GUILTY OK - Anne Josette Hill, 16, Edmond, 10 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jumping on the thread long after all of you have been working this case. I just read the first & last pages, and looked at the FB page set up to find this beautiful young woman. My initial impression is that these perps may not want the body recovered because it could potentially reveal "special circumstances" as it relates to the manner of death.

There are legal and ethical ways to turn up the heat on these two perps, and now is the time to do so.
Giddy up, LE. Time to wrap this one up.

http://www.news9.com/story/28754217/osbi-working-to-identify-body-found-on-i-40-near-hinton
I wonder if this could be Annie? About an hour and 10 minutes from Edmond to Hinton. Regardless this lady needs to make it home. I'm off to look through namus once again to see if there are any other open cases that could fit.

I didn't even think about her when I saw this last night! Everything I've read just says it appears to be a young woman that has been there for awhile. Vague, but she can't yet be ruled out based on the only 2 things we know.

I agree, right now there's too little info released. I did a quick glance at namus and I have to say that I'm kind of shocked that the majority of our missing persons since 2012 are girls between the ages of 15-17...

let me correct that because I didn't look at males. I'm shocked about how many females since 2012 have been between the age 15-17.

I didn't even think about her when I saw this last night! Everything I've read just says it appears to be a young woman that has been there for awhile. Vague, but she can't yet be ruled out based on the only 2 things we know.
I found 3 possibles who went missing this year. Annie Jo went missing too long ago if their calculations on the body are correct it has only been there at the most weeks.

Maybe a mod could make a thread for the UID so we don't have to tie up Annie Jo's thread ...please OG >wink<! Hugs~

On Friday it will be 1 year since Anne was killed. I really hope the media will run some stories on the anniversary. And I hope they ask LE about the status of Chadd's deal. Any locals have any media connections?

Annie Hill's Family Plans Celebration Of Life One Year After Disappearance

EDMOND, Oklahoma - Saturday, April 11 marks one year since Annie Jo Hill disappeared.

In the last year, Chadd Raymond, 17, pleaded guilty to his role in her murder. Prosecutors said they believe Chloe Thomas, 17, also took part in the murder.

Hill's family members said they are still waiting for the day that they can lay her to rest.

As the search for her body continues, the family is planning a celebration of life.

The Hill family rented a pavilion from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. in Fink Park in Edmond.

~Snip~

As for the search, areas of interest are Route 66 in spots where it runs parallel to I-40, and I-40 between Weatherford, OK. and Yukon, OK.

http://www.news9.com/story/28776035...ebration-of-life-one-year-after-disappearance

This is certainly new news about the search area! From Yukon to Weatherford is about 54.8 miles. Isn't that the only place where I-40 and Route 66 run parallel and are not miles apart?

Narrows it down considerably from where Chloe tried to send them, but where did the information come from this time? Chadd could certainly figure it out if he drove there and dumped her body. I am getting very impatient with the DA not getting what he needs directly from the killer while giving him a deal.

I completely agree seriousltsearching!!!! I'm kinda annoyed myself this kid hasn't had his plea revoked! Like wtf!?!??

I completely agree seriousltsearching!!!! I'm kinda annoyed myself this kid hasn't had his plea revoked! Like wtf!?!??
Yes! I don't understand at all what is going on there. What kind of deal allows him to still keep her body hidden? There is no way I believe he does not remember where he drove a dead body and dumped it. Things like that would seem to stick with a person! He has to know.

Family, Friends Mark Somber Anniversary Of Anne Hill's Disappearance At Edmond Park

EDMOND, Oklahoma - It's been one year since 16-year-old Piedmont teen Anne Hill went missing. Her mother Lori and family friends marked the somber anniversary with an event Saturday morning and afternoon at Fink Park in Edmond.

~Snip~

Thomas told investigators she helped Raymond bury Annie Hill's body in a shallow grave in a rural area next to a highway.

The problem is, they've had a hard-time figuring out which highway.

Darcie Parton-Scoon is a private investigator who's been working with Anne Hill's family. &#8220;We have gone through multiple grid searches throughout all of Edmond, north Edmond, east Edmond. We've done grid searches on I-40, I-35, for about 200 miles.&#8221; Scoon said the family is looking for help in hiring cadaver search dog teams.

http://www.news9.com/story/28778764...ry-of-anne-hills-disappearance-at-edmond-park

This clarifies it! Chadd has not talked and given them directions to the body! Deal?! PFFFFT! What did Chadd really give up in that "deal"?! I am outraged! GRRRR!

I wonder if they are going to start some type of fund to get cadaver dogs to search for Annie Jo? Can't LE give them that type of support with their own teams? Who pays for them during other searches for missing people?

How does a grid search work when a body is buried?

How does a grid search work when a body is buried?
A grid search is pretty simple. They plot out squares of land and as the "grid" is cleared...they continue in a methodical search....one square at a time. Some of the more intense searches include people standing at arm's length together and going through the property literally in a line. (You probably know all this, but someone else may not. ;))

When looking for a burial site, they will keep an eye out for places where the earth appears either mounded or depressed. They will watch for disturbances in the dirt or surroundings. Cadaver dogs are a faster way to find a buried body or the use of OSBI's new toy...a ground-penetrating radar they bought for $20k! They wouldn't use the machine on random sites or for grid searches, but would if there is a belief the body is actually in the direct vicinity.

Thanks so much, SeriouslySearching! I only knew the basics of a grid search. Your post is very informative. I guess it is too expensive to use the ground radar very much but it would be so nice if they could. I imagine so many of our missing could be found.

I thought they didn't bury Anne? They covered her in branches and loose brush.

I thought they didn't bury Anne? They covered her in branches and loose brush.
At this point, who knows?! I think Chloe has been lying about where they left her and I guess Chadd hasn't talked at all. If they left her covered in branches and loose brush, I would think either a hunter or animals would have helped to uncover her location by now. However, sometimes it takes years before remains are found on accident by someone out in the woods or properties.

Annie Hill's Family Plans Celebration Of Life One Year After Disappearance

Snipped
As for the search, areas of interest are Route 66 in spots where it runs parallel to I-40, and I-40 between Weatherford, OK. and Yukon, OK.

http://www.news9.com/story/28776035...ebration-of-life-one-year-after-disappearance

This is certainly new news about the search area! From Yukon to Weatherford is about 54.8 miles. Isn't that the only place where I-40 and Route 66 run parallel and are not miles apart?

Narrows it down considerably from where Chloe tried to send them, but where did the information come from this time? Chadd could certainly figure it out if he drove there and dumped her body. I am getting very impatient with the DA not getting what he needs directly from the killer while giving him a deal.
I'm very familiar with this area. Hwy 66 between Yukon and El Reno is about 1/4 mile from I-40, and west of El Reno it is about the same, maybe 1/2 mile in some places, most of the way to Weatherford.

Honestly, 66 would be a good spot if you didn't want to be caught. Not a lot of night traffic. Far less than the interstate, which is within sight along most of 66 out that way.

But I really don't think they went that far that night. This would be quite a drive from Edmond. There are plenty of more convenient places, closer to Edmond/No. OKC.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pdxtrumpet1926
Back