NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the importance of El Chapo, Manafort, and Epstein, you'd think the Feds would have had top-notch security there and not overworked exhausted guards.

How are we going to secure the US from really horrible international criminals if we can't guard them appropriately?

(mumbles something about appropriation of funds...)

They do.

Do you have a MSM link for the sock info? tia

(The most recent high-profile prisoner in the same place was El Chapo, whose stay overlapped some time with JE, iirc.)

I don't remember where I read this , so it could be a rumor, in which case I apologize as his cause of death has not been revealed. I did read this and if I find it I will post it as long as it's MSM,

again apologies for sharing possible rumors. mOO

Questions are being asked how Jeffrey Epstein died in custody in New York while being held on sex trafficking charges. So what is the detention facility like where he spent his final days?

Snip: Brooklyn College professor Jeanne Theoharis, who has written extensively about MCC, told the Gothamist website in June that the jail resembles conditions found in countries such as "Iran or Russia".

Calling the place a "gulag", she described conditions as "filthy, freezing, no natural light, isolation so extreme that you're punished for speaking through the walls, absurd rules like prisoners not getting to see the newspapers unless they're 30 days old, secrecy so deep that people are force-fed".

_108289425_gettyimages-1160676081.jpg

Epstein jail 'a gulag' in lower Manhattan

Officers didn't check on Epstein for 'several' hours before his death, person familiar with case says

Matt Zapotosky and Devlin Barrett, The Washington Post | on August 11, 2019

Corrections officers had not checked in on financier and registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein for "several" hours before he was found hanging in his cell Saturday, a person familiar with the matter said, just one in a series of missteps in the hours leading up to his death.
Officers should have been checking on Epstein, who was being held in a special housing unit of the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City, every 30 minutes, and, under normal circumstances, he also should have had a cellmate, according to the person familiar with the matter and union officials representing facility employees.
But a person who had been assigned to share a cell with Epstein was transferred on Friday, and - for reasons that investigators are still exploring - he did not receive a new one, the person familiar with the matter said Sunday night. That left Epstein, who had previously been placed on suicide watch, alone and unmonitored - at least in the hours before his death - by even those officers assigned to guard him.
The person familiar with the matter spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the investigation.

Would a thirty minute check have made any difference?

You know how cameras are...sometimes they don't work properly... ;)

yeah, something tells me..that's gonna be the story. I'm jaded. Unless we are shown security footage of NO one entering or exiting before or asfter his death, I'm gonna assume it was an assisted suicide. Somethings rotten in the State of Denmark.

Do you have a MSM link for the sock info? tia

(The most recent high-profile prisoner in the same place was El Chapo, whose stay overlapped some time with JE, iirc.)
**Posting this link to deter rumors.
Snip: Under suicide watch, Deniz Sahagun was only allowed to wear a smock and had a guard watching him 24 hours. By the next morning, his third day at Eloy, the psychologist wrote that Deniz Sahagun seemed to be doing better, so he downgraded his level of supervision. He was given his clothes back, remained in solitary but with a guard checking on him every 15 minutes. That's the day Jose de Jesus Deniz Sahagun died, May 20, 2015. He died by asphyxiation. The autopsy later discovered he had stuffed a sock down his throat.
Immigrant's Suicide Raises Questions About Safety Of Detention Centers

There’s no surveillance video of the incident during which Jeffrey Epstein apparently hanged himself in a federal lockup in Lower Manhattan, law-enforcement officials told The Post on Sunday.

Although there are cameras in the 9 South wingwhere the convicted pedophile was being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, they are trained on the areas outside the cells and not inside, according to sources familiar with the setup there.

Pols who attended Sunday’s annual Dominican Day Parade in Manhattan demanded answers to the many questions surrounding Epstein’s Saturday morning death, which is being investigated by the FBI and the Justice Department.

“Something doesn’t smell right – and it’s not his dead body,” Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams

https://nypost.com/2019/08/11/theres-no-video-of-jeffrey-epsteins-apparent-suicide-sources/

There are no cameras in most cells most times. They aren't large, and he was in what was basically called "the hole". You eat, toilet, and shower, in the same room. It is the only place a prisoner has any type of privacy. Maybe Epstein didn't want another celly. Maybe they thought he was fine. Also, it would not be out of the realm of possibility to kill yourself in less than 30 minutes. I wanted him alive, but he is no different than any other prisoner and got no better or worse treatment, is my guess. They are understaffed and MCC is a pit, and Special Housing, is even worse. I'd probably kill myself too, and if I had the money to do so, get help from the outside to facilitate it.

Special Housing Units (SHUs), also known as “the hole,” are how the Federal Bureau of Prison segregates prisoners.

There are three categories of prisoners who are housed in the SHU:

1. Those in disciplinary segregation as a result of a formal disciplinary finding
  2. Those on administrative detention pending transfer or investigation of a disciplinary infraction
  3. Those in protective custody
Regardless of the status, all three groups receive basically the same treatment.
The SHU basically consists of a jail within a prison. In most federal prisons this means a secured, separate area of the prison where there are a few halls housing one-, two-, and three-man cells. Within these rows of dark and dingy cells are prisoners. Most such cells consist of a bunk bed, maybe a desk, a toilet/sink combo, a frosted window (so the occupants can’t see out of it), and perhaps a shower.

This truly is the lowest existence possible in federal prison.

Prison Life In America: Special Housing Units (SHUs)

**Posting this link to deter rumors.
Snip: Under suicide watch, Deniz Sahagun was only allowed to wear a smock and had a guard watching him 24 hours. By the next morning, his third day at Eloy, the psychologist wrote that Deniz Sahagun seemed to be doing better, so he downgraded his level of supervision. He was given his clothes back, remained in solitary but with a guard checking on him every 15 minutes. That's the day Jose de Jesus Deniz Sahagun died, May 20, 2015. He died by asphyxiation. The autopsy later discovered he had stuffed a sock down his throat.
Immigrant's Suicide Raises Questions About Safety Of Detention Centers
Thanks - just to be clear. This is NOT about JE or about this case specifically, but an example of another jailhouse suicide.

jmo

Usually a victim of hanging has a purple face from blood flow being cut off. I did not see that in the photos posted. What if he really isn't dead?
Ok, so I guess he IS dead, but i don't believe from hanging.

Last edited:
There are no cameras in most cells most times. They aren't large, and he was in what was basically called "the hole". You eat, toilet, and shower, in the same room. It is the only place a prisoner has any type of privacy. Maybe Epstein didn't want another celly. Maybe they thought he was fine. Also, it would not be out of the realm of possibility to kill yourself in less than 30 minutes. I wanted him alive, but he is no different than any other prisoner and got no better or worse treatment, is my guess. They are understaffed and MCC is a pit, and Special Housing, is even worse. I'd probably kill myself too, and if I had the money to do so, get help from the outside to facilitate it.

Special Housing Units (SHUs), also known as “the hole,” are how the Federal Bureau of Prison segregates prisoners.

He did have a cellmate, who apparently left for some reason and didn't return.

Regarding the horrible conditions, I can understand the lure of suicide over those awful conditions....if there were no hope for relief. There was some hope for him. He spent 12 hours a day with lawyers, which I am assuming was not spent in is cell. He had the possibility of a not-guilty verdict (not likely, but some hope). If/when convicted, he had a chance of better conditions than MCC Special Unit - and with his money, he could buy luxuries and fight for an appeal.

Sounds like a long battle, but there was some hope. I recall Castro in Ohio (the perp who kept the three women captive for years). He killed himself, but only after his sentencing. I don't stats, but I would assume suicide is more common after a guilty verdict and sentencing than before.

I accept suicide....but I also accept the idea that something fishy happened beyond ineptitude/overwork of the guards who didn't check on him as often as they should have.

I'm on the fence, but my hinky meter is blinking and beeping on the "fishy" indicator.

jmo

Usually a victim of hanging has a purple face from blood flow being cut off. I did not see that in the photos posted. What if he really isn't dead?
FWIW, he looked the right coloring of a deceased person to me. And it looked like him. I found it strange the photos were posted at all, but I do think he is dead.

jmo

Recent security lapses with high-profile MCC inmates:
1) Reza Zarrab: The man behind the biggest money laundering scheme to Iran in U.S. history testified that another inmate pulled a knife on him in MCC because he was cooperating
Turkish Gold Trader’s Dramatic Testimony Ends With Assassination Tale
2) Victor Casado: Zarrab, who implicated Turkish President Erdogan in the scheme, bribed MCC guard Casado for contraband. Casado ultimately pleaded guilty to corruption.
US Prison Guard Tied to Iran-Sanctions Witness Facing Bribery Charges
3) Joshua Schulte: Accused of the WikiLeaks "Vault 7" leaks of CIA files, Schulte somehow managed to allegedly spill new information from his MCC cell via multiple contraband cellphones – including at least one heavily encrypted device.
Feds Say Suspected CIA WikiLeaker Spilled New Files From Prison

He did have a cellmate, who apparently left for some reason and didn't return.

Regarding the horrible conditions, I can understand the lure of suicide over those awful conditions....if there were no hope for relief. There was some hope for him. He spent 12 hours a day with lawyers, which I am assuming was not spent in is cell. He had the possibility of a not-guilty verdict (not likely, but some hope). If/when convicted, he had a chance of better conditions than MCC Special Unit - and with his money, he could buy luxuries and fight for an appeal.

Sounds like a long battle, but there was some hope. I recall Castro in Ohio (the perp who kept the three women captive for years). He killed himself, but only after his sentencing. I don't stats, but I would assume suicide is more common after a guilty verdict and sentencing than before.

I accept suicide....but I also accept the idea that something fishy happened beyond ineptitude/overwork of the guards who didn't check on him as often as they should have.

I'm on the fence, but my hinky meter is blinking and beeping on the "fishy" indicator.

jmo

They transfers cellmates all the time at the drop of a hat. Give them a few minutes to gather their belongings and ship them out. He could have been moved to a different facility, his time in "special housing" may have been up, he may have had to face charges in another part of the state and was shipped to another prison that was closer, or they just transferred him because he managed to get transferred to a better facility somehow.

Epstein was taken off of suicide watch on July 29 and he was pronounced dead at 6:30 a.m. on August 10th. When did his cellmate leave? That's not a large window of time. There are three reasons to get placed in Special Housing. They can't just yank any prisoner out of the regular housing, and stick them in Special Housing, with Epstein just because they want him to have a cellmate. SHU is not something you put a prisoner in for just that reason. They also can't put one in there that may not be compatible with him, either (it's reported Epstein feared his former cellmate so that may be one reason his cellmate was shipped out).

The SHU basically consists of a jail within a prison. In most federal prisons this means a secured, separate area of the prison where there are a few halls housing one-, two-, and three-man cells. Within these rows of dark and dingy cells are prisoners. Most such cells consist of a bunk bed, maybe a desk, a toilet/sink combo, a frosted window (so the occupants can’t see out of it), and perhaps a shower.

This truly is the lowest existence possible in federal prison.

FWIW, he looked the right coloring of a deceased person to me. And it looked like him. I found it strange the photos were posted at all, but I do think he is dead.

jmo

I think he is dead too. In my opinion, the reason the pictures were posted is to show he was really dead.
Whoever wanted him dead could see the evidence. Because it was posted on MSM there is no trace they were involved.Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper