GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covert Operative said:
snipped...
Could be someone being deposed that they think may not make it to trial. Could be for the civil case or criminal case I guess.

I don't believe it has to do with the civil case - otherwise this transfer would have been on the docket of the civil case not the criminal one.

jail_rates_2018_highest.png

I don't believe it has to do with the civil case - otherwise this transfer would have been on the docket of the civil case not the criminal one.
I agree it would be for the criminal case. The civil case will probably not get any traction until after the criminal case. For the ones that make plea deals they lost their civil case anyway I would think. AW, BW, JW never replied to the civil case so they lost it by default before any plea deals I believe.

I agree it would be for the criminal case. The civil case will probably not get any traction until after the criminal case. For the ones that make plea deals they lost their civil case anyway I would think. AW, BW, JW never replied to the civil case so they lost it by default before any plea deals I believe.
some telephone companies are making lots of money off prison phone calls

some telephone companies are making lots of money off prison phone calls
They are making a ton. In some states way more than others.
BW had 202 calls in a 3 month period. If he talked 15 mins on each call that would be 757 dollars for that period. There are many variables on how much time each call could be but I doubt he talked only a couple minutes on them. Then add in the other 3 Ws calls. (AW could not call for a while) Someone is putting out some money.

That someone saw him arriving and leaving? I just thought someone at the courthouse would have alerted news media if there was an unscheduled court appearance.

Not really a court appearance. Just meeting in the Courthouse, closed door meeting or Deposition. Unfortunately we never heard about the December 2nd one so we likely won't hear about this one. Docket shows sealed information that could have come from the December 2nd meeting.

Looks more like preparing for trial than George doing a plea. Interesting when everything is unsealed for trial.

To me it would not be helpful in a trial if the state or the defense would try to say that JW is truthful about this fact but lying about that fact. I could see that being an issue for jurors that are trying to decide the case.

Around the 26:00 mark she says something like we are not stipulating that G4 did not shoot anyone because we do not know that. To me that means that they may think it but cannot prove it at this point in the trial. I do not think she would make that statement if they could prove it and was a little surprised that she would say that in court.

His confession probably caused some problems for both sides but what they gained from it was probably worth the issues they may have to deal with.

Also, he could have made contradictions about AW, BW, G4, himself or other details, he may not have contradicted himself about G4 shooting or she could have meant that he did.

JMO, Jake probably began his confession by saying things to protect GW4. His confession went on for several hours. Prosecution has all the evidence, though, which they shared with Jake. With the evidence they gathered, they can probably walk through each crime scene and demonstrate how many people were there, how they came in, which weapons each was using, where they walked & stood when shooting, who they shot and how they left.

In the end, it will be Jake and Angela's proffers PLUS all the evidence the state has compiled that will help jurors decide to convict GW4 and Billy.

JMO

Not really a court appearance. Just meeting in the Courthouse, closed door meeting or Deposition. Unfortunately we never heard about the December 2nd one so we likely won't hear about this one. Docket shows sealed information that could have come from the December 2nd meeting.

Looks more like preparing for trial than George doing a plea. Interesting when everything is unsealed for trial.
Anxiously awaiting any news / speculation about today's deposition.

JMO, Jake probably began his confession by saying things to protect GW4. His confession went on for several hours. Prosecution has all the evidence, though, which they shared with Jake. With the evidence they gathered, they can probably walk through each crime scene and demonstrate how many people were there, how they came in, which weapons each was using, where they walked & stood when shooting, who they shot and how they left.

In the end, it will be Jake and Angela's proffers PLUS all the evidence the state has compiled that will help jurors decide to convict GW4 and Billy.

JMO
If Jake was lying in his plea that George didn't shoot anybody, I hope the state has substantial evidence to dispute JW's "statement". For me, it is unreasonable to believe George didn't fire a weapon and wound/kill at least one of the Rhoden's.

G4
01/19/2022 MOTION NO. 82 DEFEDANDANT'S OBJECTION AND MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE INTRODUCTION OF OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE AT TRIAL FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

01/19/2022 MOTION NO. 83 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

01/19/2022 MOTION NO. 84 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL ALL BRADY OR INFORMANT DISCOVERY FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

G4
01/19/2022 MOTION NO. 82 DEFEDANDANT'S OBJECTION AND MOTION IN LIMINE TO PROHIBIT THE INTRODUCTION OF OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE AT TRIAL FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

01/19/2022 MOTION NO. 83 DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE FILED Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

01/19/2022 MOTION NO. 84 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL ALL BRADY OR INFORMANT DISCOVERY FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M

Interesting. They're asking for change of venue. Looks like a pre-emptive strike. IANAL, but he seems to be laying the groundwork for future appeals. Yawn.

As for prohibiting Other Acts Evidence, didn't they file that objection already? Same with the Brady discovery.

JMO

Interesting. They're asking for change of venue. Looks like a pre-emptive strike. IANAL, but he seems to be laying the groundwork for future appeals. Yawn.

As for prohibiting Other Acts Evidence, didn't they file that objection already? Same with the Brady discovery.

JMO

I guess we have an idea of how the closed door meeting went with these new Motions. Trial on plea off.

Ha! Change of venue I knew they wouldn't want to try to seat a jury in Pike County.
I hope Judge Deering makes them try anyway. Sometimes the judge will have them try to seat a jury then end up moving the trial over to a different county.

It was Billy that wanted to get rid of the Other Acts Evidence, I think this is the first time for George. At any rate, I hope Deering keeps some of those Acts in and then the jury can hear his ex wife testify to some of those Acts.

Acts or no Acts she should be able to testify to how they did everything together and how he treated her.

Last edited:
If Jake was lying in his plea that George didn't shoot anybody, I hope the state has substantial evidence to dispute JW's "statement". For me, it is unreasonable to believe George didn't fire a weapon and wound/kill at least one of the Rhoden's.

This trial can once and for all clear up who shot who and the most pressing mystery, who shot Kenny and why?

This is going to be the trial to end all trials in this Case in my opinion. I mean by the time it is done Billy might as well just plead guilty because whatever he did is going to come out.

I can't believe we are starting to talk about a trial now.

It was Billy that wanted to get rid of the Other Acts Evidence, I think this is the first time for George. At any rate, I hope Deering keeps some of those Acts in and then the jury can hear his ex wife testify to some of those Acts.

I loathe the thought of looking through the voluminous list of motions on GW4's docket again, but I'll check. I do recall them even discussing Other Acts at one of GW4's many recent hearings. GW4's attorneys have made a mockery of the Ohio criminal justice system. I can't believe how much of taxpayer's hard earned money they have wasted on this miserable sociopath.

JMO

ETA: GW4 and Billy are two sides of the same coin. Both so much alike, entitled, ignorant, toxic women beaters.

JMO

Well, well, well. G4 doesn't like his chances in Pike County then. I can understand that, crikey think how many people have been cheated out of property and/or money. Maybe not by him personally, but by a. n. other family member. How many locals have been thumped by G4 or worse?

Tongues wag, no pun intended there but once you start wrong doing on your own doorstep so to speak, word gets around. Talk spreads. Deering will want this kept at home if at all possible. He's waited a long time for this so if G4s trial does get moved due to not being able to seat a Jury, I don't think Deering will mind an extra wait.

As Manly as GW tried to act during the phone calls and the family meetings, a refusal to carry a gun and even shoot someone on the night in question would make him appear weak and unworthy of the family name. No, He was there, He had a gun, and he shot someone. Likely Chris Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke