OK OK - Tony Day, 46, Jones, 3 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KeepTheFaith...

Thanks so much for the info and updates...

but, man...that info really throws a wrench into the whole story.

From what I have learned here I never would have thought this man would walk away. I'm going to have to go back and read up again, but he just didn't seem to be the kind of guy who would leave his child behind. That's the part of this that I just cannot reconcile. Unless all of the info we have learned about Tony was questionable?

This whole thing just really has me confused.

KeepTheFaith, how well do you know BD?
Not very well. Her son and mine played baseball together, but we really never talked. When I found out about Tony, it broke my heart and I reached out to her and offered her my help. I have tried to keep in touch with her as much as possible, to check on her and the kids, and to see if there was any new info on Tony.

I am confused as everyone else! I don't know what to believe now!

I keep pondering this over and over in my head!! I have a hard time believing that the guy we have read about on this thread would willingly take off and leave his young daughter without, in the least, saying goodbye. Especially the day before he was supposed to gain custody of her. I thought I read where he was excited and looking forward to that. That in itself would make him a real in my book if he really did just up and dump his little girl. I have to go back to see how old his daughter is....

I just don't believe that Tony walked away...

Maybe its denial on my part, and I admittedly am out of the loop on LE details, but after working with the guy for ten hours a day, five days a week, for a year... I don't believe it...

I know very little new info, frankly here at work, I have had to move on... but I check this site a lot... talk to his brother from time to time... and keep up as much as possible...

Maybe Tony was just presenting himself to me differently than he actually was ... but I find it hard to believe that after a year of working with him...

This guy raved about his son (who is in the military), and about his dad, (who lived next door), and especially about how excited he was to get custody of his little girl, (with tears in his eyes many times)...

The text messages from BD stink to me... and leave me very uneasy...

I don't know Brenda well, I have only spoken with her less than a dozen times, but I felt like I knew Tony pretty well...

Unless I have heard from LE or seen evidence myself that Tony is living somewhere else, etc... I am not going to believe it... too much just doesn't add up for me...

Short of a complete and total irrational breakdown... I don't see it...otherwise the guy should win an oscar for the most believable performance over a year's time...

On the other hand... not to start any fires... but perhaps because of my personal attachment to Tony, and out of respect for him, I may have been in denial about BD...

Is it possible she may have been involved in the disappearance?

Until today... I have never really seriouisly considered it...

Again... I have no way of testing the reliability of text messages I haven't seen with my own eyes... but I have spent many hours, and conversations with tony personally for a year...

I just don't believe he walked away ...

I would love to see, hear from LE any actual evidence... other than testimony from BD...

All in all something stinks bad here....

When I read the FIRST page of this thread, I thought of Nicholas Francisco from Seattle. Then when I got to the end, well, it seems my "feeling" may have been right. Remember John VanDyke? He did the same thing in Nevada. His wife was at one point trying to make it a crime to voluntarily disappear..."Maliciously Missing" is the term I do believe. I hope this isnt the case, but for some reason I "felt" it right away...My heart goes out to the family he leaves behind..

ETA: I hope Im wrong. This was just my feeling...

KeepTheFaith...

When you earlier spoke in person with BD, did she act hurried or anxious to get off the telephone when asked questions? I'm just trying to get a feel for her in accordance with A. Peterson's post.

So Tony up and leaves his father, son and little girl behind?

Dang, my laptop won't play videos today...I wanted to go back and view the one of BD again to see if anything pops out.

This really has me questioning a lot of things....and I don't know where to start...

KeepTheFaith...

When you earlier spoke in person with BD, did she act hurried or anxious to get off the telephone when asked questions? I'm just trying to get a feel for her in accordance with A. Peterson's post.

So Tony up and leaves his father, son and little girl behind?

Dang, my laptop won't play videos today...I wanted to go back and view the one of BD again to see if anything pops out.

This really has me questioning a lot of things....and I don't know where to start...

Im not believing Tony left on his own accord, until there is evidence. I know people do it but they dont park their car in the middle of an interestion, leave a cryptic message for the wife, kiss of the perfect opportunity to gain custody of a child, leave a new home, wife, and your very own father who you have known your whole life. A good job. For what? A life on the run? A secret lover? (im sure he is of the age to know secret love trysts dont ususally work out)

The wife's tune has changed and its very strange. I would never take a text or 2nd hand knowledge as fact but it seems as though she might be. What if whoever is telling her he left voluntairly is lieing? Or mistaken? And it causes the search for him to halt and become compromised??

I echo your thoughts exactly glitterghost ...

What if LE or the pressure of LE to respond is lessened by such flippancy?

I think from a rational standpoint, and from the evidence it is extremely careless for anyone to assume that he just "flipped, and ran off", in fact all the evidence points to fishiness, and given some of the inconsitent testimonies, even more fishy... hmm...

That is unless someone knows something we don't, but it seems no one is sharing evidence that would support that ...

Text messages, and opinions, are not conclusive at all... especially without any evidence to support those opinions, be they flippant or not...

If anyone has anything concrete... it would be good share, otherwise... I am going with the evidence...

It is assumptions and opinions without evidence that often tend to muddle things rather than being helpful...

I keep going back to BD and how she basically, if I understand it correctly, brushes off additional (text message) questioning from KeepTheFaith. She's willing to answer one or two questions, from what I can ascertain. After that she no longer responds.

I believe that if I had been unceremonously "left in the lurch" by my husband, I sincerely doubt that I would brush questions aside....I am quite sure that I would continue to be absolutely furious and would be for a very long time. And, maybe it's just me, but I have no doubt that I would probably be re-hashing the situation and voicing my fury with anyone and everyone that would listen. (That's just me, I guess!)

At first I thought that maybe such a length of time had passed that BD just doesn't want to discuss it any further. That's quite possible. But it really doesn't coincide with "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", an adage to which I subcscribe!. I find it very hard to believe that this short 3 months has lessened BD's outrage, especially after having to move the family residence due to dwindling finances.

I agree, the situation is similar to the Francisco jackazz from Seattle, but the two men seem so entirely different. I just can't wrap my mind around this.

If anything, time would probably have allowed the reality of the lousy situation he left BD in to sink in hard and fast. It's hard to believe that she would be quite so complacent after all of this emotional turmoil and financial upheaval.....therefore creating unnecessary chaos for the poor kids involved. Not to mention the poor daughter who was supposed to begin living with Tony and BD the day after he disappeared.

I guarantee I would track him to the ends of the earth in order to have the satisfaction of confronting him, having my say and giving him an earful!!

What a mystery.

IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

Im not believing Tony left on his own accord, until there is evidence. I know people do it but they dont park their car in the middle of an interestion, leave a cryptic message for the wife, kiss of the perfect opportunity to gain custody of a child, leave a new home, wife, and your very own father who you have known your whole life. A good job. For what? A life on the run? A secret lover? (im sure he is of the age to know secret love trysts dont ususally work out)

The wife's tune has changed and its very strange. I would never take a text or 2nd hand knowledge as fact but it seems as though she might be. What if whoever is telling her he left voluntairly is lieing? Or mistaken? And it causes the search for him to halt and become compromised??

My office is calling the PD again today. They did not return a call yesterday. For one, it's not a crime to up and leave everything behind and just go "missing" which is why if that is the case that could explain the no media reports. However, like you...I would not take a text message as the communicative tool as to what is going on. For one, who knows who could be texting back? Maybe it's not BD. Just as an example. I agree to not jump to too many conclusions until more information is available. While it's possible, I find it unlikely in my opinion, that he voluntarily took off like that. There are many other ways and it just doesn't "fit the picture" of those who knew him well.

I echo your thoughts exactly glitterghost ...

What if LE or the pressure of LE to respond is lessened by such flippancy?

I think from a rational standpoint, and from the evidence it is extremely careless for anyone to assume that he just "flipped, and ran off", in fact all the evidence points to fishiness, and given some of the inconsitent testimonies, even more fishy... hmm...

That is unless someone knows something we don't, but it seems no one is sharing evidence that would support that ...

Text messages, and opinions, are not conclusive at all... especially without any evidence to support those opinions, be they flippant or not...

If anyone has anything concrete... it would be good share, otherwise... I am going with the evidence...

It is assumptions and opinions without evidence that often tend to muddle things rather than being helpful...

I just got off the phone with BD... Keep in mind, I am only conveying what was said...

~Tonys family had been calling and harrassing her, so she got her number changed.

~After Tonys family FORCED her to move out of her and Tonys house (their house was in Tonys brothers name) she has since moved and is no longer worrying about them coming over to harrass her.

~weeks before Tony went missing, he was receiving multiple text messages from a lady from Arkansas. Text messages included things like "I thought you loved me", "Pack your bag and come stay with me", "I can't wait to see you".
BD said that she read them one day and confronted Tony about them. BD said that Tony told her he didn't know who it was so he called the person sending them and they had the wrong number.

~BD said that she called the OSBI and they wouldn't tell her anything other than they think he is still alive

~BD said that her "cop friend" told her " You are brave for all you have done, all I can say is to file for a divorce and never look back".

~ BD said that she had been calling Tonys phone and checking the messages since his disappearance, now the messages have already been checked or deleted. She was told that his phone was being forwarded to another phone, but there was no way to track his new phone.

~BD said that her "cop friend" did a check on his social security number, and it is not being used, but informed her that it is not very difficult to obtain a new number or a new identity.

~BD also said that she doesn't know if Tony is with the EX bacause she and little girl have not been seen since 12/4 (date of hearing). She said the EX family is from Atoka, OK and Arkansas...BD said he could very well be with her and his daughter...with a new identity.

(I did a check on OSCN.net to see about Redas marriage the day of court hearing...she filed for a marriage license, but it was never returned signed, or filed)

~BD was told to move on with her life and that is what she has done. She said that she likes her new place, kids are happy now, she doesn't have to worry about the "drama" from his family, and she got her a new job.

I have spoken with some of Tony and BD family and friends, and from what they have told me, Tony and BD are very unstable (these are opinions, not facts) .Tony has been through several marriages, and the joke with the family was "Who is Tony marrying TODAY?" BD has had several family issues, and issues with Exes. BUT none of us KNOW exactly how they are and what front (if any)they are putting on. Take John Wayne Gacy, and Dorthea Puente for example. Both of those people had normal lives, had friends, family, good jobs, etc. No one thought they could or would be serial killers...they had everyone fooled, including their family and best friends.
I am not saying this of Tony or BD, but I am saying that we don't know the mentality and motives of others. I hope that eventually, the truth will surface! In the mean time, I am going to stick to my conclusion that someone is lying, or with holding information, and I am not so sure who is to believe...things DON'T add up...from BD or Tonys standpoint.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION whether it 'muddles things or helps them'. Either way, this case needs to be investigated a little more closely...if Tony is alive, that is WONDERFUL news, but people need to know that so they can move on with their lives...BUT if Tony is dead or missing, JUSTICE NEEDS TO BE SERVED!

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION whether it 'muddles things or helps them'. Either way, this case needs to be investigated a little more closely...if Tony is alive, that is WONDERFUL news, but people need to know that so they can move on with their lives...BUT if Tony is dead or missing, JUSTICE NEEDS TO BE SERVED!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
'snipped respectfully'

Boy. It gets curiouser and curiouser.

I was all set thinking that Tony was waylaid by ex gf's family.
(although I did have a what the hey reaction to Brenda when Tony first went missing....something did not ring true)

And now, although no one has any proof that Tony just decided to walk away
from his life in Jones, OK, take up with a new gf or an old one....
If Brenda is to be believed,
then Tony's family is against her, forced her out of the house she was living in,
have been harrassing her by phone calls or texts.

Tony had texts from a woman in AK. Brenda thinks Tony could be with
the ex gf and his daughter.

And Tony's cell phone has been checked by Brenda.
Obviously this means the account is being paid for.
And there should be some way to track
if a number is being forwarded.
???

I know if someone chooses to go missing, then it is their right, but
geez, Tony, if that's the case, just call someone, maybe Jones police dept
or OSBI and just say, I'm okay.

IMO:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
'snipped respectfully'

Boy. It gets curiouser and curiouser.

I was all set thinking that Tony was waylaid by ex gf's family.
(although I did have a what the hey reaction to Brenda when Tony first went missing....something did not ring true)

And now, although no one has any proof that Tony just decided to walk away
from his life in Jones, OK, take up with a new gf or an old one....
If Brenda is to be believed,
then Tony's family is against her, forced her out of the house she was living in,
have been harrassing her by phone calls or texts.

Tony had texts from a woman in AK. Brenda thinks Tony could be with
the ex gf and his daughter.

And Tony's cell phone has been checked by Brenda.
Obviously this means the account is being paid for.
And there should be some way to track
if a number is being forwarded.
???

I know if someone chooses to go missing, then it is their right, but
geez, Tony, if that's the case, just call someone, maybe Jones police dept
or OSBI and just say, I'm okay.

IMO:

From what I was told by a member of LE, if Tony went to the OSBI and told them he was alive and well, and that he did not want to have anything to do with Brenda or that he felt like his life was in danger, then all the OSBI is obligated to do is tell Brenda that he is alive and they do not have to give further details.
Now, I haven't spoke with OSBI myself, so that has not been confirmed.

Im quite divided on this. I understand that the friend who is telling BD to move on is a cop but its still NOT coming officially from LE. Wouldnt LE have the same access to info as the cop friend?

So..the ex and the child have not been seen or heard from since he went missing? Well, what about her new "husband"? And in this case, wouldnt she and the child be considered missing as well?

Now here is my biggest question: why would his family boot BD out of the new home? WHY? How far along into Tony's disappearance did they do this? Do they know Tony is safe and are following orders to rid of BD so he can start anew elsewhere?

Certainly in a MP case LE can trace calls to an Arkansas woman and determine wether this was in fact a wrong number or not.

Seems every bit of info is open at the seams and nothing is factual. Its maddening. I think it should be the law to write a Dear John letter if one choose to leave. And if they dont their case will be pursued as a MP case.

I say keep this case open for his own safety, just in case someone is behind all this, lying, and he is dead, hurt, injured somewhere.

I just got off the phone with BD... Keep in mind, I am only conveying what was said...

~Tonys family had been calling and harrassing her, so she got her number changed.

~After Tonys family FORCED her to move out of her and Tonys house (their house was in Tonys brothers name) she has since moved and is no longer worrying about them coming over to harrass her.

~weeks before Tony went missing, he was receiving multiple text messages from a lady from Arkansas. Text messages included things like "I thought you loved me", "Pack your bag and come stay with me", "I can't wait to see you".
BD said that she read them one day and confronted Tony about them. BD said that Tony told her he didn't know who it was so he called the person sending them and they had the wrong number.

~BD said that she called the OSBI and they wouldn't tell her anything other than they think he is still alive

~BD said that her "cop friend" told her " You are brave for all you have done, all I can say is to file for a divorce and never look back".

~ BD said that she had been calling Tonys phone and checking the messages since his disappearance, now the messages have already been checked or deleted. She was told that his phone was being forwarded to another phone, but there was no way to track his new phone.

~BD said that her "cop friend" did a check on his social security number, and it is not being used, but informed her that it is not very difficult to obtain a new number or a new identity.

~BD also said that she doesn't know if Tony is with the EX bacause she and little girl have not been seen since 12/4 (date of hearing). She said the EX family is from Atoka, OK and Arkansas...BD said he could very well be with her and his daughter...with a new identity.

(I did a check on OSCN.net to see about Redas marriage the day of court hearing...she filed for a marriage license, but it was never returned signed, or filed)

~BD was told to move on with her life and that is what she has done. She said that she likes her new place, kids are happy now, she doesn't have to worry about the "drama" from his family, and she got her a new job.

I have spoken with some of Tony and BD family and friends, and from what they have told me, Tony and BD are very unstable (these are opinions, not facts) .Tony has been through several marriages, and the joke with the family was "Who is Tony marrying TODAY?" BD has had several family issues, and issues with Exes. BUT none of us KNOW exactly how they are and what front (if any)they are putting on. Take John Wayne Gacy, and Dorthea Puente for example. Both of those people had normal lives, had friends, family, good jobs, etc. No one thought they could or would be serial killers...they had everyone fooled, including their family and best friends.
I am not saying this of Tony or BD, but I am saying that we don't know the mentality and motives of others. I hope that eventually, the truth will surface! In the mean time, I am going to stick to my conclusion that someone is lying, or with holding information, and I am not so sure who is to believe...things DON'T add up...from BD or Tonys standpoint.

IF there's truth in what BD & friends/family are saying & doing, it certainly explains a complete lack of getting & keeping Tony's case publicized.....and makes me wonder what exactly others, such as the church pastor, may know....we've followed MP cases where the perp is intimately involved w/ the MP but others had no idea that there could be anything but foul play & *still* went forward w/ expressing concern publicly & asking for tips/leads & help for the family.

From my desk here in TX, it does seem that everyone has just moved on with "oh welllll". :banghead:

Im quite divided on this. I understand that the friend who is telling BD to move on is a cop but its still NOT coming officially from LE. Wouldnt LE have the same access to info as the cop friend?

So..the ex and the child have not been seen or heard from since he went missing? Well, what about her new "husband"? And in this case, wouldnt she and the child be considered missing as well?

Now here is my biggest question: why would his family boot BD out of the new home? WHY? How far along into Tony's disappearance did they do this? Do they know Tony is safe and are following orders to rid of BD so he can start anew elsewhere?

Certainly in a MP case LE can trace calls to an Arkansas woman and determine wether this was in fact a wrong number or not.

Seems every bit of info is open at the seams and nothing is factual. Its maddening. I think it should be the law to write a Dear John letter if one choose to leave. And if they dont their case will be pursued as a MP case.

I say keep this case open for his own safety, just in case someone is behind all this, lying, and he is dead, hurt, injured somewhere.

First, I agree that this case needs to stay open, and the LE needs to dig deeper into the investigation.

According to BD, it was around a month after Tony disappeared that his family told her to get out of the house (the house was in Tonys brothers name because BD said they didn't have very good credit). She said that her and Tony had a storage shed by their house and the only ones who had a key to it was Tony and his brother. BD said that she had asked Tonys brother if he could open the shed so she could get some items out (the shed only had Tony and BD personal items in it), and his brother told her that she was not to get anything out of the shed because those were his brothers belongings, and Tony would want him to have them. BD had said that the brother came to her one day and told her that he wanted her out. She said that she had been paying the rent and she had every right to stay. Tonys brother reminded her that she was short by $53, therefore he had every right to remove her. BD also reported that while she was not home, Tonys family had been in her house, which led her to change the locks on the doors (which his family was not very happy with that).
Again, I am only conveying what has been said to me. If her relationship with the family was indeed rocky, I don't blame her for wanting to move out. She said that Tonys family members would either come over to harrass her or call or text her. BD said that they would say stuff to her like "I can't believe you are doing this", "Look what you have done to our family", "Why wont you let us see our grandkids?", "We don't want you here, you are no longer a part of our family"... I don't understand why the relationship between BD and Tonys family would sour like this. According to BD, before he disapeared, they all got along really good, and she spent many dinners with them at their homes and they grew very fond of BD's children.

Honestly, I don't understand any of it!

Boy, oh boy, I never saw that coming, KeepTheFaith...you are just full of surprised!!

I never in a million years would have even thought that he could be with the ex and his child under an assumed name. Wow, what a tangled web...that would make more sense to me than him just up and leaving kids. I would bet the family knows his whereabouts since they forced BD out of the brothers' house. The family dynamics are odd, to say the least, but that would explain the sudden move of residences.

Also I agree with Glitter...where's the ex's husband? Is he accounted for?

KeepTheFaith, thank you so much for making the call(s) and keeping us informed. This case really has bothered me because I have felt so awful for that daughter of his.

Wow, this case has me stumped! Someone's lying but who???

Boy, oh boy, I never saw that coming, KeepTheFaith...you are just full of surprised!!

I never in a million years would have even thought that he could be with the ex and his child under an assumed name. Wow, what a tangled web...that would make more sense to me than him just up and leaving kids. I would bet the family knows his whereabouts since they forced BD out of the brothers' house. The family dynamics are odd, to say the least, but that would explain the sudden move of residences.

Also I agree with Glitter...where's the ex's husband? Is he accounted for?

KeepTheFaith, thank you so much for making the call(s) and keeping us informed. This case really has bothered me because I have felt so awful for that daughter of his.

Wow, this case has me stumped! Someone's lying but who???

As far as the Ex's marriage goes, I pulled the info up on OSCN.net and according to the court dockets Reda only filed for a marriage license (on the day Tony disappeared). In the State of OK, in order to be granted a marriage, the license has to be signed (by pastor, Justice of peace, etc) and returned within 10 days to file with the court and issue a marriage certificate. This was NOT done, therefore RJ WAS NOT married on that day.

As always its like the game of Clue. You would think the investigators on this case would be banging down doors trying to find the EX to interrogate her to get to the bottom of this. Rule her in or rule her out but dont let her just fly off the radar. How hard can it be to track her down? They have better resources than anyone. And cant they lo0k into the strange marriage certificate? Odd timing, possible motive (for what IDK).

There are definitly some serious tensions going on between BD and his family. As they say, there are 3 sides. His side, her side, and the truth. From hearing her side only it does sound like his family may know of Tony's wherabouts. And their lack of compassion for her, well, they are either straight up cold kooks or there is another side to be told.

It would be adventageous to everyone including LE to jump into this case hard right NOW so it dosent end up on a cold case reality show 10 years from now.

Well...

there is a lot of hearsay going on here...

one thing I can tell you for sure... verified is that Tony never made a call to Arkansas... didn't happen according to LE from his phone records...

It seems to me like someone wants others to believe he just up and left...

I have talked to the brother... they have good reason for wanting BD to leave... and out of respect... I won't share why ...

If the brother knows Tony's whereabouts... he sure doesn't act like it... because he is still looking, as well as Tony's Mom and Dad...

It seems to me now like BD is lying... period... for reasons I don't understand...

I am sorry Keep the Faith... but if BD is your only source... it seems as if what she is saying, and what Tony's other family is saying have major issues being consistent...

I don't know who is lying... but BD's testimony stinks...

Well...

there is a lot of hearsay going on here...

one thing I can tell you for sure... verified is that Tony never made a call to Arkansas... didn't happen according to LE from his phone records...

It seems to me like someone wants others to believe he just up and left...

I have talked to the brother... they have good reason for wanting BD to leave... and out of respect... I won't share why ...

If the brother knows Tony's whereabouts... he sure doesn't act like it... because he is still looking, as well as Tony's Mom and Dad...

It seems to me now like BD is lying... period... for reasons I don't understand...

I am sorry Keep the Faith... but if BD is your only source... it seems as if what she is saying, and what Tony's other family is saying have major issues being consistent...

I don't know who is lying... but BD's testimony stinks...

As of 6p today, I spoke with Tonys cousin. She said she called Tonys mom last night to get updates...
Tonys mom said that she had been advised NOT to speak about the info she obtained from OSBI. Also, she said that they were moving but would not say where...
My info does not only come from BD, and I have no special relationship with BD to try to make anyone change their opinions. Apparently, the family is not able to say what they know. Period.
Like I have said before, I am only conveying the messages. I have absolutely no biased opinions. I have been just as concerned, if not more for Tony, than I have for BD.
Do I think Tonys family member source is lying...I think not. All I know is that mom has been advised not to speak of info obtained from OSBI...
I dont like what is going on here either and I think that both sides have with held a lot of info.
Something indeed stinks here...and there is no way to tell until the truth unfolds.
And A. Peterson, I agree with you on some of your points...there are alot of inconsistancies with BDs stories, and she may be lying or with holding inf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Who_knows_18
Back