PA - Accused killer and rapist Michael Burham escapes from Warren County Prison using tied bed sheets, Captured, July 8, 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Presser today at 4 p.m. EST

JUL 13, 2023
Pennsylvania State Police Deputy Commissioner of Operations, Lieutenant Colonel George Bivens, will be holding a news conference Thursday, July 13 at 4 p.m. at the Youngsville Borough/ Municipal Building in Youngsville, Pa. Watch live in this story at 4 p.m. EST.

@PommyMommy where did you get this info???? I don't see it anywhere in news. Is there a tracking site for info?
I guess Pennsylvania State Police have a number of those planes. I couldn't find location data for Altoona tho.
Put #michaelburham in your twitter search bar. There was also some helicopter activity which I tried to confirm on RadarBox but the only one I could see flew from somewhere near Warren to Jamestown, NY (it wasn't circling, so probably just an ordinary flight). I'm not good with the live flight trackers... MOO

ETA: AirNav RadarBox - Global Flight Tracking Intelligence | Live Flight Tracker and Airport Status

Who is leaving these stockpiles? And how does Burham know where to find them? It's not like he had a cellphone when he escaped from jail (unless someone smuggled one in) so how would he know where to find the supplies? Unless all of this was planned in advance?
We don't know. There was an article yesterday that said LE believe MB put the stockpiles out (I'll try to find it) but they've also said repeatedly that they believe he's had help. And now, they're interviewing "possible accomplices."

I'm wondering if they've found a gun and/or ammo in the stockpiles. Because Bivens now says there are "additional concerns" that MB is armed.

I know they're doing everything they can but gosh, they need to get this guy! MOO

ETA:
Possible drone flew near Warren County Prison prior to Michael Burham escape. Are they linked?
Bivens declined to provide a description of the items found or the location of the possible sightings but added that authorities believe the stockpiles were "likely put there" by Burham and that investigators are "convinced that Burham remains in this general area."

"Burham, last known to live in Russell, Pennsylvania, near Warren, had been held at the Warren County Prison"

OMG…. I thought they had already caught this guy!

I keep reading, in some sources…. Warren County Jail, but in other sources Warren County Prison. I don’t understand why they would call it prison, as I assume it’s jail, since he hasn’t been convicted yet?

Maybe an odd idea, but what about a temporary 'microchip' for prisoners ?
Our rescue fluffy (cat) is chipped so we can find him if he gets out of the house.

Hope this dangerous perp is found soon !
Sounds like a real winner who should have been in maximum lockdown for the viciousness and heinousness of his crimes.
At the bond of a million, he should have been watched constantly or kept shackled at all times.

Hopefully no one else is hurt by this perp whilst he's on the loose ?

Rest in peace to the victim, Kala Hodgkin !
He is the main suspect but not charged yet.
Makes one wonder if there are any more deaths that haven't yet been linked to this man ?

I used to question why 'honor' the perp by stating his full name (Michael Charles Burham) ?
However, my thoughts now-- are that this is not at all an acknowledgment , but rather an identifying factor.
There may very well be other people named Michael Burham, and it's to isolate and i.d. this particular man as the perp they're looking for.
Only my opinion.
Here pet microchips aren't GPS enabled - the person who scans it has to contact the microchip company for owner information ... there are GPS tags like apple air tags but they are not implanted ..

Last edited:
JUL 13, 2023
Bivens said police believed the items belonged to Burham. He declined to say exactly where it was found, but said it was located outside of Warren, Pa., in a wooden area, not far from where he escaped from the county jail last week. Bivens said the bag contained "clothing, some food, and some other materials that someone might need if they were trying to exist in the woods."

Bivens said no weapons were found "in this particular bag," and that state police were testing the items found in the bag. He said police were confident that Burham remained in the area, adding that some portions of Allegheny National Forest, located south of Warren, have been closed to the public.

Reward for information on Michael Burham:

To report info or possible leads in the case, call Pennsylvania State Police at (717) 265-9650 or (717) 265-9651.

If you think you see Burham, you are advised to call 911 immediately. Do not approach him.

Up to $22,000 in reward money has been made available for information leading to the capture of Burham, police said. That is combined between Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers, U.S. Marshals and Warren County Crime Stoppers.

It’s popular amongst some people to have bug out bags buried/stashed in different locations in case of emergencies. Personally I don’t have one, I will bug in, but it’s not unheard of to have stash ahead of time in areas you are familiar with among preppers. Also could be people helping him if he has a network I guess.

IMOO

Put #michaelburham in your twitter search bar. There was also some helicopter activity which I tried to confirm on RadarBox but the only one I could see flew from somewhere near Warren to Jamestown, NY (it wasn't circling, so probably just an ordinary flight). I'm not good with the live flight trackers... MOO

ETA: AirNav RadarBox - Global Flight Tracking Intelligence | Live Flight Tracker and Airport Status
Not on Twitter . I'm going to see if I can find one of those tracker sites.

There was a hole at the top of the cage AND a second chain-link fence on the roof was broken.

JUL 13, 2023
[...]

Eggleston said according to what he saw in the video, the 5-foot-10, 160-pound Burham appeared "like a spider" as he climbed atop workout equipment in the 40-foot-by-40-foot rooftop recreation room, and squeezed through a hole at the top of the of the caged exercise area. Eggleston said Burham also breached a second chain-link fence barrier over the jail's roof, finding a "small portion" where pieces that hold down the fencing were broken.

[...]

Warren Police Chief Joe Sproveri, whose agency is investigating the escape, told the Warren Times Observer newspaper that it appears an "extensive amount of preparation" went into the escape.

[...]

He said that while his officers quickly set up a perimeter around the jail, they didn't have a sense of where Burham went after accessing the roof until they discovered the tied-together bedsheet on the western side of an adjacent courthouse. He said officers still didn't know which direction Burham ran once on the ground until they managed to view the exterior courthouse surveillance camera footage about 60 to 90 minutes after the escape, giving Burham a significant head start.

He blamed "technical difficulties" for causing the delay in getting the exterior courthouse video.

[...]

"There was a significant time delay before we knew where the track was to put the K-9," Sproveri said. "(We) need a pretty specific location to start running a dog trail."

[...]

"There was a significant time delay before we knew where the track was to put the K-9," Sproveri said. "(We) need a pretty specific location to start running a dog trail."

[...]
<rsbm>

Um, since when? :rolleyes:

You give the dog the scent and work the perimeter until the dog picks up on the scent and knows where to start the trail. You don't have to know the location to start with.

It’s popular amongst some people to have bug out bags buried/stashed in different locations in case of emergencies. Personally I don’t have one, I will bug in, but it’s not unheard of to have stash ahead of time in areas you are familiar with among preppers. Also could be people helping him if he has a network I guess.

IMOO

bug out/bug in
what? o_O

Stelter said Burham had made his escape in the recreational yard by “elevating himself” on top of exercise equipment in order to reach the metal-grated roof before lowering himself to the ground using bed sheets tied together. He then fled the prison on foot.

MichaelMurder Suspect Escapes Jail Using Bed Sheets After Evading Capture For Weeks Burham

“[Burham] is considered very dangerous, and the public is asked to be vigilant and report anything out of the ordinary,” the department said in a release.

In a follow-up post on Facebook, the City of Warren Police Department said that the search for Burham has been expanded throughout the county and into areas of New York, with the Pennsylvania State Police assuming incident command due to geographical jurisdictions.

While police were searching for him, he reportedly also kidnapped an elderly couple at gunpoint in Sheffield, Pa., and drove them to North Charleston, S.C., which resulted in carjacking and kidnapping charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
<rsbm>

Um, since when? :rolleyes:

You give the dog the scent and work the perimeter until the dog picks up on the scent and knows where to start the trail. You don't have to know the location to start with.
Yep they made a huge mistake by waiting 60-90 mins until they could access the surveillance video. Makes no sense that they didn't send the dogs out immediately. They might have had a chance at that point.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo1965
Back