Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixes a typo:

I loved it in Flores' interrogation that she assumed and then begged to go to the ladies room by herself and blithely claimed she could be trusted. And then the deputy pretty much implied that she would never again in her life be able to go to the bathroom without LE present. I thought that was verging on the worst punishment a gal could possibly imagine! I can't remember if she got cuffed to go to the bathroom. Ooh! I just loved that moment.

Det. Flores enters and removes her cuffs.

Good cop now, he offers her a bottle of water.

Sensing what she believes is weakness, she immediately begins her attempt at wresting control.

In less than 24 seconds she requests:

1. Her purse,
  2. Then that it be personally delivered to her,
  3. Thermostat adjustment, and
  4. A sweater.

The mousy little "could I use the bathroom," and the "I'm not like violent, and I'm not gonna run -- it's Yreka -- so do I have to go in handcuffs everywhere" can be found here:

http://youtu.be/cWGDA00A8J8?t=7m54s

Ok I'm just going on her WS name (she posted directly beneath you there, her byline says juror13). I rememebr her and her blog from the Pistorius board. Dunno about the name change, you can ask her about that.
Sorry, wasn't asking you directly, more just thinking outloud. After looking at the Amazon page a little more, I see that Wilson does mention being on WS, connects to the blog and her twitter account. Guess Wilson is a pen name. No biggie, just wondered...she and her co-author are taking a bit of twitter heat on the book apparently.

I don't ever think she left. The time frame is very short and we know he received stab wounds when he was at the sink. So I think this was one continuous attack from beginning to end. If she left at anytime she was taking the chance that Travis could make it outside of his home. A chance she was never going to take. She was in a stabbing frenzy until she finally almost decapitated him.

IMO

I've wondered if perhaps he really did fall against her at the first stab, knocking her 'off balance' in his haste to get to the sink. She claimed he attacked her, "like a linebacker". Maybe, just maybe he did unintentionally stumble out of the shower stall, knocking her off balance, made it to the sink and she gets back on her feet and continues stabbing him in the back. He turns around, tries to defend himself, and she continues stabbing him in the front, the side, above an ear. He tries to get away, but falls to the floor due to loss of blood, and she kicks him, stomps him, continues stabbing him and finally straddles his knife pierced back, pulls his head back and slices his throat from ear to ear.

To me, this sounds plausible, but of course we'll never really know. I do believe she mixes a tiny bit of truth with her lies, so maybe he really did fall over her..."like a linebacker". It's too late, but why couldn't those 4 former jurors see that she deserved the death penalty? I keep hoping one or two of them will come forward (they don't have to actually name themselves) and say, "I was wrong. Now that I know more than I did then, I can say that I wish we had all voted for the DP."

So are you saying she shot first then? I would agree that's the only way that makes sense to me. Time to run downstairs and grab a knife? I think yes. Otherwise she would have a knife a gun and a camera in hand all at once. That expression on his face is so enigmatic. I always thought she had a gun on him then.

Revenge killers can rarely resist facing their victims and talking.

Just wondered:
11 1/2 hours Redding to Lodi?
Try maybe 3. What was she doing?

Let's not be sleuthing those who are not involved in this case. The letter does not appear to be real or from the attorney's office so we need to back off on that angle until more information surfaces.

Good points Rose. Maybe MDLR is hoping to get JA's exclusive sad life "story" for her own book deal.
Wouldn't that be illegal? Certainly, unethical. I would think because of her job through the State of Arizona this would at least be frowned upon or at best cost her her job?

I think the reason nobody can figure out that one big horrible thing is because there wasn't one. Chris and Sky went through every one of the 80,000 texts & chats. They don't know why he was so angry. Travis told Taylor what he wrote in the epic -angry, and told him that he was furious with JA for hacking into his FB account. Taylor didn't seem to think Travis' anger was out of proportion for "just" being hacked again. I think that's because Taylor understood the bigger picture of what Travis was going through.

The DT isn't wrong in saying Travis was depressed in early 2008, and remained so at least up to several weeks before he was killed. His friends are on record saying they knew this, and were concerned about him.

I won't repeat what I've posted before about his financial stresses, but they were very real and very pressing in early 2008 on through the spring. Not being able to make mortgage payments would be stressful for anyone, but I bet for Travis it was more and worse. He had bought his house just 2 years prior, after transforming himself from an indebted 80 hour a week wageslave to a very successful entrepeneur in the span of one single year. He bought his BMW in the same year. He viewed it as a symbol of his success. He was on top of the world.

Two years later. JA had destroyed his BMW. He'd spent all the $75k he took out in equity and was scrambling to refinance his house so he could afford his mortgage. He knew and his friends knew that he had let PPL business slide. In his last journal entries he writes of having to focus more, work more, earn more. That wasn't about getting further ahead. It referred to catching up and stablizing financially.

And..

-posting and will continue

Wasn't there some info. about Taylor's being a witness for the prosecution at this retrial?

And who would send someone you cared about moldy chocolate??

Especially if you're so loving and thoughtful to look up and print out the cinnabon bun recipe and leave it on her windshield. I'm sorry but that sounds like so much bs when she told it on 48 hr/dateline?

Unemployed waitress, "dabbling" Mormon, wannabe professional photographer, and Lawyer of Attraction -- she was certainly one busy beaver.

You forgot to mention 'starving artist' and 'editing' for authors.....
Oh, and 'chef'. (Remember, she was baking cookies while looking into Travis' laptop, and offered Deanna a cookie when Deanna unlocked the door and entered and found Arias there already. Just the little miss suzie homewrecker....I mean homemaker.

Another pregnancy? Did she previously claim to be pregnant? I missed that. I must be misinterpreting this. :thinking:

She was never pregnant, and I'm not aware of anyone who would know ever claiming that she was. Can you imagine her getting pregnant by Travis and NOT using it to make him marry her?????

Couldn't remember for certain how many times Detectives Flores and Blaney tried to get JA to play the remorse card.

Remorse, remorseful... nearly a dozen times they hammered it during the interrogations.

Arias never bit.

Oh sure, she said. She would be more than remorseful if she killed him, but since she didn't kill him...

Reminds me of her rationale about Levi lovin' Ryan Burns and trying to hook up with the guy on the flight home from TA's memorial service. I mean why not? After all, she was single, wasn't she?

In those interrogations she even went to the double negative well once: "It’s not that I’m not remorseful that he died."

I used to think that the cruelty of the torture slaughter in all its butchery would secure her the death penalty.

But now I'm convinced that her consistent steadfast lack of remorse, her inability even to fake it convincingly, may be the determinant which sways any reluctant jurors over the sentencing line separating LWOP and the DP.

Especially if you're so loving and thoughtful to look up and print out the cinnabon bun recipe and leave it on her windshield. I'm sorry but that sounds like so much bs when she told it on 48 hr/dateline?

It sounds like something Travis would do. Whether or not he did it for her is another question.

And who would send someone you cared about moldy chocolate??

BTW, even lower end chocolate shelf life is as long as 11 months.

What is mold?

Bacterial colonization and growth.

Chocolate will dry out, or 'bloom' (turn whitish at its surface) when stored in cold dry environments, but it will not "mold".

However, we would not expect our self-proclaimed murderous lying genius to know this.

So are you saying she shot first then? I would agree that's the only way that makes sense to me. Time to run downstairs and grab a knife? I think yes. Otherwise she would have a knife a gun and a camera in hand all at once. That expression on his face is so enigmatic. I always thought she had a gun on him then.

Revenge killers can rarely resist facing their victims and talking.

Just wondered:

Travis murder was done in one minute and forty six seconds - not a lot of time to run downstairs. She told Alyce she got the knife from the nightstand by Travis's bed. Jodi says that Travis tied her up, but there isn't anything other than Jodi's word. Jodi said that Travis laid out the soft rope from the bedroom into the bathroom and cut it in there, putting the knife in there. If it was me, and anyone else ,you lay it out into the bedroom, and measure from the dresser to the hall would of been more than enough to tie her up. She doesn't think things through. She just tries to make her story and the evidence match up, and they don't. If she was tied up and they had sex it would of been in some of the photos recovered showing them in the act . Jodi couldn't get Travis up to Yreka and tree in the woods so she brought along things to fulfill the tried to a tree fantasy. She was having to get kinkier to hold on to Travis and it wasn't working.

I also think Jodi took one of her grandpa hunting knives when she stole the gun. They are right there with the hunting rifles in the crime scene photos of her grandparents house. Right there with all that change stacked up and none taken.

Just wondered:
I think Jodi said she slept at her sister's house in Redding after renting the car so that would explain big a chunk of the unaccounted for 8 1/2 hours.

But as for when she actually got to Lodi and how much time she spent there before and after McDonald's is anyone's guess.

There are so many little things I'd really like to know (and ask her by mail), but jeeze... I don't even want her to know what my home address is!

Why do you think this?

Couple reasons.

His "testimony" has already come in via Dr. Demarte. He isn't necessary anymore.

Jen Woods is saying it is looking like we only have Demarte then Juan's computer guy and then that's it. I don't think Juan wants to drag this out any longer than necessary, especially since the DT keeps making a big deal out of every witness, asking for extra interviews, taking half a day to question them, and calling it a day so they can start their cross in the morning, to prepare. I think he's just gonna keep this short and sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE