Padilla Holds A Memorial For Caylee -2/10/09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I couldn't have gone to the memorial at the church because my heart is not "pure" enough.

I think I would have fitted in better sitting in the dirt on the side of the road with the sun, the trees, the birds and Lenny.

Me too. If I still lived in FL I would have gladly made the 3 hour drive up to Orlando and be with LP, and the Rev and whoever else was there.

I see nothing wrong with LP and or the Grunds etc having prayer for Caylee. Any amount of prayers is a "good thing"

This is a free country, people are able to do as they please within the law and I am so very grateful for that fact. Thank GOD for it. Also there are a great many people on this site who think very highly of LP. I am not one of them. But I also do not dislike him either. I agree with some things that he has done and said and disagree sometimes heartily with others. I also have thought some harsh things of Cindy A but also some good too. Having said that, I think that it was so terribly wrong of LP to hold a memorial for little Caylee today, in light of the bad (very bad) feelings between him and the A's), just because he could. I feel that it is so immature to try to rub the A's nose in it on a day of terrible grief and mourning. Regardless of how one feels about any of the Anthony family, anyone, everyone should surely have compassion for them today and I feel it is wrong of him to try to capitalize on the hard feelings some have for the A's particularly Cindy, this day above all . She was their baby girl, taken from them. If he felt a great need to have a memorial, good sense not to mention good manners would dictate it be held on another day entirely.

Me too. If I still lived in FL I would have gladly made the 3 hour drive up to Orlando and be with LP, and the Rev and whoever else was there.

WA, do you know if LP spoke at the service?

This is a free country, people are able to do as they please within the law and I am so very grateful for that fact. Thank GOD for it. Also there are a great many people on this site who think very highly of LP. I am not one of them. But I also do not dislike him either. I agree with some things that he has done and said and disagree sometimes heartily with others. I also have thought some harsh things of Cindy A but also some good too. Having said that, I think that it was so terribly wrong of LP to hold a memorial for little Caylee today, in light of the bad (very bad) feelings between him and the A's), just because he could. I feel that it is so immature to try to rub the A's nose in it on a day of terrible grief and mourning. Regardless of how one feels about any of the Anthony family, anyone, everyone should surely have compassion for them today and I feel it is wrong of him to try to capitalize on the hard feelings some have for the A's particularly Cindy, this day above all . She was their baby girl, taken from them. If he felt a great need to have a memorial, good sense not to mention good manners would dictate it be held on another day entirely.

I absolutely agree with you on the fact, that I am so glad that we live in a free country. My personal opinion of LP is generally that I like him. However. I also have times when I disagree with some things he says or does. I feel the same way about all of the Anthony's. There are times I am completely enraged with them and others when I have, deep, deep compassion. My feelings on all these people closely related to KC' s case and Caylee, have vacillated from one extreme to the another, based on what they have said or done. It's strange, but I don't necessarily feel mild emotions when it comes to this case. They are usually from one extreme to another.
I'm glad those who didn't feel comfortable going to the church memorial, were able to go to the site and have Richard Grund there, who I assumed would be officiating. I find him very comforting.

WA, do you know if LP spoke at the service?

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all of the news but here is a link to one of the many stories about the Suburban Dr gathering.
You can find many more like this in the Media Section and the Daily News Section/Thread

Mourners hold separate memorial where Caylee's remains were found
Rich McKay | Sentinel Staff Writer

<snipped>
With tears, prayers, and toys in hand, more than 70 people gathered near a small patch woods in southeast Orange County where the body of Caylee Marie Anthony was found after months of holding the attention of the nation.
"I haven't invited a single [media] camera here," Padilla said. "Caylee means more to me than she does to the media. To the media, she's just good television. I wish that I met her, I didn't, but I feel like I know her."

Richard Grund spoke of his family's love for the child and the pain they feel at her loss.
"The message here is for all of you," he said. "If you have children, love them today, because as we found out from this case, you may not have them tomorrow."

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7847030.story

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all of the news but here is a link to one of the many stories about the Suburban Dr gathering.
You can find many more like this in the Media Section and the Daily News Section/Thread

Mourners hold separate memorial where Caylee's remains were found
Rich McKay | Sentinel Staff Writer

<snipped>
With tears, prayers, and toys in hand, more than 70 people gathered near a small patch woods in southeast Orange County where the body of Caylee Marie Anthony was found after months of holding the attention of the nation.

"I haven't invited a single [media] camera here," Padilla said. "Caylee means more to me than she does to the media. To the media, she's just good television. I wish that I met her, I didn't, but I feel like I know her."

Richard Grund spoke of his family's love for the child and the pain they feel at her loss.
"The message here is for all of you," he said. "If you have children, love them today, because as we found out from this case, you may not have them tomorrow."

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7847030.story

Thank you kindly! I completely forgot the media thread. :)

It feels like Monday today!

It sounds like a nice respectful service for Caylee.

I see nothing wrong with anybody doing that.

The Anthony's do not rule the world....
i see nothing wrong with them holding a service for caylee either however it was disrespectful of him to do it on the same day that her family held theirs

I totally agree with your post.

Padilla already had a memorial service aka "prayer vigil" in Blanchard Park when he had the divers out there.

I think it was appropriate to hold a service at the memorial site the same hour, the same day. People do this all over the world for various reasons, occasions, and people. I believe it was polarizing to "ban" people from a service. Why not allow people to grieve or show their respect in a way that makes them comfortable?

Padilla appears to be a decent man, just as the Grunds appear to be fine folks. They were invested in searching for this child, the Grunds LOVED her and have a right to put closure on her death, as well as honor her as much as anyone else.

Frankly, I do not think the public spectacle created at a 5,000 person church would have been something I would have been comfortable attending, and had I lived closer, would have been inclined to go to a memorial NOT put on by this family. Clearly there were other people who felt the same way.

We should all be focused on Caylee and her memory, not on trashing or attacking others, especially on this day.

Hijinx...Your last words I'm with you attacking others
needs to stop Cindy Anthony does enough of that
for all of us It was about Caylee today know matter
who did what at what time the main thing is their thoughts
and prayers were about Caylee.

Very Well Said He got what he deserved just about a hundred people showed up where as the REAL MEMORIAL there were thousands.He should be a shamed of himself all he is after is getting his 15 minutes off of a dead child.

There were not thousands at the "real" one...there were hundreds. I think we need to stay with the facts. Just sayin.:blowkiss:

LP could have chosen any other day on the Calendar except today & it would have been a wonderful tribute to Caylee........

But he didn't...!!!

He chose to do it TODAY

It was disrespectful, ignorant & selfish...!!

Exactly what I've come to expect from Leonard

There were not thousands at the "real" one...there were hundreds. I think we need to stay with the facts. Just sayin.:blowkiss:

Local news said about 1000 people at the church.

Local news said about 1000 people at the church.

Yes, my point was it was not thousandS. As for LP doing it today, does it really matter. The people that were at his were the people who would not have gone to the other one. At least they had something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back