Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my thought as well.
No sound, victim is incapacitated immediatly. Probably long enough to put handcuffs on her or drug her.
I now believe this a kidnapping in exchange for something.
So she had to stay alive but she's a big strong woman, so in order for the suspect to drive the car safely without holding a gun, she had to no longer be a risk, yet look normal for the outside world.
I've seen this theory other places as well. Do you think the FBI using the word Kidnapped rather Abduction is an indication as well?

There’s been dashcam footage coming out from over the road truckers that pass by some of the companies being mentioned. I wouldn’t know how to look that up and it’s speculative, but I have scene shots where there are trucks parked near where her car was eventually located.
One theory is maybe the truck was loaded into a semi. Imo and no disrespect.

There are a lot of semis in that general area. It looks like the Sherwin-Williams plant has a number of them behind locked gates.

If her vehicle was in a semi, it would have to have ramps and very secure tie-downs. I think it would also have to be unloaded there at night. I think that activity would show up on the Sherwin-Williams security cameras, unless there isn't one that catches that patch of dirt just west of the facility. Likely the perp would have checked out the SW cameras before chosing to drop her car there. He could have easily dropped it 300 feet farther south and it would have been far less noticeable.

I don't understand how she goes from maximum security in her life to totally unprotected and even unnecessarily vulnarable.
Because she wanted to. She wanted to do what people her age do.

She is 18, so considered an adult, and diplomatic protection would only cover her while she was living with her father. It won't follow her around, as Naomi is not the diplomat.

She probably didn't have a job in South Africa as she probably didn't need one.
So when she came to the US, she bought a cheap old car, lived with her brother, and picked up a local job to get her foot on the first rung of the ladder in her new life.

She did it all because she wanted to.

Last edited:
I made a recent drive from the northern Nevada area to southern Cailfornia. I kept noticing semi trucks parked off the streets in numerous places. Especially in rest stops and truck stop parking lots. Presumably, their drivers were in the cab resting / sleeping.

I wonder if truckers also hung out along that stretch of Duffy Road where her car was dropped, inside their cabs, resting. Looking at a Google shot, I can see a semi in a dirt area just west of the paved Walmart parking lot, not using the apparent paved roads to the Walmart loading bays.

She is 18, so considered an adult, and diplomatic protection would only cover her while she was living with her father. It won't follow her around, as she is not the diplomat.

She probably didn't have a job on South Africa, as she didn't need one. So when she came to the US, she bought a cheap old car, lived with her brother, and picked up a local job to get her foot on the first rung of the ladder in her new life.

And Fernley, NV is generally thought of as a quiet agricultural town, much like Fallon is, despite Fallon having the Naval Air Base there.

There are a lot of semis in that general area. It looks like the Sherwin-Williams plant has a number of them behind locked gates.

If her vehicle was in a semi, it would have to have ramps and very secure tie-downs. I think it would also have to be unloaded there at night. I think that activity would show up on the Sherwin-Williams security cameras, unless there isn't one that catches that patch of dirt just west of the facility. Likely the perp would have checked out the SW cameras before chosing to drop her car there. He could have easily dropped it 300 feet farther south and it would have been far less noticeable.

I believe the poster was stating that it was theorized by some that perhaps the suspect's truck was hidden in a semi, and perhaps taken from the area unseen, not that Naomi's car had been hidden in one. JMO

Simplest explanation: he encountered her via a dating app (a predator seeking prey), she innocently spoke of the shuttle at some point, this day he parked a short distance away, waited until the very moment she moved to exit her vehicle and accosted her, forcing his way in.

A tazer could account for force, compliance, shaking...

She is captive. He drives with her in her car to wherever he had in mind. The dreaded second location. A residence, a wooded area, a lair.

Later that day, IMO, he simply drives back to his truck, leaves her car and drives away in his truck.

IMO he's relatively local. And he's driving something else.

JMO

Gray just posted this

Casey Valley Sent Me this for a search on Saturday for Naomi Irion
For Saturday 3/26 10am

The location will be in the west parking lot behind Loves truck stop (825 Commerce Center Dr, Fernley, NV 89408) This will be the first of a few areas for concentrated search.

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES....

1. THIS WILL BE A ON FOOT SEARCH ONLY!!!

2. OPEN CARRY IS FINE BUT PLEASE NO RIFLES.

3. PLEASE NO ATV/UTV.

4. NO PETS!!

5. NO CHILDREN

***************NEEDS************
EMT/CPR volunteers with certs to be verified and medical bags.

Group leaders with military or SAR experience. 10? Maybe more.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxnJYXYds4Xe8bPqf_jv9D4aaE1TDn4aqc

Simplest explanation: he encountered her via a dating app (a predator seeking prey), she innocently spoke of the shuttle at some point, this day he parked a short distance away, waited until the very moment she moved to exit her vehicle and accosted her, forcing his way in.

A tazer could account for force, compliance, shaking...

She is captive. He drives with her in her car to wherever he had in mind. The dreaded second location. A residence, a wooded area, a lair.

Later that day, IMO, he simply drives back to his truck, leaves her car and drives away in his truck.

IMO he's relatively local. And he's driving something else.

JMO
Agree with all your points.

Don't think anyone will be spotting that truck out and about at this point. Probably stashed somewhere and he has another vehicle.

I agree. What are parents to do when strong-willed children are “smarter” than the parents and “know what’s best” for themselves?

As the mom of a very strong-willed teen, I can see how my daughter could do something like this. Seems as if the parents could pay for a newer car for her that was safer, and give her a generous allowance so maybe she wouldn’t have to work but I don’t see that preventing this from happening. It sucks big time for all of her family, but Naomi was honestly just doing what a lot of kids do at her age. Unfortunately, there’s so many ways now for predators to interact with and prey upon naive young adults that I’m not sure what the solution is.

She is 18, so considered an adult, and diplomatic protection would only cover her while she was living with her father. It won't follow her around, as Naomi is not the diplomat.

She probably didn't have a job in South Africa as she probably didn't need one.
So when she came to the US, she bought a cheap old car, lived with her brother, and picked up a local job to get her foot on the first rung of the ladder in her new life.

I believe her car was 30 years old. Also, according to the DM article she didn’t drive overseas? So a very new driver. And, maybe the passenger door was inoperable? Jmho

I wonder how she "moved over" into the passenger seat. Obviously she has bench seating, not bucket seats. But how did the kidnapper know that?

I wonder how she "moved over" into the passenger seat. Obviously she has bench seating, not bucket seats. But how did the kidnapper know that?

Unfortunately, some of these "people" take note of everything when choosing their victims.

I've had guys go up to my vehicle and start looking at everything in it as I was walking away from it. I've also had males stop right behind my car when pulling out of parking lots.

Nothing happened to me either time (thankfully); these are examples of what can happen.

JMVHO.

Gray just posted this

Casey Valley Sent Me this for a search on Saturday for Naomi Irion
For Saturday 3/26 10am

The location will be in the west parking lot behind Loves truck stop (825 Commerce Center Dr, Fernley, NV 89408) This will be the first of a few areas for concentrated search.

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES....

1. THIS WILL BE A ON FOOT SEARCH ONLY!!!

2. OPEN CARRY IS FINE BUT PLEASE NO RIFLES.

3. PLEASE NO ATV/UTV.

4. NO PETS!!

5. NO CHILDREN

***************NEEDS************
EMT/CPR volunteers with certs to be verified and medical bags.

Group leaders with military or SAR experience. 10? Maybe more.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxnJYXYds4Xe8bPqf_jv9D4aaE1TDn4aqc

I'm not sure if this is a LE area of interest to search but I get nervous with untrained folks doing foot searches and trampling over potential evidence because they're not trained to know what to look for (example: crime scene preservation). I know poor families are desperate and standing by idle feels unnatural. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReyes