powell sent her nude photos of men and tried to kiss her on at least one occasion. Steve Powell also allegedly made a comment at one point suggesting Josh and he “share” the woman, Graves said. Susan Powell was repulsed by her father-in-law, Graves said.

“She spurned him a few times,” said Graves, adding she believes her father may have had something to do with Susan Powell’s disappearance. The man had motivation to go after his daughter-in-law when she rebuffed his advances, Graves said.

Graves said she and Hellewell are now coming forward with the information because Steve Powell is preparing to post teenage diary entries written by Susan Powell online at susanpowell.org. The Powells claim the entries show Susan Powell was capable of leaving her husband and two young sons — Charlie, 6 and Braden, 4 — for another man. Josh Powell has told police he last saw his wife Dec. 6, 2009, as he left their West Valley City home around midnight to take the children camping in Utah’s west desert.

Steve Powell, when denying the claims against him, said his daughter “rejected him” following his divorce from his ex-wife, Terrica Powell, in 1992. He said that he and Josh Powell feel “under siege” by the bevy of false allegations against them.

“How did she come up with these ideas?” Steve Powell said of Graves. “I’m baffled, and I’m astounded.”

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52439863-78/powell-susan-steve-graves.html.csp

2 DAYS AFTER THE SEARCH

Published: Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011
In what has become a pattern of increasingly odd statements from Steven Powell, he maintained Friday that Susan Powell initiated a pattern of flirting with him and he claims he eventually developed a relationship with her. He didn't expound on that relationship but said his feelings evolved into an "obsession," and he wrote about it in his seized journal.

"There are definitely some things that were inappropriate for a married woman and her father-in-law," he told the Deseret News outside his home in Puyallup. "Frankly, after a long period of time, a year or two of her approaching me and being the one that was really initiating things and trying to titillate me and get my attention, yeah, I became very interested in her."

Steven Powell said he took a lot of photographs and videos of Susan that show "Susan was very much a willing participant in our relationship" and that she craved his attention. He said the photos were "nothing graphic."

But Chuck Cox also maintained Friday that his daughter wanted nothing to do with Steven Powell — and he doesn't believe the public is buying what Steven Powell is saying about his daughter.

"The world is not that stupid. They know a lie when they hear it," he said

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-taken-from-home-Steven-Powell-says.html?pg=2

Is it possible this journal is actually JP's, as well as all the photos and videos of Susan? Did Steven try to portray himself as the one who was still fantasizing over Susan - a total diversion from his story a few days earlier where he denied such conduct towards Susan? Why confess all that to the media where millions will hear about his creepiness? Was he trying to hide the true source of that material, his son, who he is trying to help get away with murder?

There is also this as well to dispute his story:

Powell's sister-in-law Jennifer Graves called claims of a flirtatious and sexually charged relationship made by her father Steven Powell between him and Susan "slander," and called for a return of focus on the search for the missing mom.

"My dad is saying all kinds of things about Susan that aren't true -- Susan wasn't like this. Steven Powell is," Graves said. "At this point we need to focus on the investigation. All the slander is not helping to find Susan -- we need to go back to an investigation mode instead of a mudslinging mode.

"[Susan's husband] Josh and my dad have done nothing to help, they've done a lot of talking but it's nothing to help find Susan. They're not talking to police. It doesn't portray a man who wants to find his wife," she added.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-taken-from-home-Steven-Powell-says.html?pg=3

So is it possible JOSH POWELL kept a journal, including statements that indicated where he might have buried Susan?

If true, how did authorities know that he had such a journal?

MOO.

The article I linked to above has a slew of federal cases regarding what LE can do digitally, to track suspects and how the various courts have ruled. Very interesting read.

Yeah...I'm thinking that Tony Abbott had seen something more recently but at first didn't think much of it. Then he heard of the searching in the area and thought, (I'm speculating here) "oh...maybe that van I saw on this road was something important" and he decided to tell LE.

I'm not sure that I can believe Josh moved the remains recently, that seems too ballsy to me. OR maybe she was in a bag and all he would have to do is dig up the bag? I don't know, that still seems messy and too risky. I'm on the fence. Extra curious though when pressed about what "recently" meant in that video above he sort of blurts out "EXTREMELY" and then right away reacants "no, I shouldn't say that. Fairly recent". I don't know anthropologist lingo, but IMO "recently" wouldn't be any longer than a couple months. Even a year to me isn't recently, but maybe to them it is?

The LE guy at the presser seemed very confident they had something there.

I also noticed at one point in the video he said something along the lines of "I'm not going to comment on THE CLOTHES" making it sound like there was something and then later when asked said something to the effect of "I'm not going to say either way what was or wasn't found." Have to wonder if that was a freudian slip?

Waitaminute! JP left and it was 16 hours to get there, he could have left at dark but got to that spot at dark, or visa versa. There are hwys that are always patrolled heavy because of drug running-like everywhere else in the USA- and his camper was Spotted or say they just took what JP said before or SP said before and just scouted out the area where there were tire tracks, Upturned dirt, human tracks w cadaver dogs , thats why the fresh dogs? SP is the one who gave them a motive also w his latest affair carp in attempting to character assasinate the poor girl. I just have to say I love the fact that JP was LE s bird dog!

So, inquiring minds want to know why exactly you slammed on the brakes? :dunno: I might have just hit the gas instead. You know, by mistake.

I'm confused. I thought it was stated that they had found human remains, as in, bones, tissue, things that can be tested and analyzed by anthropologists and ME. But what they've actually found is a patch of disturbed earth which they have started to excavate because dogs say it smells like human remains?

I'm confused. I thought it was stated that they had found human remains, as in, bones, tissue, things that can be tested and analyzed by anthropologists and ME. But what they've actually found is a patch of disturbed earth which they have started to excavate because dogs say it smells like human remains?

Yep... and the BLM lady says it is "modern" and "recently disturbed."

7 dogs say there is human decomposition there.

The BLM lady says the DIRT is from the last several years, not from 100 years ago.

Now apparently the HRD dogs hitting is enough to state that they have found a body.
I can think of several cases where they hit on dirt and dumpsters, because a body had been there but been moved.
I cannot believe they misled everyone including the family/friends that way. :banghead:

So, inquiring minds want to know why exactly you slammed on the brakes? :dunno: I might have just hit the gas instead. You know, by mistake.

I said I *almost* forgot to... but I had just fixed the headlight... I was in a parking lot... cameras... witnesses... including my own kids...

They had already seen him... I figured I should avoid them seeing any further yuckiness. :crazy:

It didn't freak me out. Josh does not scare me. I would not be the slightest bit afraid to run into him in a dark alley. :seeya:

I understand, but it was also said that this was a "shallow grave." I guess the word "shallow" must be relative...I am guessing less than 6 feet since that would be a more or less "normal" grave. So I am surprised that not even a bone has been found, JMO.

I'm thinking he may have used acid to disintigrate the body. I believe that could possibly account for the burned/chapped looking hands he came back with.

My opinion only

Yep... and the BLM lady says it is "modern" and "recently disturbed."

7 dogs say there is human decomposition there.

The BLM lady says the DIRT is from the last several years, not from 100 years ago.

Now apparently the HRD dogs hitting is enough to state that they have found a body.
I can think of several cases where they hit on dirt and dumpsters, because a body had been there but been moved.
I cannot believe they misled everyone including the family/friends that way. :banghead:

I said I *almost* forgot to... but I had just fixed the headlight... I was in a parking lot... cameras... witnesses... including my own kids...

They had already seen him... I figured I should avoid them seeing any further yuckiness. :crazy:

It didn't freak me out. Josh does not scare me. I would not be the slightest bit afraid to run into him in a dark alley. :seeya:

I have to agree that its beyond me they actually led on family and friends to think they had a BODY. Remains. NOT some disturbed earth. To the point of Mr. Cox flying in.

Lets hope they find something because we are going to twist ourselves into loops over making sense of this.

Just found this earlier article, packed with info on Steven Powell:

She said she spoke with him again in August of 2009 before Susan went missing and he was still obsessed with Susan. He was still talking about her and how his life had never moved forward. He'd hardly ever dated another woman because of his love and infatuation with Susan, she said.

“The only time Steve talked about dating another woman was for a very brief period in 2002,” Sandy said Wednesday. "So, in the very year that Susan disappeared, Steve was still obsessed with her and had not moved on or found anyone else."

Continue reading on Examiner.com Finally – light shed on why Susan Cox Powell feared her father-in-law - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ox-powell-feared-her-father-law#ixzz1Y6L5JT3n

So if SP did keep a journal that was recovered, perhaps he has made trips out to Delta himself to visit the grave site? Please read the full article to see the extent of his obsession with Susan. I also read his song lyrics at his site about her at http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/Default.aspx

Didn't one report say a cross was found there?

They may have found google map searches, etc. on his computer as well. This would be based on a theory that JP confessed the full story to him, and now SP likes to visit the grave site (or has at least once.)

Perhaps they got the latest search warrant from this info:

“It’s been long enough,” she said. “I originally called the police in January 2010, right after Susan disappeared, because I felt like I had vital information about the Powell family. They were contacted again in April 2010 and October 2010, and yet they never called me back until late July 2011.”

For about a decade Steve Powell told Sandy that he had been in love with and obsessed with Susan.

“Susan was the focal point of the songs he wrote and that are posted on the Steve Chantrey website. Those are but a few of the many more songs written about Susan,” Sandy said.

“He is pining for a love he never could have,” she said.

“Steve was very proud of his stash of *advertiser censored* magazines he kept in a locked cabinet in his bedroom. He showed them to me when he lived at his previous Puyallup home,” Sandy said.

Last fall Sandy said Steve boasted that he still had the pair of Susan’s very sacred Mormon Temple Garment underwear that he stole from the dirty laundry when she and Josh lived at his house at the beginning of their marriage.

“Not only did he stash her underwear in his locked bedroom cabinet, he said he stashed her pictures, journals, and *advertiser censored* in there too,” Sandy said.

“In fact,” she said, “when police went to search his house last fall they missed it – Steve told me they never even looked in his locked cabinet so he still has her private belongings, including her underwear.

“From the beginning of Josh and Susan’s marriage Steve expressed very explicit fantasies about her,” she said.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Finally – light shed on why Susan Cox Powell feared her father-in-law - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ox-powell-feared-her-father-law#ixzz1Y6MWKFgq

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member