PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had occasion today to speak with both Scott and Ryan Stouffer on the phone. They sound crushed, hollow & defeated. I did not pepper them with questions. I felt that would have been cruel.

These people are walking shadows of themselves, IMO.

I've never been sadder about Kortne's disappearance than I am right now.

Her family is destroyed. Utterly, irrevocably decimated.

Just hearing their voices is painfully sad. The weight they carry is unimaginable to me.

JurysOut, Thank you so much for this update. I am not located in PA, but Kortne's disappearance has tugged at my heartstrings, and I had been wondering what was going on. So glad you talked with family members, so they know there are so many of us praying for Kortne's safe return and are astounded by lack of LE involvement.

I had occasion today to speak with both Scott and Ryan Stouffer on the phone. They sound crushed, hollow & defeated. I did not pepper them with questions. I felt that would have been cruel.

These people are walking shadows of themselves, IMO.

I've never been sadder about Kortne's disappearance than I am right now.

Her family is destroyed. Utterly, irrevocably decimated.

Just hearing their voices is painfully sad. The weight they carry is unimaginable to me.

I hope it's okay to ask this, but did they happen to say if there's anything we can do? Anyone we can call, e-mail, petition?

N.
I hope it's okay to ask this, but did they happen to say if there's anything we can do? Anyone we can call, e-mail, petition?

Sad to hear about the familys emotional state.
Jaime by now the family has had to have been notified of everyone and everthing supporters want them to do and contact for help. <modsnip>
I wish at this point the fam would put LEs suggestion by the wayside and come to the media kicking and screaming what they know. The media is there and im sure all would be ready and willing to accomadate. The publicity has ended locally and nationally. No ones stepped forward so that even a person of interest can be named. As a parent, at this point in time id be trying something louder to grab attention for kortne again.
<modsnip>

N.

Sad to hear about the familys emotional state.
Jaime by now the family has had to have been notified of everyone and everthing supporters want them to do and contact for help. <modnsip>
I wish at this point the fam would put LEs suggestion by the wayside and come to the media kicking and screaming what they know. The media is there and im sure all would be ready and willing to accomadate. The publicity has ended locally and nationally. No ones stepped forward so that even a person of interest can be named. As a parent, at this point in time id be trying something louder to grab attention for kortne again.
<modsnip>
This just makes me feel so helpless. I just can't imagine their pain!

Anybody think this sounds like the Cindy Song case? Missing student from Penn State.

I dont think kortnes disappearance is in anyway related to Cindy Song. Cindy disppeared almost ten yrs. Same state, but kortne lived in a tiny rural town, cindy lived on huge Penn State campus, or near it. Cindy was dressed in a halloween party and was walking to her apt in mid morning. But no connevtions at all.

I dont think kortnes disappearance is in anyway related to Cindy Song. Cindy disppeared almost ten yrs. Same state, but kortne lived in a tiny rural town, cindy lived on huge Penn State campus, or near it. Cindy was dressed in a halloween party and was walking to her apt in mid morning. But no connevtions at all.

Cindy was dropped off at her off-campus apartment at 4:00 a.m., not mid-morning. She had been partying at the old Players nightclub (no longer in business) on College Avenue, then at a friend's place before being dropped off. State College is absolutely a tiny rural town. Don't let the huge campus fool you.

IMO, the original comment wasn't implying that the two disappearances were related; rather, simply that they were similar.

Also similar to Katelyn Markham, for what it is worth, while also not likely connected.

The sickest thing to me is to see the people who were the last to see her move on with their lives as if nothing happened. . . while the family will never be the same again. CP's (publicly viewable) Facebook page shows him posing with another attractive blonde. There are characters in this case with truly awful backgrounds. Some people with KS that night have extensive histories of doing things that could result in a strange disappearance like this one. And yet. . .somehow they have managed to outsmart LE to this point.

I always wonder who the guest is at 5:30am on a Sunday morning...

Jury thank you so much for the update. My heart hurts for Kortne's family. I think of her so often.. Where are you Kortne? Please let today be the day for answers for your loved ones.. you are not forgotten!

R
The sickest thing to me is to see the people who were the last to see her move on with their lives as if nothing happened. . . while the family will never be the same again. CP's (publicly viewable) Facebook page shows him posing with another attractive blonde. There are characters in this case with truly awful backgrounds. Some people with KS that night have extensive histories of doing things that could result in a strange disappearance like this one. And yet. . .somehow they have managed to outsmart LE to this point.

It amazed me that CP nd MR continued on their fb the same as always and that was just within a wk after!!! They never mentioned kortne, nevervadked for prauers for her or help. But weekly they obtained new friends and posed in show off pics. No guilt, remorse and most obvious of all, no cocern. Now most of their page is blocked, tho not all, probably at the advice of a lawyer? These guys most likely know some real creeps from working at the horse races behind the scenes. I hope the cops are all over these two but according to their fb they are happily living it up.

Well If and i said IF the last ppl to be with her or saw her had nothing at all to do with her dissappearance what are they supposed to do. They are not her Family. And from reading everthing that was happening there at the time she went missing its anyones guess what happend to her. JMO

I have read of NO searches for this young woman by the family or by LE.
WHY?

Not related. Just similar.

Well If and i said IF the last ppl to be with her or saw her had nothing at all to do with her dissappearance what are they supposed to do. They are not her Family. And from reading everthing that was happening there at the time she went missing its anyones guess what happend to her. JMO

Well, they could have done what Brettly Wilson, one of Mickey Shunick's best friends did, after she went missing. Mickey went missing after leaving Brettly's house on her bike at 2am. Aside from her killer, he was the last person to see her alive. Had it not been for cameras showing Mickey (and her killer's truck) riding along her route home, Brettly would likely be the focus of the investigation still today.

Brettly and other friends immediately made a YouTube video called "The Power of Social Media" that implored people to spread the news about Mickey's disappearance via social media. Brettly (with other friends and her family) organized searches from his house along her route home in the very early days before police and professional search organizations would start looking for her. He was one of the people spear-heading finding Mickey.

R

It amazed me that CP nd MR continued on their fb the same as always and that was just within a wk after!!! They never mentioned kortne, nevervadked for prauers for her or help. But weekly they obtained new friends and posed in show off pics. No guilt, remorse and most obvious of all, no cocern. Now most of their page is blocked, tho not all, probably at the advice of a lawyer? These guys most likely know some real creeps from working at the horse races behind the scenes. I hope the cops are all over these two but according to their fb they are happily living it up.

None of CP's page is blocked. It's totally publicly viewable.
Most parts of MR's page are blocked, though. He hasn't said anything related to the case in quite some time.
The only thing ever written on facebook by these two about the case were angry declarations of their supposed innocence.

I stopped viewing this for a few weeks out of frustration that I was afraid to express. First of all, I fb message KS family about the fact that I believe I saw her the previous weekend. No response. I am very confused by the lack of LE response and news articles on KS dissapearance. MR has made remarks that I believe are in related to KS on his public fb. Not nice comments. paint it however you want...the gys she hung with that night are not sad by her dissapearnce. And i wont hold back anymore...if that was my child, I would be speaking out LOUD AND CLEAR!!! Something is wrong here. Almost everyone around KS has a past worth checking into. No other way to say it except, I WOULD BE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS IF MY CHILD WERE MISSING. LE too quiet, Parents too quiet, Media too quiet and even friends too quiet.

I stopped viewing this for a few weeks out of frustration that I was afraid to express. First of all, I fb message KS family about the fact that I believe I saw her the previous weekend. No response. I am very confused by the lack of LE response and news articles on KS dissapearance. MR has made remarks that I believe are in related to KS on his public fb. Not nice comments. paint it however you want...the gys she hung with that night are not sad by her dissapearnce. And i wont hold back anymore...if that was my child, I would be speaking out LOUD AND CLEAR!!! Something is wrong here. Almost everyone around KS has a past worth checking into. No other way to say it except, I WOULD BE SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS IF MY CHILD WERE MISSING. LE too quiet, Parents too quiet, Media too quiet and even friends too quiet.

Can you share those remarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member