GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well. G4 doesn't like his chances in Pike County then. I can understand that, crikey think how many people have been cheated out of property and/or money. Maybe not by him personally, but by a. n. other family member. How many locals have been thumped by G4 or worse?

Tongues wag, no pun intended there but once you start wrong doing on your own doorstep so to speak, word gets around. Talk spreads. Deering will want this kept at home if at all possible. He's waited a long time for this so if G4s trial does get moved due to not being able to seat a Jury, I don't think Deering will mind an extra wait.

I totally agree that Deering will want to keep this in Pike County. I will be surprised if he flat out grants this Motion to change venues without even trying to seat a jury in PC first. The main news outlets are not even in Pike County.

Did Angela or Jake have any pop-up meetings like this before they copped a plea?

No.

All signs as of now point to trial. Yes George could change his mind but I think he really wants to get aquitted of the 8 murders by chancing it at trial with the "I shot nobody" defense and it was all "Jake and Angela not me."

@ Cool Cats. I didn't know that! I mean about the main news outlets, I just assumed that there must have been one following the case. There again, for the size of the case and the horrendous way the family and Hannah was wiped out there hasn't been a massive coverage.

I must infuture look at blown-up maps of Counties concerned and check on news media.

1350417262994_5226917.png
Agree.

@ Cool Cats. I didn't know that! I mean about the main news outlets, I just assumed that there must have been one following the case. There again, for the size of the case and the horrendous way the family and Hannah was wiped out there hasn't been a massive coverage.

I must infuture look at blown-up maps of Counties concerned and check on news media.

The main news outlet following the Case and live streaming the court videos is based out of Cincinnati. WKRC.

Local 12 WKRC-TV is the local station for breaking news, weather forecasts, traffic alerts, community news, in Cincinnati.

It is 4 Counties west of Pike County.

The main news outlet following the Case and live streaming the court videos is based out of Cincinnati. WKRC.

Local 12 WKRC-TV is the local station for breaking news, weather forecasts, traffic alerts, community news, in Cincinnati.

It is 4 Counties west of Pike County.

I'd noticed coverage coming from Cincinnati but just thought Pike County had a main news outlet too. Oh well, I've learned something today. :)

Yes, Pike County is sort of off-the-grid as far as the news media is concerned. It's a very low population county. That said, the local media out of Cinci or Columbus could cover the case more closely. Some did and got burned, though.

If they end up having GW4's trial in Montgomery Co (where he's currently incarcerated) the Dayton Daily News is pretty good and has covered this case with some quality reporting.

I just hope they don't hold it in Cuyahoga County. The Plain Dealer already wrote that unusual, fawning series of articles about Fredericka Wagner. Local news media has gotten really bad in recent years. They would probably ignore the trial and let the Akron Beacon Journal cover it.

Some of the judges on the Court of Common Pleas have made some mistakes lately, too.

There's also the option of holding the trial in Pike County, but bringing jurors in from another county. That possibility has been discussed before, but seems pretty unrealistic given the small size of Waverly.

Fortunately, the national news media will cover the trial, so that will help a lot.

You are so right.

I don't have the time to spend on tracking every move as the wheels of justice slowly grind on and on and on for the benefit of two murderous sociopaths who have a few chromosomes missing.

I just realized I've gone through at least 3 laptop computers looking up, copy-pasting, linking, storing and ordering files to track these scumbags. The same links, quotes, etc. over and over dozens of times.

It's kind of mind-numbing after a while, repeating the same bits of information over and over and over again.

About half-way through the process I created the huge timeline and case summary in hopes we could avoid posting the same information, arguing the same points over and over again.

Boring and a waste of time, JMO.

Once their trials are over, these guys will spend the rest of their miserable lives incarcerated, as they should. The sooner, the better.

It's so much better to have a good life, accomplish important goals, get out and see the sunshine, interact with people, take a trip, love your friends and family.

Last edited:
I know they might get to move trial but I hope not. A jury of your peers is what's guaranteed. The wagners loomed large and played God with 8 pike counting. Reader Deering many others been in this since the start. It would mean more traveling for Ms Geneva and family and more comfort. If g4 wanted the jury to like him he shouldn't have massacred the rhodens gilleys

I know they might get to move trial but I hope not. A jury of your peers is what's guaranteed. The wagners loomed large and played God with 8 pike counting. Reader Deering many others been in this since the start. It would mean more traveling for Ms Geneva and family and more comfort. If g4 wanted the jury to like him he shouldn't have massacred the rhodens gilleys

BBM

This.

His attorneys probably asked for the change of venue hoping the surviving family members would not be able to travel to another city to attend the trial every day. The Wagners and their attorneys would probably like to see FW and family show up instead, displaying their piety and loyalty. Having the Rhodens, Gilleys and other family and friends would elicit too much sympathy for their liking.

JMO

Judge Deering may insist upon trying to seat a Pike County Jury first.
Then, if impossible, making a move to a larger jury pool area.
it’s my thought that it will be difficult to find 12 plus alternates in Pike County.
I won’t go into all the reasons, we can speculate about pros and cons ( HA! cons) of that. ‘Someone’ could try to influence $$$ a juror or two .
It may come down to something different such as security needs and media needs.
The needs of the immediate families should be considered. It will be a difficult decision. I have my own doubts. I think that eventually there will not be a trial.
Nash is building an appeal record and Judge Deering surely knows that.

Last edited:
Judge Deering may insist upon trying to seat a Pike County Jury first.
Then, if impossible, making a move to a larger jury pool area.
it’s my thought that it will be difficult to find 12 plus alternates in Pike County.
I won’t go into all the reasons, we can speculate about pros and cons ( HA! cons) of that. ‘Someone’ could try to influence $$$ a juror or two .
It may come down to something different such as security needs and media needs.
The needs of the immediate families should be considered. It will be a difficult decision. I have my own doubts that eventually there will not be a trial.
Nash is building an appeal record and Judge Deering surely knows that.

Yes your right the size of pike County as well as the eligible (non con) population will be tight. What about adams isnt that very close to the residences? With so so many county's its not a good system to try a horrible crime with so many victims. In smaller states we don't have this problem so much. Half the state is one county lol

And your right qboutbg4s lawyer with appeals I'm sure this trial is a job interview for Freddie's appeal money. You know parker has his eyes on that wallet! No free lawyers on appeal. But once g4 is convicted without a mistrial the family can take a breath. It will take ALOT for an appelate court to pick a fight with that conviction. The mistrial is the big hurdle

Yes your right the size of pike County as well as the eligible (non con) population will be tight. What about adams isnt that very close to the residences? With so so many county's its not a good system to try a horrible crime with so many victims. In smaller states we don't have this problem so much. Half the state is one county lol

Never thought about it, but Ohio does have a large number of Counties, 88 in total.
The populations vary, many counties are sparsely populated as is Pike and Adams, being basically rural.
I do wonder what the logical and legal prerequisites would be for choosing a new venue if that it what will eventually happen. May not have to deal with that, but it doesn’t hurt to try to imagine what Judge Deering has to consider.

Posting these links for those not familiar to show population of each Ohio County, location, County seat.
Quick reference, Pike County is located SouthEast
Parts of UHR (a long road) may actually straddle Adams and Pike County.
NOT SURE but I think Dana’s residence (on the other side of UHR from CRsr, FR,) may be in Adams

Ohio Counties by Population

https://www.ccao.org/wp-content/uploads/Map County Seats.pdf

Another point of reference. Pike County is approximately 90 miles from the major
Cities of Cincinnati and Columbus. And approx. 60 miles from Dayton, Montgomery County where G4 is now. These are also the close major news outlets.

Last edited:
And your right qboutbg4s lawyer with appeals I'm sure this trial is a job interview for Freddie's appeal money. You know parker has his eyes on that wallet! No free lawyers on appeal. But once g4 is convicted without a mistrial the family can take a breath. It will take ALOT for an appelate court to pick a fight with that conviction. The mistrial is the big hurdle
you can get a lawyer provided for appeals, depends on state, but it usually happens when it is a mandated sentence as is this case, Mark Gooch was sentenced yesterday to Natural Life for murdering Sasha Krause and he intends to appeal, and an appellate attorney will be provided for his appeal, it is only for the first appeal

I totally agree that Deering will want to keep this in Pike County. I will be surprised if he flat out grants this Motion to change venues without even trying to seat a jury in PC first. The main news outlets are not even in Pike County.
I may be wrong if so please or react me , but I thought around the time Deering made his decision on media in the courtroom he also said something to the effect he didn’t agree nor see a need for a change of venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke