OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the podcast Det Hurst mentioned the building being searched top to bottom. Also said scent dogs and cadaver dogs were used multiple times. He doesn't really go into specifics about who's dogs and how many exact times for each dog.

Yeah, he left a lot of questions unanswered. Not that I doubt he did his best. But maybe his best wasn't good enough in this instance. No one bats 1.000, no one. Maybe a second look, a fresh look, with the latest technology, is in order.

Yeah, he left a lot of questions unanswered. Not that I doubt he did his best. But maybe his best wasn't good enough in this instance. No one bats 1.000, no one. Maybe a second look, a fresh look, with the latest technology, is in order.

Guess depends on how you look at it, left a ton of questions unanswered to whom? During the podcast he's only answering questions asked to him. It would literally take hours to get every detail of all the questions asked on his site. That's why when he is being interviewed one has to chose their questions carefully. Look at all of the questions that we never had answers to for years that Det Hurst answered. It's all a matter of asking the right questions. Let's hope if someone ever gets a chance to ask questions again it will be ones that we are proposing on here and hopefully ones that he's allowed to give the answers to.

When you have cops with tunnel vision, it isn't surprising that cases don't get solved.

They searched every nook and cranny that they knew about.

They searched with cadaver dogs, but how many times and how soon? Too soon??? After backfilling had occurred??? After cement had been poured??? After heating and cooling systems had been installed???

THIS. x1000.

I could not agree more. Don’t just say “we looked everywhere” and expect me to buy that there is no chance he is anywhere in that building, especially when there was an active construction site that was probably changing rapidly day to day. A vague statement like that does nothing to rule anything out in my mind.

I want to know the details—all of the things that Ozoner and itsrak pointed out. Otherwise I will always wonder if “we looked everywhere” means “we looked in all the usual places.” Clearly, he isn’t in a usual place.

Some questions,

With regards to new technology, what specifically could they do to the former Ugly Tuna complex that they could not do in 2006? I think this question needs to be asked to the "Comeback" podcast staff? And also, could this get done before Detective Hurst's planned January 2019 retirement? That concerns me, because we don't know if his replacement is going to show the same kind of care and dedication to Brian's case as he has.

Satch

Some questions,

With regards to new technology, what specifically could they do to the former Ugly Tuna complex that they could not do in 2006? I think this question needs to be asked to the "Comeback" podcast staff? And also, could this get done before Detective Hurst's planned January 2019 retirement? That concerns me, because we don't know if his replacement is going to show the same kind of care and dedication to Brian's case as he has.

Satch

I don't doubt that Det. Hurst did his best. But fact is, this case went unsolved, and Brian went unfound. That is a poor result. Near as I can tell, they have no idea what happened to Brian. So a change may be a good thing.

Sightings as recent as that? Can’t wait to hear more !

Something else I recall from the Ohio Missing Dispatch, March 2015 write up featuring Brian’s case.... that Columbus PD would not release Brian’s police records to Don and Randy for some reason. I’ve always wondered what that was all about.

Yes and I am just waiting for the photographs of the sightings to be sent to me. I should have them within a couple of weeks.

Guess depends on how you look at it, left a ton of questions unanswered to whom? During the podcast he's only answering questions asked to him. It would literally take hours to get every detail of all the questions asked on his site. That's why when he is being interviewed one has to chose their questions carefully. Look at all of the questions that we never had answers to for years that Det Hurst answered. It's all a matter of asking the right questions. Let's hope if someone ever gets a chance to ask questions again it will be ones that we are proposing on here and hopefully ones that he's allowed to give the answers to.

Okay guys you can actually help me with this part. If you have any questions you would like asked to Sergeant Hurst or Don Corbett please message me or reply to this thread. I’m working on follow up calls with both and can always use help coming up with questions that will get us the answers we need. I will tell you we asked Sergeant Hurst many other questions that he couldn’t answer due to it being an open investigation.

That's awesome thank you!! Let me think about a couple of good ones I would like to suggest.

Okay guys you can actually help me with this part. If you have any questions you would like asked to Sergeant Hurst or Don Corbett please message me or reply to this thread. I’m working on follow up calls with both and can always use help coming up with questions that will get us the answers we need. I will tell you we asked Sergeant Hurst many other questions that he couldn’t answer due to it being an open investigation.

I do have a question but it's for you guys. Was Brian supposed to fly to meet Alexis (since she was out of town) then the both of them fly to Miami or was she coming back to meet Brian.

A question I posted earlier, was Clint at Brian’s apartment for six hours the day he went missing? If so, why? As in, was he in Brian’s apartment doing something? If so what?
Did LE treat Brians apartment as a crime scene and gather forensic evidence from there including from his computer?

Also, did they conduct forensic evidence on Clints car and apartment?
pp. TIA

ETA:; Clint and Brian weren’t roommates at that time were they?

I do have a question but it's for you guys. Was Brian supposed to fly to meet Alexis (since she was out of town) then the both of them fly to Miami or was she coming back to meet Brian.

It is my understanding Alexis was go to airport with Brian. It was reported that she went to the airport that Monday to see if he showed up to meet her.

A question I posted earlier, was Clint at Brian’s apartment for six hours the day he went missing? If so, why? As in, was he in Brian’s apartment doing something? If so what?
Did LE treat Brians apartment as a crime scene and gather forensic evidence from there including from his computer?

Also, did they conduct forensic evidence on Clints car and apartment?
pp. TIA

ETA:; Clint and Brian weren’t roommates at that time were they?

Okay I’ll answer what I can now....

Clint and Brian were not roommates at the time.

We did ask Sergeant Hurst about Brian’s apartment and he stated he couldn’t say much about what was done at Brian’s apartment but a crime team was brought in.

It was reported to us that they went through Brian’s computer and His brother Derek is now in possession of it.

Now the answer I have been procrastinating answering. Lol. From what I understand Clint was not at Brian’s apartment on Saturday. According to Meredith’s statement she drove Clint the next morning to Brian’s apartment to pick up his car. They did not go to the door. Randy was an awesome advocate for Brian and the missing in general. He got Brian’s name out there and kept it out there. Surprisingly Randy controlled the story being spun as well. What I mean by that is the family dynamic and Brian were not completely factual. Anytime I ask this question about Clint being at Brian’s I get the same answer, I’m not aware that he was but Randy said he was. It seems a lot of things were based on Randy’s feeling and reported on a lot of sites as factual. I know the person that gave the information to the magazine that reported it, and the information was given off of what Randy told them. I have no confirmation Clint was there until Sunday.

I would really like to hear details of the search inside ugly tuna. I know it has been said that they “searched everywhere,” but I’d like details. Hearing “we looked everywhere” doesn’t really help me rule it out. See all of the questions that itsrak posted about this a few posts back on the previous page. I would add did they check within the building’s duct work, and did they take the dogs up to the roof?

I left Brian's thread and the next thread I opened was this story: Body found inside wall of washroom at Calgary mall:police are investigating after the body of a man was discovered inside a wall in a public washroom at a mall in downtown Calgary on Monday. The discovery was made about 9:30 a.m. in the fourth floor washroom at the Core shopping centre at Seventh Avenue and Third Street S.W., police said. Calgary police spokesperson Emma Poole said a maintenance worker was called in the morning to fix a toilet that wouldn't flush in the women's washroom."Despite the circumstances of where the body was located, investigators do not suspect foul play and the death remains classified as undetermined," police said in a release. Poole said it's possible someone crawling through a vent or duct fell from above and got stuck in the wall. "That would be the most logical at this point … that it was from above," she said. "So that is obviously something they would be looking at is someone crawling through the ventilation system."

I left Brian's thread and the next thread I opened was this story: Body found inside wall of washroom at Calgary mall:police are investigating after the body of a man was discovered inside a wall in a public washroom at a mall in downtown Calgary on Monday. The discovery was made about 9:30 a.m. in the fourth floor washroom at the Core shopping centre at Seventh Avenue and Third Street S.W., police said. Calgary police spokesperson Emma Poole said a maintenance worker was called in the morning to fix a toilet that wouldn't flush in the women's washroom."Despite the circumstances of where the body was located, investigators do not suspect foul play and the death remains classified as undetermined," police said in a release. Poole said it's possible someone crawling through a vent or duct fell from above and got stuck in the wall. "That would be the most logical at this point … that it was from above," she said. "So that is obviously something they would be looking at is someone crawling through the ventilation system."

I saw that too, really bizarre what some people will do. SMH

Okay I’ll answer what I can now....

Clint and Brian were not roommates at the time.

We did ask Sergeant Hurst about Brian’s apartment and he stated he couldn’t say much about what was done at Brian’s apartment but a crime team was brought in.

It was reported to us that they went through Brian’s computer and His brother Derek is now in possession of it.

Now the answer I have been procrastinating answering. Lol. From what I understand Clint was not at Brian’s apartment on Saturday. According to Meredith’s statement she drove Clint the next morning to Brian’s apartment to pick up his car. They did not go to the door. Randy was an awesome advocate for Brian and the missing in general. He got Brian’s name out there and kept it out there. Surprisingly Randy controlled the story being spun as well. What I mean by that is the family dynamic and Brian were not completely factual. Anytime I ask this question about Clint being at Brian’s I get the same answer, I’m not aware that he was but Randy said he was. It seems a lot of things were based on Randy’s feeling and reported on a lot of sites as factual. I know the person that gave the information to the magazine that reported it, and the information was given off of what Randy told them. I have no confirmation Clint was there until Sunday.

Thank you, L4B, I wonder where the six hours came from, as it’s so specific.

So according to Clint he just went there to pick up his car, but didn’t check to see if Brian was home or if he was ok or anything, knowing he had disappeared the night before and he hadn’t been able to reach him by phone. If this is true he appears he wasn’t the least bit concerned.

Are you able to say whether anything of interest was discovered on Brian’s computer? TIA

Had been thinking of Brian's case when that news came out, this is the thread..
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ide-wall-of-washroom-at-Calgary-shopping-mall
[h=2]Body found inside wall of washroom at Calgary shopping mall[/h]Also thought of this other recent peculiar incident involving a garbage chute!
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...is-suspicious-Toronto&highlight=garbage+chute
[h=2]Death of man who fell down garbage chute is 'suspicious, Toronto.[/h]

Thank you, L4B, I wonder where the six hours came from, as it’s so specific.

So according to Clint he just went there to pick up his car, but didn’t check to see if Brian was home or if he was ok or anything, knowing he had disappeared the night before and he hadn’t been able to reach him by phone. If this is true he appears he wasn’t the least bit concerned.

Are you able to say whether anything of interest was discovered on Brian’s computer? TIA

I know exactly what you mean. It is very specific. The best I can say is that everyone that heard it was told by Randy. Actually the whole immunity deal talk was told by Randy as well. Sergeant Hurst debunked that one so I will see if he will comment about the 6 hours. And the words were actually notClint’s about picking up his car. They were Meredith’s words from her statement. I do not have Clint’s Statement. I will say that everyone that we have spoke to has said wonderful things about Meredith and how they believe she is truthful and she has always been very cooperative. As far as Brian’s apartment and computer he wouldn’t speak a whole lot on that but I will try again. I would love to have the computer investigated again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes