OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it was much more personal than drug dealing.

I feel this is similar to an Eapmon situation. The searches mean nothing at this point. IJ was brought in for questioning early on and thay never went anywhere. The only thing that would make me think something could be amiss with some people is they left the area. So other than general suspicion, we have nothing. Back to square one. This is so similar to the Eapmon case as well as the Newsome case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Where did you read that $175,000 cash was paid for JW's and GW's house?

I think it was Betty P or Canille who posted the auditors or real estate site that showed not only what they paid for it but also who they bought it from. According to that record they bought it for 175K. Also several news articles stated they bought it for 175K and sold it for 165K, a 10K loss.

Has anyone ever read "Dreamland", the book written by Sam Quinones, a journalist from Los Angeles?

This lengthy blog post tells some interesting stories about the drug trade, moving product from Mexico to the US. It has some very interesting information about the trade and drug cartel connections in Ohio.

http://allthingswildlyconsidered.blogspot.com/2014/06/rich-folks-and-mexican-drug-cartels-in.html

(Darn, it looks like he was just in Akron for a book reading in April)

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-an...or-sam-quinones-will-visit-akron-on-wednesday

There are also 3 podcasts called "After Dreamland" at this link (Episodes 69, 70 and 71)

https://cover2.org/podcasts/

The blog post at the first link has a good amount of information from Dreamland and Quinones' reporting, including how drug dealers learned to market heroin and other hard drugs to white, middle class people in the US. It also has this:

(Sam Quinones. "Xalisco Boys Push Mexican Black Tar Heroin. Drug Crimes. March 31, 2010)

An alleged hit man for the one of the most powerful drug cartels in Mexico spent the last ten years living in Sandusky, Ohio before he was arrested on January 5, 2012, according to a report by CNN. U. S. Customs and Border Protection announced that Edgar Campos-Barraza, better known as “El Cholo,” is believed to be an assassin for the Sinaloa Cartel.

Interesting.

Very interesting. It looks like the former sheriff was very helpful in the MJ distribution business when he was in office. Interesting also it took the feds to investigate and prosecute this case.

Still no feds involved in the Rhoden case. It's like Pike County is a federal agent-free zone.

Dewine doesn't want the Feds involved. He wants his boys, BCI, to crack the case so he can be the hero. This will help his rumored run for the 2018 Ohio Governorship. Or Dewine is part of the drug ring and is trying to bury the case.....
MOO

Dewine doesn't want the Feds involved. He wants his boys, BCI, to crack the case so he can be the hero. This will help his rumored run for the 2018 Ohio Governorship. Or Dewine is part of the drug ring and is trying to bury the case.....
MOO

I think that it is the former. Not that I don't think that there couldn't be another Bullitt County, Ky going on in Pike County, Oh, I just think, that they may think, that they're close, and they want all the glory.

I think it was Betty P or Canille who posted the auditors or real estate site that showed not only what they paid for it but also who they bought it from. According to that record they bought it for 175K. Also several news articles stated they bought it for 175K and sold it for 165K, a 10K loss.

But, why are you saying they paid cash for it? That is what I'm trying to find out....

One of the most interesting things with the trafficking theory in connection with the R's is that GR is from Greenup KY, which I believe was said to be a central distribution area for illegal drugs.

I have always found it odd that GR lived with his cousin CR1 who supposedly was getting him off drugs. We know that GR was into hard drugs, is it possible he is the connection between the Greenup KY distribution and the R's? Did he talk CR1 and KR into doing a little bit of transporting to make some fast money? I suspect the W's have been in it for quite a while given the ready cash they had to pay for houses ect. And as RSD1200 mentioned raising horses is an expensive endeavor that is not profitable, so was their cash coming from a more profitable venture?

Did the R's get into the middle of that through GR?

We have no proof that GR knew the W's other than JW, but we do know he knew JM who we know had a connection further north through those "friends" who sold him a truck that LE said was used in an aggravated murder.

All of this transporting/trucking connections is leading me along that avenue, simply because of my assessment of the characters of CR1 and KR. He worked hard but they weren't above doing something illegal to make money.

Being involved in something that dangerous could have been the reason for moving DR and the kids into a different house.

I still believe very firmly that the W's trying to get HR to sign away her parental rights to SW was the trigger in these murders and that the murders occurred after the birth of little K simply because they did not want to risk killing an unborn child who could be their relative.

What do all of you think about that possibility?

I think thats a very real possibility. Although I certainly don't know more than anyone else, I believe when arrests are made its not going to have anything to do with drugs. I think it was someone's greed and selfishness. Thats just my thinking.

Has anyone ever read "Dreamland", the book written by Sam Quinones, a journalist from Los Angeles?

This lengthy blog post tells some interesting stories about the drug trade, moving product from Mexico to the US. It has some very interesting information about the trade and drug cartel connections in Ohio.

http://allthingswildlyconsidered.blogspot.com/2014/06/rich-folks-and-mexican-drug-cartels-in.html

(Darn, it looks like he was just in Akron for a book reading in April)

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-an...or-sam-quinones-will-visit-akron-on-wednesday

There are also 3 podcasts called "After Dreamland" at this link (Episodes 69, 70 and 71)

https://cover2.org/podcasts/

The blog post at the first link has a good amount of information from Dreamland and Quinones' reporting, including how drug dealers learned to market heroin and other hard drugs to white, middle class people in the US. It also has this:

Interesting.

There have been reports of Mexican Drug Cartels in the Dayton, Ohio area for years now. I'm sure they have "enforcers" on the payroll. Too much money involved to not take care of business...

One of the most interesting things with the trafficking theory in connection with the R's is that GR is from Greenup KY, which I believe was said to be a central distribution area for illegal drugs.

I have always found it odd that GR lived with his cousin CR1 who supposedly was getting him off drugs. We know that GR was into hard drugs, is it possible he is the connection between the Greenup KY distribution and the R's? Did he talk CR1 and KR into doing a little bit of transporting to make some fast money? I suspect the W's have been in it for quite a while given the ready cash they had to pay for houses ect. And as RSD1200 mentioned raising horses is an expensive endeavor that is not profitable, so was their cash coming from a more profitable venture?

Did the R's get into the middle of that through GR?

We have no proof that GR knew the W's other than JW, but we do know he knew JM who we know had a connection further north through those "friends" who sold him a truck that LE said was used in an aggravated murder.

All of this transporting/trucking connections is leading me along that avenue, simply because of my assessment of the characters of CR1 and KR. He worked hard but they weren't above doing something illegal to make money.

Being involved in something that dangerous could have been the reason for moving DR and the kids into a different house.

I still believe very firmly that the W's trying to get HR to sign away her parental rights to SW was the trigger in these murders and that the murders occurred after the birth of little K simply because they did not want to risk killing an unborn child who could be their relative.

What do all of you think about that possibility?

Coming from the area would you say that it would be a lower risk if the same people hauled cars they bought at auctions through there on a regular basis and had been stopped numerous times over the years without anything being found and having no drug connections?

What I am trying to ask is do you think someone like the R's would be at a lower risk of being stopped and could they get away with transporting drugs on say every third or fourth haul? Or say that once a month they hauled with drugs in one of the cars they bought at auction?

In your opinion would that be possible?

Local police, LE, I honestly don't know. I would say if they were on good terms, maybe. The state highway patrol I would say no. My knowledge of them, very strict and do their jobs.

I am using the mobile page. Whenever I want to edit a post, I end up deleting it. It's annoying :(

My guess is she has been in that house many times before. As a general comment, we do not know the relationships between the people in this story.

Do you know the relationship between KR2 and JW? Personnally, I don't know. But have you ever thought about it? Isn't a question that is itching a little?

What do we know of her relationship with her father and her cousin? Nothing. All of it is our assumption.

You made a good point: she came to the scene, but the Ws did not. Who else did? TR? The M family? The G family? I need to think about it some more.

On a side note to this, it seems that if KndrR was overstepping by running to the search scene, JW would have removed her from his new, and old, sm site, as well as her sister, mother, and cousin. He doesn't have to let the M, R, and G, family members be on his sm.

On a side note to this, it seems that if KndrR was overstepping by running to the search scene, JW would have removed her from his new, and old, sm site, as well as her sister, mother, and cousin. He doesn't have to let the M, R, and G, family members be on his sm.

Could be 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'? JMO

[/B]

BBM

I am thinking some kind of high value drugs like Oxy or Fentanyl. A small amount of that would be worth a lot of money and not to profile, but given the state and area the R's lived in, those two drugs would be a very hot item. If you were transporting those kinds of drugs, you could haul 100,000.00 worth in a shoe box. Very small, easy to hide in something as big as a car or truck.

I am going to say it originated from the Greenup KY area and the connection between KY and the Pike county outfit was GR.

I too, do not believe the R's had been in it very long, but I think certainly long enough to get 30K to buy DR's house.

I believe the W's were in charge of the Pike county operation and have been in it quite some time, given the amount of cash paid for that house. Let me put it this way, I have clients who's yearly business revenue is over 5 million but they do not have 175K in cash to buy a house. I have clients who's yearly salary is over 600,000.00 but they do not have 175K in cash to buy a house. So to me that shows a huge cash flow and since there is zero proof that any of the W's were in high revenue businesses or high salary careers I would say that cash flow came from somewhere else.

I think JM was the connection between the Pike county outfit and north Ohio.

I think LE or at least the HWY 23 DTF suspected the R's were in this for a while and had their eye on the W's for even longer. These are the reasons I think that.

1. How fast the crime scene was shut off, to the point of shutting down the entire road from anyone but LE.

2. The towing of the 150 plus vehicles the first few days in. They wanted those vehicles somewhere that they could go over them with a fine tooth comb.

3. The towing and securing of the trailer houses. they also wanted them somewhere they could go over them inch by inch.

4. The using of a text message between JM and JW as an excuse to search the W's property.

5. The Highway 23 DTF being on the scene when they searched the W's property. They spent 3 days going over it.

6. Putting the GPS tracker on JM's truck. They wanted him to lead them to the rest of the players further north or south.

7. LE stating that particular pickup truck had been used in a crime of aggravated murder (they did not say the R murders) so this could be a different murder by the same players involved with the Pike county outfit.

8. And last but not least. How fast Kendra R beat a path to the W's as soon as she heard their property was being searched. This tells me she, at least, believed they would find something on that property to bring to justice her fathers killer.

Anyone else have any ideas on this?
My guess is she has been in that house many times before. As a general comment, we do not know the relationships between the people in this story.

Do we know the relationship between JW and KR2? Personnally, I don't know. It is an interesting question.

We tend believe what she says of her relationship with her father and her cousin.

You made a good point: she came to the scene* but JW did not. Why? She came on her own to find out or LE asked her to?

Who else came to the scene "to find out"? TR, the G family, the M family? LE doesn't share any info with the families, why would they do with KR2?

Yes. I agree. I don't know what to make of that visit.

I am using the mobile page. Whenever I want to edit a post, I end up deleting it. It's annoying :(

So I wrote my post a second time and post it again. I am sorry if you see my post in 2 different versions. one poster replied to version 1 before I deleted it by mistake.

No. My feeling is they are friends for real. Since when and for how long, i dont know.

Why would she be friends with someone linked to the murder of her father? Would she be in denial about his possible involvement or what?

Why would she be friends with someone linked to the murder of her father? Would she be in denial about his possible involvement or what?

I wonder about that too. Why did she think that LE was searching JWs property? Just for fun? I think that there are so many interpersonal relationships and so many family dynamics with this case, it is all a bit muddy.

Could be 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'? JMO

That's a distinct possibility, but for some reason they bailed on DS like fleas off Fluffy standing in the car headlights. Maybe he's sharing pics of S with them that we don't see. CG didn't flow over to the new account, and still has the ultrasound pic as his background, but his sis flowed over. Of course there could be some tenseness w/ he and CG. And there's the C cousins to the Rs, some old neighbors, and some friends from AK. Seems they're living not too far from the area, if his profile is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove