NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so, we have the doctor giving SG's mom a call explaining about taking her to rehab or whatever.

So, exactly where did the doctor get the mom's phone number?

If it was from the cellphone then, hmmm..., how did SG's phone get into the muck after she got lost in it?

The picture that the press is painting is of SG, her clothes, pocketbook, cellphone and her belongings all going in at the same time. But that can't be possible for the doc to get SG's mom's number.

I tell you, I'm not on the doc. IMO, I don't think he has the brains for this decades long SK stuff.

But I do wonder about the phone...

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to accept that it's entirely possible that SG drowned trying to get away from whoever was chasing after her.

I put this theory forward several months ago and a certain poster pretty much ripped me apart for merely mentioning the possibility.

I remember that discussion and it has been strengthened by the latest developments.
I cannot imagine that SG's family would rather her "possible" (and I mean "possible" in that they have not found and DNA matched any remains) death to be caused by a SK rather than drowning. It would be a relief for me to know a family member died by accident rather than cold blooded murder.
I hope if they do find SG not alive, that it was a tragic accident.

Okay, so, we have the doctor giving SG's mom a call explaining about taking her to rehab or whatever.

So, exactly where did the doctor get the mom's phone number?

If it was from the cellphone then, hmmm..., how did SG's phone get into the muck after she got lost in it?

The picture that the press is painting is of SG, her clothes, pocketbook, cellphone and her belongings all going in at the same time. But that can't be possible for the doc to get SG's mom's number.

I tell you, I'm not on the doc. IMO, I don't think he has the brains for this decades long SK stuff.

But I do wonder about the phone...

I thought I read somewhere they he called because MP and her boyfriend asked him to.

I thought I read somewhere they he called because MP and her boyfriend asked him to.

He did say that, but I don't recall ever reading that Alex or MP corroborated that. I wish the ones who interviewed them had asked them that, (unless it is something they are not allowed to reveal?)

<modsnip>

this is riduculous
you have got to be kidding.

THIS is what they come up with??????

they searched that area in ??? august? 2010?
with tons of cops
helicopters
and dogs

and NOW they bring a damn marsh..land.....
excavating kind of tank truck?
and all they come up with are her freeking SHOES?
open toed sandles?
give me a (duhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm) sandwich to swallow.

her jeans?
how did she get OUT of her jeans - splain please

I heard they found a purse and jeans, but not shoes. Where did you hear that?

Also, how do you know they were open-toes shoes? Can you please post a link for that as well? Thanks.

As always, the majority of posters in this thread are doing a very nice job of respectfully discussing the different theories and following the news as it is breaking.

May I please ask though, when you see an offending post, please ALERT it so that the mods may review it. We would very much appreciate your help in this matter.

THANKS!

Salem

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to accept that it's entirely possible that SG drowned trying to get away from whoever was chasing after her.

I put this theory forward several months ago and a certain poster pretty much ripped me apart for merely mentioning the possibility.

Exactly. People in this situation try too hard to beat a square peg into a round hole. Its better to be objective and not rule any of the possibilities out when there is so little to go on. Not too mention the fact that every time there is a press release there is 5 different versions floating around.

I haven't seen one report where the police said they know for a fact that every piece of clothing found was hers. I see a lot of "could be hers" but its not beyond the realm of possibility that clothing strewn along the highway could wash into that basin.

That said, it does seem very strange if it all happened by accident and her pants ended up somewhere else. Pocket book? who knows what could have happened to distance it from the body. Maybe she dropped it? The distance does seem very strange.

I think the point about hypothermia setting in is a good point. Another thing that could compound lack of energy combined with hypo. and thick mud is coming down off coke while still drunk and just being exhausted from from running and fear. I've seen drunk people literally fall asleep with-in seconds of puking.

Coke can easily mask how drunk someone is and when the person starts to crash after hours of partying the drunkness + exhaustion come back.

Respectfully WI1987 ... given they haven't found any human remains that we know of, let alone in proximity to the personal items that have been located, how would you explain that in your theory?

I didn't hear that. I thought the doc made the call the next day.

Who knows. I don't know what to believe anymore.

A purse on the other hand would not be too intresting for an animal. Maybe sniff, but not drag off. She could have thrown or dropped her purse during the "chase/panic". Shoes could have fallen off, maybe dragged off by an animal due to the human scent.

I could maybe see an animal take interest in a purse as nesting material.
Racoons like shiny things and can be nosy.

well, I look at it this way

if these are her things, then where is her body?

I can easily see how she could have tripped , fallen and died.

in her clothes, with her things.

now...

if you want me to believe that on top of being on the phone with police and pursued by MB and visiting various houses...being able to see houses, see the road, see everything in the morning light...that she became so disoriented and cold that she stripped her clothing and ran into a marsh...I don't know...that's a lot to chew...

because the place is a body farm.

well, I look at it this way

if these are her things, then where is her body?

I can easily see how she could have tripped , fallen and died.

in her clothes, with her things.

now...

if you want me to believe that on top of being on the phone with police and pursued by MB and visiting various houses...being able to see houses, see the road, see everything in the morning light...that she became so disoriented and cold that she stripped her clothing and ran into a marsh...I don't know...that's a lot to chew...

because the place is a body farm.

ITA minazoe. And ...

If these items DON'T belong to SG, then why would LE be postulating that she drowned or got stuck in the mud, or whatever theory they are suddenly putting out there?

I just can't understand how anyone could believe that SG is not related to the other murders. She is a prostitute from craigslist that called 911 claiming someone was trying to kill her...and DOWN THE ROAD there are 10 sets of remains of other prostitutes!!!!! She may have fell into the water and drown but please don't tell me it's not related...you would need to be a fool to believe that. I also did a google search and found an article that said a resident found SG's jacket on the road the morning she went missing. This whole thing smells funny.

I also find it interesting that all this information is coming out the week the A&E special aired. I work in the media and had noticed the case wasn't receiving much attention till last week out of nowhere it pops up. Watching the special it felt like the sister the SK called was coached what to say to get a reaction from the SK. I really think LE is playing a game right now and are making a strong push.

I think the SK just dumped her things there...

and Gilbert is elsewhere.

I don't know why I just said that...

but that"s what comes to me.

I heard they found a purse and jeans, but not shoes. Where did you hear that?

Also, how do you know they were open-toes shoes? Can you please post a link for that as well? Thanks.
Today's Newsday article says they found shoes. I found an old article that says she was wearing strappy black sandals when she disappeared.

I live on Long Island, and it's all over the news that it is believed that Shannan was not murdered. Either they know other things we don't or someone is jumping the gun. Just because it seems it may not be connected to the other murders does not mean she was not murdered.

I also wonder if le is putting it out there that they don't think the cases are related in order to give the killer a false sense of security in the hopes that he will make a mistake that may lead his downfall. I doubt it though. I'm thinking they really may think Shannan's disappearance is not related.

I think it's possible that Shannan was under the influence and walked right into the water to escape whomever she believed was going to kill her. Maybe she was more afraid of whomever she believed was chasing her than the water at that time. From what I recall she was intelligent and had goals, yet she did have a drug history and a history of mental illness.

But, I think it's also possible that she may have run into the actual serial killer as she fled a real or imagined threat even though she came to the island with someone who was not necessarily connected to the other ten killings. Or, maybe someone else killed her because the high dollar deal didn't go as planned.

To me it seems any of the above or something else might have happened. Even if they find some of her bones there may not be enough evidence to determine the cause and/or manner of death. Sadly, the family and all who care may never know.

One thing I find so special about Shannan that I will always keep in my heart is that her disappearance shed light on a horrific serial killer's graveyards. For that, I will be forever grateful. Thank you, little angel....wherever you may be.

I just can't understand how anyone could believe that SG is not related to the other murders. She is a prostitute from craigslist that called 911 claiming someone was trying to kill her...and DOWN THE ROAD there are 10 sets of remains of other prostitutes!!!!! She may have fell into the water and drown but please don't tell me it's not related...you would need to be a fool to believe that. I also did a google search and found an article that said a resident found SG's jacket on the road the morning she went missing. This whole thing smells funny.

I also find it interesting that all this information is coming out the week the A&E special aired. I work in the media and had noticed the case wasn't receiving much attention till last week out of nowhere it pops up. Watching the special it felt like the sister the SK called was coached what to say to get a reaction from the SK. I really think LE is playing a game right now and are making a strong push.
Nice to have the Iceman Cometh here. LOL

You said the sister of the SK? Hopefully it will be repeated so I can catch that part. Must have missed it.

I found the weather report as close to Gilgo Beach as I could find.
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

It states that sunrise on May 1 2010 was 0552 am.
I have been looking for the screen shot Truthspider did a while back of SG's cell phone records. I can&#8217;t find the darn thing. If memory serves me correct, she made her last call of 23 mins at 0450 am. So if that is correct. Her call would have ended at 0511. It should have been a clear night with some moon light. Seeing knee deep water in a marsh would still have been difficult due to grass cover. The temp at 04:53 was in the mid 50's with calm winds. Maybe colder and more windy due to the close proximity to the ocean. So the hypothermia theory is not too far fetched as far a temp and wind go. Locals would know more about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viceroy9101