Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
You and me both. I have noticed a trend with LE to keep everything close to the vest. Which is exactly what they should do.

JMO

I agree. When some time has past though they should release things that could help solve cases and not let them get cold. This is of course on a case by case basis as far as how much time should lapse from an arrest,charges,locating someone missing,etc. AKA Justice.
We should have a right to speedy justice, there are laws for a speedy trial right?
There are instances where what LE does have-if released once months have passed, could help the investigation. My opinion.

Fresh on an investigation should be tight lipped, it seems sometimes LE have everything they need and sometimes they need the publics help.

I'll stay posted for any news updates or presser's scheduled, yet in this most recent link from nursebee, this point was interesting: "Investigators close to the case tell San Diego 6 News a hiker discovered the remains, and then notified the authorities." If a hiker discovered it then doesn't that conflict with LE being given a lead to the specific location? Am I off here or do I need to get another cup of coffee?

All the local news was saying they were specifically given the spot, and that it had nothing to do with what happened yesterday in Kit Carson, but that this was VERY specifically told to them.

And then immediately went into, after a year and no tips, sources are saying that there is more than coincidence that this falls on the heels of what happened with Chelsea, but that LEO won't confirm that.

I think it was either a plea OR someone close to JAG knew where she was and told now that he's in jail (and likely going to wind up with the death penalty being pursued)...in other words, they told knowing JAG won't have access to them for telling where Amber was.

That's a good point Bug, appreciate your insight as always.

IMO, one of JAG's relatives/friends was the person who gave the tip. They probably knew he went there to gamble and such and remembered or looked it up on the net that the dogs trailed Amber's scent to the Pala Library... After that, they probably felt something was off -maybe even knew he went on some hiking/camping trip?

OH I think it was very rude of me to jump in with any comment other than: Dubois family: I am terribly saddened by your loss. I extend my heartfelt condolences to you during this difficult time, and there are no words that one can provide for comfort, there is no right thing to say... I hope you find comfort in your precious memories of your beautiful daughter.

The pain of losing a child, I can't fathom, I could never measure it, but the tortue of thinking it is possible that they are alive and being tortued is certainly unfathomable and immeasurable.

I NEVER got the impression that Amber ran away.

I imagine that knowing her sons past (the jail stint for the 13 year old) that when young girls were declared missing in the immediate area -JAGs moms mind was racing. Where was my son? What was he doing? How was he acting? yada yada. I know she is a "victim" and she has lost a son in this world. BUT I hope, (I am trying to be delicate and it is a task.) that she had no knowledge of anything. I find it extremely unfair that JAG could just go and register for SO's with any old address he felt like typing and then go and house up with mama and have free reign over this trail area.
_AND I hope that ma would be keeping close monitor on her son with a past, who was staying at her house and registered for another location.
I wonder what ma knew about where her son was.
I want so badly to know where the tip came from.

As far as SO registry rules (I have no idea) but they are not allowed to live in school zones near the school right?
If not-WHY? I implore you sex offender registry requirements, why would you allow someone who preys on children, the freedom to sit on their porch and watch children walk to and from school where the bus is not available?
Question was his ma's house in walking distance zones?

"Investigators close to the case tell San Diego 6 News a hiker discovered the remains, and then notified the authorities."

This news story mentions a hiker, although I thought other outlets had removed the reference. If true, a possibility could be that someone was growing marijuana in a remote area of Pala, came across a new grave or other evidence of the crime but was reluctant to report it because doing so would lead LE to their growing area. After seeing the Chelsea/Amber coverage they felt guilty and reported what they saw.

Just a theory, no facts or links.

I agree that Gardner had no motive at this point to cooperate w/LE. They have not as far as I know indicated if they will seek the death penalty, have they? And it generally takes these offenders years to admit to another crime and help LE and only if there is something in it for them.
Also, if he indeed is the type to not accept responisbility for his actions as past psychistric pros have indicated, he is not going to quickly give in.
I do not know what to believe about whether or not he will end up being the one who killed Amber but I am pretty sure he did not point LE to this place and if someone else did and it is truly that remote, I don't see how LE gets there unless the informer had been there too.

I believe in the jails code of honor he would be treated very harshly and tortured for killing A young girl, and that when there are more than one victim they are usually killed in prison. Prisoners do not take kindly to child predators, let alone a multiple one. I have never been, but this is what I hear, and hope, and also think that they deserve.

:slap:*Sorry. I shouldn't have posted that. I was speculating wildly.

Gardner's neighbors at the Rock Springs Road apartment said they heard lots of loud fighting from the apartment he shared with his girlfriend. I wonder if he used Amber to control his gf; maybe just to "beat" her with the knowledge of what he could do, and had done?

Scary.

What's your source on this or this straight speculation?

"Investigators close to the case tell San Diego 6 News a hiker discovered the remains, and then notified the authorities."

This news story mentions a hiker, although I thought other outlets had removed the reference. If true, a possibility could be that someone was growing marijuana in a remote area of Pala, came across a new grave or other evidence of the crime but was reluctant to report it because doing so would lead LE to their growing area. After seeing the Chelsea/Amber coverage they felt guilty and reported what they saw.

Just a theory, no facts or links.

I can't imagine the news would irresponsibly report that-but it is the only news outlet that is reporting it as far as I can tell. I can see a hiker discovering the remains but it would be an incredible lucky find unless she was along the creek. I think your opinion on the marijuana plant is valid. Or it could also be an illegal not wanting to be deported--a lot of them live in that canyon area.

Here's a possibility, although I think it's less likely than the plea or tip-by-someone-with-guilty-knowledge theories. The scene where her body was found is described as a private road, closed with a steel gate. I wonder when the gate was put up, and why? That's often done because there's been trouble in the area, partying/camping with its horrible risk of fire, trash dumping, theft of ranch equipment, etc.

So, what if there was a neighbor keeping track of 'unauthorized vehicles'? At the time of Amber's disappearance, a tip that 'a gold-colored car, or 'black sedan' drove down our road' would be near meaningless to the police, hardly worth calling in. But, it'd stand out in blinking neon lights, now.

Well that what appears to be the case.
I can think of a number of cases where a person not involved in the murder is asked to help dispose of the body. Remote area, hard to get to-would the killer need help with disposal of the body? Or the killer (whoever he is) could have talked to his friends, relatives, etc.

If JAG is the killer, he is a big guy, I don't think he would need help disposing Amber. She was a small girl.JMO

QUESTION: It was mentioned either on this forum or on the Chelsea forum where someone stated they found a female skull and a backpack on Saturday by the bag of hair the two boys told LE about. Was this linked to Amber? Thanks.

QUESTION: It was mentioned either on this forum or on the Chelsea forum where someone stated they found a female skull and a backpack on Saturday by the bag of hair the two boys told LE about. Was this linked to Amber? Thanks.

It was always reported as a bag of hair. (never a skull) It was found months ago by some kids in Kit Carson park but never reported to LE until after Chelsey was found.

LE searched, found a bag but it was full of dirt and mud.

From media report:
Police were tipped Thursday that last May, three girls found a black plastic bag and human hair at the edge of a pond, said Escondido police Lt. Craig Carter.
Detectives found a bag Thursday night, but it contained only mud and debris, Carter said. It was given to the FBI to analyze.

http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/46040/

We ought to make note of their PI's name; he is clearly the real deal.

eta: They certainly did not get a lot of help from LE.
apparently the family doesn't think so highly of him!!!! check this out:!!!!

The parents of Escondido teenager Amber Dubois say they are livid about misinformation being spread by a private investigator the family hired shortly after Amber disappeared in February 2009.

Amber’s father, Moe Dubois, said Monday that neither he nor Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle, have spoken to private investigator Bill Garcia since their daughter’s skeletal remains were discovered Saturday near Pala.

“Carrie is livid that he is going out and speaking on behalf of the family,” Dubois said. “We haven’t talked to him.”

Garcia told The San Diego Union-Tribune he has spoken with someone close to the investigation who said Amber’s remains were found based on a tip that was not generated by John Albert Gardner III, the man now facing murder charges in connection with the death of 17-year-old Poway High School senior Chelsea King.

Garcia changed his story when contacted Monday.

“What I said was somebody close to the family called me and said they had found Amber’s body near the Riverside County line,” he said. “That’s all they told me. I then said it’s my belief that the tip did not come from Gardner. That was just my opinion. I haven’t been told that.”

Dubois said law enforcement has not told the family what led investigators to Amber’s remains, nor whether Gardner is a suspect. He also said they have been asked not to talk about the case.

“I wish I could talk to you guys because you’ve been there for us since the beginning,” he said. “But we’re on a gag order

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/dubois-parents-unhappy-with-private/

check this out guys!!! Amber's parents are livid that Bill Garcia, the PI that said the statement did not come from JG, is talking to the press... And Garcia also changed his story and is now saying that his statement about the tip not being from JG was just his opinion! This certainly cements what I feel about the tip. I really do think it was JG or someone known to him/knew he frequented the area (moo of course with a big hat on top for eating if I am wrong)

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/dubois-parents-unhappy-with-private/

The parents of Escondido teenager Amber Dubois say they are livid about misinformation being spread by a private investigator the family hired shortly after Amber disappeared in February 2009.

Amber’s father, Moe Dubois, said Monday that neither he nor Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle, have spoken to private investigator Bill Garcia since their daughter’s skeletal remains were discovered Saturday near Pala.

“Carrie is livid that he is going out and speaking on behalf of the family,” Dubois said. “We haven’t talked to him.”

Garcia told The San Diego Union-Tribune he has spoken with someone close to the investigation who said Amber’s remains were found based on a tip that was not generated by John Albert Gardner III, the man now facing murder charges in connection with the death of 17-year-old Poway High School senior Chelsea King.

Garcia changed his story when contacted Monday.

“What I said was somebody close to the family called me and said they had found Amber’s body near the Riverside County line,” he said. “That’s all they told me. I then said it’s my belief that the tip did not come from Gardner. That was just my opinion. I haven’t been told that.”

Dubois said law enforcement has not told the family what led investigators to Amber’s remains, nor whether Gardner is a suspect. He also said they have been asked not to talk about the case.

“I wish I could talk to you guys because you’ve been there for us since the beginning,” he said. “But we’re on a gag order.”

I just started a thread about this nurse. I deleted it since it is here.

but this isn't the first time that either a journalist or a PI was sloppy.

If it were JAG he might also have threatened someone with their life if they went to the police with the info and it wasn't until after he was in jail (presumably for life) that they felt they could go to the police with the info. Perhaps an ex girlfriend?

I read somewhere that he had 3 stressors (POOR excuse) loss of job and gf and car damaged. Maybe she had been threatened - didn't she have children by him? Maybe they were threatened, and now she felt he wouldn't get out of jail for sure, so talked?

Chelsea was in shallow grave by water
was
Amber just dumped or was she buried alittle also?

Could JAG of had help with Amber?

It was stated it would take a very strong person to hike her there.
Also the tipster said he was afraid of JAG and just told LE where to find
Amber!!!

This is new to me, did I just miss it somehow? Can you elaborate? Thanks!

I just started a thread about this nurse. I deleted it since it is here.

but this isn't the first time that either a journalist or a PI was sloppy.

The press, LE, parents, the PI and whomever else can all provide whatever secretive, political correct, convoluted statement they want - and they are.

It comes down to whether you want to believe there are two separate killers of young women in the same area and that these are unrelated crimes.

Don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member