New Search 9/12/2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20528973,00.html

"While cadaver dogs searching a site in the Utah desert for clues in the Susan Powell case turned up a scent of what police said was 'human decomposition,' no actual remains have been found, contrary to some premature reports earlier this week.

'The dogs are still smelling something, but we have not come across bones,' Police Lieutenant Bill Merritt told the Salt Lake Tribune Thursday night. 'We have not come across clothing.'"

Uhm... premature reports by the police. WTF was with the "no comment" during the presser when asked if there was a skull? Wouldn't that have been the time to clarify -- if the impression that you'd put out there by saying "human remains" was purely accidental -- that in fact you hadn't seen any bones yet?

Did the LE actually say they had seen remains, or only they had found remains? There is a difference. If they have something (say the ground sonar confirmation) they may know for sure that they have found remains, but haven't actually seen the remains. That could easily have led to the confusion. Esp. in the articles about the conferences where we have the media translating what the LE has said.

LE was speaking rather cryptically and I think that is what has led to a lot of confusion on what they have actually found.

I don't think a body was moved, at least not recently. Right now I like the theory that Josh checked up on his hidey spot and LE was able to track it or a witness saw it. Remember how Scott Peterson would drive to the SF bay and just stand there looking over the water? I have to wonder if Josh hasn't done the same thing here and that was his undoing.

That rental car and JP's disappearance with it is really making sense to me now. When were JP's chapped hands first noticed? Before or after the rental car?

I agree mysteriew, I think this will be a painstaking process and they've only dug 1 foot at this point. DBF has a degree in anthropology/archaelogy and he says that digs go very slowly so as not to disturb what is underneath the dirt.

The only thing I can't wrap my mind around is how would JP dig a grave in the frozen ground that night. Didn't he have a generator with him? Maybe he had some kind of power tool. Or.....he could have moved her to this spot recently after the search of mines in Ely, NV.

MOO and speculation.

wm

I hope LE can wrap things up today. We are supposed to have one of our Fall backwards days where it's supposed to get to almost 80 then drop 30 degrees this aftenoon ending in wind, thunderstorms, rain and hail.

I hope LE can wrap things up today. We are supposed to have one of our Fall backwards days where it's supposed to get to almost 80 then drop 30 degrees this aftenoon ending in wind, thunderstorms, rain and hail.

What is the local time there in Utah?

That rental car and JP's disappearance with it is really making sense to me now. When were JP's chapped hands first noticed? Before or after the rental car?

It was either Hamberger or Peterson who noticed the chapped hands and it was a few days after she went missing, perhaps the 15th. In the 'beanie' interview, he was standing in front of the rental car, his hands were NOT chapped then. I wonder if 'anyone' in WA had chapped hands, as well? I don't remember how long he had the rental car.

Josh came back a couple of times and it made the news. He also came back when it didn't.

Imagine my shock when he walked out in front of me in a parking lot... complete with that beanie.... He just walked out in front of me like, of COURSE I was going to stop for him. Why wouldn't I? Whether he gave me time or not. :banghead:

I almost forgot to hit the brakes. :

A sigh for what might have been...:waitasec:

Thanks for the info!

s

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44537821/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

~snipped~

As of 5 p.m. MDT, searchers and dogs had dug into the gravesite about 1 foot deep and 3 feet wide, NBC station KSL reported. Merritt said dogs continued to give a "strong indication" that remains are present.

"The dogs are smelling something," he said. "It's human decomposition."

According to article the searchers have only dug down 1 foot. I hope that today's search yeilds some answers. I just don't think the LE would be taking this so seriously and spending time and resources if they didn't feel hopeful that they found someone's remains. Keep on digging LE!! MOO.

Prayers for Susan and her family.

wm

Ok, I'm starting to have a really hard time with the reporting (and the K9 situation) on this current search.

I sure hope the dogs aren't digging.
Not to mention that if I understand correctly- we do not know this is a gravesite yet, is that correct?

And on top of that- smelling 'decomp' for an HRD dog is not the same as smelling ancient bone dust or fragments.
I think they must have discovered something/someone else- or nothing at all.

MVHO.

lol, Oriah. That was my exact thought...I have this picture of my black lab turning my backyard in to a replica of the moon...

I don't understand. They said they had human remains. When asked if he meant "bones", he said "human remains". LE can't make a blunder this big, right? I hope they aren't going to every camping spot that jp or sp posted in journals, just to see jp's reaction.

Ok, I'm starting to have a really hard time with the reporting (and the K9 situation) on this current search.

I sure hope the dogs aren't digging.

It's alarming to think about. My understanding is a dog hit on the spot, more dogs brought to the spot individually and they hit. Yesterday two more fresh dogs brought in individually and they hit. LE digs and they periodically bring a dog in and they continue to hit.

Ksl 1160 now talking about the case. Dog handler standing behind the dogs. Says 98% remains are there.

It's alarming to think about. My understanding is a dog hit on the spot, more dogs brought to the spot individually and they hit. Yesterday two more fresh dogs brought in individually and they hit. LE digs and they periodically bring a dog in and they continue to hit.

Ksl 1160 now talking about the case. Dog handler standing behind the dogs. Says 98% remains are there.

BBM:
I will be very glad if that is the case. Maybe the video shown of the dogs all kind of running around was break time?

98%....of human remains (meaning a body)? Or 98% likely that human remains have been detected by HRD dogs at the site?

Everything they're doing is deliberate and I am confident they know there are remains there. They are not going to tell the public everything.

Also, excavations take time! They have to do this by the letter or face it being thrown out. This is definitely the real thing, we just need to be patient.

Food for thought: if we're in a tizzy, can you imagine what the killer is thinking? And that is your answer to why the vague reporting.

BBM:
I will be very glad if that is the case. Maybe the video shown of the dogs all kind of running around was break time?

98%....of human remains (meaning a body)? Or 98% likely that human remains have been detected by HRD dogs at the site?

BBM. Good question. Sounded like he meant an actual body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06