NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison experts are stunned and angry that Jeffrey Epstein was taken off suicide watch

"For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances. You leave him on suicide watch until he’s out of there.”

BBM:

Then why am I not shocked?

Appalled, yes.

Surprised...Nah.

I do agree that someone(s) certainly made sure they took absolutely no chances here.

Someone(s) made sure his suicide was a stunning success. So there's that.

JMO.

Instead, Epstein was taken off suicide watch in the days before he took his own life, officials told NBC News, a decision that baffled former wardens and veterans of the federal prison system.

The conditions would have required him to be moved to a special bare-bones cell where he would be outfitted in a tear-resistant one-piece smock and receive stepped-up observation from a staffer or inmate posted outside, according to Lindsay and sources familiar with Epstein’s case.

But Epstein’s status was changed sometime in the last two weeks for reasons that remain unknown, officials told NBC News. The decision would normally have to have been authorized by the jail’s suicide prevention program coordinator, who is ordinarily the institution’s chief psychologist, and approved by the warden.

“Once an inmate has been placed on watch, the watch may not be terminated, under any circumstance, without the program coordinator or designee performing a face-to-face evaluation,” according to the federal Bureau of Prison official guidelines issued in 2007.
Prison experts are stunned and angry that Jeffrey Epstein was taken off suicide watch

Last edited:
He was meant to have made a attempt about 3 weeks ago so he should of been of 24/7 monitored watch. Then add in what he was in for it just doesn’t add up he could of has the opportunity to kill himself.

I know, he was in federal facility, too.

JMO
I'll wager that there were younger as well
. But, I agree, it is completely irrelevant. It's human trafficking!

If you've been around the block on Websleuths or follow true crime, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that some of these victims were far younger than 15-16.

I shudder to think of what the actual truth is. I don't think we will ever know.

I can draw conclusions from the cases I have followed here. If a child's own PARENT can sexually abuse an innocent, there are no boundaries what a predator can do to the same. No feelings involved; just self gratification at the expense of a child.

I hope with all of my heart this case will move forward. The reporting by Julie Brown@jkbjournalist has been groundbreaking. These victims, more surfacing each day, deserve to be heard.

The scums that sucked the oxygen from these children should be named- whether we want to hear it or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, he was a prime suicide candidate, which is why the decision to take him off suicide watch was so appalling.

The prison psychologist is going to have to answer some questions...

I don't think there's a chance in hello, dolly that the decisions here are going to have been made by the prison psychologist.

My guess is that the prison psychologist's recommendations were "inexplicably" overruled by someone higher up, or that individual was strong-armed or otherwise "encouraged' to change his/her recommendations re: suicide watch.

JMO.

I don't think anyone believes Epstein killed himself. Ask any man or woman on the street, no one believes it.

ETA: The procedures and systems used for a suicide watch are thorough and well tested. If a federal holding jail or prison doesn't want a prisoner to commit suicide, it will be nearly impossible for them to do it.
Exactly. A hit.

From what we've learned today, his death doesn't help anyone. This is why I think it really was suicide.
Oh, I totally disagree. Any day you eliminate the possibility of Epstein testifying in open court that you went to pedo island to have sex with underage girls and he knows you did because he flew you there on his plane and watched you do it, is a good day for you.

The British press are focusing on Prince Andrew’s link to him on the front pages of tomorrow’s newspapers. The royals will not be happy about this. Prince Andrew must bitterly regret being associated with him and posing for that photo and the Duchess of York must regret taking his money . However there is no suggestion the Prince has done anything unlawful.
What did she take money for?

Powerful people wanted him to die, but powerful people are also pushing for the truth.
Snipped.

I believe the first part of the sentence but as of today, I'm questioning the second part.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this case pushes me to it (like other WSers have posted too). I think JE's death is very convenient and I doubt there will be a continued push for the truth. The tangled mess that we were working on understanding will remain a tangled mess.

Hope I'm wrong and that all the crimes will be investigated and prosecuted. I've always thought the crimes against the girls were a small part of this scheme - the real crimes were about money. And I don't think those financial crimes will ever be addressed.

I'm feeling cynical, frustrated, disappointed....but not particularly surprised.

jmo

edited to add: I should clarify that I don't think the crimes against the girls were "small." They were victims and deserve justice. I mean that I think the crimes are MORE than just the crimes against the girls.

Last edited:
Oh, I totally disagree. Any day you eliminate the possibility of Epstein testifying in open court that you went to pedo island to have sex with underage girls and he knows you did because he flew you there on his plane and watched you do it, is a good day for you.

They don't need him to say it. They have the flight records and witnesses.

I don't think there's a chance in hello, dolly that the decisions here are going to have been made by the prison psychologist.

My guess is that the prison psychologist's recommendations were "inexplicably" overruled by someone higher up, or that individual was strong-armed or otherwise "encouraged' to change his/her recommendations re: suicide watch.

JMO.

This person is going to have to explain everything.

If they were overruled, we will find out who did that.

Questions for the chief psychologist:

Why did you make this decision?

Were you pressured in any way?

Does this follow a pattern of previous decisions in similar cases (anything unusual here).

I don't know but it sounds sinister as hell. The PA connection has been doing the rounds for years. If it is true and can be proven, there could be huge consequences for us in the UK. The "big story" in our media today is him possibly reconciling with Sarah...really! I'd like to know who is paying the media to distract from this, although it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to guess. The rich and powerful get away with far too much. Something has to change.

You're right. Reconciling with Sarah is a smokescreen the Palace uses to distract from Andrew's neverending scandals. Tbh, sometimes the press, especially the Daily Mail, attacks Meghan and Harry over minor transgressions, while glossing over Andrew's many crimes. Disgusting!

Does this follow a pattern of previous decisions in similar cases (anything unusual here).

I'm confident he or she has his/her talking points for all of the above questions already memorized.

JMO.

Snipped.

I believe the first part of the sentence but as of today, I'm questioning the second part.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this case pushes me to it (like other WSers have posted too). I think JE's death is very convenient and I doubt there will be a continued push for the truth. The tangled mess that we were working on understanding will remain a tangled mess.

Hope I'm wrong and that all the crimes will be investigated and prosecuted. I've always thought the crimes against the girls was really a small part of this scheme - the real crimes were about money. And I don't think those financial crimes will ever be addressed.

I'm feeling cynical, frustrated, disappointed....but not particularly surprised.

jmo

I’m encouraged.

The media has been all over this for years, and that’s not going to stop.

They will investigate this themselves and will not let this die.

It’s way too juicy a story, especially with all the big names involved.

There’s too many people who want answers here (not just the media), and there’s no way in hell to stop this ball from rolling.

I don’t share the pessimism that is being felt by many.

I think the Warden would have to approve the post-watch report by the chief psych.

I feel confident he or she has his/her talking points for all of the above questions already memorized.

JMO.

There are records of everything, and plenty of people who can shed light on all of this.

Talking points are one thing, but there is a paper trail.

You know the saying “three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead?”

How does that work for dozens of people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67