Rebecca's cell phone records

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea Time! BTW, nice to see you back!

Quote:
Key to RZ phone bill:

480-677-XXXX - RZ
602-502-XXXX - JS
816-676-XXXX - Sister MZ-L
901-485-XXXX - AS
602-614-XXXX - Dr HL
602-494-XXXX - Dr HL
845-357-XXXX - Dad GS
914-523-XXXX - Step-mom MS
480-444-XXXX - Sister XZ
209-814-XXXX - NR
619-522-XXXX - Detective TA
858-945-XXXX - CN
915-731-XXXX - Medicis VF
619-423-XXXX - Coronado Bay Urgent Care
619-702-XXXX - Camp Diggity Dogs
858-380-XXXX - Camp Diggity Dogs
49405724XXXX - Sister SH

And, here is the key again.

As far as I remember, LE has still not given back Rebecca's phone to the Zahau's or their legal team?

As far as I remember, LE has still not given back Rebecca's phone to the Zahau's or their legal team?

Time, time for you to empty out your PM so you can receive new PMs. :rocker:

"The message, whatever it was, is forever erased," Bremner said. "They're pinning this entire suicide conclusion on a phone message that no one has ever heard."

Zahau's cell phone records did not log any incoming voice message from Jonah Shacknai on the evening of July 12.

This would actually fit into the other discussion/thread also. When I talked to a family member who worked for AT&T at the time, they said that since all of Rebeccas calls, messages and texts registered, that it would be unexplainable why the one supposed message from JS would not show up.

"The message, whatever it was, is forever erased," Bremner said. "They're pinning this entire suicide conclusion on a phone message that no one has ever heard."

Zahau's cell phone records did not log any incoming voice message from Jonah Shacknai on the evening of July 12.

This would actually fit into the other discussion/thread also. When I talked to a family member who worked for AT&T at the time, they said that since all of Rebeccas calls, messages and texts registered, that it would be unexplainable why the one supposed message from JS would not show up.

Hi SunnieRN! This was discussed before. There were speculations that one reason Jonah's VM did not show up on Becky's phone records is that her phone battery had died or was low and she powered off her phone at time of his call. And that either Becky or someone else then charged up her phone and listened to the VM on Wed 12:50am and then erased the VM from her phone.

Hi SunnieRN! This was discussed before. There were speculations that one reason Jonah's VM did not show up on Becky's phone records is that her phone battery had died or was low and she powered off her phone at time of his call. And that either Becky or someone else then charged up her phone and listened to the VM on Wed 12:50am and then erased the VM from her phone.

I think her phone was purposefully shut down. If you look at her phone bill this is a woman who was attached to her phone. A constant stream of messaging and phone calls. Someone like that does not just allow their phone to do, especially not with what was going on with her boyfriend's son at that time. I don't buy that for a second. So why in the world would she allow her phone to be shut off this night of all nights? So she missed the supposed VM from JS and had to retrieve it at 12:50 a.m. The only way a call from him would not show (and her phone records do not show the call he made to leave the VM) would be if her phone was off.

I think her phone was purposefully shut down. If you look at her phone bill this is a woman who was attached to her phone. A constant stream of messaging and phone calls. Someone like that does not just allow their phone to do, especially not with what was going on with her boyfriend's son at that time. I don't buy that for a second. So why in the world would she allow her phone to be shut off this night of all nights? So she missed the supposed VM from JS and had to retrieve it at 12:50 a.m. The only way a call from him would not show (and her phone records do not show the call he made to leave the VM) would be if her phone was off.

Her phone was shut off by the murderer(s) so it would not matter when the phone call came in as she was already dead or under their total control. I am not sure of the time of the "woman's scream" heard by the neighbors, but that may have been the last sound uttered from Rebecca and she was dying as this happened or died within a few minutes of that scream.

I agree with your entire post. I also believe that after NR called Rebecca, is when she tried to call JS, the call he didn't answer. So who, in their right mind, would turn off their phone, when expecting a visit from someone they most likely didn't want to see.

Rebecca was in a remarkably hard situation with Nina and I am sure Dina, questioning her about Max and his accident. Jonah wasn't there, so I would think she wanted to keep him informed of going on's at the mansion, as well as receive updates on Max's condition.

I agree Bonepile. Her phone had to be turned off by the killer(s). Question is, why did they? It wouldn't have been necessary, except maybe to provide an alibi. Also, since it can not be proven that JS called the cell that night, what voicemail might have been erased?

I don't know if Becky's phone was purposefully shut off. Could be that the over usage of the phone subsequent to Max's accident would have made her battery naturally drain quickly. IDK

Maybe she was charging the phone and went to take a shower when the murderers snuck into the home and struck her. Maybe it was the murderers who struck her, then powered off her phone. IDK

In any case, LE should have obtained the phone records of all the POIs and also Becky's VMs. As it is, they did a shoddy, highly unprofessional job in Becky's case. I really wish the Philly police had handled this investigation. I'm sure they would have done a thorough job, "leaving no stone unturned" as the Philly Police Captain said during a recent interview.

Then again, I also wonder whether the reason the Philly police were so diligent in pursuing Dr. Melissa Ketunuti's case is that she's someone of prominence and status, whereas Rebecca Zahau was not... IDK I just know it's not right that SDLE just gave up on Becky and a grave injustice was done to a young woman who had a whole life ahead of her.

I don't know if Becky's phone was purposefully shut off. Could be that the over usage of the phone subsequent to Max's accident would have made her battery naturally drain quickly. IDK

Maybe she was charging the phone and went to take a shower when the murderers snuck into the home and struck her. Maybe it was the murderers who struck her, then powered off her phone. IDK

In any case, LE should have obtained the phone records of all the POIs and also Becky's VMs. As it is, they did a shoddy, highly unprofessional job in Becky's case. I really wish the Philly police had handled this investigation. I'm sure they would have done a thorough job, "leaving no stone unturned" as the Philly Police Captain said during a recent interview.

Then again, I also wonder whether the reason the Philly police were so diligent in pursuing Dr. Melissa Ketunuti's case is that she's someone of prominence and status, whereas Rebecca Zahau was not... IDK I just know it's not right that SDLE just gave up on Becky and a grave injustice was done to a young woman who had a whole life ahead of her.

So true! Just another mind boggling aspect of the case. All of the archives could have been retrieved from the phone companies/providers for the various phones but the information necessary, that would have constituted an actual investigation appears not to have been obtained . It's systematic though out the case, touching every aspect of it. Enough so to appear to have been intentional rather than a series of unfortunate oversights.

Who turns their phone off with a family member in the ICU? No one, imo. Poor Rebecca.

I hope some powerful, fearless crime writer takes up this case. If I were a family member, I would contact every investigative crime writer I could...it may be Rebecca's only chance at real justice, imo.

I hope some powerful, fearless crime writer takes up this case. If I were a family member, I would contact every investigative crime writer I could...it may be Rebecca's only chance at real justice, imo.

Ann Rule recently published a book with a few chapters devoted to this case.

I think it would be in the Zahaus' best interest to contact all the major crime tv (Dateline, 20/20, True Crime, etc.) and media outlets to do investigative reporting on the case.

Ann Rule recently published a book with a few chapters devoted to this case.

I think it would be in the Zahaus' best interest to contact all the major crime tv (Dateline, 20/20, True Crime, etc.) and media outlets to do investigative reporting on the case.

I completely agree.

Good Point!

Nice to see you BTW :peace:

Good to see you, too, Time. :) Been awhile...life's busy, I could write a book! ;) Let's hope we get some resolution, someday. Rebecca and Max deserve the truth.

Key to RZ phone bill:

480-677-XXXX - RZ
602-502-XXXX - JS
816-676-XXXX - Sister MZ-L
901-485-XXXX - AS
602-614-XXXX - Dr HL
602-494-XXXX - Dr HL
845-357-XXXX - Dad GS
914-523-XXXX - Step-mom MS
480-444-XXXX - Sister XZ
209-814-XXXX - NR
619-522-XXXX - Detective TA
49405724XXXX - Sister SH
858-945-XXXX - CN
915-731-XXXX - Medicis VF
619-423-XXXX - Coronado Bay Urgent Care
619-702-XXXX - Camp Diggity Dogs
858-380-XXXX - Camp Diggity Dogs

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/zahau_cell.pdf

Full name list:
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15538406/family-releases-200-pages-of-zahau-phone-records

Detective Adkins, who was investigating Max Shacknai's fall, called Rebecca the day before her body is discovered, according to her phone records.

"The phone records show a flurry of text messages and phone calls in the 24 hours prior to Zahau's hanging; including 34 messages and calls to and from the phone of Jonah Shacknai; 20 contacts with her sister Mary Zahau-Loehner; 10 calls or texts involving Adam Shacknai; and 7 contacts with a phone owned by Jonah Shacknai's friend, Phoenix-based dermatologist Dr. Howard Luber.

There were three text messages and one phone call – all on July 12 – from phones registered to Jonah's father and step mother, Gideon and Marcelle Shacknai, who live in New York State.

One final text message came into Zahau's phone at 10:41 p.m. on July 12 from Jonah Shacknai's ex sister-in-law, Nina Romano; the twin sister of Max's mother Dina Shacknai.

Romano had traveled to San Diego to support the family and Rebecca had picked up Romano at a San Diego airport the afternoon following Max's fall.

Contacted by News 8, Romano said she sent the text message to ask if she could come by the mansion.

"I just wanted to talk to her about the accident," Romano said. "And so I sent her a text message that said, ‘Hey are you around? I'd like to come by,' and I never heard from her. She never responded to me."

Romano recalled sending the text around 9:30 p.m. and questioned the 10:41 p.m. time stamp on the AT&T call log.

The phone logs revealed five calls on July 11 and one call on July 12 from Coronado police detective Thomas Adkins, who was investigating Max Shacknai's fall. (More details of Detective Adkins' investigation are contained in a search warrant that was unsealed by San Diego Superior Court Judge David Danielsen at the request of News 8 and other media outlets)."

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15538406/family-releases-200-pages-of-zahau-phone-records

Detective Adkins, who was investigating Max Shacknai's fall, called Rebecca the day before her body is discovered, according to her phone records.
<clipped>
The phone logs revealed five calls on July 11 and one call on July 12 from Coronado police detective Thomas Adkins, who was investigating Max Shacknai's fall. (More details of Detective Adkins' investigation are contained in a search warrant that was unsealed by San Diego Superior Court Judge David Danielsen at the request of News 8 and other media outlets)."

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15538406/family-releases-200-pages-of-zahau-phone-records
Hi DeDee - Not sure what point you are trying to make, but according to her phone bill, Rebecca called Detective Thomas Adkins FOUR times on the days in question:

Monday, July 11
2:18PM Rebecca called Det. Adkins
2:39PM Rebecca called Det. Adkins
2:43PM Rebecca called Det. Adkins
2:50PM Det. Adkins called Rebecca back

Tuesday, July 12
10:23AM Rebecca called Det. Adkins

What boggles my mind is that according to a recent CNN article on San Diego Mayor Filner's scandal, a female military veteran Fernandez stated that she had DELETED a harassing VOICEMAIL message from Filner OVER A YEAR AGO. And yet, she was able to find this same voicemail "still sitting in her iPhone's voicemail trash" just recently!

Now why is it that Fernandez's iPhone maintained a deleted voicemail for OVER A YEAR but yet, the "trigger" suicide voicemail allegedly left by Jonah and deleted by someone on Rebecca's cellphone is UNABLE to be RECOVERED or RETRIEVED even supposedly by expert cellphone techs within a month of its alleged existence in July 2011?

~~~~~

"That message was left a year ago, while Filner was serving his 10th term as a U.S. congressman. He had met Fernandez at a National Women's Veterans Association of America "Healing and Hiring Fair."

"When Fernandez got the message, she immediately deleted it. But when sexual harassment allegations against the now-San Diego mayor began to surface a few weeks ago, she remembered the "creepy" message and was surprised to find it still sitting in her iPhone's voicemail trash."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/us/san-diego-mayor-scandal

What boggles my mind is that according to a recent CNN article on San Diego Mayor Filner's scandal, a female military veteran Fernandez stated that she had DELETED a harassing VOICEMAIL message from Filner OVER A YEAR AGO. And yet, she was able to find this same voicemail "still sitting in her iPhone's voicemail trash" just recently!

Now why is it that Fernandez's iPhone maintained a deleted voicemail for OVER A YEAR but yet, the "trigger" suicide voicemail allegedly left by Jonah and deleted by someone on Rebecca's cellphone is UNABLE to be RECOVERED or RETRIEVED even supposedly by expert cellphone techs within a month of its alleged existence in July 2011?

~~~~~

"That message was left a year ago, while Filner was serving his 10th term as a U.S. congressman. He had met Fernandez at a National Women's Veterans Association of America "Healing and Hiring Fair."

"When Fernandez got the message, she immediately deleted it. But when sexual harassment allegations against the now-San Diego mayor began to surface a few weeks ago, she remembered the "creepy" message and was surprised to find it still sitting in her iPhone's voicemail trash."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/us/san-diego-mayor-scandal

iPhone has "delete" folder, where you can go and "undelete" deleted items. Rebecca had Samsung phone, not sure which model - it is likely that this feature was not available on her model. I know my old Samsung that I had before eiPhone didnt have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay