Rons Impending Plea

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, Papa. I was thinking more along the lines of why Ron has gotten away with all his priors rather than getting away with "misplacing" Haleigh. With the rest of the country watching, I don't think anyone in Putnam County would be so brazen as to let him slide...again. Like you said, 60+ years is a mighty long time to call in favors.

Just for the record, I have family ties to LE all over Southeast Louisiana, including New Orleans, but if I did something wrong, I can't see any of my LE family members saying, "Let her go", and several of them are/were running the show in their respective areas (Police Chief/Sheriff). I'd go down in shame and rightly so. Then I could put my attorney kin to work. :smile:

I've jiggled my brain over and over about this and can't figure it out. Regarding the last entries made to RC's docket:

07/01/2010 42 ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE TRIAL DATE AND
07/01/2010 42 GRANTING AS TO LAST CHANCE PLEA DATE

We know it means his continuance was denied, but does that also mean the granting of his last chance for a plea deal continuance is denied, too? Or does it mean trial continuance denied, but plea deal continuance has been granted (and for how long - no date given? Until the 19th, the trial date?). If it's read all together, it's still foggy.

ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE TRIAL DATE AND GRANTING AS TO LAST CHANCE PLEA DATE

Any legal eagles who can read court talk? It can be looked at either way. :crazy:

Yeah, I mean its not even as if Annette resided in the area her whole life, was the Putnam County Queen of 72 or whatever, I am not buying some 60 year connection to the police as an excuse for anything. And lets be real, Ronald is sitting on 900k bail, the cops are not doing him any favors, hes locked up for a reason. To me, I assume if someone has friends in law enforcement they dont sit on such high bail, or even get arrested at all! I havent seen the cops do anything special for Ronald Cummings except hold him on astronomically high bail for his charges.

Why do you think he only got a tap on the wrist for ALL of his priors? Because he's a GOOD BOY?

Why do you think he only got a tap on the wrist for ALL of his priors? Because he's a GOOD BOY?

I think Ronald once in trouble with the law because of drugs sang like a bird, telling the cops who he got all this stuff from, and all that. I think Ron liked to feel important, and he could keep doing drugs, and if he got caught, he had info for the cops and he GLADLY gave it up.

jmo

I think Putnam County was soft on Drug Possession for a very long time. They are just now catching up to speed. And they are getting up to speed because of the Haleigh case and public outcry when they see the records of the main player/s.

Marijuana possession is just a slap on the wrist. $50.00 and you're out

If they upped the fines, they might find less crime. Heck turning a u-turn here will get you a fine of $174.00. I can't believe how low the fines are there! There are way to many accidents and bad drivers there...my goodness! The cummings clan alone act like they are driving a demolition derby when they take to the streets.

Yeah, I mean its not even as if Annette resided in the area her whole life, was the Putnam County Queen of 72 or whatever, I am not buying some 60 year connection to the police as an excuse for anything. And lets be real, Ronald is sitting on 900k bail, the cops are not doing him any favors, hes locked up for a reason. To me, I assume if someone has friends in law enforcement they dont sit on such high bail, or even get arrested at all! I havent seen the cops do anything special for Ronald Cummings except hold him on astronomically high bail for his charges.
I think they did do Ron a favor, but I'm not sure how much it's gonna help him. They treated Misty like the mastermind of this trafficking, charged her more, & left the impression that Ron was being led around by a ring in his nose. Now, if Misty had buckled & told the truth about Haleigh, I can see how Ron's 'lesser involvement' in the trafficking, would come in handy...but only if he weren't directly involved in Haleigh's disappearance. Then a prosecutor, judge, whatever might fill magnanimous, & drop most of his charges. That's what's weird about all of this. They've all had plenty of opportunities to make it easier on themselves, but the only one really biting, is Tommy. & he's talking trash.

I think misty being held as the instigator and master-mind was due to Teresa Neves and Nancy Grace....

What are the chances of rc's trial starting on Monday?

............I'm voting not a chance in ...ll.

I'll be surprised if his trial starts on Monday because all along I figured he'd be the last to go down. We'll see what happens. :waitasec:

What are the chances of rc's trial starting on Monday?

............I'm voting not a chance in ...ll.
I get the feeling that LE has a theory, & it doesn't directly involve Ron...but they think he's withholding information, & they're sick of him. That's my theory on their theory, lol. I guess they're probably sick of the whole bunch, & will smile & wave by-by, when they send them up the river.

I'll be surprised if his trial starts on Monday because all along I figured he'd be the last to go down. We'll see what happens. :waitasec:

When word first came out that Ron was looking for a plea deal that would involve him testifying against the others, it was stated he would be sentenced last. That's if his deal were accepted by the state. But, I think he wants to be last and will do whatever is necessary to try to delay the process so he can be last.

However, Misty is set for trial on 8/23/10. I see a problem with that, though, because she (according to the docket) may not have been notified of the 8/23 trial date. Delivery of notice to Misty was attempted but she is not in Putnam jail so she may not have been notified of her hearing date...unless they have now served notice to her at St. Johns. (Her St. Johns info shows 8/23 hearing, but I believe that is for the St. Johns proceeding.) If Misty was not properly served the notice it is grounds for continuance so time will tell if she and Fields want to just go ahead and get this over with or if they want further delays. If Fields wants to delay it could put a crimp in RC's hopes for being sentenced last. JMO.

----
Details:

UCN: 542010CF000251XXAXMX
File Date: 02/03/2010
Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Case Status: TRIAL
Defense Atty: FIELDS, ROBERT M
Case File Location: CIRCUIT JUDGE DIVISION 52

Defendant: CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE
Alias: CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE

Date # Docket Description
02/03/2010 1 COMPLAINT FILED: PCSO DET TIM CAMPBELL
02/03/2010 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A
02/03/2010 2 INFORMATION - TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE (28G-30KG)
02/03/2010 3 CAPIAS REQUEST FORM - BOND $250,000 NATIONWIDE
02/03/2010 4 CAPIAS ISSUED - BOND SET AT $250,000 NATIONWIDE
02/09/2010 5 MOTION AND ORDER TO TRANSPORT
02/09/2010 5 02/18/2010 ST JOHNS COUNTY
02/18/2010 6 APPEARANCE, PLEA OF NOT GUILTY, AND DEMAND FOR
02/18/2010 6 TRIAL BY JURY FILED BY ROBERT FIELDS

06/03/2010 37 CASE SET FOR JURY TRIAL 08/23/2010
06/03/2010 38 ORDER SETTING TRIAL 08/23/2010
06/03/2010 41 SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY / WITNESS LIST
06/08/2010 39 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (08-23-2010)
06/08/2010 40 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (08-23-2010) IN JAIL
06/14/2010 42 SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION RETURNED SERVED:
06/14/2010 42 LT DON TINGLEY
06/14/2010 43 SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION RETURNED SERVED:
06/14/2010 43 DET JAMES HEATH
06/14/2010 44 SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION RETURNED SERVED:
06/14/2010 44 DET TIM CAMPBELL
06/14/2010 45 NOTICE RETURNED UNEXECUTED (NOT IN OUR JAIL)
06/15/2010 45 SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY / WITNESS LIST

Whisperer;5406595]What are the chances of rc's trial starting on Monday?

Well, I have the date cleared as well as the rest of the week. Plan to attend if it happens. I'm not sure it will either?

I agree with you, Papa. I was thinking more along the lines of why Ron has gotten away with all his priors rather than getting away with "misplacing" Haleigh. With the rest of the country watching, I don't think anyone in Putnam County would be so brazen as to let him slide...again. Like you said, 60+ years is a mighty long time to call in favors.

Just for the record, I have family ties to LE all over Southeast Louisiana, including New Orleans, but if I did something wrong, I can't see any of my LE family members saying, "Let her go", and several of them are/were running the show in their respective areas (Police Chief/Sheriff). I'd go down in shame and rightly so. Then I could put my attorney kin to work. :smile:

I've jiggled my brain over and over about this and can't figure it out. Regarding the last entries made to RC's docket:

07/01/2010 42 ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE TRIAL DATE AND
07/01/2010 42 GRANTING AS TO LAST CHANCE PLEA DATE

We know it means his continuance was denied, but does that also mean the granting of his last chance for a plea deal continuance is denied, too? Or does it mean trial continuance denied, but plea deal continuance has been granted (and for how long - no date given? Until the 19th, the trial date?). If it's read all together, it's still foggy.

ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE TRIAL DATE AND GRANTING AS TO LAST CHANCE PLEA DATE

Any legal eagles who can read court talk? It can be looked at either way. :crazy:

As far as I understand "granting as to last chance plea date" means they have a new plea date. That date has to be by tomorrow 7/16/2010 as they start the trial on Monday.

Sure, Monday starts the new beginning for the new game play.

RC will take this all the way then plead out. It won't be anytime soon unless Putnam is different than other Counties. Look at Casey A...She managed to stall a simple check fraud (on video) for eighteen months...unfreakenbelievable!

Well, he had to have pled "Not Guilty" (Do we expect anything less?). He feels so entitled, always has. He will never say Guilty....could never get the words out. Nolo saves him from admitting guilt. I explect him to go down to the wire if he doesn't get a good deal. HE may be betting on a jury feeling sorry for him. If the media keeps playing up all the others, I can understand it. Having a video of him destroys that hope though.

I read the reports and I will look at it again but it sure looks like RC was the mastermind....the way the UC describes what went down, misty grew confident on the very last deal but all the others had RC in control of the deals.

He is going DOWN.

....wish I could be right there beside you KSH352..I'll be there in Spirit with ya.

Sure, Monday starts the new beginning for the new game play.
RC will take this all the way then plead out. It won't be anytime soon unless Putnam is different than other Counties. Look at Casey A...She managed to stall a simple check fraud (on video) for eighteen months...unfreakenbelievable!

Well, he had to have pled "Not Guilty" (Do we expect anything less?). He feels so entitled, always has. He will never say Guilty....could never get the words out. Nolo saves him from admitting guilt. I explect him to go down to the wire if he doesn't get a good deal. HE may be betting on a jury feeling sorry for him. If the media keeps playing up all the others, I can understand it. Having a video of him destroys that hope though.

I read the reports and I will look at it again but it sure looks like RC was the mastermind....the way the UC describes what went down, misty grew confident on the very last deal but all the others had RC in control of the deals.

He is going DOWN.

....wish I could be right there beside you KSH352..I'll be there in Spirit with ya.

I've cleared that date also, but I agree, it will won't happen until later down the road.

[/COLOR]

I've cleared that date also, but I agree, it will won't happen until later down the road.

How does anyone figure this? His continuance in regards to his trial, was denied. He tried to already get a new court date. His trial is happening on Monday, nothing is going to stop that, other than a plea deal. Right?

These attorneys have so many tricks up their sleeves,, it is difficult for me to imagine a trial starting. I hope you're right, Chablis.

So Monday is the day of trial or the plea? Oh please, let this be done with and have him sentenced. They maybe if somehow Misty is not as guilty as RC in Haleigh's death, she will feel safe enough to tell what she knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces