OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snip>Friday began as a special day for 7-year-old Kyron Horman. His school in Northwest Portland was having a science fair and he was keen to show off his project to his stepmother.

So, instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."

Link: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

BBM: If he took her there as reported to see this science project, who made it with him? It apparently was already there. When did it arrive?

I thought that she drive him there because of the size of the exibit being so large it would be uncomfortable almost impossaible to put on the bus. When did it arrive and why had she not seen it already? Any ideas or clarification?

Remember Nadia's sister had went on a girlscout trip for the weekend and Nadia wanted to do something adventurous,also,had planned on her little trip.I'm not thinking this is the case here,although it is very interesting how Kyron's big brother was going on the boyscout trip for the weekend and Kyron has disappeared.That's just so many hours for Kyron to be out there before it was discovered he was gone.

But the step-brother did not even live with him, he may not even have known, especially, about a camping trip the boy was taking with own dad...

Any thoughts/ideas on what type of incident the police would be called to respond to at an elementary school? TIA!

Parent trying to take a child who does not have permission. Gun at school. Child beat up by other child. Child out of control.

How do you know this? Do you have a link? I know she is tagged in the latest photos of him on Terri's FB, but FB is not a reliable link in this situation.

Because I found her brother's facebook, and he clearly says so.

These questions have been asked before, but I just want to bring them up again.

I would really like to understand why the teacher assumed Kyron left with his step mother rather than continuing out the school day. What would make the teacher assume he left with her? The rumor about the step mom telling teacher he had an appt. would fit. There has to be some reason for them to think he had left with her and not find it unusual. LE should check into any upcoming appts, and when they were scheduled.

Also, if he truly was expected to be in the talent show - why would step mom not return at that time to watch him in it? And why would staff not be concerned at that time that Kyron was not there?

But the step-brother did not even live with him, he may not even have known, especially, about a camping trip the boy was taking with own dad...

The stepmom said the brother would be so upset and there are pics of them together on fb.He lives with her parents,so I'm sure they probably kept contact with each other.

Not saying this is what happened,actually I don't think it is,but just interesting similarities.

Snip>Friday began as a special day for 7-year-old Kyron Horman. His school in Northwest Portland was having a science fair and he was keen to show off his project to his stepmother.

So, instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."

Link: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

BBM: If he took her there as reported to see this science project, who made it with him? It apparently was already there. When did it arrive?

I thought that she drive him there because of the size of the exibit being so large it would be uncomfortable almost impossaible to put on the bus. When did it arrive and why had she not seen it already? Any ideas or clarification?

Sometimes they make the projects at school. My daughter made a huge science fair project about Saturn and it was all done at school. I didn't see it until fair day. Other projects she does at home and then I have to help her get them inside the school.

I took it to mean that he wanted her to see it all set up as an exhibit along with the other exhibits. That's an exciting thing to a young child.

I am under the impression that most people these days start FB or MS pages for missing family members, being that the family is already established to have FB accounts this would be a good idea for them, they are obviously on there posting at this time, how about bio mom has she been posting anything about this? I know they commented they will have fliers to be handed out and distrubuted but if you are already savy on FB why not start a Help Find Kyron page as well, just a thought that could be helpful for them to get the word out more.

Very good article! It goes on to say - they worked on the project together: step-mom, grandma, and others. He was excited to show the finished project (up and on display, maybe?) to his step-mom. moo Don't know how he got the display to school or who may have helped him set it up.

I took it to mean that he wanted her to see it all set up as an exhibit along with the other exhibits. That's an exciting thing to a young child.

Agreed. :blushing: I guess I misunderstood why she took him that morning. What you said could be the answer.

I am under the impression that most people these days start FB or MS pages for missing family members, being that the family is already established to have FB accounts this would be a good idea for them, they are obviously on there posting at this time, how about bio mom has she been posting anything about this? I know they commented they will have fliers to be handed out and distrubuted but if you are already savy on FB why not start a Help Find Kyron page as well, just a thought that could be helpful for them to get the word out more.

Anyone can start a Facebook page. Knowing how distraught and in trauma and shock the family must be, it would be a wonderful thing if someone would start one, so they'd have one less thing to worry about. Perhaps even someone on here could do it.

I am sure the two step-brothers are in contact, I did not mean to say they weren't, but just don't think he decided to have his own adventure; I know we saw that happen once, but I don't feel that here at all.
Do we have confirmation on the talent show thing? I asked this before but did not see a reply. Who said he was meant to be in it?
Also I still don't understand the part about stepmother saying not to listen to media; she said that even today, and I never saw anything in print that made her look bad. The only thing I can think of is if she is trying to say that Kyron's real mom was not out of the area, as stated...but that's just a guess. I think and hope it is ok for me to say I still think it is a weird thing for her to be commenting on. Not saying it is incriminating but odd and LE looks at everything, you can be sure.

I just read about this after seeing a link on Twitter. My question is why didn't the school make a phone call telling the parents that the child never showed up? I know at the school here if a student is absent they call at home to ask why the kid is not there.

He sure looks excited and proud in his picture. It gets to me the way Sandra Cantu's skipping did. This is another one of those all-day, all-night refreshing the page cases.
Please, please, please let him turn out to be okay.

So he dropped off his coat and backpack in his classroom and the teacher didn't see the items were there and he hadn't shown up for the class?

I wanted to add,that pretty much nixes him going off on an adventure,he would have kept his backpack with him.IMO

Has anyone seen Kyron's father? Maybe at a press conference? Parents usually attend those, even if they do not speak. Do the SM or bio-mom attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror