GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing how that hampers the defense.

If his attorney is worried about GW4 getting the DP, why not just contact the prosecution and arrange for a plea deal with LWOP?

Most suspects in multiple murder cases where the prosecution has all the evidence they need don't usually get such a good deal. What's wrong with not taking risks and settling for LWOP?

what's wrong with going to trial if you continue to state you are innocent, we know the evidence, they know the evidence, but BW and GW are presumed innocent until proven guilty, or they plead guilty, and why would they settle for LWOP when they have one last roll of the dice a trial,

and I think the defence is hampered by the fact that if they get JW to change his story, or add to his story by a good cross examination then they have made the DP viable for all 4, if they don't do a good cross examination of JW then they are also not doing their job, either way the state having the power over whether the DP is reinstated hinders the defence

they either chose to go after JW thus placing their clients penalty back as possible DP or they go easy on JW which means them not doing their job, which is to vigorously defend their client

we shall see how it all plays out at trial, we also have yet to learn what the judge rules on the outstanding motions that have been filed,

It really blows my mind the W's could sit down and plan a murder but not think about being traced. It's evident they thought they had all their bases covered. I am thankful for their lack of intelligence in how LE works or science for that matter.

They definitely have a lack of intelligence not just in how LE works and/or science, but it is like they have no clue how computers or the internet works. especially with the ordering of items online.

Been a long time.

Anyone remember where they were and how they found out about the arrests?

My son came into the room where I was and said he heard the Wagners were arrested. I then read online that Angela didn't want to change into her jail clothes and didn't think she should be there but they convinced her to do so. Big shock to her system I think. Opinion only.

I wasn't on Websleuths at that time. When I did come on WS I looked back to see people's reactions.

Starts Here - November 13, 2018

OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

First Post About It:

Could it be??

Dayton Daily News‏Verified account @daytondailynews
BREAKING: Four people arrested in Pike County murders investigation. More to come.

Dayton Daily News on Twitter
I had received a news alert on my cell phone that arrests had bern made.

what's wrong with going to trial if you continue to state you are innocent, we know the evidence, they know the evidence, but BW and GW are presumed innocent until proven guilty, or they plead guilty, and why would they settle for LWOP when they have one last roll of the dice a trial,

and I think the defence is hampered by the fact that if they get JW to change his story, or add to his story by a good cross examination then they have made the DP viable for all 4, if they don't do a good cross examination of JW then they are also not doing their job, either way the state having the power over whether the DP is reinstated hinders the defence

they either chose to go after JW thus placing their clients penalty back as possible DP or they go easy on JW which means them not doing their job, which is to vigorously defend their client

we shall see how it all plays out at trial, we also have yet to learn what the judge rules on the outstanding motions that have been filed,

So GW4 wants to go to trial because he feels he is comp!etely innocent. Because he has over 20 charges filed against him , including the aggravated murders of 8 people, he thinks the ztate should drop the DP against him. Before trial.

Pray tell, what makes him so different from other killers who face DP murder charges in the US every year?

If he's innocent. He wont have to worry about the DP.

But if you're a criminal who doesn't want to face the DP, perhaps its best not to help your family plan and carry out the muders of 8 people.

Avoid getting charged with DP offenses by not being involved in DP-level crimes. If you do and get caught, take your chances at trial, like everyone else.

somebody is paying for all those calls so it is safe to assume FW is the one paying, and when I said they had wealth I meant FW money, I wouldn't expect FW to pay for the attorneys, once they knew it was going to be a DP case they all would have learned that you don't get just any public defender, you get good lawyers who are qualified to defend in a DP case, and you get more than one lawyer,

and I disagree, FW is as entwined in that family as much as the 4 on trial, and I think she will be providing them money in prison,

and I think FW probably doesn't want to see the inside of a courtroom ever again, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't attend either trial, she is hoping the state will forget about her and her criminal involvement, and as to her being deposed that would have been done under subpoena so she had no choice,
BBM #1: You could be right. Unfortunately, it's something we'll probably never know with 100% assurance.

BBM #2: I am personally of the opinion that FW was volunteering to be deposed in order to help get GW4. I have my doubts that GW4's attorneys came up with the idea of having FW give a deposition on their own. I truly think it was all FW's idea, which is why the motion was suddenly no longer mentioned and was eventually withdrawn once AW confessed. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

It's an interesting consideration. If FW is not giving them money for so many phone calls from jail, who is? Just curious.

Maybe some have fans, as infamous killers sometimes do. Like John Wayne Gacy and Charles Manson, etc.
Maybe it is FW and my opinion is incorrect.

BW was drawing Social Security (disability, I think) at the time of his arrest. Do you know if he could still be getting that monthly money since he's in jail?

I think he was getting SSI and not Disability Social Security…
OK. I found some info on SS's website, but it says for conviction of a felony. Since BW hasn't been convicted or changed his plea to guilty yet, I'm not sure if he would still be able to receive his monthly payments.

Here's what I did find:
§ 404.468. Nonpayment of benefits to prisoners.
(a) General. No monthly benefits will be paid to any individual for any month any part of which the individual is confined in a jail, prison, or other penal institution or correctional facility for conviction of a felony.
Code of Federal Regulations § 404.468

So GW4 wants to go to trial because he feels he is comp!etely innocent. Because he has over 20 charges filed against him , including the aggravated murders of 8 people, he thinks the ztate should drop the DP against him. Before trial.

Pray tell, what makes him so different from other killers who face DP murder charges in the US every year?

But if you're a criminal who doesn't want to face the DP, perhaps its best not to help your family plan and carry out the muders of 8 people.

Avoid getting charged with DP offenses by not being involved in DP-level crimes. If you do and get caught, take your chances at trial, like everyone else.

that is his position whether you agree with him or not, at this point he is still NG, JW and AW stood in this position until they made their plea deals, they then decided that what they were offered was the best they could get, I wonder if he may concede to some of the charges if he gets the aggravated murders removed, and may then try to get a deal similar to AW, and I don't think he or the other 3 are any different to others who have committed horrific crimes,

and he won't face DP if JW lives up to his bargain (I do wonder if AW has any conditions on her testimony) which as I have opined many times hinders the defence, that is just my opinion,

and his defence should and will look at any avenues that lessen his culpability and penalty, I enjoy watching how both the state and defence strategize what they think works best for their case,

Prosecutors have not yet responded to the new filing.

From autopsy reports and previous court filings and testimony, it has been revealed that three guns were used to shoot the eight victims, and at least two of them had homemade silencers attached.

Preliminary autopsy reports reviewed in 2018 after an Ohio Supreme Court ruling in favor of The Cincinnati Enquirer showed that Christopher Sr. had been shot nine times over his body. Everyone else was shot in the head: Dana was shot five times; Christopher Jr. was shot four times; Gary was shot three times; Hannah Gilley was shot five times; Hanna Rhoden was shot twice; Frankie, three times; and Kenneth was shot once, in the right eye
Pike County Rhoden case: George Wagner IV attorneys say he shot no one

Three guns, Three shooters.

I think all 3 were shooters. Jake won't say in his proffer that he saw George shoot anyone but Jake was caught not being truthful in his proffer so I think he is simply omitting this about George.

Just simply say he didn't see George shoot anyone, doesn't mean George didn't.

Wonder what he said about his dad shooting? There are no Motions being filed saying Billy "shot nobody."

I would use this non intent bs against g4. If he knew it was wrong he was in a position to save all 8. He was the only one on earth besides angela who could stop the massacre. It's terrorism . Instead he went and made sure they succeeded . It can't be both. Could have shot g3 and jake in the kneecap if he was such a misunderstood super hero. Very much looking forward see the look on his face when convicted

I would use this non intent bs against g4. If he knew it was wrong he was in a position to save all 8. He was the only one on earth besides angela who could stop the massacre. It's terrorism . Instead he went and made sure they succeeded . It can't be both. Could have shot g3 and jake in the kneecap if he was such a misunderstood super hero. Very much looking forward see the look on his face when convicted

Kneecaps?

Ok. I can't unsee this.

Just a couple of questions.

Re: County Jail vs. State Prison

Are overall conditions considered "better" or worse in one or the other? How and why?

Re: Commissary Account

Is there a monthly limit on the amount that is allowed to be deposited in a Commissary account?
Is there a monthly limit on the amount a prisoner can spend at the Commissary?
Commissary differences between County Jails and State Prisons? Does it differ between states?

TIA

Last edited:

Are overall conditions considered "better" or worse in one or the other? How and why?

Is there a monthly limit on the amount that is allowed to be deposited in a Commissary account?
Commissary differences between County Jails and State Prisons? Does it differ between states?

TIA

Butler County Corrections Center How to Send Inmate Money | Hamilton,
Franklin County Jail I How to Send Inmate Money | Columbus,

Ohio Jails

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT YOU CAN ADD TO AN INMATE'S ACCOUNT?

All Jails have limits on how much money an inmate can have on the books at any one time.
They also have limits on how much you can deposit for an inmate at a time.
The standard monthly limit an inmate can spend is between $300 and $400.

INMATE CARE PACKAGES

Some jails have contract agreements with third party Commissary companies that ship predetermined Care Packages of candy and snacks.

These can be ordered by you online and are delivered directly to the inmate.

Access Securepak, also known as ‘My Care Pack’, for families to send pre-determined packages of commissary items to your inmate.

Access Securepak carries over 1,000 different items in the following categories:
- Food and Snacks
- Personal Hygiene Products
- Electronics
- Apparel

IMPORTANT TIPS

Sometimes an inmate's commissary money is used to purchase items to pay gambling debts or purchase prescription medicine from another inmate. If your inmate is spending more than $10.00 a day on commissary items, you are most likely paying for him or her to gamble or buy drugs.

Some inmates, specifically those who are targeted for being weak or are in jail for rape or child molestation, are forced to relinquish their commissary to avoid regular beatings from other inmates.

If you think your inmate is being targeted for violence or having their commissary taken to avoid beatings, contact the Jail and ask to investigate. If an inmate is being targeted, most jails will intervene and have the victim placed in protective custody, away from the general population.

Butler County Corrections Center How to Send Inmate Money | Hamilton,
Franklin County Jail I How to Send Inmate Money | Columbus,

Ohio Jails

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT YOU CAN ADD TO AN INMATE'S ACCOUNT?

All Jails have limits on how much money an inmate can have on the books at any one time.
They also have limits on how much you can deposit for an inmate at a time.
The standard monthly limit an inmate can spend is between $300 and $400.

INMATE CARE PACKAGES

Some jails have contract agreements with third party Commissary companies that ship predetermined Care Packages of candy and snacks.

These can be ordered by you online and are delivered directly to the inmate.

Access Securepak, also known as ‘My Care Pack’, for families to send pre-determined packages of commissary items to your inmate.

Access Securepak carries over 1,000 different items in the following categories:
- Food and Snacks
- Personal Hygiene Products
- Electronics
- Apparel

IMPORTANT TIPS

Sometimes an inmate's commissary money is used to purchase items to pay gambling debts or purchase prescription medicine from another inmate. If your inmate is spending more than $10.00 a day on commissary items, you are most likely paying for him or her to gamble or buy drugs.

Some inmates, specifically those who are targeted for being weak or are in jail for rape or child molestation, are forced to relinquish their commissary to avoid regular beatings from other inmates.

If you think your inmate is being targeted for violence or having their commissary taken to avoid beatings, contact the Jail and ask to investigate. If an inmate is being targeted, most jails will intervene and have the victim placed in protective custody, away from the general population.
As a follow up question, what can $300-400 per month purchase through the commissary? In other word how much are they being price gouged? $20 for toothpaste?? How much per minute of phone calls?? - I'm trying to figure out if the number of phone calls the W4 made used up their entire monthly Commissary $.

TIA

TIA

There are more outside companies you can order care packages from for inmates in Ohio State prisons vs jails. Your level of monthly spending in Ohio State prisons depends on your classification:

Level 1 and 2 is $400 per month.
Level 3 is $300 per month.
Level 4 is $250 per month.
Level E is $200 per month.
Death Row is $400 per month.

Up to $200 per transaction and a maximum of $400 per calendar month from an approved (or tentatively approved) visitor may be deposited into an inmate's Ohio State prison personal account.

All US State prisons are most likely similar to Ohio in dealing with the same companies for money deposits, these for example:

JPay Website
ConnectNetwork

And dealing with the same care package companies for inmates. I sent one to Sheriff Reader.

Inmate Care Package and Commissary
iCare: Keeping Loved Ones Close | Inmate Care Packages
Welcome to Mycarepack

Prisons are generally better than jails because they have more freedom of movement and 10x's more to do including having a job.

As a follow up question, what can $300-400 per month purchase through the commissary? In other word how much are they being price gouged? $20 for toothpaste?? How much per minute of phone calls?? - I'm trying to figure out if the number of phone calls the W4 made used up their entire monthly Commissary $.

TIA
I believe Ohio is one of the cheapest state for prison calls but I think jail calls can be expensive as they are in most states. I think it varies for jail calls anywhere from about 5 to 15 dollars per 15 minutes, pretty much in all jails everywhere. Any money left over in their accounts would carry over to the next month/s I believe.

I think there is a commissary/phone account and a phone account that is just for calls. The person setting up the phone account puts money just on the phone account for the inmate to use just for calls. Not sure of what the limit for that may be for a phone account , I would say it may be fairly high.

On the phone account there are allowed numbers that the inmate can call I believe, set by the person who sets up the account. On the commissary/phone call account it gives more freedom to whom they can all.

I could be incorrect but that is how I understand it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member