OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. All the way to the state level.

According to the article the investigation into drug trafficking began in 2014. Isn't that when the R's and W's started showing signs of an influx of money Re: the cars, new barn ect and the buying of property by both the R's and W's?

Yes, according to the story at the link

The list included:

an unnamed Scioto County Common Pleas judge

an unnamed state judge

various unnamed members of law enforcement

unnamed staff at Southern Ohio Correctional Facility (SOCF)

various levels of unnamed public officials

I'm having a hard time reading the one at the Facebook link. Wonder how the reporter got this? It's supposedly a sealed affidavit.

If there was such an extensive web of connections in Portsmouth associated with this drug/human trafficking group, there was likely a similar organization in the Chillicothe area - where many of these women also went missing and some found dead. They had connections in LE & judicial system in Scioto County to deal with arrests, etc. down there, they probably would have had similar connections in the Chillicothe area, too, to handle the same problems.

And Pike County falls right in the middle of it all.

ETA: I wonder what they're referring to by "unnamed state judge"? Common pleas judges are assigned to each county and the Scioto County Common Pleas judge is mentioned separately. The only state judges above Common Pleas Court are Court of Appeals judges (assigned to districts) and the Ohio Supreme Court. Is it possible an Ohio Supreme Court judge is involved in this?

These cases were prosecuted and investigated by federal courts, FBI and DEA. Apparently, the corruption went far enough up the power structure for LE and the Ohio justice system that the feds had to handle it.

I agree, but I've never heard of them killing an entire family. Usually they'll just cut the head off the snake, that's causing them to fret about being snitched on, and/or could cause them to go to jail, and the others in the group get the point. The more people you kill, the more chance for mistakes, that will end up leading to your arrest, and incarceration anyway. I have often wondered if a LEO was involved in the Rs and HHG murders. LEOs don't fair well in jail, and it's not uncommon to find a corrupt one, or two, in these little towns.

I continue to wonder about that possibility too. It would make perfect sense how they would have managed to get access to each home. Like if they flashed a badge and maybe even flashed a fake search warrant.

It could also explain why the dogs may not have been much trouble. Like if they accessed each home with the method described above then there would be no commotion and no hostility at first until the person just starts shooting. At which point the dogs likely would run from the loud noise of the gun going off.

Anyway I continue to think this theory is a possiblity.

I continue to wonder about that possibility too. It would make perfect sense how they would have managed to get access to each home. Like if they flashed a badge and maybe even flashed a fake search warrant.

It could also explain why the dogs may not have been much trouble. Like if they accessed each home with the method described above then there would be no commotion and no hostility at first until the person just starts shooting. At which point the dogs likely would run from the loud noise of the gun going off.

Anyway I continue to theory is a possiblity.

Right. If someone comes to the door in uniform/flashing a badge, etc. the owner is going to call the dogs off or risk being shot or arrested. CRSr and the others would have complied. Even more so if some of them posed as BCI, etc.

Is it possible that CRSr and KR were selling weed to this criminal enterprise?

What if the people that stole the cameras were the same ones investigating the murders? Could such a scenario explain why the trailers and KR's camper are still locked up? Is that being done to ensure there's no other incriminating evidence that someone else might find at the crime scenes? Just speculating, but would it also make sense to cherry pick a bit of evidence from the crime scene to send to the FBI for analysis, but insist the BCI review the rest of it?

Does anyone on the Rhoden investigation team have close connections to someone high up in the Ohio judicial system?

Thank you, those are some very good articles and an interesting affadavit just below. When I discussed this with a retired sheriff who is a member of WS, he brought up the missing women from Chillicothe and whether CRSr was an informant about drug dealing and was killed to keep the heat off other criminal activity in the area.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1576028322492000&id=1576000992494733

Affadavit is at the link, I haven't read it yet. Some good reporting.

Mearan represented her as her attorney and helped her obtain a judicial release. She further explained that he then had her parole supervision moved to Scioto County by instructing the court that the female was a dog trainer and would be living with Mearan in order to train his dogs.

The parolee, is going to live with him, so she can "train his dogs"? No one questioned that?

The parolee, is going to live with him, so she can "train his dogs"? No one questioned that?

Must have been the corrupt Scioto County judge mentioned in the documents as a target of the investigation.

“Mearan has been reported as offering his legal services, clothing, residence, food etc., to females in return for them becoming prostitutes for him and conducting sexual acts for his clients including a Portsmouth, Ohio judge, Southern Ohio Correctional Facility Staff members,and local businessmen,” the affidavit states.

ETA: Also, note the affadavit was filed in 2015, yet two years later there are still no judges or other public employees being held to account, right?

And this Michael Mearan guy is still free, practicing law, etc. How does that happen?

http://mearanlaw.net/

Some stories about him from 2009

http://rivervices.blogspot.com/2009/10/the-mearan-files.html

Must have been the corrupt Scioto County judge mentioned in the documents as a target of the investigation.

ETA: Also, note the affadavit was filed in 2015, yet two years later there are still no judges or other public employees being held to account, right?

And this Michael Mearan guy is still free, practicing law, etc. How does that happen?

http://mearanlaw.net/

Some stories about him from 2009

http://rivervices.blogspot.com/2009/10/the-mearan-files.html

Wow. It looks very likely there could be many people in high places involved in things the Rhodens may have found out about. Reader said it was something big that caused them to be murdered Amazing what goes on in that corner of Ohio...

Wow. It looks very likely there could be many people in high places involved in things the Rhodens may have found out about. Reader said it was something big that caused them to be murdered Amazing what goes on in that corner of Ohio...

Some of this stuff is surfacing recently after the Spike TV airing of their story about missing women in Chillicothe and Portsmouth.

Here's a fairly recent one about another prostitute with connections to the same group as above who was found dead just a few months ago

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/news/18785/controversy-of-dead-prostitute

Some of the same names appear in this story, too. Why is nothing happening?

We should watch all of these episodes:

http://www.spike.com/shows/gone-the-forgotten-women-of-ohio

http://www.spike.com/shows/gone-the-forgotten-women-of-ohio/episode-guide

Maybe SpikeTV are the ones who can start asking questions about the Rhoden Murders.

Yes, according to the story at the link

The list included:

an unnamed Scioto County Common Pleas judge

an unnamed state judge

various unnamed members of law enforcement

unnamed staff at Southern Ohio Correctional Facility (SOCF)

various levels of unnamed public officials

I'm having a hard time reading the one at the Facebook link. Wonder how the reporter got this? It's supposedly a sealed affidavit.

If there was such an extensive web of connections in Portsmouth associated with this drug/human trafficking group, there was likely a similar organization in the Chillicothe area - where many of these women also went missing and some found dead. They had connections in LE & judicial system in Scioto County to deal with arrests, etc. down there, they probably would have had similar connections in the Chillicothe area, too, to handle the same problems.

And Pike County falls right in the middle of it all.

ETA: I wonder what they're referring to by "unnamed state judge"? Common pleas judges are assigned to each county and the Scioto County Common Pleas judge is mentioned separately. The only state judges above Common Pleas Court are Court of Appeals judges (assigned to districts) and the Ohio Supreme Court. Is it possible an Ohio Supreme Court judge is involved in this?

These cases were prosecuted and investigated by federal courts, FBI and DEA. Apparently, the corruption went far enough up the power structure for LE and the Ohio justice system that the feds had to handle it.

I've been doing grandparent stuff so I've not gotten caught up, with reading and processing, just yet. However, from what little I've gotten through, I had a thought, which isn't always a good thing. lol This loose theory, has hung around my #3/#4 spot depending on what day it is. It has to do with some folks, who I'm not accusing, but, based on the R's connections with them, it's hard not to notice the relationship or speculate if there wasn't a business relationship there too. Remember, AW told LE about one of CR1's business associates? These folks are the first ones who came to mind. BBL is on the route, between Portsmouth, and Chillicothe. All of the Rs and HHG, have this same place in common. DR & CR2 were connected to the BBL owners, through their used vehicle sales, too. There may have been another connection, or two, that I'm forgetting, but I'll have to dig around and see if I can find links.

Yes, that place popped into my mind, too. I'm also not certain there's a connection, but its possible. AFAIK, the owner has never said anything publicly about the murders since they happened. No interviews, contributions to reward fund, nothing. That doesn't indicate guilt, but it makes you wonder. I also thought it was odd that AW was so quick to say she gave info about the business to LE, as if they didn't already have that information. Sounds a little too much like she was trying to use that as a distraction to LE. How would she know what kind of business dealings CRSr might have had with BBL? The W family's constantly changing stories will always make me regard them with suspicion.

Right. If someone comes to the door in uniform/flashing a badge, etc. the owner is going to call the dogs off or risk being shot or arrested. CRSr and the others would have complied. Even more so if some of them posed as BCI, etc.

Is it possible that CRSr and KR were selling weed to this criminal enterprise?

What if the people that stole the cameras were the same ones investigating the murders? Could such a scenario explain why the trailers and KR's camper are still locked up? Is that being done to ensure there's no other incriminating evidence that someone else might find at the crime scenes? Just speculating, but would it also make sense to cherry pick a bit of evidence from the crime scene to send to the FBI for analysis, but insist the BCI review the rest of it?

Does anyone on the Rhoden investigation team have close connections to someone high up in the Ohio judicial system?

None of the other R dogs had to be restrained, from what we are aware, except for KR's dog, Brownie. KR & Brownie, just my feeling, were probably pretty tight. Maybe Brownie recognized someone that day, or smelled a familiar smell from that night, when LE arrived on the scene, and she didn't like it. I know that they've said that animals are not capable of emotion, or of the ability to make the connection that a human fired a gun, their owner dies, and it is the fault of the man holding the firearm. But, maybe the people who wrote those pieces, hadn't had a house dog, or house cat, that they'd lived with for 15-20 years, because even my mule is capable of emotion. . Maybe they do lack the ability to put that all together but I think they could pick up that their owner was afraid of, and/or angry at, the person(s) in the room, and may react toward that person, the next time they were around them. If that makes sense.

Yes, that place popped into my mind, too. I'm also not certain there's a connection, but its possible. AFAIK, the owner has never said anything publicly about the murders since they happened. No interviews, contributions to reward fund, nothing. That doesn't indicate guilt, but it makes you wonder. I also thought it was odd that AW was so quick to say she gave info about the business to LE, as if they didn't already have that information. Sounds a little too much like she was trying to use that as a distraction to LE. How would she know what kind of business dealings CRSr might have had with BBL? The W family's constantly changing stories will always make me regard them with suspicion.

If her husband, and CR1, were as good friends, as she says, then maybe they were out huntin,' and tossin' back a few, and they got to talking business. Who knows, maybe CR1, offered to let DadW, in with him. What better way than to save Defiance Farm? Maybe CR1 has a few, and spills some info. Maybe the Ws get involved, to save their farm, something goes bad wrong, and the Rs die. The Ws see the light, and split town.

Just a thought.

Some of this stuff is surfacing recently after the Spike TV airing of their story about missing women in Chillicothe and Portsmouth.

Here's a fairly recent one about another prostitute with connections to the same group as above who was found dead just a few months ago

Maybe SpikeTV are the ones who can start asking questions about the Rhoden Murders.

They could do a miniseries The Forgotten Murders. We could contact them about this case letting them know how close this is to Chillicothe, Ohio. I did contact the producer of The Forgotten Women but there was no reply as usual....

I've been doing grandparent stuff so I've not gotten caught up, with reading and processing, just yet. However, from what little I've gotten through, I had a thought, which isn't always a good thing. lol This loose theory, has hung around my #3/#4 spot depending on what day it is. It has to do with some folks, who I'm not accusing, but, based on the R's connections with them, it's hard not to notice the relationship or speculate if there wasn't a business relationship there too. Remember, AW told LE about one of CR1's business associates? These folks are the first ones who came to mind. BBL is on the route, between Portsmouth, and Chillicothe. All of the Rs and HHG, have this same place in common. DR & CR2 were connected to the BBL owners, through their used vehicle sales, too. There may have been another connection, or two, that I'm forgetting, but I'll have to dig around and see if I can find links.

Wasn't there a medical or home care business registered in Adams County that had ties to CR1 and the BBL owner, both. The address was shown to be a building with a doctor's office, I think, and daycare business in it but the daycare didn't seem to exist. I remember looking up the place way back when....

None of the other R dogs had to be restrained, from what we are aware, except for KR's dog, Brownie. KR & Brownie, just my feeling, were probably pretty tight. Maybe Brownie recognized someone that day, or smelled a familiar smell from that night, when LE arrived on the scene, and she didn't like it. I know that they've said that animals are not capable of emotion, or of the ability to make the connection that a human fired a gun, their owner dies, and it is the fault of the man holding the firearm. But, maybe the people who wrote those pieces, hadn't had a house dog, or house cat, that they'd lived with for 15-20 years, because even my mule is capable of emotion. . Maybe they do lack the ability to put that all together but I think they could pick up that their owner was afraid of, and/or angry at, the person(s) in the room, and may react toward that person, the next time they were around them. If that makes sense.

When I was a kid, we had a beagle mix. There was one person that dog did not like. We would have to put her in a room and close the door when he was there. He was the ONLY person that dog did not like. That person tried to swindle my dad out of thousands he owed my dad for work done. Somehow that dog could sense something about the guy...
W

SpikeTV doesn't give many options for contacting them. http://www.spike.com/about/contact-us

Wasn't there a medical or home care business registered in Adams County that had ties to CR1 and the BBL owner, both. The address was shown to be a building with a doctor's office, I think, and daycare business in it but the daycare didn't seem to exist. I remember looking up the place way back when....

Yes, it was called Adams something, I'm guessing b/c it was in Adams Cnty.

[

BBM

It makes perfect sense. Dogs are pack animals that in the wild den together. When a dog lives in the home with you then you are his "pack" In the wild dogs will defend their pack against any perceived threat, including a threat from an animal they are not familiar with. There was a study many years ago (cannot even recall the name) but do remember it stating that wild dogs will bark and try to attack a vehicle even though they had never been in contact with or seen one. They just perceived it as a threat.

In KR's case, I think if someone dressed as LE or identifying themselves as such had knocked on his door that night, that even though KR may have let them in, he still would have had to restrain Brownie, so he would not have been lying in bed, but rather shot while he was at the door holding Brownie to keep her from biting the LE officer. Also I just cannot see him answering the door to a LE officer then casually going back to bed. When LE comes to your door in the middle of the night, you don't just let them in then go back to bed.

IMO whoever KR let in that night was close enough to him that he felt comfortable enough with to just climb back into bed. That speaks of a very close friend, or family. Also he had to have been comfortable with the fact that his killer was known enough to Brownie that the dog would not bite them while he lay in bed. As I said, close friend or family.

I think it was in Adams Co

If her husband, and CR1, were as good friends, as she says, then maybe they were out huntin,' and tossin' back a few, and they got to talking business. Who knows, maybe CR1, offered to let DadW, in with him. What better way than to save Defiance Farm? Maybe CR1 has a few, and spills some info. Maybe the Ws get involved, to save their farm, something goes bad wrong, and the Rs die. The Ws see the light, and split town.

Just a thought.

I think if that was the case LE would have known the W's were involved in the "business" and could possibly be in danger. I think that very public raid on W properties was to let everyone and their brother know that not only were the W's blowing town, but exactly where they were moving. I do not think LE would have did that if they thought the W's were in any danger from the killers. No, I think LE did it to let the people in Kenai and AK know that who they suspected as the killers of the R's was moving in next door to them. Don't forget that "laser focus" which in this very secretive case is paramount to DeWine naming them as suspects.

I think that reference to a mysterious "business associate" by the W's attorney was to throw suspicion off them so the people living in Kenai wouldn't watch them as close.

Indeed the W's may have used it trying to throw off LE suspicion.

[

BBM

It makes perfect sense. Dogs are pack animals that in the wild den together. When a dog lives in the home with you then you are his "pack" In the wild dogs will defend their pack against any perceived threat, including a threat from an animal they are not familiar with. There was a study many years ago (cannot even recall the name) but do remember it stating that wild dogs will bark and try to attack a vehicle even though they had never been in contact with or seen one. They just perceived it as a threat.

In KR's case, I think if someone dressed as LE or identifying themselves as such had knocked on his door that night, that even though KR may have let them in, he still would have had to restrain Brownie, so he would not have been lying in bed, but rather shot while he was at the door holding Brownie to keep her from biting the LE officer. Also I just cannot see him answering the door to a LE officer then casually going back to bed. When LE comes to your door in the middle of the night, you don't just let them in then go back to bed.

IMO whoever KR let in that night was close enough to him that he felt comfortable enough with to just climb back into bed. That speaks of a very close friend, or family. Also he had to have been comfortable with the fact that his killer was known enough to Brownie that the dog would not bite them while he lay in bed. As I said, close friend or family.

Could he have just been sitting on the bed and fell back on it when shot? Maybe he was ON the bed and not necessarily IN bed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove