Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The moderators have weighed in several times with Admin about pregnancy rumors. They are just that, rumors, and as such we are not going down that road at this time. So please don't continue to discuss this rumor.

Also, I'm seeing FB creeping in. Anyone who wants to be verified if you are a close associate to any of the family, you know the drill. Otherwise please take FB rumor and discussion to the Parking Lot thread. Everyone needs to link if you are stating something affirmatively.

Thanks Peeps. :)

I couldn't get caught up, but did anyone go back and look at what she was reported wearing when she disappeared? I know we tossed it around earlier in the threads and I just can't get caught up. I had to confirm it in my head so I looked up the official missing poster: navy sweatpants, light colored t-shirt, flip flops and red hoop earrings.

Let's assume all of these items are correct. If Shawn saw Hailey around 3-3:30PM when he had gotten home and he was the last person to see her...what man pays that close attention to those kind of details? That sounds like something a woman would pay close attention to. IMHO

My huband sees me get ready every morning: hairstyle, clothing, accessories and what lunch I take. If I went missing tonight, he couldn't tell you what earrings that I am wearing. Red hoops are very specific to me. Did she only wear them? Was it her staple like someone wearing pearls studs? I think I have seen pictures and it looked like she changed them regularly. It was just an odd observation that hit me a bit ago. I got to thinking about the details when sources here have said there were items found with her that pointed to this body most likely being HD.

Sorry, I am rambling.

IIRC red earrings were spacers that stretch out the hole of a pierced ear.
She had just gotten them. She took 1 out because it ws found at Clint's house and returned by brother to BD

Respectfully, I could say the same thing about a lot of men, who have to have a woman in their lives. However, I know many women who made bad choices in their men, but did not end up with a murdered child. Sometimes, maybe... certainly not always.

Oh yes, TxLady -- you said it. Men can certainly be the same way, yes indeed. In the instances I've seen where it was the women making the bad choices, so far at least, there have been no murdered children. Oh, can you imagine -- but there are some parents who make bad picks and then let their child(ren) pay the price with abuse, etc. That does happen, no matter whether the step-parent is a man or a woman. And this is something I just cannot comprehend.
icon9.gif
:maddening:

IMO, if this victim is NOT Hailey, she would be ID'd publicly as Jane Doe by now.
I really believe that it is her and that the LE/FBI/ME are being very thorough.
Crossing t's and dotting i's.............waiting and watching the perp(s) and reactions.
The LE want a perfect case against the perp(s)
I sure do not want another murderer to go free like in kc anthony......
(I do believe that LE and DA had enough on anthony, lazy jury)

Only Named Suspect's Attorney Argues Innocence In Hailey Dunn Case
Affidavits KTXS obtained said Adkins was in the Big Spring area the morning Hailey went missing.
"I don't believe it implicates him in anyway," said Eyssen, "While it's awful any human remains would be discovered so closely to anyone's residence. It does not implicate my client in any manner."
Eyssen told KTXS it's unfortunate the public is not affording his client the presumption of innocence.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/30742450/detail.html

The Howard County Justice of the Peace said he saw a skull with hair, the judge announced as part of a death pronouncement Thursday at the Big Spring airport following the discovery of human remains there days before.

“It was kind of small,” Judge Quail Dobbs said. “The hair was a dark color and it was highly decomposed – more decomposed than any person I’ve ever pronounced.”

snip

Sweetwater attorney John Young, who is representing Hailey’s mother, Billie Jean Dunn, said the remains were found in a “plastic bag with deteriorating clothing.”

http://www.oaoa.com/news/saw-84491-skull-hair.html

I am pretty sure they basically know whether it is her or not at this point and are just waiting for the official ID so it will give them more time to gather themselves. I have a feeling this is her and it breaks my heart. How can you do that to a beautiful, young girl and still be a human being?
I am praying for Hailey tonight and for LE to be able to make the case they need to make to get a monster(s) behind bars.

It probably is her. Likely is her. However, there is always the possibility it isn't, so I'm glad they aren't releasing anything until they are sure.

One thing that comes to mind is the case of Samantha Koenig from AK. There was a man arrested recently in Texas for her kidnap, but she is still missing. Probably not her. Not likely. But until the remains are identified all possibilities shouldn't be ruled out.

I do find it quite telling though that BD and SA hightailed it back to CC so quickly upon hearing the news. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but you'd think they would have at least called the police to ask if they thought it was Hailey before rushing to town. IMO, perhaps consciousness of guilt kicking in, knowing it is her.

Good morning, everyone! I live 100 miles away from Colorado City but posted many of the local news links yesterday 2 threads back. Like I said yesterday, our news stations here in my city are very reliable. They miss a detail or two, but they are ususally spot on in these types of scenarios. Last night on the 6:00PM news, the reporters that had been on the scene since 5:00AM stated that they were told these things about the body from their sources:

Body was in a trash bag
It had been buried
and looked as if recent rains and wind had unearthed it
Small hands similar to a child
Partial mummification
Long hair similar to Hailey's still attached to the head
Small items that were recovered in the bag point to this being her
BD and SA were both in Colorado City as of yesterday

I obviously can not give you a link since it was on live television last night. I am confident we have our Hailey. I am saddened, yet relieved. Once we have a definite confirmation of the identity, I truly believe we will see some movement in this case. I think the fingers will point directly at BOTH SA and BD. I posted a link yesterday showing that MSM says that BD and Hailey had had a fight the "NIGHT" she disappeared. I speculate that she did in fact die in the evening and was disposed of the morning that SA abruptly left his job. IMHO

BBM

Thank you so much for posting this. We need an "insider", even if our insider is local and only has access to local news reports. Most times, the local news gets it more accurately.

I share your feelings completely, and do believe BD and SA are involved.

Jumping off your post, we speculated many times that she was placed in the Big Spring area, inside or nears drums, or somewhere in an open area near the oil industry in some way.

Why Big Spring? Because Mommy lived there, SA stayed there, and he'd watch the searches near the house, the whole time he sat there smiling. My assumption is he knew they were close, but not close enough, therefore, they wouldn't find her.

Thanks again for reiterating the remains were inside a bag and had been buried (bolded above). Many people are overlooking those points and getting confused. It was said the remains in the bag were in a shallow grave.

Thank you for being our local eyes and ears. :blowkiss:

The remains could be anyone, of course, so we'll have to wait...but...

Well... Right about now, I'm really interested in knowing when SA lawyered up. Was it before the remains were found or did he lawyer up immediately afterwards?

I would be very surprised if the whole body had been neatly held together in the shape of a live person. Decayed bodies fall apart. Maybe the good Judge dosen't spend much time looking at detailed pics of decated bodies or debating the finer points of putrefication, like we do.

As I understand it, the body should have been left exactly as it was found until the Feds came in the next day to collect everything. There were probably some smaller bones or sections of the body which were underneath the torso or covered by loose soil and rocks. The same goes for peices of clothing, garbage bag or wrappings.

I am sure that LE knows much more than they want to admit. They are stalling when they say that they won't know who it is for several weeks.
They know very well who it is. They are trying to sweat the different players in the case to see who is desperate for an ID and who already knew it was Hailey. Too bad they had so many people who saw it before the feds got there, because it's been:rocker: Leak-a-palooza :rocker:since Tuesday. Dear God, I hope no one took any souveniers!

MOO

BBM--I agree 100%! I think they know or have a darn good idea if the remains are Hailey. Especially, given the body was partially mummified.

If you have looked at images of mummified or partially mummified corpses there is often a detectable resemblence to the living person (unlike skeletal remains). It is really uncanny/sureal how preserved a mummified or partially mummified body can look.

That Texas dry hot heat is an ideal condition for mummification. Very dry climates can cause a body to naturally mummify, converting its skin and tendons to a leathery and parchment-like wrapping surrounding the bones, while the organs decay by autolysis and putrefaction. It is the Hot/Dry climates with low to no humidity that eliminate fly and maggot activity halting other forms of decomposition. It also appears the Remains were buried (not fully exposed) and possibly enclosed in a plastic bag which protects the body from carnivores and rodents---hence the mummification.

Based upon all this... I would bet they know or have a good idea it is Hailey.

JMHO...

Only Named Suspect's Attorney Argues Innocence In Hailey Dunn Case

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/30742450/detail.html

A jury has to afford his client presumption of innocence. Not the public. That is why we have freedom of speech. Maybe this attorney forgot about part of the law. :banghead:

Why is this guy suddenly doing so much talking? Public perception? It is a little too late for that IMO. He must see the freight train roaring down the tracks straight for his client........ choo choo it can't come fast enough for me.

I think Shawn's lawyer is talking up a storm because he was hired about 48 hours ago and doesn't know who he's representing yet. But this is just my opinion.

A jury has to afford his client presumption of innocence. Not the public. That is why we have freedom of speech. Maybe this attorney forgot about part of the law. :banghead:

Why is this guy suddenly doing so much talking? Public perception? It is a little too late for that IMO. He must see the freight train roaring down the tracks straight for his client........ choo choo it can't come fast enough for me.

Yep. poor SA. Not only did someone take Hailey when he was the last to see her but also disposed of her by his moms house. How is that for bad luck? and the lawyer is doin way too much talking.

I have read posts on FB that I think are probably more accurate than the news that is being reported. It seems that the posts are by people who are in close proximity to the actors and I believe they know what they are talking about. I think the important thing to me is the identity of the remains first and then the police investigation.

If there is forensic evidense it will be a slam dunk to either arrest BD and SA or it will put all the speculation about them to rest. Right now I personally don't care about who is in town or who isn't. I am hoping that if this is HD she did not die at the hands of a parent. I am going to try to cling to that hope until all the evidense is in and an arrest is made. I just can't go there that BD did this or that she would stay with a person who would. I don't know and until I do know for sure I am not going to give up hope that this case could be different. I am praying we are all wrong. jmo

Yep. poor SA. Not only did someone take Hailey when he was the last to see her but also disposed of her by his moms house. How is that for bad luck? and the lawyer is doin way too much talking.

The kicker is that Shawn is the one who placed himself with Hailey before she disappeared. He told that story. No one else was home.

I am glad BJD and SA are hanging around, I honestly thought they might flee together.

Does anyone else feel like you can't really rely on much of supposedly factual information given, the whole time? I mean, even in the affidavits, you have no idea what questions are asked for Shawn to say to look at both of them, to look in scurry county and she was promiscuous. I really don't think he'd be that cocky or stupid, it is "rounded up" from LE to get what they need to proceed. The question could have been "Do you think it is reasonable that you and Billie need to be looked at?" to which he said yes, innocent people would answer similarly. For all we know Shawn doesn't know what promiscuous means and just replied yes thinking it meant something more like precocious, or he may have said something disparaging that LE politely worded later, who knows? I hope one day we find out. I also think the CP thing was handled badly in the media, many people believed there was stacks and stacks of it when the affidavit refers on one image that appears to be CP, and emphasises the bestiality and deviant behaviour *advertiser censored*. I wonder how cocky that made them feel knowing there was nothing much behind those claims?

For me the compelling things are video or audio I have heard personally, factual information like the ping locations, and substantiated timeline like Shawn's boss agreeing he was at work briefly that morning.

Now there is competing claims about where Billie, Shawn and Clint are, what was happening on that land in Dec 2010, was there a blanket or a sheet, how much of the remains are found, going to be a big old mess knowing what's what.

Hope the official identification doesn't take too long and there are some charges laid very quickly, justice delayed is justice denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx