OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-b06de2496f144715_custom_665xauto.jpg

Janitor Bill Tandy walks past Kyron Horman's classroom at Skyline Elementary School in the early hours of June 7, 2010.

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

The stairs are right by his class. I would be interested in knowing if that large window overlooks the parking lot.
I enlarged the photo and it appears to be looking out over the area with the soccer net.

Fire laws require two or more exits from the second floor, and very early on someone stated that Kyron went up one staircase and his sm went up the other to go back toward his room.

By law it would have to have an elevator, too.

Clearly Kyron had observed the electricity exhibit. He thought it was awesome and he wanted to spend more time looking at it. My kids used to do this at the Carnegie Science Museum. I would make them observe the entire museum and then before the museum closed we would return to spend the last few minutes staring at T-Rex (with a lot of other children that begged their moms to return to this exhibit). I wonder if someone didn't promise to return with Kyron to see the electricity exhibit for a remaining few minutes. Sadly, we sadly don't know if this exhibit was near an exit.

Xlnt thought Pensfan, I keep coming back to that because the last words spoken by Kyron that we know of was that was where he was heading. That has to mean something to investigators, right? And I also bet someone at the school saw something that if it got out might put a major damper on the investigation. After all, I think the FBI profile is the ultimate ruler here. They do know how this perp would react to learning something that might tell a possible tale on him. And it is why they have concentrated in those woods in that small confined area.

I wonder if he had been looking at projects in another room and someone had mentioned to him they would edxplain the electrical project to him. So he walked down the hall, passing his classroom where Tanner said Hi to him, proceeded down the stairs to the electrical project.

Also, class started at 10 am that day. I think the sighting at 9 of him by the south door, outside, may mean nothing. That is if Tanner is right at it was at the beginning of class that he saw Kyron walk past his schoolroom door. IMO

Similar thoughts here winter. I was thinking of a Shawn Hornbeck type situation whereby Kyron might have been abducted and, like Shawn's abductor, he/she may be keeping him alive. The SD's words could very well have been carefully and thoughtfully chosen in order to counter things that an abductor may be telling Kyron. (i.e., your family doesn't love you, they won't miss you, etc.) I also wondered if the SD's words, "we believe in you" was a message to Kyron actually telling him "they believe him" - perhaps something had occurred before that day (June 4th), something that frightened Kyron (i.e., a threatening/scary phone call Kyron may have answered, a vehicle/person that approached him when he was outside playing, etc.) enough to tell someone (an adult/parent) but it wasn't taken seriously (or rather, seriously enough). This could be a way for the family to tell Kyron that, not only do they believe him, they know that somebody has him, they're looking for him, and they'll find him ("keep up the hope"). And Dear Lord I hope they do soon!

JMHO ~

Just dawned on me that perhaps LE is hoping/thinking he was "sold" as opposed to other scenarios.

in an early thread it was brought out that his classroom was near an unsecured exit door

So, then it IS possible that the SM waved goodbye and proceeded to the parking lot to get into her truck?car?, Kyron kept walking down the stairs and out the other door.

I enlarged the photo and it appears to be looking out over the area with the soccer net.

There has been a parent who said that his classroom was at the north end of the building. You may be onto something.

And I also bet someone at the school saw something that if it got out might put a major damper on the investigation. After all, I think the FBI profile is the ultimate ruler here. They do know how this perp would react to learning something that might tell a possible tale on him. And it is why they have concentrated in those woods in that small confined area.

I think you are correct.

phskylineab115jpg-436df3c4a1b34eb5_large.jpg

Search and rescue team members from the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office search railroad tracks along U.S. 30 between Cornelius Pass and Sauvie Island.

Once we determined that this search could take some time, it was discussed what that really meant to them and how long this could be,

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/post_109.html

The pic tells me they are looking for evidence and I find the above statement by LE odd.

I think when all is told we are going to be surprised at how well LE has handled this and kept a lid on everything.

Search and rescue team members from the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office search railroad tracks along U.S. 30 between Cornelius Pass and Sauvie Island.

Once we determined that this search could take some time, it was discussed what that really meant to them and how long this could be,

The pic tells me they are looking for evidence and I find the above statement by LE odd.

It sure does,doesn't it?

By law it would have to have an elevator, too.

Very few of these old Portland schools have elevators. I bet they are grandfathered in. The cost to retrofit all the old schools with elevators would be prohibitive.

I think when all is told we are going to be surprised at how well LE has handled this and kept a lid on everything.

I think they either know
1) so much they are hiding to build evidence and find him

2) nothing and they are trying to hide that from us

I really think it is #1, at this point.

Just some observations, as I drove past Kyron's school late this afternoon.

A lot of vehicles parked at the firestation, just down the road from the school and more police, search & rescue vehicles, along with KOIN news van parked across from the school, by the church. The school's notice board reads: 'June 11 School Spirit Day. We thank you all for your support'

More sheriff and search & rescue cars along the road to the quarry, which had an officer parked, blocking the entrance. The grange hall, ~ a mile east has a sign up saying: Private Property - No media, no press.

At the small store on Cornelius Pass Road and Skyline, there were several men who looked like they were taking a break. Wearing 'Deschutes County Search & Rescue' vests along with heavy clothing and boots. While I was in the store more searchers stopped there as well.

There are large 'banners' with Kyron's picture, printed with (I believe they said) 'Please help find Kyron' - noticed one when entering Hwy. 26 in Hillsboro and another next to the 'entering Portland' sign.

All the police/searchers looked very grim, as would be expected of course.

I know just how rural this area is, but when you look at it thinking Kyron could be lost or injured out there, it strikes you just how much territory there is to search and how difficult it must be. Seeing the signs just made me feel more frustrated as we all want to help but not much we can actually do.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Kyron's family. How horrible it must be, day after day, not knowing where he is or what may have happened to him. Your imagination would be such a torment.

Look at the statement from the POV of collecting info.

Xlnt thought Pensfan, I keep coming back to that because the last words spoken by Kyron that we know of was that was where he was heading. That has to mean something to investigators, right? And I also bet someone at the school saw something that if it got out might put a major damper on the investigation. After all, I think the FBI profile is the ultimate ruler here. They do know how this perp would react to learning something that might tell a possible tale on him. And it is why they have concentrated in those woods in that small confined area.

I wonder if he had been looking at projects in another room and someone had mentioned to him they would edxplain the electrical project to him. So he walked down the hall, passing his classroom where Tanner said Hi to him, proceeded down the stairs to the electrical project.

Also, class started at 10 am that day. I think the sighting at 9 of him by the south door, outside, may mean nothing. That is if Tanner is right at it was at the beginning of class that he saw Kyron walk past his schoolroom door. IMO

BBM
The profile may show how the perp would act if a tale was told about him/her, however concentrating on those heavy woods and brush has been expended to areas much farther away. So, what does that tell us? lol

You live near the area scandi - don't you? What can you tell us about the area being searched called...Suave? TIA moo

-b06de2496f144715_custom_665xauto.jpg

Janitor Bill Tandy walks past Kyron Horman's classroom at Skyline Elementary School in the early hours of June 7, 2010.

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1_3.html

The stairs are right by his class. I would be interested in knowing if that large window overlooks the parking lot.

Based on the scenery out the window and the shape of the window, I believe that Kyron's classroom is where the #1 is in this picture. I also believe that the door at the bottom of the stairs is the unsecured exit. You can see the door and the window directly above it.

schoolresized.jpg

Hi all, I am a newbie here as well but have become so engrossed in the disappearance of Kyron. It breaks my heart to read not only about this sweet little boy, but so many sweet, innocent, babies becoming victim to tragedy. i have a lot of questions, (as I think we all do as evident by the many many posts and threads) but mostly I am here because I can relate to having my 7 year old son disappear from school. I wanted to share with all of you what happened with my kiddo because things happen so easily and quickly sometimes it is frightening. I apologize for the long post but I feel like I really need to share our story. If nothing else, for awareness.

Last September, on a Friday afternoon, I received a call at work from my husband. It was 4:30 and my youngest son who I'll refer to as "R" (age 7 - second grade) did not come home on the bus. The bus is always at our house by 4:10. Ironically, it was the first time, EVER, my oldest son rode a different bus home with a friend and was not on the bus with my youngest. It's 4:30 and my little one didn't make it home. FWIW the busses here stop at every driveway. So, I immediately called the school - praying someone would answer b/c technically school is over at 4:00 and it was a Friday afternoon afterall. The secretary answers (thankfully!) and I explain that R didn't come home on the bus and asked if he was still at school. The secretary put me on hold and came back to the line to say R was not there. I'm starting to panic a little but still in control. So with my office phone in one hand and cell in the other, I call my husband back to tell him to call the bus barn to get in touch with our bus driver. In the meantime the secretary tells me that one of the teachers saw R get on the bus. Ok, great. I'm so relieved. However, my husband calls me back to say that he just heard from the bus director that in speaking with our driver R did not get on our bus. I am still on the phone with the secretary as she had ask me to hold the line with her until my husband confirmed R being on the bus. It's now 4:45 and my son has been, in my mind, missing since 4:00 PM. I tell the secretary I'm calling 911... get this, she tried to talk me out of it!!! I told her to stay on the line with me I'm calling 911. By this point I feel utterly frantic. I have two phones to my ear, office and cell and after giving all of the details to the 911 operator... I start calling everyone I know to find out if they saw R. My husband and I spend the next 20 minutes trying to find him. By now, a co-worker of mine has offered to drive me to the school so I can keep trying to get in touch with someone, anyone, who might know where he is.

Let me tell you, I was not holding it together well at all. I literally felt like I could jump out of the car and run to the school faster. I needed to be there, NOW! I have never felt so helpless, terrified, and alone as I did that day.

Trying not to drag this out but I'm literally reliving this as I type it. You have to understand my phone was going crazy. I was on with one person and would get another call from another parent, then another then another etc., the whole way to the school. (My office was about 25 mins away with no traffic) The police asked my husband to stay at our house and they were sending someone to talk with him and they wanted someone to be home incase R decided to walk home etc., By now it is 5:00 PM and still no word. The school secretary calls me back to say they think they might have put R on the wrong bus and they are trying to verify. My co-worker had to pull the car over because I got physically ill on the way to the school. It was awful.

At 5:16 PM, I will remember that moment for the rest of my life, the 911 operator called me on my cell phone to tell me a sheriff's deputy had found R. He had been sent to the Boys and Girls Club "after school program" on a bus from our school. This program was held at another school in our district. The operator told me they would keep R there and only release him to me or my husband.

I got to the school where R was about ten minutes after getting the call and was amazed at the amount of people there. In that relatively short (although longest hour and 16 minutes of my life) multiple parents had been out looking for R, several teachers, the school safety/security officers, just so many people. Many of them were at the school waiting for me when I got there as word traveled fast in our little community of R's whereabouts once he was found.

So, in trying to conclude this super long story let me tell you the short of what happened. R's teacher, sent him to this program after receiving an email from the secretary and in her rush to read the email got my son mixed up with another student with a similar name. R didn't question it. His teacher told him I said he needed to go. AND, the real kicker? My son had never ever been to this program and so not only did she not question sending him, but the program didn't think it was odd at all that this new 7 year old would just show up out of the blue. And finally, to top it all off.... they tried to send R hom with the family they "thought" he belonged with. No paperwork, no nothing on R there but he was there playing and having a grand time for over an hour.

Sickening isn't it? So, while I have opinions on what may or may not have happened and there are so many valid points here on this forum, I just simply don't know what happened, or where Kyron may be. I pray for this little one and his family that they too will have a happy ending. The sheer terror I experienced in less than two hours was enough to last me a lifetime. I cannot imagine what his family is feeling.

But one thing is for sure, this story really hit home for me. The similarities are uncanny. Friday afternoon, doesn't come home on the bus, 7 year old, second grade boy. Also, our school although only K-6 is about the same size in total number of students as Skyline. I just wish I could do something, anything to help find Kyron. Come home sweet baby!!

Even though LE won't say so, I think that we're already seeing Search and Recovery. Can't remember who it was, maybe PDX?, who posted info on how long an adult can last without water. Even with a quart of clean drinking water, and adult can only last 10 days. Adults have much more water to deplete themselves of.

This kids was tiny. Five pounds loss would put him into major dehydration--with severe impact on his organs.

Portland has also seen rain and cool nights. Hypothermia can develop easily in that situation, especially in a dehydrated child. Look at the photos of the searchers in this article. They're in long sleeves in the sunlight.

I'm not even going to talk about the predators that inhabit that area.

Then there's the fact that the rotor chief said at the presser that they're not using infrared or thermal sensors anymore. That was two days ago.

Considering the geographic focus--all within five-ten miles of the school, I think that searchers are looking for a body.

Like pensfan said earlier, there is a statistical correlation between the age of the victim and the dump site. Distance increases as victims become older. A five year old will usually be found pretty close to the place from which he/she was abducted. A 15 year old may be found a greater distance away.

Knowing this, and fitting it into the geographical spread of the search area, my guess is that whoever did this also lives near or within that search area. That's the only explanation that fits. Unless Kyron walked off on his own--and I just don't think that's so.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members