Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reviewing the Milly Dowler case this afternoon, one of the reasons it is notable is how suddenly Dowler disappeared. Bellfield snatched her from a relatively busy area in the broad daylight of an early afternoon, nobody heard or saw a thing. This subsequently got me thinking about Brittanee. Both Milly Dowler and Brittanee Drexel are petite girls. I feel that Birttanee could easily be overpowered by a lone male. Dowler almost certainly didn't go with Bellfield by choice and I'm inclined to believe Brittanee likely reacted the same. Just think it would be presumptuous to jump to the conclusion that because no one heard or saw anything Brittanee knew her abductor.

I have heard nothing new about this case and it concerns and saddens me that things seem to be going cold after interest in the suspect who lived close by. I assume he has been counted out now?

Couldn't have said it better. I certainly don't rule out the involvement or at least some sort of knowledge on the part of the friends but I think developing tunnel vision and looking only at them because they are uncaring jerks is a mistake IMHO. I've been loosely following Brittanee's thread and actually went back to read the threads from the beginning and the friends' actions/inactions have certainly dominated the course of discussion, despite the fact that most of the facts literally head in a different direction. Bottom line is people can and are taken right out from underneath our noses. I don't think anyone has been counted out according to LE.

Britt's dad posted on the Missing Brittanee Drexel FB page today saying "We are so close to getting answers".

Britt doesn't look like she is carrying her cell phone in her hand in the photos of her entering and leaving the 'boys' hotel but she is carrying what appears to be a large shoulder strap hand bag. I guess this stood out to me because when I am carrying a large purse like that with a shoulder strap I never place my cell phone in it because one has to dig thru one's lady junk in that big ole bag in case it rings. I usually carry mine in my hand or pocket if I there is one, for convenience sake. Brittanee sure seemed glued to her phone based on her texting habits and the video with the strange young man from IN. (I am running on memory but IIRC it was IN) I've seen nothing in MSM or anywhere about this mysterious shoulder bag. I've heard about the sunglasses that were found and folks have posted pics of cell phones similar to the description of Britt's and we've seen the shirt, shorts, shoulder bag and flip flops she was wearing via video surveillance but heard nothing about this handbag. I would like a description of this bag and a blown up picture from those cameras, if one can be made,or a description of it from Dawn or one of the girls in MSM so people can be on the lookout for it.

And why was Brittanee wearing flip flops in the photo entering the guys hotel when the reason for her walking there was to pic up flip flops she left behind earlier in the day. How many pairs of flip flops did Brittanee from Rochester own? I don't mean this to sound snarky but the climate up North is different from the climate here in the SE and it is an honest question. For example, I owned six pairs of boots and no flip flops (too many snakes) when I lived in the NC mountains. Here at the coast I have two pairs of boots ( for winter to keep the sand out when I walk the dog) and 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair nice sandals, 1 pair of Tevas and two pairs of water shoes. Brittanee reportedly didn't have any or much money with her for extras so just curious.

All these young people need to be interviewed in person. Even the guy from IN. They need to be questioned and also be shown a pic of RM to see if it rings any bells because he allegedly hangs out at the clubs. I am not ruling him out of finding out where they where staying and snatching her off the street if there was an encounter on the night at Club K. Sex offenders are charming and sneaky like that.

Why were the young women so full of contempt towards Britt? It sounds like she spent more time with the men than the women to me. Club K VIP lounge with PB, in room with strange guy she didn't know from IN on video, hanging out on beach with the men earlier in the day before she disappeared.....allegedly leaving flip flops behind and returning to the guys hotel to fetch them while wearing a pair of flip flops. I wonder if she was tagging along with the women as a favor or request of one of the guys and they were jealous of Britt. Dang I'd love to see cell records for this bunch while they were in MB.

I've been away so much this past year that I haven't posted often but I read along when at home to catch up. I enjoy reading all of your thought provoking posts.

Moo of course......wm

Good point about the bag, it is indeed large enough to warrant particular attention in my view. If no one else does I'll try and find some clearer pics of it to post here. Does anyone know the specific make / model of said bag?

That last text message Brittanee sent to her boyfriend continues to haunt me somewhat, the length of it, the annoyed mood, the misspelling, I can so clearly imagine someone surprising her as she tapped furiously away...

Britt's dad posted on the Missing Brittanee Drexel FB page today saying "We are so close to getting answers".

Britt doesn't look like she is carrying her cell phone in her hand in the photos of her entering and leaving the 'boys' hotel but she is carrying what appears to be a large shoulder strap hand bag. I guess this stood out to me because when I am carrying a large purse like that with a shoulder strap I never place my cell phone in it because one has to dig thru one's lady junk in that big ole bag in case it rings. I usually carry mine in my hand or pocket if I there is one, for convenience sake. Brittanee sure seemed glued to her phone based on her texting habits and the video with the strange young man from IN. (I am running on memory but IIRC it was IN) I've seen nothing in MSM or anywhere about this mysterious shoulder bag. I've heard about the sunglasses that were found and folks have posted pics of cell phones similar to the description of Britt's and we've seen the shirt, shorts, shoulder bag and flip flops she was wearing via video surveillance but heard nothing about this handbag. I would like a description of this bag and a blown up picture from those cameras, if one can be made,or a description of it from Dawn or one of the girls in MSM so people can be on the lookout for it.

And why was Brittanee wearing flip flops in the photo entering the guys hotel when the reason for her walking there was to pic up flip flops she left behind earlier in the day. How many pairs of flip flops did Brittanee from Rochester own? I don't mean this to sound snarky but the climate up North is different from the climate here in the SE and it is an honest question. For example, I owned six pairs of boots and no flip flops (too many snakes) when I lived in the NC mountains. Here at the coast I have two pairs of boots ( for winter to keep the sand out when I walk the dog) and 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair nice sandals, 1 pair of Tevas and two pairs of water shoes. Brittanee reportedly didn't have any or much money with her for extras so just curious.

All these young people need to be interviewed in person. Even the guy from IN. They need to be questioned and also be shown a pic of RM to see if it rings any bells because he allegedly hangs out at the clubs. I am not ruling him out of finding out where they where staying and snatching her off the street if there was an encounter on the night at Club K. Sex offenders are charming and sneaky like that.

Why were the young women so full of contempt towards Britt? It sounds like she spent more time with the men than the women to me. Club K VIP lounge with PB, in room with strange guy she didn't know from IN on video, hanging out on beach with the men earlier in the day before she disappeared.....allegedly leaving flip flops behind and returning to the guys hotel to fetch them while wearing a pair of flip flops. I wonder if she was tagging along with the women as a favor or request of one of the guys and they were jealous of Britt. Dang I'd love to see cell records for this bunch while they were in MB.

I've been away so much this past year that I haven't posted often but I read along when at home to catch up. I enjoy reading all of your thought provoking posts.

Moo of course......wm

BBM

:please:

Excellent catch on the handbag. I wonder why nobody, including myself, ever noticed it before.

Vox, that would be great if you can enlarge the pic of the handbag! I know it has been five years but it is a large bag. Where is it? I just feel like the public needs a description of this bag so we can BOLO for it. There were no reports of a bag being found in the area Britt disappeared so it must have gone with her.

I know CUE doesn't advertise their searches but I hope that they searched the area in Surfside where RM got the ticket the day after Brittanee disappeared.

Do you have a link? I would like to check it out and there seems to be more than a few BD Facebook accounts.

Moo of course......wm

I'm so glad I found this thread, btw. I'm from Rochester and we all are hoping for answers.

First, I have assloads of flip flops :)

Also, I dunno if/why the contempt for her. I haven't seen much of that here but maybe it's elsewhere?

Us rochestarians go to myrtle a lot for spring break- my family and I go there every year and rent a condo and have since I was a little kid. There are some seriously shady people down there though and when we went out at night we wouldn't leave our groups.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Anyone know the model of the bag Brittanee was carrying when she vanished? I'm coming up against a brick wall trying to find out. Firstly because the pictures are not clear enough on it and secondly because the amount I know about handbags would struggle to fill up the back of a postage stamp.

Welcome to Websleuths KristinSchmistin! Glad you joined the discussion!

Just an FYI......WECT is doing a special on their evening newscast about Monica Caison tonight. IIRC it's at 6 pm. I thought you all would like to watch if possible since MC has searched extensively for Brittanee and other missing persons.

Moo of course......wm

BBM

:sigh: I was hoping for answers by now.

On another note. my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV1ukinNaFo has over 400 hits so far. I put it up on May 30th so that means it's gotten approx. 7 hits a day so far.

Steely, The video you posted was very informative. There were a few things mentioned that I was unaware of. Most notabley was that PB left by himself in the middle of the night. The rest of his group stayed in MB. This makes him more suspect, IMO. Thanks for re-posting the link!

Steely, The video you posted was very informative. There were a few things mentioned that I was unaware of. Most notabley was that PB left by himself in the middle of the night. The rest of his group stayed in MB. This makes him more suspect, IMO. Thanks for re-posting the link!

Did he come back alone? I thought his friends came with him. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member