GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone was using a saw in a Manhattan luxury apartment and nobody heard anything?

That wouldn’t be unusual. My next-door neighbor is updating her kitchen and I’ve heard all sorts of drilling and banging through our shared wall. She doesn’t complain about my noisy kids, I’m not complaining about her renovation noise. It was quieter when we were in Phase 1, but things are poppin’ again.

JME

I wonder if the killer had knowledge of the victim's schedule.....appointments, zoom conferences, visitors, what have you. Since he was in the apartment for many hours (was it 24, can't remember), kind of risky in case Mr. Saleb was expected somewhere, or online.
The sister's arrival was a fluke, not expected.

I've heard saws in my non-luxury building and thought, "They're installing cabinets." My mind does not think American Psycho first. But maybe it should!
lol - this really is like a scene out of american psycho. i'm in shock this could even happen with the amount of security/CCTV/witnesses you think would be around in a city like NY. its so surreal.

Also, it it was a hit, why follow him to his apartment? The chance of leaving behind witnesses as well as being caught on CCTV are astronomically high that way. Why not to just follow him at night, ambush him and then kill him? He was murdered at the most obvious location with the highest potential for the killer to leave clues behind. It's an apartment. It's a small space and the perfect place to fail hiding evidence in such a horrific crime.
I'm more inclined to believe something happened in the moment and the man who followed Fahim to the elevator attacked him.

It sounds like the intent was more than to quickly murder him but to torture him as well. Also it seems like once you're in the apartment you're in the catbird seat as it's controlled access while also offering an alternate means of escape. Any non-criminal element trying to get in would give notification - like how his sister did - allowing to escape via the stairs. Once you're inside someone's place that can give you a lot of time, like how Ingrid Lyne was dismembered by her internet date and he had time to hide the body parts in trash cans, which this person sounds like they left less of a trace than Lyne's date. If you want to do what it sounds like this person wanted to do, you'd either have to get them to your place or you get into their place as other than that you're going to have a hard time dragging some unconscious person around publicly on the street into your car without tons of LE showing up.

2.2 million dollar apartments are rare in my city (though they do exist). My guess is that such buildings here routinely include security, cameras, desk staff and recorded entries.

But..... 2.2 million dollar apartments in Manhattan, and equivalent parts of Los Angeles, San Francisco etc. may not be tony enough to automatically include all the bells and whistles. Rather, the bells and whistles may start at an even higher level?
$2.5 million for what is probably a one-bedroom condo where he lives alone is tony enough for security cams, a desk man, and special coded entry. It's a new building around the corner from NYU campus and on the main drag connecting both sides of Manhattan. If it's got an elevator that drops you off inside your own apartment, you have coded/keyed access to that floor, which is very swank. To me, the killer already knew this. They knew they had to ride the elevator with him. So they already scoped the place out. The lift won't go there without special access. All he needs to do is get inside the building (possibly under the pretenses of viewing an empty apartment?) and wait. The waiting is risky because it invites questions and risk. So maybe the killer followed him inside the building. Not many people are willing to slam a door on someone following in behind them. A well-dressed man carrying something may have prompted the victim to give the killer access to the building thinking he was another resident. Perhaps once in the elevator, the victim used his access and expected the killer to swipe/use a key to go to his own floor, and then when he didn't, the awkward exchange in the elevator was likely, "Which floor are you going to?" "Yours."

If this is a professional hit that explains the smooth entry, attack, and escape. If this person spent all night in the apartment with the victim, surely there would be evidence of their stay unless they were extremely careful with what they did (bathroom, food). Or did they leave and come back using the victim's access? If they stayed overnight, that means they brought food with them or ate from his kitchen. It's extremely doubtful a serial killer targeted an entrepreneur and decided his best opportunity to get him was in his own home in a high-security building with cameras and a desk man?

Professional hit.

From NY Daily News:

Techie dismembered in NYC apartment created app used by N.J. jail honcho in illegal wiretapping case

The tech bro found sliced into pieces in his $2.25 million Lower East Side condo made a name for himself by creating a prank phone call app that led to the downfall of a Hudson County, N.J. jail honcho.

Fahim Saleh’s app, PrankDial, allowed a user to set up a call between two other people and then secretly listen in.

Kirk Eady, the former deputy director of Hudson County Correctional Facility, was sentenced to 21 months in prison in Sept. 2015 for “illegally wiretapping” employees critical of his job performance. Eady has an ongoing lawsuit against Saleh and others for misleading him about the legality of the app, which he used to secretly monitor his critics.

Saleh wrote in a 2018 Medium post that PrankDial began as a passion project inspired by his love of prank calls when he was young.

PrankDial relied on users not to make calls to 11 states where the app’s service was illegal. The app was an instant hit and generated up to $2 million annually, he wrote.
The app was no laughing matter for Eady. The former jail official used PrankDial’s “evil operator” function to monitor communications between Hudson County jail union officials and the operator of a website critical of jail management.

“Eady used Evil Operator to initiate calls between them and secretly record the resulting conversations. Eady then retaliated against the union members by changing their work schedules, placing anonymous calls to their spouses accusing them of infidelity, and registering one of them as a member of the Ku Klux Klan,” judges at the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in 2016, affirming Eady’s conviction.

Eady sued Saleh and other corporate defendants last year, claiming PrankDial misled him about its legality. The suit noted that Eady lost his job and pension. He sought damages no less than $10 million.

Efforts to reach Eady were unsuccessful. A call to his attorney was not returned. A call to the chief operating officer of PrankDial was not returned.

Also, it it was a hit, why follow him to his apartment? The chance of leaving behind witnesses as well as being caught on CCTV are astronomically high that way. Why not to just follow him at night, ambush him and then kill him? He was murdered at the most obvious location with the highest potential for the killer to leave clues behind. It's an apartment. It's a small space and the perfect place to fail hiding evidence in such a horrific crime.
I'm more inclined to believe something happened in the moment and the man who followed Fahim to the elevator attacked him.
He brought an electric saw in a bag. This was planned.

In this article it says his neighbours heard screams, which prompted his sister to try and contact him.

One of Saleh's friends told NBC that: "One of the neighbors heard screaming and very loud noises when this happened. I don't know why the neighbors didn't call the cops."

Who are Fahim Saleh’s sisters, Rif Saleh and Ruby Bashir, and which sister found him ‘decapitated’?

also here;
Body of Fahim Saleh found dismembered in multi-million dollar condo in New York City
NYPD is not everyone's best friend right now. People also "don't want trouble." It's a lot less common to just call the cops nowadays because you heard a scream or a pounding sound. I've heard all kinds of nonsense shouting and banging above me, and it's just a man playing a video game.

Here's new info from the NY Times (bullet to the back of the head), which they too are saying it was a professional hit related to business per LE:
The killer, dressed entirely in black and wearing a black mask, followed the young technology entrepreneur from the elevator of his luxury condo building into his apartment.

Then he fired a single bullet that hit the entrepreneur, Fahim Saleh, in the back of the head...

The official who spoke on Wednesday said that the killing “looks like a professional job,” referring to it as a “hit.” A Police Department spokesman said he could not comment on a possible motive or whether any suspects had been identified...

The law enforcement official said that investigators were exploring on Wednesday whether Mr. Saleh’s killing might be related to his business, noting the indications that his company had been hurting.

Tech C.E.O.’s Dismemberment ‘Looks Like a Professional Job’

Here's new info from the NY Times (bullet to the back of the head), which they too are saying it was a professional hit related to business per LE:
The killer, dressed entirely in black and wearing a black mask, followed the young technology entrepreneur from the elevator of his luxury condo building into his apartment.

Then he fired a single bullet that hit the entrepreneur, Fahim Saleh, in the back of the head...

The official who spoke on Wednesday said that the killing “looks like a professional job,” referring to it as a “hit.” A Police Department spokesman said he could not comment on a possible motive or whether any suspects had been identified...

The law enforcement official said that investigators were exploring on Wednesday whether Mr. Saleh’s killing might be related to his business, noting the indications that his company had been hurting.

Tech C.E.O.’s Dismemberment ‘Looks Like a Professional Job’
so when did Fahim get the chance to scream? a bullet in the back of the head would have killed him instantly no?

$2.5 million for what is probably a one-bedroom condo where he lives alone is tony enough for security cams, a desk man, and special coded entry. It's a new building around the corner from NYU campus and on the main drag connecting both sides of Manhattan. If it's got an elevator that drops you off inside your own apartment, you have coded/keyed access to that floor, which is very swank. To me, the killer already knew this. They knew they had to ride the elevator with him. So they already scoped the place out. The lift won't go there without special access. All he needs to do is get inside the building (possibly under the pretenses of viewing an empty apartment?) and wait. The waiting is risky because it invites questions and risk. So maybe the killer followed him inside the building. Not many people are willing to slam a door on someone following in behind them. A well-dressed man carrying something may have prompted the victim to give the killer access to the building thinking he was another resident. Perhaps once in the elevator, the victim used his access and expected the killer to swipe/use a key to go to his own floor, and then when he didn't, the awkward exchange in the elevator was likely, "Which floor are you going to?" "Yours."

If this is a professional hit that explains the smooth entry, attack, and escape. If this person spent all night in the apartment with the victim, surely there would be evidence of their stay unless they were extremely careful with what they did (bathroom, food). Or did they leave and come back using the victim's access? If they stayed overnight, that means they brought food with them or ate from his kitchen. It's extremely doubtful a serial killer targeted an entrepreneur and decided his best opportunity to get him was in his own home in a high-security building with cameras and a desk man?

Professional hit.

I don't remember the exact article but at least one article talked about how some of the body parts may have already been disposed of outside of the building where apparently the killer was in the process of making it look like Saleh hadn't been there.

I wonder if the killer had knowledge of the victim's schedule.....appointments, zoom conferences, visitors, what have you. Since he was in the apartment for many hours (was it 24, can't remember), kind of risky in case Mr. Saleb was expected somewhere, or online.
The sister's arrival was a fluke, not expected.
The victim's schedule is so important here. The killer brought a saw, knew you had to get into the building/apartment with special access, and knew when the victim would be returning home for him to make his move. He had information to work with.

so when did Fahim get the chance to scream? a bullet in the back of the head would have killed him instantly no?

Yes, I'm very curious about that as it's widely reported in MSM that the neighbors who heard the screams and loud noises called the sister but at the same time it's the NY Times saying he was shot in the back of the head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back