OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If GW4 had an ounce of humanity or empathy for others, he would have accepted a plea deal and confessed. Actions speak louder than facial expressions.

I think he just feels sorry for himself, perhaps some regret that people he was close to are now angry with him. I don't think he regrets what he did and didn't do. I think he feels no regret or sympathy for the victims or their surviving family members. I think the horror of the acts he and his family committed that night have traumatized him and the murders continue to haunt him. He doesn't regret what he did, he probably resents the victims for giving him nightmares.

If he had a soul, he would have confessed, instead of spending millions of taxpayer dollars in an arrogant, abusive attempt to gain undeserved freedom.

ETA: I don't think he feels regret that some of his close friends are angry with him. He feels regret because they don't understand why he did it or don't fall for his BS lie that he wasn't involved. Wagners are garden-variety narcissistic sociopaths.
I tend to agree with you Betty. GWIV is one of Dana's "evil ones".

This is such a random question but I’m a random person…. Where and what does Georgie get to eat for lunch?
I presume they will have to have something delivered to court, as he can't go back to jail in his lunch hour.

Unless they send him to court with a packed lunch, but he doesn't appear to carry anything with him on the video I have seen of him arriving to court, unless one of the guards carries it,

This is such a random question but I’m a random person…. Where and what does Georgie get to eat for lunch?
I thought about this the other day! I was thinking wonder what the jury eats and sometimes we see counsel still in the courtroom so I was thinking working lunch there. Then I thought where does George go and what does he eat?

Does the court have a way to prepare meals for jury/staff during trial? Do they order out? I can't imagine they leave and return because the possibility for accidents, traffic, road work, etc. could hinder returning in time.

My brain thinks of these random things often! LOL

Apologies, I don’t understand your question/statement.

Advance apologies as I have missed much. Is it already confirmed AW & JW have opted out of video/audio?
Not that I've heard...I would think that might not be to the satisfaction of the prosecution and they must...please the prosecution? I don't know how that deal with prosecution will/could weigh in against the rights of the individual not to be on camera or video?

I thought about this the other day! I was thinking wonder what the jury eats and sometimes we see counsel still in the courtroom so I was thinking working lunch there. Then I thought where does George go and what does he eat?

Does the court have a way to prepare meals for jury/staff during trial? Do they order out? I can't imagine they leave and return because the possibility for accidents, traffic, road work, etc. could hinder returning in time.

My brain thinks of these random things often! LOL
I just hope no one is bringing him Arby’s or Panera.

Good morning from Pike Co. murder trial - I was in courtroom for testimony of Randa Hughes, the common law wife of Angela Wagner's half-brother Chris Newcomb. Next up is BCI analyst Julia Eveslage - then Angela's mother Rita Newcomb - who has opted out of video.

Some highlights from Hughes - said she was there when her husband Chris met George to buy a .40-caliber Glock. Also that Angela, Jake and George asked she and her husband to get custody of Sophia and Bulvine after they were arrested.

She also says Chris was enraged and despondent and almost violent when hearing Jake Wagner had confessed to everything. They hired a lawyer to try and get custody but dropped it after meeting Bulvine's mother Tabitha and seeing Sophia was happy in environment as well.

Also remembered when Rita Newcomb - Angela's mother - admitted to lying to authorities. Rita had lied and said she had signed custody documents - when Angela had actually forged her signature. Said Angela asked her to lie - although that was stricken from the record.

She also says Chris was enraged and despondent and almost violent when hearing Jake Wagner had confessed to everything. They hired a lawyer to try and get custody but dropped it after meeting Bulvine's mother Tabitha and seeing Sophia was happy in environment as well.

Change in order - former BCI agent Bryan White returning to the stand next on video. Then Rita - probably after lunch.

Hughes also said George and Chris Newcomb would talk on phone even after arrests when George was in prison - but that has tapered off. Also that George was protective of his entire family, including Sophia and his son and brother Jake.

She was concerned about Jake and George after they dyed their hair black - match characters from Walking Dead and Boonedock Saints. This happened before the murders, but she wondered about it after the murders. She only expressed concerns to her mother.

Now onto Bryan White, former BCI agent. Talking about the search warrants of Wagners' house in 2017.

They wanted to go back yet again to search around barn of Wagner former house on Peterson Road. New owners very cooperative in June 2017.

So search was allowed without a warrant on June 14, 2017.

This was more intrusive including excavation and digging. Used Bobcat etc. and backhoe and ground penetrating radar to move dirt and gravel.

Not diving into the well/cistern on this date yet.

At least 5 people there for search. Sifters also used - very tedious work.

Was a two day search - also had Matt White from BCI gun lab out there. Leads to objection and bench conference.

Objection overruled - White would look at casing or bullets separate them by caliber or characteristics.

Comparing the list HH2 - list from Jake's phone. He now has a packet of ballistic evidence .45 caliber casings. Comparing it to - there is a .45 caliber weapon on there. Defense objects everytime the list is raised and overruled.

More evidence .40 caliber casings compared with the list from Jake's phone - there is a .40 caliber weapon listed on that document.

They found a lot of shell casings out there that matched the caliber of guns on the list from Jake's phone.

More .223 caliber casings - there is a .223 firearm on the list

More envelopes - .357 caliber casings then .22 caliber. Both match calibers on the list. Defense objects and overruled everytime

The last one is .22 long rifle casings (the kind found at crime scene) and matches caliber on list

Search took 8 hours a day over 2 days. Went 4-6 inches on driveway and went down foot in dirt around barn.

Done with direct - cross examination up next. But defense asks to approach bench before that starts.

Breaking for lunch until 1:30 p.m.
https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

Here is a thread about what happened after the jury left for lunch today

"The court opens at 8 a.m. and the jury isn't here until 9 a.m., so there is a golden hour" for the state to provide the defense with its planned exhibits for that day. They agreed to do that. 9/10

Deering said "we will deal with this particular problem when we get back from lunch,'' referencing the evidence collected by White during the July 14/15 search. 10/10

#GeorgeWagnerIV Defense attorneys were surprised by after-break testimony about a June 14/15 search of the Peterson Road farm that was former home of Wagners. 1/10

Interesting FB data. I wish they could tell when the blocking had occurred. That might give some insight.

Oh and here it is, she just asked if they got tattoos a month and a half AFTER the homicides. Of course defense objects.

Now rephrasing and asking about if she was asked to search for information about tattoos. She says yes she found a series of messages from an app called text now.

George texting with Angela about getting tattoos in June after the homicides.

I like that she let the jury see her aggravation it let's the jury know she think the defense is being petty.
That is a really great point and that she is passionate. I get that she is frustrated with the defense team. My point is that it's important to be professional. That's all.

did the defense does not cross examine Agent White over the casings found at Peterson Rd, I missed start of after lunch

That is a really great point and that she is passionate. I get that she is frustrated with the defense team. My point is that it's important to be professional. That's all.
I understand this too and I think she tries. Did you see the look on George's lawyers face as she asked some questions. Like a kid finding out he's getting what he really wanted for Christmas. Then writing things down and whispering to George. I mean he seems like he is sitting there critiquing her the entire time and giving off many facial expressions that seem inappropriate also. Feels like a bully and then she finally stands up to him. I know she is supposed to not let this get to her, but after all this time, I think even the best of us get flustered with those shenanigan's he is pulling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper