Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About Warren Jeffs and his church;

Sorry. I knew it was a sect that tore away from the church by I forgot to say that. I think Nurmi was confusing the two and that was why he yelled about "Lying for the Lord" at the Bishop. I believe Nurmi himself is "bleeding the beast". For those of you who do not know that is the government. Warren had all his extra wives apply for aid for their children.

I really want to know who all these last minute witnesses are. :gaah:

Well, I'm loving their dilemma. I don't see how they can let the Bishop's testimony stand unchallenged, given that he's exposed faceless #1 as a florid liar. And I don't see how they can challenge the Bishop's honesty or anything else without further offending and riling the jury. Ha!

BBM by me. Thanks to JM, "florid liar" trips readily off the tongue. I bet none of us described lies quite that way before 2013's closing. But JM is so right: "at once flowery, complicated, and prolific" excellently sums it up! I now use "florid" for all kinds of behaviors.

Hopefully there are none. If her own family won't testify on her behalf, she is toast. I just can't imagine being on the jury and knowing her mom sat there day in, day out, and wouldn't even testify for her. The jury should know that her mom made a you tube video begging for money but yet she won't beg for Jodi's life. I can't respect her at all. I wouldn't care if JM made mincemeat out of me, if that was my daughter I would beg the jury to spare her life. Jodi doesn't deserve it...but still.

Never thought I'd say this, especially so close to the end, but I'm done with this trial. Can't and won't immerse myself anymore in the unrelenting ugliness of it all.

I pray this jury gives her the DP she deserves and the Alexanders want her to have. I've appreciated all the good souls and sleuthers here.......

The DT has to stretch this out until after that Omnibus ruling. We talked about it earlier that if JA is sentenced to death BEFORE the ruling she is dropped from the petition and her sentence stays. If she still hasn't been sentenced when a ruling is made and the Supreme Court makes a ruling that the group of petitioners cant be subject to the Death Penalty, JA cant be sentenced to death. She is the only petitioner that has already gone to trial. The rest of them are pending trial.

So he'll basically get someone to "refute" the bishop, which is a round about way of calling the bishop a liar....

More likely he'll cause a week long delay, and then whine that the witness is afraid to testify, and therefore should be allowed to testify in secret, which will cause more delay. Eventually JSS will allow another affidavit, which will sound extremely damaging, but Juan will rip it to shreds. Juan will also present another witness to prove secret witness is a liar....rinse and repeat.

:gaah: is right SMH

Nurmi is just trying to do his job. Not that I'm at ALL defending the way he's going about it. His strategy this go around is not best suiting his clients goal of saving her life. If he keeps it up he's basically signing her death warrant unless there's a stealth juror on the panel.

And there very well could be.

Never thought I'd say this, especially so close to the end, but I'm done with this trial. Can't and won't immerse myself anymore in the unrelenting ugliness of it all.

I pray this jury gives her the DP she deserves and the Alexanders want her to have. I've appreciated all the good souls and sleuthers here.......
Thanks Hope. We are all weary. Praying it will soon end...for all our sakes.

Hmm.. If only people who followed the Catholic Church rules would be allowed in it's churches, it would be just the priest preaching to himself on Sundays. The anti-conception ban alone is probably never followed.

Anti-conception ban? :facepalm:

The DT has to stretch this out until after that Omnibus ruling. We talked about it earlier that if JA is sentenced to death BEFORE the ruling she is dropped from the petition and her sentence stays. If she still hasn't been sentenced when a ruling is made and the Supreme Court makes a ruling that the group of petitioners cant be subject to the Death Penalty, JA cant be sentenced to death. She is the only petitioner that has already gone to trial. The rest of them are pending trial.
Thats right. Maybe we all need to just get away. It's enough.

I don't get this. If the DP is overturned wouldn't JAs sentence be reduced to LWOPa anyway? I'm thinking of Manson. What am I missing?

Hope, I know how you are feeling. Today was... really hard. Every time the defense is on the stand I feel physically nauseated. I am finally disgusted by this judge not keeping a firm hold on her court room and a time frame. It is all so disconcerting. Innocent, non related people being dragged through the mud- mercilessly while a smug killer openly smirks is sickening. I hope you feel better. Do whatever you need to. We'll be here if and when you feel good enough to return. (((((hugs)))))~ Frigga

I don't get this. If the DP Isabel.kshed, wouldn't JAs sentence be reduced to LWOPa yeah? I'm thinking of Manson. What am I missing?

I think Beth Karas said as much regarding JA being sentenced before the hearing means it has no consequences for her. Then AZL said "No." and offered a reasoning but all of this happened before my nap so I don't remember her reasoning. Something about Jodi not leaving the jurisdiction of some court. Yes I'm not much help today LOL. I recommend you browse through AZL posts.

All I know is this looks very much to me like someone saying a prayer.

View attachment 68642

Yes, I've always seen a very conflicted man,who's asking God to forgive him again. Jodi will never be able to take that away from him.

I wonder if it's down to the few witnesses will be family begging for her life.

Who's he got left? MMcGee in person? Is Nurmi arranging for his flight? :lol:

Well I hope so, but doubt this very cowardly, and sick, individual would be willing to risk cross examination by Juan. I have never doubted that the excuse given for the 14 mitigation witnesses' refusal to testify was patently false, it is my belief that the only thing they were scared of was JM and the media getting to question their credibility and likely impeaching them.

You know when I step back and really take an objective look at this trial, one thing becomes crystal clear--there is a need in this country to have an honest and informed conversation about some very important things--1) The CJ System and victims being put on trial by those who perpetrated the crime, 2) How do we as a nation objectively confront the exploitation/abuse of DV as a defense for murder, 3) Forensically categorizing cluster B PD's as something other than Mental Illness, especially APD, NPD and BPD, 4) does the Constitutional right of a defendent to a fair trial mean at ANY AND ALL costs, and 5) how do we reclaim balance (reason and sanity) in a CJ system that is bombarded with political correctness. JMHO

Well I hope so, but doubt this very cowardly, and sick, individual would be willing to risk cross examination by Juan. I have never doubted that the excuse given for the 14 mitigation witnesses' refusal to testify was patently false, it is my belief that the only thing they were scared of was JM and the media getting to question their credibility and likely impeaching them.

You know when I step back and really take an objective look at this trial, one thing becomes crystal clear--there is a need in this country to have an honest and informed conversation about some very important things--1) The CJ System and victims being put on trial by those who perpetrated the crime, 2) How do we as a nation objectively confront the exploitation/abuse of DV as a defense for murder, 3) does the Constitutional right of a defendent to a fair trial mean at ANY AND ALL costs, and 4) how do we reclaim balance (reason and sanity) in the CJ system that is bombarded with political correctness. JMHO

I agree in a sense, but isn't the Jodi Arias trial a sort of abnormality? I think that most other trials are "normal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela