OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if some were collateral damage/happened to me there. The little ones were spared but I wondered if some of the adults were killed because they could ID or give a description. jmo.

At first I wondered that. But then I got to thinking no. Because whomever did this knew the family, knew routines, knew everything. So they knew who would be there. If they just wanted one or two.. There is a million other ways to do that without wiping out 8 people.

Pike County Multiple Homicide Investigation with release of 9-1-1 audio
4/23/2016
(PIKETON, Ohio)—Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader are releasing recordings of the 9-1-1 calls made to the Pike County Sheriff's Dispatcher April 22, 2016 in the ongoing investigation into the execution-style killings of eight members of the Rhoden family in Pike County

911 Call: 04/22/2016 7:49 a.m. (MP3)

911 Call: 04/22/2016 1:26 p.m. (MP3)

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...E-Pike-County-Multiple-Homicide-Investigation
I don't know but Stone's call seemed odder than Bobby Jos to me. He was supposed to spend the night at Kenneth's, but didn't, they were supposed to work on cars early the next morning but he did not get up and go back over to Kenneth's trailer til he said he saw the news. They were supposed to work on cars starting at around 5:30 a.m. but he didn't check on him til almost 1:30pm. Kenneth had the pitbull. The pitbull was said to be ferocious to people it did not know. . . Just thought it odd.

I think Dana moving might have been taken as choosing sides. Perhaps others that might have been in on all this found themselves cut out. Maybe because they were drawing too much attention or something. The move might have been tightening the circle so to speak.

It is gorgeous here. I am in the mountains, it's so green you would be amazed. I live in a podunk town in North Georgia on the Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina border. Atlanta is 90 miles south. Chattanooga is 90 miles to the west. And yes- this is "banjo" territory :) And Atlanta is so foreign to me if I go down there I am a fish out of water. We have one red light and a few stop signs. Believe it or not, I am in tourism and rent rental cabins. We have a lot of folks that come to fish and come to the mountains to get away from the city. And they are fine as long as they stay in their lane- we need their money. But we are treated like red necks and hillbillies and like we are second class citizens to them. If I see someone driving a Cadillac Escalade around, I know they are not a local. Someone with a truck with a couple of dogs in the bed- that's going to be a local. And we have a Sheriff that's terrific here but there is a lot of hillbilly justice- folks will take care of themselves before they'll bring in the Sheriff.

I have another picture of my next door neighbor with his bear- but its dead and I don't think I can post it. Once a year they allow bear hunting to think them out. People feed them and they lose their fear of man and become a nuisance- killing peoples dogs etc. He got the biggest bear on record in Georgia and the picture made the newspaper. If I'm allowed to I will post the picture???

Please don't post the picture. That's disgusting.

Why, upon arriving, would she need to enter Chris's home. I'd think it unlikely that chicken feed and dog food were in his home....maybe in her car,tho. And no outdoor water source (spigot?). ???? What was her purpose in entering the home ? JMO
Probably saw that they were home and went over to see if they were sick or what was up. Car broke down? Kids alright? Did they need anything? At one time four families, of my family, lived within two miles of each other on the same road, in the country. If something looked a bit "off" at my siblings or parents house I'd have definitely stopped and checked. Also, if I'd been there to feed, I'd probably just stopped in to say "Hi" if their car was home.

One of the things I've enjoyed about being "transplanted" to the US north coast is spending time in Canada. Canadians are the nicest, friendliest people. Beautiful country, clean cities, less crime than in the US.

I full heartedly agree ;) And we have a cute Prime Minister!

I don't know but Stone's call seemed odder than Bobby Jos to me. He was supposed to spend the night at Kenneth's, but didn't, they were supposed to work on cars early the next morning but he did not get up and go back over to Kenneth's trailer til he said he saw the news. They were supposed to work on cars starting at around 5:30 a.m. but he didn't check on him til almost 1:30pm. Kenneth had the pitbull. The pitbull was said to be ferocious to people it did not know. . . Just thought it odd.

Didn't I read that Gary came up to help work on the cars? Maybe Stone wasn't needed because Gary showed up? :dunno:

I thought maybe she was saying something like, "Jesus help me." Does anyone else hear that?

P.S. Hello! This is my first post. I've been reading Websleuths for years, but I never had the proper type of email address to register, and then I had a lot of problems trying to register with a different type, so I just lurked and read. I'm happy to have finally officially joined. This case in particular motivated me to try again. What a horrible tragedy.

Off topic - I like your name and avatar! I was a huge Twin Peaks fan, looking forward to the new one coming out :)

If she arrived at 7am, WHY DIDN'T SHE CALL 9-11 UNTIL 7:49? I know we have discussed this. But seriously, can we discuss it more?

How long does it take to feed a few dogs and chickens? 10 minutes TOPS?

...and water and trim 200 pot plants...???

The dogs were there. We have to stop repeating that story Leonard told. (He first said they were there, and would have torn apart a murderer, so the murderer must have been known to the dogs. THEN he totally changed his story and said they weren't there. We found links to both quotes yesterday morning.) Regardless of what Leonard said, we know the dogs were there because we can see them chained up on Chris's property in the early news footage shot from helicopters just shortly after the bodies were discovered.

I think he was referring to the dogs that were in Dana's house. Two pit bulls.

And one other thing...then I will hush for a while. The supposed question of " how much did they pay you to kill your sister/family". I forgot the exact wording. Now, think about the type of person that one would have to be to even be asked that....I'm thinking you would have to have a reason to believe it was possible. So either that's one bad female or it really didn't happen as stated.

Thank you , thank you, thank you!

Gary's father never used the words "open casket", the reporter did. I still wonder as I know how often the press gets things wrong. I also would expect that the press was not allowed in the actual funeral home but were kept outside.

My brother-in-law used to run a funeral home before he died. When I was much younger, I would help him occasionally around the funeral home and I've seen bodies embalmed and prepped. I just can't fathom that anyone with 3 gunshot wounds to the head would have an open casket service. Even if low caliber rounds were used, there would be so much damage and lividity that the head would have a lot of trauma.

Off topic (again), but last year my husband and I rented a cabin in Monument Valley, Utah. He woke me up at 2 am and made me go outside to look at the stars. It was FREEZING. (Not even joking, it was around -8 degrees.) But we sat outside forever watching the sky. It was so cool. I have never seen so many stars (and shooting stars) in my life. It would be amazing to live somewhere where the sky looks like that every night. But then again, I live within 5 miles of 6 different Target stores. Target is my happy place. So I need a good Target, AND stars. LOL.

I went there too and it's one of my favorite places, and oh the stars! I've never seen so many in my life. The canyonlands and Southwest are so beautiful, I just loved it there and could so live there.

One thing I admire about the US is the dynamic geography - desert, mountains, palm trees, plains, etc. In one state we drove through (can't remember if it was Colorado or Utah) you'll have Swiss Alp mountains, red rock desert, it's like four places in one. Canada has lots of nice scenery, but not as much variety.

If the mother was getting any state aid, then the state would have child support order.
It would be difficult to get child support from someone if they operate in cash especially illegal cash/trade since it's not reported income.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We still don't know if Frankie was found in bed or not..

My Chris assumptions have more to do with the blood, possible beating and looking like he was beaten to Bobby. Also being the patriarch of the family killed.

Didn't Bobby Jo say she found her nephew in his bed, covered in blood?

Dana's house, 3 people supposedly killed in bed, had to use silencers.

And didn't the grandfather say look at custody?

How horrible the little kids are in state custody, why?

Does anyone know if Bobby and Dana were close, or maybe estranged..... Could Bobby have some resentment that Dana moved back to Union Hill? JMO

I have been trying to determine this and haven't been able to figure it out. Bobby Jo was not very active at all on FB. Dana was very active, and always telling everyone in the family that she loved them. She seems very sweet. But Bobby Jo has left us very few public clues about her personality.

It was reported the asked her "how much did they pay you to kill them?"

IF she did indeed say " don't hurt me" at the end of the call.....could she have been talking to the killer/s?
IF someone said "good job", could it have been the killer/s telling her she did a good job on the call?
Could she have surprised the killers? Could they have even held a gun to her and made her let them into Chris' trailer with the key? Maybe she was forced to participate and after the 911 call, she feared they would kill her too.

Could they have killed Kenneth first....one man alone.
Then moved to Dana's and killed them....2 women and a teenager.
Then Frankie and Hannah....1 young man and a young woman.
Last was Chris and Gary....2 strong men.
Maybe they even knew Bobby would be coming and waited for her to let them into Gary's trailer, so as not to alarm two strong men and take them by surprise.
If they had already killed the rest and then forced Bobby to let them in, then she would not know about the others yet and that is why she didn't mention them on the call. I know Leonard indicated she went to Frankie's first, but too much is contradicted, so I take that with a grain of salt.

just some new thoughts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member