Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/26 -12/02/14 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are pics of his camera and the available photos of the memory card on the 'Post verdict' threads here (and lots of discussion), I have a couple in my folder, let me look....(found a compilation):

View attachment 64603

Yes I've found those ones again, I'm just wondering if the reason why the evidence bag with two cards that I thought I saw with Det.F. was perhaps disallowed because the one card could not have come from the camera? I recall the defense had put up quite a fuss about not allowing JA's external and all associated with it into evidence because it had no relevance or some such nonsense, even though it was supposedly where all the pics of her abuse allegations were stored... it must have had some real negatives for them.

Do you know if TA had a camera before the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H9 and if so what it was? JA had referred to what TA used to do with pics before he got it during the interrogation but got sidetracked and I don't recall if she ever got back to it, other than the bit where she seemed to have had all the pics.

There has been a huge amount of discussion involving that one picture. Which I think proves something was "off" about it. There seems to be a reaction from Travis that is not typical.

In JMO, I think his reaction almost seems like despair. So you could be right that he saw her holding a knife or gun and felt defeated at that instant.

That last pic of Travis in the shower will forever haunt me. I see so many emotions on his face - surprise, sadness, realization, resignation. It's literally us seeing him and what he was feeling as the killer made her intentions known, imo. He knew at that moment, and it is heart wrenching to view.

I have learned lots of new words since I began following this case. Today's word: bullcarpery.

Love it!

I just looked it up, thinking it was one of those great words dug up from medieval times. lol. I get it now.

Judge Stephens needs to look Kirk Nurmi in the eye and tell him that it's impossible for the state to remove sim cards that don't exist. She is tired of his delay tactics. If he wastes any more of the courts and jurors time he will be officially reprimanded. JMO

BBM

I see the pathetic signs of gullibility. JMO

BBM

I think if this happened we all would immediately give her a standing ovation! Of course she wouldn't be able to see it - just like we can't see the court proceedings right now either.

Remember the movies "To Kill A Mockingbird", "Peyton Place", even "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" where the trials were a public event with standing room only? How about OJ, Casey Anthony, even the guilt phase of this case where cameras were live because the public had a right to know and there was some expectation of fairness and openness? Yeah - I miss those days!

There has been a huge amount of discussion involving that one picture. Which I think proves something was "off" about it. There seems to be a reaction from Travis that is not typical.

In JMO, I think his reaction almost seems like despair. So you could be right that he saw her holding a knife or gun and felt defeated at that instant.

LOL, there's probably a picture of the receipt in the reflection of the cashier's eye.
BN found a record of a return at WalMart. He will produce it as soon as he is finished creating it. :cool:

Sure. For what truths can be known, anyway. Photos documenting sex and the time she murdered him are objective enough truths to me, and JM's acceptance of them as true and accurate is more than enough to convince me.

Whether or not he invited her, or if she snuck in, or what she said to him that led to her staying there for so long....those are the questions that interest me the most, but there's no truth to be uncovered there, just opinions and conjecture, which I'm personally never stingy with.. ;)

My question in any case was really a question. What difference would it make? A different scenario than JM's?

It might make a difference to those jurors who are deciding whether JA can be rehabilitated... most can identify with a jealous rage even possibly to the extent of driving all that distance to give the other person a piece of your mind with the hope of reconciliation, but most I would hope cannot identify with a jealous rage that stalks, plots, blackmails for months, enlists the help of ex bf's then uses a new prospective bf as well as a whole religion to try and hide behind while she viciously stalks and murders the one that got away.

Except that we know she dyed her hair back to brunette between Redding, CA and Mesa, Az. Some people think she did it at a salon in Gilroy or Monterrey, CA. She was a brunette when she visited Ryan Burns in Utah. And she took some cell phone selfies of it.

Yep, she just couldn't resist those selfies, thank goodness!

When issues like these come up, doesn't JSS have the ability to go to chambers and make a phone call to Verizon or Helio to ask about sims cards? Lately it seems she says she wants to take things under advisement for a week or two and issues a secret order under seal. Maybe I am just exaggerating but it seems so endless - nothing gets resolved quickly. Issues take weeks to decide and meanwhile we have court 2 days a week - just plugging along while some random witness (who has nothing of substance to say) reads endless texts line by line to the jury.

It's not up to her, it's up to Juan to produce the expert witness that will testify to both of them not having sims cards.

I just looked it up, thinking it was one of those great words dug up from medieval times. lol. I get it now.

Many years from now someone will find the origination of the word...here. LOL

It might make a difference to those jurors who are deciding whether JA can be rehabilitated... most can identify with a jealous rage even possibly to the extent of driving all that distance to give the other person a piece of your mind with the hope of reconciliation, but most I would hope cannot identify with a jealous rage that stalks, plots, blackmails for months, enlists the help of ex bf's then uses a new prospective bf as well as a whole religion to try and hide behind while she viciously stalks and murders the one that got away.

I think it is not out of the realm to believe one or two on the jury have known a person with some level of psychopathy and will, in fact, be convinced of the killer's evil doings prior to, during, and after the murder. They should be able to put the DT's smear campaign into perspective as well. I am not very well traveled, yet I have been around enough to have seen psychopathy in action--not to the extent of hers but mind blowing in its own right. I am hoping the jury is not a study in naivete.

Sorry to blast in with this out of sync question but which days are the trial on this week? Do we get another whopping two days of dragging it out?

It's not up to her, it's up to Juan to produce the expert witness that will testify to both of them not having sims cards.

I wonder who put the bug in Nurmi's ear that the (ficticious) sim cards from the phones had been withheld? This wasn't an issue in the first trial so somebody had to have alerted him to this diabolical plot by the prosecution.

Enacting yet another Hollywood film: Psycho. Not a unique bone in her body.

Maybe she'll tell people on the stand that (Some liberties taken)

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke

"She could've been a contender." - On the Waterfront

"She needs to phone home." - E.T.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz

"JM can't handle the truth." - A few good Men

"Asking where he gets those wonderful toys." - Batman

"That Nurmi has gotten her into another fine mess." - Laurel and Hardy

"Fasten your seatbelts it's gonna be a bumpy testimony." - All About Eve

"Frankly Mr. Prosecutor, I don't give a damn." - Gone with the Wind

"Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter." - A Beautiful Mind

"My precious." - Lord of the Rings The two Towers

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster." - Goodfellas

"What do you mean, I'm funny?...You mean the way I talk? What?...Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it?...But I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to f--kin' amuse you? What do you mean, funny? Funny how? How'm I funny??...How the f--k am I funny? What the f--k is so funny about me? Tell me? Tell me what's funny!..." - Goodfellas

"Listen, I - I appreciate this whole seduction scene you've got going, but let me give you a tip: I'm a sure thing. OK?" - Pretty Woman

"I want the fairy tale." - Pretty Woman

"Did you ever reach a point in your life, where you say to yourself: 'This is the best I'm ever going to look, the best I'm ever going to feel, the best I'm ever going to do,' and it ain't that great?" - City Slickers

"Face it, jury, I'm older and I have more insurance." - Fried Green Tomatoes

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." - Silence of the Lambs

"First you want to kill me. Now you want to kiss me. Blow!" - Army of Darkness

"You can't play in the man's game? You can't close them? Then go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me, you f--kin' ******s!?"
AND
2 - "A - B - C. A. Always. B. Be. C. Closing. Always Be Closing. Always Be Closing." - Glengarry/Glenross

"Hail to the queen, baby." - Army of Darkness

"The dress is for sale. I'm not." - Indecent Proposal

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!" - Dumb and Dumber

"Are you people insane? I'm the director. I make the casting decisions around here." - Ed Wood

"Mama says, 'Stupid is as stupid does.'" - Forrest Gump

"My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'" - Forrest Gump

"Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Pulp Fiction

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." - Star Wars Episode 1

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Oh, and this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my p-----." - American Pie

"Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me." - Saving Private Ryan

"Do you understand the words that are comin' out of my mouth?" - Rush Hour

"I'm the Dude! So that's what you call me. You know, uh, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or uh, you know, El Duderino - if you're not into the whole brevity thing." - The Big Lebowski

http://www.filmsite.org/1990squotes.html

Sorry to blast in with this out of sync question but which days are the trial on this week? Do we get another whopping two days of dragging it out?

Court Tues. and Wed., continuation of the evidentiary hearing Thursday.

Yes I've found those ones again, I'm just wondering if the reason why the evidence bag with two cards that I thought I saw with Det.F. was perhaps disallowed because the one card could not have come from the camera? I recall the defense had put up quite a fuss about not allowing JA's external and all associated with it into evidence because it had no relevance or some such nonsense, even though it was supposedly where all the pics of her abuse allegations were stored... it must have had some real negatives for them.

Do you know if TA had a camera before the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H9 and if so what it was? JA had referred to what TA used to do with pics before he got it during the interrogation but got sidetracked and I don't recall if she ever got back to it, other than the bit where she seemed to have had all the pics.

I don't know if he had a camera before the Sony or not, wish I had that answer, hopefully someone here does.

Yep, she just couldn't resist those selfies, thank goodness!

Too bad that no salon has stepped forward saying they had FJA as a client and did the dye job. I know not every one is into trials like WS but it would be nice if someone would step forward.

I've just picked up something new off the internet chatter on this case regarding all these motions to dismiss related to tampering with electronic devices.

I always thought the defense team was underhanded, yet they now stoop to new lows.

Several of the recent motions and testimony referred to cell phones confiscated by the State as evidence and missing SIM cards. I have just learned that Jodi's Helio phone was a CDMA device, which essentially means it did not have a SIM card. Same thing for the Verizon Motorola Razr held as evidence.

It galls me that the defense is even allowed to make statements to the effect that the State or its agents removed SIM cards from devices which never, ever would have had them. I do want the judge to take firm control of this case and stop this kind of nonsense.

I don't know if she can. I think the ball is in the defenses court and they can claim anything. Not the judge to reel in as it is the State to dis prove. AZ Lawyer can tell the procedures.

Too bad that no salon has stepped forward saying they had FJA as a client and did the dye job. I know not every one is into trials like WS but it would be nice if someone would step forward.

I really thought Juan had something when he was questioning her about getting her nails done en route to her murder trip and he askedif she was at a salon where hair was also done and she said yes. I mean most people who just pop in for a mani go to a nail salon that is just that...nails. He sort of opened a door but didn't walk through it. A little hole in the testimony for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487