NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Renner has his own thoughts on this, but I don't necessarily think Fred just handed Maura $3 to $4000+ to go buy a used car. They planned to initially do this together, perhaps to guide her and prevent her from a bad purchase; I don't think he'd suddenly decide she's ok to do this by herself and give her a wad of cash, IMO.

As far as I know, Renner just made up the idea that her father gave her cash. Her father has never said as much, and there is no evidence.

I know Renner has his own thoughts on this, but I don't necessarily think Fred just handed Maura $3 to $4000+ to go buy a used car. They planned to initially do this together, perhaps to guide her and prevent her from a bad purchase; I don't think he'd suddenly decide she's ok to do this by herself and give her a wad of cash, IMO.

Caffeine, you make much more sense than I do on this aspect of Maura's case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know, Renner just made up the idea that her father gave her cash. Her father has never said as much, and there is no evidence.

Are there differences in what Renner writes in his blog as opposed to what's in his book? His book states Fred arrived with $4000, but Renner never says that Fred gave it to her.

Did I hear (in the MM special) that she had CC fraud charges, etc? If anyone has time to elaborate it would be greatly appreciated.
I was watching while making dinner and I know I missed parts and need to watch it again.
She looks like the perfect kid, Fred even said so, I just wonder what was going on in her life. This case haunts me...

Did I hear (in the MM special) that she had CC fraud charges, etc? If anyone has time to elaborate it would be greatly appreciated.
I was watching while making dinner and I know I missed parts and need to watch it again.
She looks like the perfect kid, Fred even said so, I just wonder what was going on in her life. This case haunts me...

Yep. $80 worth of fraudulent charges for pizza.

Wasn't it proven that Fred actually withdrew increments of $400 from several ATM's in route to Maura? If so, why not just withdraw from bank beforehand? So many ?'s.

Wasn't it proven that Fred actually withdrew increments of $400 from several ATM's in route to Maura? If so, why not just withdraw from bank beforehand? So many ?'s.

He withdrew a total of $4000 in cash from several ATMs on the way to UMass. Why not just write a check? Maybe it would need to clear first. IMO, he wanted her to have a decent car ASAP!

The phone call to her sister was proven to have been made a few hours before her breakdown & the sister claims nothing unusual was discussed during that convo. She also stated that Maura seemed fine during the convo & when told later about Maura's breakdown while working, the sister stated she thought Maura was probably just trying to get out of working that night. I do believe Maura is/was sociopathic due to her out of control-almost wierd actions. Who steals from the commissary at West Point? Why all of these car accidents? Credit card fraud to order pizza from another student, that pizza being delivered to your dorm, so of course traceable? The entire case is incredibly mysterious!

Or, given the fact that there are no records of them visiting any dealerships, perhaps give her money to "get away".?

There's a lot of theories out there that are well presented and somewhat sensible. But some require larger leaps of faith than others. In the end, we don't necessarily know what's relevant and what's not. Surely some things might be important, other things may be totally unrelated.

She looked up a Web search about alcohol and early pregnancy.

She called Stowe, VT and Linda Salomone's place for lodging.

There was a rag found in her tail pipe.

She lied about a death in her family to excuse herself from school.

There's dozens of pieces of information one can use and form a basis of what may have happened to Maura. Again, some things are more believable than others.

However, I think it's certainly worth considering that perhaps Maura's dissapearence is a result of things beyond her control and little or nothing is truly connected. There's definitely outcomes that I feel are less probable but at this point nothing can really be ruled out either.

Thank-you for this post.

Was it determined WHY there was a rag in her tailpipe?

I agree, Rallibella, but didn't she also have the cash her father gave her for the car?

I believe the dad has said he put that 4k in a bank account she could have access to after she was reported missing. But initially he returned home with it.

I have been wondering the same thing about the bus driver....odd if she didn't go with him but can see why she wouldn't. Really truly bizarre.

I keep going back to the rag/tailpipe and busting my brain thinking why and who? The only explanation I can come up with is maybe she was warming her hands with the exhaust air that was left(assuming car was not running) and put the rag to preserve hot air remaining or keeping exhaust warm.

I keep going back to the rag/tailpipe and busting my brain thinking why and who? The only explanation I can come up with is maybe she was warming her hands with the exhaust air that was left(assuming car was not running) and put the rag to preserve hot air remaining or keeping exhaust warm.

Fred said he gave the rag to her to put in the tailpipe to keep the car from smoking since the car wasn't running well. In reality, a rag in the tailpipe would normally cause a car to stall.

The phone call to her sister was proven to have been made a few hours before her breakdown & the sister claims nothing unusual was discussed during that convo. She also stated that Maura seemed fine during the convo & when told later about Maura's breakdown while working, the sister stated she thought Maura was probably just trying to get out of working that night. I do believe Maura is/was sociopathic due to her out of control-almost wierd actions. Who steals from the commissary at West Point? Why all of these car accidents? Credit card fraud to order pizza from another student, that pizza being delivered to your dorm, so of course traceable? The entire case is incredibly mysterious!

Regarding stealing at West Point. That is most likely why she was asked to leave, plus the credit card fraud.

West Point's Cadet Honor Code reads simply that

"A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do."

Cadets accused of violating the Honor Code face a standardized investigative and hearing process. First they are tried by a jury of their peers. If they are found guilty, the case will go up to the Commandant of the Academy who will give his recommendation, then to the Superintendent of the Academy, who has the discretion to either impose sanctions or recommend that the Secretary of the Army expel the cadet from the Academy.

So odd (as with everything in this case) that Fred would offer the info to the police upfront about teaching Maura to use the rag in the tailpipe just "in case" they found a rag...just another thing that makes me question Fred.

Jmo anything seems possible in this case, with nothing being more likely than anything else. Most baffling case I can recall.

If she was riding a long way with a rag in her tailpipe couldn't that cause carbon monoxide in the car? Plus if she was drinking, the combination might cause her to get confused and disoriented maybe explaining her taking the exit she took and the crash. Also, if disoriented that might contribute to climbing into a car with a stranger or running into the woods. I've never heard of anyone putting a rag in the exhaust pipe. I'm not a mechanic and no nothing about cars, but sounds dangerous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay