Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delays that last hours?

Still catching up with the thread. Yay - cell phone records!!!

My work cell phone service is through Sprint - and there have been several instances recently when a client has called & left a message but I haven't received it until two or three days later. Example: I received a missed call alert from a client with a date/time stamp of Monday Sept. 12 @ 3:33 a.m. I thought it was odd that she had called me from her office @ 3:33 a.m. When I returned her call I said "You were @ work awfully early!" Turns out she had called me Friday Sept. 9 @ about 3:30 p.m. from her office, but I didn't get the message until 2 1/2 days later - and with an inaccurate date/time stamp to boot! It's aggravating - as it interferes with my ability to return phone calls in a timely manner. Grrrrr!!! Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.

Having said that - I have always received text messages immediately (not that I send or receive a slew of texts, though - I'll leave that to the young 'uns lol).

During the recent East Coast earthquake, I was able to send & receive text messages to a friend in Virginia with no delay - even though cell phone voice calls couldn't go through due to overload or what-have-you.

So, I can relate to an occasional glitch with a voice call, but I'm mystified about the "so-called" delay in a text message, especially since the claim of the alleged delay is coming from the sender of the text. Until the sender's phone records are reviewed, there's no proof that the text was truly delayed. MOO

Do we know if she-or anyone-read the text from NR? If the last confirmed telephonic "sighting" of Rebecca was by her sister at 9:53, then we can't be certain who called her voice mail at 12:50. She could have been tied up- literally-by that time.
I agree, Morag. I also find it interesting that NR sent a text to Rebecca at 10:41 P.M.

We don't have any evidence that the text message was in any way delayed.

Just happened to come across Fox news discussing case as flicking chanel. Not re -run since talking about new phone records just released.

Radar Online points out that JS late night call not on phone records, as we have noted.
DS sister late night text suspect. Who's belongings are in guest house - female clothing, make up wipes?

RN sister on show with attorney. She said JS called her husband stating that RN comitted suicide by hanging. But, rest of details not relayed to family. They found out about ropes, etc on the news. She said RN would not be able to tie these ropes and the message is "not something my sister would say". The family heard from JS quite a bit early on, around funeral. But, not since beginning of August. He never said she was depressed.

Pathologist mentions scalp hemorrhages x4, feet/hand bindings, knots, adhesive marks on legs, Tshirt wrapped around neck three times then stuffed in mouth, contusions on legs. Finally, women committing suidice is rare - in fact he has never seen it. Cryptic message... "She saved him, can he save her"? When put it all togather, this seems like rush to judgement. Can't accept as suicide at this point.

Thanks thus far, curious. I didn't want to put it on fox. lol
I could have told people RZ can't tie those knots. And no way she is going to that kind of extreme to commit suicide. nope....

I'm so glad that at least one major media outlet is continuing to cover this case!

It gives me hope that the case will be reopened.

I'm so glad that at least one major media outlet is continuing to cover this case!

It gives me hope that the case will be reopened.

Didn't see Fox tonight, but wondering if it was a re-run. It sounded familiar like I'd seen it already. Anyone know what show it was on? Judge Jeanine? Maybe?

Does anyone have one of these cell phones? Is it even true that the message that goes to voice mail does not register in a phone log?

Nope, never heard of it. Any call to the phone would be logged. Have both Verizon and ATT. I have had messages delivered up to a week late, though.

I am curious how long SDSO will be able to continue to assert their 'ironclad, science doesn't lie. theory, with a whole slew of experts weighing in on the opposite side?

Does anyone know about a video made re-enacting RZ's death??
I've been away, trying to get caught up. This about Nina is Huge..

If someone calls my cell phone and I do not answer and that person gets transfered to my voice mail, the phone call will not be logged in my bill. I won't be charged for it either. However, if I call someone else, even if that person does not answer and I get transfered to the voice mail, that call will be logged on my bill.

In Rebecca's case, I don't think JS' call would be logged on her bill from AT&T. But if her phone was not out of its service area and was not shut down, her phone should register a missed call (unless someone deleted the missed call entry, which was doable). But JS' phone bill should have logged such a call. His phone should have also logged an outgoing call at the said time. Police should be able to check his phone bill to verify.

It is a video, and a demo in the Case for Murder thread, done by cynic. Think that might be what you are looking for!

Welcome back!!

If someone calls my cell phone and I do not answer and that person gets transfered to my voice mail, the phone call will not be logged in my bill. I won't be charged for it either. However, if I call someone else, even if that person does not answer and I get transfered to the voice mail, that call will be logged on my bill.

In Rebecca's case, I don't think JS' call would be logged on her bill from AT&T. But if her phone was not out of its service area and was not shut down, her phone should register a missed call (unless someone deleted the missed call entry, which was doable). But JS' phone bill should have logged such a call. His phone should have also logged an outgoing call at the said time. Police should be able to check his phone bill to verify.

Since she was at home clearly she was not out service area. I also doubt she would have shut down the phone since Max was in the hospital and she would presumably want to have the phone on. But no missed call from JS is registered?

Respectfully quoted: "O/T Someone asked about what NR looked like. I believe there is a photo of her at this link (she is the person on the far right side). "
-----------------------------------------------------------------

No. That is not DS twin sister according to this site with same photo....

http://thesocialdiary.com/oscardelarenta1.html

Scroll down to DS photo, as previously posted, but that is not her twin sister in the photos as caption says..."Beautiful DY-G, President of one of the event's sponsors, La Jolla Spa, pictured here flanked by LK of La Jolla Spa and DS of Medici's, a girl's best friend manufacturer of Restylane"

I wonder if the mystery woman in black car driving into JS home is the twin.......

Respectfully quoted: "O/T Someone asked about what NR looked like. I believe there is a photo of her at this link (she is the person on the far right side). "
-----------------------------------------------------------------

No. That is not DS twin sister according to this site with same photo....

http://thesocialdiary.com/oscardelarenta1.html

Scroll down to DS photo, as previously posted, but that is not her twin sister in the photos as caption says..."Beautiful DY-G, President of one of the event's sponsors, La Jolla Spa, pictured here flanked by LK of La Jolla Spa and DS of Medici's, a girl's best friend manufacturer of Restylane"

I wonder if the mystery woman in black car driving into JS home is the twin.......

Somewhere it stated that video was taken on 7/13 and her twin was supposedly in Coronado on that date. I have no links, but they are here or on another thread. :waitasec: Confusing!!

Yes, made by my friend Cynic, in thread 11. I'll try to get you the link

Still catching up with the thread. Yay - cell phone records!!!

My work cell phone service is through Sprint - and there have been several instances recently when a client has called & left a message but I haven't received it until two or three days later. Example: I received a missed call alert from a client with a date/time stamp of Monday Sept. 12 @ 3:33 a.m. I thought it was odd that she had called me from her office @ 3:33 a.m. When I returned her call I said "You were @ work awfully early!" Turns out she had called me Friday Sept. 9 @ about 3:30 p.m. from her office, but I didn't get the message until 2 1/2 days later - and with an inaccurate date/time stamp to boot! It's aggravating - as it interferes with my ability to return phone calls in a timely manner. Grrrrr!!! Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.

Having said that - I have always received text messages immediately (not that I send or receive a slew of texts, though - I'll leave that to the young 'uns lol).

During the recent East Coast earthquake, I was able to send & receive text messages to a friend in Virginia with no delay - even though cell phone voice calls couldn't go through due to overload or what-have-you.

So, I can relate to an occasional glitch with a voice call, but I'm mystified about the "so-called" delay in a text message, especially since the claim of the alleged delay is coming from the sender of the text. Until the sender's phone records are reviewed, there's no proof that the text was truly delayed. MOO

At the time of the blackout here in San Diego last week, my texts were delayed for a few minutes --I was in my office building and texting my husband at home. But not a delay of hours...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148961"]The case for murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote