Remains Discussion Part 4 UPDATE Caylee Tentatively ID'ed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand the duct tape. I remember reading some time ago about an idiot that put duct tape around his dogs mouth because the dog wouldn't stop barking. Poor pup died because with the duct tape around his mouth, he couldn't pant and died from the heat.

Not that it has anything to do with this little Caylee, but made me think of it. What a mess KC has made of many, many lives.

After reading about the duct tape on the remains, and the pillow removed by LE from the A home last night, I did some random googling and found something chilling from an old case in 1988:

"The Maryland medical examiner's office determined yesterday that two children found dead in a Cumberland hotel room Thursday were smothered with pillows after their mouths were taped shut with duct tape, police said."
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1287134.html

I didn't sign up for the research service, so I didn't get the whole story, but based on the fact that a woman was taken in who had self-inflicted wounds, I'm guessing this may have been a mother/child killing.

I've never seen KC as a "get your hands dirty" type, but I can certainly imagine her tying Klee's hands (we're playing a game!), then duct taping her mouth and using a pillow to finish things.

Really makes me wonder exactly what the ME found that linked the remains to the A residence!

Since this news broke yesterday morning, and then the news of duct tape came out, all I can see in my head is that picture of Caylee in that red team jersey, holding her arms out to whoever is taking the picture, crying her little heart out. The picture has every appearance of having been taken from the angle of Caylee standing in the trunk of the car.

And while I know it is wild speculation on my part, I cannot let go that it could have been the last picture taken of Caylee.

If I was Cindy and George I would go to Casey and demand that she tell them the truth of what happened. If she will not tell the truth then I would just dis-own her.
I bet then Casey may speak up what is the truth if she knew her parents would do this to her.
She is a cold person with no conscious to do what she did. She deserves the death pentalty.
I am glad they found Caylee's remains, at least now maybe the child can rest in peace and have a decent funeral.

After reading about the duct tape on the remains, and the pillow removed by LE from the A home last night, I did some random googling and found something chilling from an old case in 1988:

"The Maryland medical examiner's office determined yesterday that two children found dead in a Cumberland hotel room Thursday were smothered with pillows after their mouths were taped shut with duct tape, police said."
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-1287134.html

I didn't sign up for the research service, so I didn't get the whole story, but based on the fact that a woman was taken in who had self-inflicted wounds, I'm guessing this may have been a mother/child killing.

I've never seen KC as a "get your hands dirty" type, but I can certainly imagine her tying Klee's hands (we're playing a game!), then duct taping her mouth and using a pillow to finish things.

Really makes me wonder exactly what the ME found that linked the remains to the A residence!

Ugh, and they took a small pillow from the house as evidence!

The head shouldn't have separated - from what I understand.....

With decomposition of a body, tissues, muscle, organs literally decay away. Without any of these, the body is going to fall apart. Regardless if this is Caylee or not, after so many months dead, this is going to occur. There is nothing left to keep the body together. Especially if it was in a trash bag and in the temperatures of the summer in Florida.

Again logic (I know it's a drag! LOL) Below is from Fox News - WHAT this tells me - is that they have NOT identified the body, it's consistent with that of a young child (okay I think it's Caylee as does everyone else) - Below ALSO tells me - the new lawyer Linda Baden is a publicity hound - this is WHY the state argued against the defense being in the autopsy - the defense did NOT have to go to the press with this statement - and the state was right - the defense has and will go to all the press and twist everything up - in my mind to initiate a mistrial - THO now the judge in the case CANNOT say that Casey did not have a sound defense

The defense team for the mother of missing Florida girl Caylee Anthony said the sheriff's office is confident that skeletal remains found are those of the child.

Linda Kenney Baden, part of 22-year-old Casey Anthony's defense team, said the Orange County Sheriff's Office called them to say they believe the bones discovered in a wooded area near the Anthony home belong to Caylee because of the color of the hair and the appearance of the skull.

But police declined to confirm Baden's statements, saying only that the remains are consistent with those of a young child and there isn't enough information yet to positively identify the body as Caylee's.

"The remains are consistent with those of a 2- to 3-year-old child," Orange County Capt. Angelo Nieves told FOXNews.com. "We have not provided any confirmation that it is the Caylee child. ... We're not going to go and jump the gun, if you will, rush in order to make an identification without the medical examiner's office."

I do have to add that I have never read actual documents in a murder investigation before this case. Because of reading here and doing so I have noticed so many things the media throws out there and wonder about the things I THOUGHT I knew about different cases.

What bothers me almost as much as the duct tape is that Caylee was found naked (if the reports are true). I can't think of one situation in which someone would remove a child's clothing before or after killing them except to drown the child in the bathtub. But if she Casey did drown Caylee, why the duct tape?

I woke up in the middle of the night with the very strong feeling that Caylee's little yellow towel with the ears was found with her body. It hit me so strong that I actually sat up in bed and thought about coming downstairs to post about it.

I can't make all the facts fit and it's making me crazy I guess.

I'm still one to believe until evidence proves otherwise - that the duct tape was there to prove kidnapping

What strikes me as odd - if this was a kidnapping as Casey states - wouldn't the hands an feet be also bound? If not then I think this was an afterthought

Everyone is assuming so much - we have NO evidence so far on any neck breaking - on any chloroform in the body yet, we have no evidence that the duct tape was on the mouth - nothing

So until we see autopsy results we need to remember the exaggeration of the press - if everyone believes EVERYTHING they hear from the press then it's a gullible bunch

Keep our wits sharp - deal with evidence and facts - try to figure out what happened by the evidence released - and we may be able to figure it out before trial

And since my posts about logic get ignored and everyone goes off on wild tangents, I'm sure this logic will be ignored also

Good post. I think we're going to find the duct tape was used just before disposal, to seal a weak part of the bag where leakage had seep out into the car. and it was the head area.

One of the very early online news reporters mentioned that the bag was lying on something that was duct taped to the bag, or something like that. Anyone else hear that? Sounded to me like she attached something to the bag. Maybe to weigh her down in the water?

What bothers me almost as much as the duct tape is that Caylee was found naked (if the reports are true). I can't think of one situation in which someone would remove a child's clothing before or after killing them except to drown the child in the bathtub. But if she Casey did drown Caylee, why the duct tape?

I woke up in the middle of the night with the very strong feeling that Caylee's little yellow towel with the ears was found with her body. It hit me so strong that I actually sat up in bed and thought about coming downstairs to post about it.

Did anyone see this: Clothing Found on www.local6.com website.....

http://www.local6.com/video/18262788/index.html

This was no accident. I think she taped the baby's mouth shut to keep her from being heard, not to keep fluids in.

KC thought she was home free since no one had stumbled onto Caylee's body yet. No wonder she had no reaction to all the searches. She was a happy camper in jail, watching the volunteer searches perform futile tasks, knowing they were not even "close" to Caylee. "No body - no case." Sound familiar?

Tentative just means "pending conclusive test results". LE knows it is Caylee, so does Baez and all the A's.

As it turns out "Zanny the Nanny" is a large black garbage bag and some duct tape.

The sheer fact of decomposition would make the baby appear naked. There would be nothing for the clothes to stay on, pardon the gruesome visual. If the bag had a small hole in it, the clothes may have indeed washed away and were found near the bag.

I am just wondering if there has been any mention or Caylee's doll and backpack. Could they have been in the bag with her body? Could it be this is how the LE are so sure its Caylee?
Sorry if this has been posted on another thread, but the server is so crowded I cannot read all the postings.

Mistygirl, yes, I posted that earlier. I think alot of posters missed it though. I wish it was official confirmation though.

This was no accident. I think she taped the baby's mouth shut to keep her from being heard, not to keep fluids in.

KC thought she was home free since no one had stumbled onto Caylee's body yet. No wonder she had no reaction to all the searches. She was a happy camper in jail, watching the volunteer searches perform futile tasks, knowing they were not even "close" to Caylee. "No body - no case." Sound familiar?

Tentative just means "pending conclusive test results". LE knows it is Caylee, so does Baez and all the A's.

As it turns out "Zanny the Nanny" is a large black garbage bag and some duct tape.

We think alike, I think after the big fight Casey was sick of hearing Caylee cry for Cindy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member