Paris Hilton to serve time

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember SQV telling us about the quitting smoking at SQ. That would be rough alright!

Well, I think it's just great that Paris is going to jail. I am surprised that she's getting a roomie though - thought they'd give her a private hehe.

Just tickles me to think that she'll have no cell phone. That thing is always plastered to her ear. I think she must just be talking to herself most of the time to avoid having to answer the paparazzi.
Our jails are so overcrowded I cannot imagine she would have had her own cell! She is in for a shockarooni. But these jails are not THAT bad. not like prison. holy carp..that would be interesting.
Yes, SQV was telling us about the prisons banning the cigs. Our jails have had them banned much longer.

Tobacco black market is smoking hot in Ca prisons February 19, 2007 11:42 AM

[PrisonMovement] Tobacco black market is smoking hot in California prisons
Tobacco black market is smoking hot in California prisons
spc_eee1.gif

By: Associated Press -

LANCASTER -- There's no if, and or butt about it: California's ban on tobacco in prisons has produced a burgeoning black market behind bars, where a pack of smokes can fetch up to $125.

Prison officials who already have their hands full keeping drugs and weapons away from inmates now are spending time tracking down tobacco smugglers, some of them guards and other prison employees. Fights over tobacco have broken out -- at one Northern California prison guards had to use pepper spray to break up a brawl among 30 inmates.
The ban was put in place in July 2005 to improve work conditions and cut rising health care costs among inmates but it also has led to an explosive growth of tobacco trafficking. The combination of potentially big profits and relatively light penalties are driving the surge.

"I've never seen anything like it," said Lt. Kenny Calhoun of the Sierra Conservation Center in Northern California, where officials report cigarette prices of $125 a pack.
  • snipped~
Last year, a corrections officer was put on leave from California State Prison, Solano, for smuggling tobacco. The guard made several hundred dollars a week through tobacco, officials say.

At Folsom State Prison, a cook quit last year after he was caught walking onto prison grounds with several plastic bags filled with rolling tobacco in his jacket. He told authorities he was earning more smuggling tobacco -- upwards of $1,000 a week -- than he did in his day job.

Another Folsom cook made about $300 for each tin of rolling tobacco she brought into the prison, receiving payment through money orders sent by an inmate's relatives. She resigned after being caught in October.

"There's quite a bit of money to be made," said Lt. Tim Wamble, a Solano prison spokesman. "In a department this size you're gonna have people who will succumb to the temptation."

Unlike illegal drugs, which bring harsh penalties when smuggled into prison, punishments for inmates caught with tobacco usually range from just a written warning to extra work duties, no matter the quanity.

entire article @ http://tinyurl.com/2aucyb

I was just watching Geraldo on Fox and they had a couple of minutes on Paris. By the way, he (Geraldo) figures the sentence was too harsh. - Guess he's hoping for an interview afterwards.:D

Anyways Geragos put in his :twocents: - He was asked if he thought Paris could handle it. I just burst out laughing because Geragos response was - he has a client in there right now (hahaha - another client of his in jail!!! lol) and although she's not as sensitive as Paris, she's finding it difficult but Paris will do fine. What a dork that man is - big smile on his face - the man has no shame.

Paris' day will consist of getting up at 5am (which is usually the time she's getting home, according to Geraldo), lunch at 11:00, 1 hr in the afternoon to shower or use the payphone), dinner and lights out at 7pm.:woohoo:

Tobacco black market is smoking hot in Ca prisons February 19, 2007 11:42 AM

[PrisonMovement] Tobacco black market is smoking hot in California prisons
Tobacco black market is smoking hot in California prisons
spc_eee1.gif

By: Associated Press -

LANCASTER -- There's no if, and or butt about it: California's ban on tobacco in prisons has produced a burgeoning black market behind bars, where a pack of smokes can fetch up to $125.

@ http://tinyurl.com/2aucyb
This is the same problem they had when they initially banned the smokes in our CA jail system too TG. It was probably about 6 or more years ago IIRC. It's not as bad in our jails because those inmates aren't in for as long as the prison inmates. But I do know they defintiely smuggle cigs in the jails as well as the prisons.

ETA ok I just looked it was in 1997 that they banned the cigs in jails! 10 years ago. I can't believe it has been that long.

Inmates already angry at Paris Hilton

Some believe jail is making room for heiress at expense of others

Members of the media settle in at the Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood, Calif., as they wait for Paris Hilton to arrive for the first day of her three-week prison sentence.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19017270/

Inmates already angry at Paris Hilton

Some believe jail is making room for heiress at expense of others

Members of the media settle in at the Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood, Calif., as they wait for Paris Hilton to arrive for the first day of her three-week prison sentence.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19017270/

Last night I was watching this on the tube JBean and they were getting pretty bored waiting, even playing catch with a football :D

It was mentioned that media from as far away as Spain and Australia were among them, but they had left to go rest elsewhere.

Last night I was watching this on the tube JBean and they were getting pretty bored waiting, even playing catch with a football :D

It was mentioned that media from as far away as Spain and Australia were among them, but they had left to go rest elsewhere.
Good grief. What a mess our culture can be.

Can't believe she's going to be locked in her cell 23 out of 24 hours yikes--in that tiny cell--This is almost as funny as when Leona Helmsley went to that prison in Conn

As long as they give her a mirror she'll be ok. She will stand in the mirror all day saying "I'm hot and then changin her hair into different styles and saying again "That's hot" Hey maybe she will actually read a book. The first one one should be her own and she can actually see what "she wrote".

As long as they give her a mirror she'll be ok. She will stand in the mirror all day saying "I'm hot and then changin her hair into different styles and saying again "That's hot" Hey maybe she will actually read a book. The first one one should be her own and she can actually see what "she wrote".

bwahaaaaaaa:p:D:dance:

I don't think she'll be allowed to have anything that is sharp like a mirror that can be if broken, or any items other than than the basics.

Maybe under supervision they do allow it in jail, don't know been a long time since I've been in the slammer..........just kidding :hand:

She will be in with another cellmate from what I heard, so at least she will have someone to sing to :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum