Found Safe OH - Katarina Bitterman, 17, Parma, 4 March 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for this information. I do not believe it is random that they are searching this area. IMO LE has a reason to think she might be there. I'm hoping it's not a really sad one.

It is a "ruling out", as quoted by Parma Police Captain Kevin Riley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this information. I do not believe it is random that they are searching this area. IMO LE has a reason to think she might be there. I'm hoping it's not a really sad one.

Agree, otherwise, why use so many resources scouring one area right away, to the elimination of any others.

ETA: Is the civilian search going to be of that same area, i.e., the park area? do you know, Ohiocases?

Managed to confirm the intersection where Katarina's scent was lost, as well as make a couple of case maps of my own including a couple landmarks. In the first one, the West Creek Reservation is generally outlined in red, which is the area currently being searched. The light blue indicates the Bitterman house. The orange outline is the high school campus. In the second one, I've outlined the intersection where the scent was lost in green, as well as dot out her walking route in blue. Her home is pinned.
e0b26aaecab1dd803542c3df87a7b6f8.jpg
e77a8cbc1d6608fef9044422c93d9205.jpg

Agree, otherwise, why use so many resources scouring one area right away, to the elimination of any others.

It's not like it's some random and nearby park. It's literally right in her backyard. There's a 100ft cliff leading into it. I think it's a pretty obvious place to start.

Managed to confirm the intersection where Katarina's scent was lost, as well as make a couple of case maps of my own including a couple landmarks. In the first one, the West Creek Reservation is generally outlined in red, which is the area currently being searched. The light blue indicates the Bitterman house. The orange outline is the high school campus. In the second one, I've outlined the intersection where the scent was lost in green, as well as dot out her walking route in blue. Her home is pinned.

Wow, so her scent was lost at the second intersection with Edgecliff. Interesting.

It's not like it's some random and nearby park. It's literally right in her backyard. There's a 100ft cliff leading into it. I think it's a pretty obvious place to start.

no need to be rude about what is obvious to you. I was not curious about why the search began there. Had you read all the posts and the context in which I replied, you'd probably see that.

It was a project for a cosmetology competition. They had to create designs they could make out of hair (weird objects, animals, etc), and a look for hair, makeup, and nails. The competition was this past monday after she went missing.

Hm. Thank you.. Im glad i asked...

I'm catching up, but considering how cold it was, I hope this wasn't a Castro type situation where some friend's dad or other person known to the family offered her a ride and things went horribly wrong :(

Would she have taken her dogs if she was planning on going into the woods ? For all we know she could have gone back to the house after she was seen at 2 30pm. Maybe she didn't put the dogs outside. Wonder if any neighbors have video cams ?

You know that's an excellent point. Who knows if and when she could have gone back home....

no need to be rude about what is obvious to you. I was not curious about why the search began there. Had you read all the posts and the context in which I replied, you'd probably see that.

Lol sorry if that came off as rude. I just don't want anyone thinking LE is mismanaging their resources by searching this park today. I think it's beyond obvious to check the massive wooded area in her backyard first. I think they should have done it sooner.

Excellent maps. Do we know where the person lives who believed he saw her walking past ? Also, she lives very close to the high school ? I would like to know if this is the first time her parents went out of town and K. stayed in the house alone ? Again , who would have known she was by herself in the house ?

Excellent maps. Do we know where the person lives who believed he saw her walking past ? Also, she lives very close to the high school ? I would like to know if this is the first time her parents went out of town and K. stayed in the house alone ? Again , who would have known she was by herself in the house ?

Did she walk to or from school on a regular basis? I'm wondering if someone nearby has been watching her

I just checked Accuweather for Parma on 3/4...the high temperature was -2 degrees ??? I find it very unlikely that she would walk a mile in each direction to buy snacks. Could she have been going to a friend's house nearby ? A BF ?

It was a project for a cosmetology competition. They had to create designs they could make out of hair (weird objects, animals, etc), and a look for hair, makeup, and nails. The competition was this past monday after she went missing.

Could she have gone into the wooded area to collect something to help her with this competition? I dunno...like nature objects to accentuate hair?

Could she have gone into the wooded area to collect something to help her with this competition? I dunno...like nature objects to accentuate hair?

I was thinking this exact thing. Really hoping LE is searching thoroughly behind her house.

I just checked Accuweather for Parma on 3/4...the high temperature was -2 degrees ??? I find it very unlikely that she would walk a mile in each direction to buy snacks. Could she have been going to a friend's house nearby ? A BF ?

Good grief....that's beyond cold, dangerous for her AND the dogs

I'm semi-local to this case and grew up only streets away from where this occurred. I just caught up reading the thread and wanted to make a couple points.

1. http://www.cleveland19.com/story/34...-for-safety-of-missing-17-year-old-parma-teen
The above linked clearly discusses a boyfriend who was earlier mentioned and interviewed by MSM as a "friend" . Not saying he has any involvement AT ALL just saying that she has a boyfriend who seems very concerned.

2. West Creek Reservation is part of the Cleveland Metroparks. The Metroparks cover over 23,000 acres of land and 100 miles of connecting trails. West Creek is specifically a water quarry. Lots of water, lots of rock formations ... drains into the Cuyahoga River.

3. Parma, itself is a bit of a struggling community in recent times. There have been many major businesses there that have closed in the past 3-5 years that has resulted in high numbers of job loss and home foreclosures, etc. The housing market there is just barely starting to recover, but there are A LOT of empty homes.

4. The area has been particularly hard hit by heroin (not to mention other illegal drugs). Parma has a long stranding reputation for being good place to party and get whatever you want with ease. Again, not saying Kat was involved with drugs but there is a VERY heavy drug presence in the city.

5. Parma also has a VERY high incidence of registered sex offenders. 886 residents to 1 sex offender. Close to double that of other cities in the area. The city is no stranger to child sex trafficking including a big bust last year.

6. The weather on 3/4 was NOT -2 degrees. Actually last Saturday was reasonably warm for us snow bunnies. Mid to upper 30s and sunny. I was near Parma and actually ate my lunch outside on a bench. It's very possible Katrina decided to walk to a store.

My own personal thoughts / opinion / observations :
She went missing an hour after her parents left and 18 or so houses away her scent stops. While it's possible she was walking to the store, I think it's FAR more likely she arranged to meet someone at that intersection.

I find it very unusual and worthy of comment that Katrina was in cosmetology school and yet at 17 has no known social media aside an instragram and a very understated (make up free) appearance. I see high school kids from this area all the time and she would definitely not fit in to the "typical" appearance.

Ohiocases, do you know if Katrina had a lot of friends? Or was she someone who mostly kept to herself? Were there any problems at school that you've heard about (ie; bullying / issues with others?) Or are the posted photos of her possibly older? Are there any more "selfies" with friends that may be more accurate than posed school pics?

Also, it would be nice to know if the left-behind phone was left plugged in and charging or not.

The intersection isn't busy at all, it's a residential area near a dead-end road. I haven't seen a case map. Her parents had just left to go out of town an hour earlier, and she did often walk, there's local food places and stores nearby.

How do they know she took her house key?

I'm semi-local to this case and grew up only streets away from where this occurred. I just caught up reading the thread and wanted to make a couple points.

1. http://www.cleveland19.com/story/34...-for-safety-of-missing-17-year-old-parma-teen
The above linked clearly discusses a boyfriend who was earlier mentioned and interviewed by MSM as a "friend" . Not saying he has any involvement AT ALL just saying that she has a boyfriend who seems very concerned.

2. West Creek Reservation is part of the Cleveland Metroparks. The Metroparks cover over 23,000 acres of land and 100 miles of connecting trails. West Creek is specifically a water quarry. Lots of water, lots of rock formations ... drains into the Cuyahoga River.

3. Parma, itself is a bit of a struggling community in recent times. There have been many major businesses there that have closed in the past 3-5 years that has resulted in high numbers of job loss and home foreclosures, etc. The housing market there is just barely starting to recover, but there are A LOT of empty homes.

4. The area has been particularly hard hit by heroin (not to mention other illegal drugs). Parma has a long stranding reputation for being good place to party and get whatever you want with ease. Again, not saying Kat was involved with drugs but there is a VERY heavy drug presence in the city.

5. Parma also has a VERY high incidence of registered sex offenders. 886 residents to 1 sex offender. Close to double that of other cities in the area. The city is no stranger to child sex trafficking including a big bust last year.

6. The weather on 3/4 was NOT -2 degrees. Actually last Saturday was reasonably warm for us snow bunnies. Mid to upper 30s and sunny. I was near Parma and actually ate my lunch outside on a bench. It's very possible Katrina decided to walk to a store.

My own personal thoughts / opinion / observations :
She went missing an hour after her parents left and 18 or so houses away her scent stops. While it's possible she was walking to the store, I think it's FAR more likely she arranged to meet someone at that intersection.

I find it very unusual and worthy of comment that Katrina was in cosmetology school and yet at 17 has no known social media aside an instragram and a very understated (make up free) appearance. I see high school kids from this area all the time and she would definitely not fit in to the "typical" appearance.

Ohiocases, do you know if Katrina had a lot of friends? Or was she someone who mostly kept to herself? Were there any problems at school that you've heard about (ie; bullying / issues with others?) Or are the posted photos of her possibly older? Are there any more "selfies" with friends that may be more accurate than posed school pics?

Also, it would be nice to know if the left-behind phone was left plugged in and charging or not.

OMG ! I went back and checked : Accuweather lists temps in Centigrade ! No wonder it seemed so cold ! Sorry about this mistake. However, I still doubt that she was walking to the store.

I was reading a news report which stated that there were "several " RSO's in the vicinity. Have no doubt that the FBI will have interviewed all of them. But that there RSO's there is highly concerning. jmo

Wonder what K. did the night before ? Friday was her 17th birthday ?

OMG ! I went back and checked : Accuweather lists temps in Centigrade ! No wonder it seemed so cold ! Sorry about this mistake. However, I still doubt that she was walking to the store.

I was reading a news report which stated that there were "several " RSO's in the vicinity. Have no doubt that the FBI will have interviewed all of them. But that there RSO's there is highly concerning. jmo

Wonder what K. did the night before ? Friday was her 17th birthday ?

Honestly, Satruday was a really nice day in which taking a walk wouldn't seem unreasonable at all to most that live here. We in NE Ohio don't even see sunshine often. It can be bitter cold but if the sun is out we often get our butts outside. It seems like summer to us after weeks of grey weather.

"Several" RSO's = 91 It might take FBI a little bit to interview all of them. (Actually, I highly doubt they will even go this route unless the case gets really cold)

EDITED TO ADD: There is an RSO showing on her street. I'm sure FBI has spoken with them and I'm deeply hoping this isn't what spurred todays searches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back