Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just a thought... for example, there could have also been an arrangement where Faye usually goes to a neighbor's house after school and for what ever reason, that didn't happen yesterday, and maybe Faye's mom wasn't aware right away that Faye didn't go to the neighbor's house after school like she usually does.

I only say this because of the case of 11 yr old Shauna Howe in PA who disappeared on her way home from a girl scout Halloween party. Her mom was at work that night, but had an arrangement where one of the other moms always took Shauna home from all girl scout activities. Shauna's mom assumed these folks would be driving Shauna home from the girl scout party, but it wasn't until Shauna didn't return from the party, that her mom had suddenly remembered that that family was out of town on vacation that week.

I just wonder if wires got crossed here in Faye's case and for what ever reason, even something as simple as Faye knocking on the door of the neighbor, but the neighbor didn't hear it right away or Faye getting distracted by something in her yard, or something along those lines. That's at least one scenario where no one would know who was home at Faye's house, because no one was home.

Edited to add: I am not saying Faye went to a neighbor's house. I'm not saying that she was supposed to go to a neighbor's house. I was merely giving an example of a situation where LE isn't saying who was home at Faye's house, because, perhaps, no one was home. Thanks.

Last edited:
clarification please: Did Faye go inside her home where her mom was and then asked mom to go over to the neighbors? If so, did she make to the neighbors...bc reports say she would have taken a path to the neighbors..what happened in between her leaving her home and walking to the neighbors??

clarification please: Did Faye go inside her home where her mom was and then asked mom to go over to the neighbors? If so, did she make to the neighbors...bc reports say she would have taken a path to the neighbors..what happened in between her leaving her home and walking to the neighbors??

They don't even know who was at the home. Just that she lived with her mother.

Link? I’ve only seen report that Faye was playing in front yard, not at neighbors.

New photo shows missing girl shortly before disappearance

Most recent picture of Faye before disappearance.
For clarification, this is the same photo issued earlier this morning.

26a433e7-aa3b-4e63-bd28-11f6db860109-large16x9_fayeschoolbus.JPG

The Cayce Department of Public Safety released a new photo of missing 6-year-old Faye Swetlik shortly before her disappearance.. (Cayce Department of Public Safety photo)

Unfortunately this gives me really strong vibes of the case where the little girl was riding her bike and was lured by a teenage boy living a rew doors up. Kept her under his bed then got rid of her later.
It gives the impression of being a close proximity incident. MOO

Will very happily be wrong on this one.

*bbm*
Yes, sadly, I agree with you. That's what I have thought early on and I hope so badly that I'm wrong too.
I feel like it could be someone living very close by. Some creep that lives close by and is very familiar with the family situation - single mom works/child gets off the bus alone. Maybe they've been watching for a while and were waiting for the right opportunity. It's a sickening thought. I'm sure LE is asking neighbors who the neighborhood creeps are. I hope so much Faye comes home safely.

FBI joins search for 6-year-old girl who vanished from SC neighborhood
Channel 9′s South Carolina bureau reporter Greg Suskin said he saw several agencies, including the FBI, stopping traffic, talking to drivers who are passing through the community where she lives.

The SLED helicopter has been seen circling the area and officials said 250 people are searching, but that does not include the many neighbors who have been involved in the search.

Her school lets out at 2:25. She lives about six miles from school, which doesn't mean much - it could take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour for her to get home. (My kids lived two miles from school but were last off their bus - took 45 minutes to get home!)

So she got off the bus, either went in the house and came back out, or just played in the yard straight off the bus.

A "family member" saw her playing in the yard at 3:45 - at that point she could have been out there only a few minutes, or up to an hour, depending on when the bus dropped her off.

If she lives with her mother, then that family member would probably be her mother...yes? Or an older sibling? Or....? Kind of odd that they aren't mentioning who saw her last.

Then they looked out around 5 pm for her, and didn't see her.
I live about the same distance from the school and the bus usually drops off around 2:45pm in my neighborhood. I would think she would be home by 3. The neighborhood is very close to the high school and middle school and they drop elementary off before going to pick up middle/high students. I would think that her neighborhood would be one of the last stops for elementary. Middle and High dismiss @ 3:20 and 3:25
MOO

A yard is seen in these photos...

Caroline Hecker on Twitter
Crime scene tape covers the front and back door of a Londonderry Square apartment. It’s where we’re told missing 6 y/o Faye lived. @wis10

11:45 AM · Feb 11, 2020

Caroline Hecker on Twitter
A close family friend describes missing 6 y/o Faye as an artistic, bubbly girl who loves the colors pink and purple and enjoyed a freeze pop everyday after school. Family is not holding up well, she says. @wis10
EQgogvkXkAAUUaS.jpg

11:57 AM - 11 Feb 2020

I’m going to say please let this be a parental abduction. Hopefully just a parent that wants time with their kid. And don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that’s OK to do I’m just saying I’m hoping for the best of all the horrible situations out there. And I’m not working with any inside knowledge or rumors just pure hope. MOO
*bbm*
Yes, sadly, I agree with you. That's what I have thought early on and I hope so badly that I'm wrong too.
I feel like it could be someone living very close by. Some creep that lives close by and is very familiar with the family situation - single mom works/child gets off the bus alone. Maybe they've been watching for a while and were waiting for the right opportunity. It's a sickening thought. I'm sure LE is asking neighbors who the neighborhood creeps are. I hope so much Faye comes home safely.

This is Inside Edition. HLN also reported earlier this morning. Glad to see this kind of exposure for little Faye. :)

FEB 11, 2020
Search Is On for Missing Girl Faye Marie Swetlik Last Seen Playing Outside Home
The search efforts continued overnight, with more than 100 emergency officials looking for the missing girl, The State Reported. That number is expected to grow as the search continues Tuesday, but officials aren't currently looking for volunteers.

I dunno, my kids were left to play in the yard whilst I kept half an eye from the first floor balcony (I am in the UK so it's ground, then 1st, then 2nd floor.) It's an enclosed space and whilst you're pottering about getting dinner ready or doing chores you do tend to assume they are OK. My kids ALWAYS came up to ask before they left anywhere, I don't really feel jumping on the parents 'if' they were, say, emptying the washer and then came back and their child was gone is fair. JMO
Bumping this great post. Nobody can watch a child 24/7. Some do college online while working 2 jobs & raising kids. Some kids have to walk home from a bus. Some districts allow that, others don’t. Some parents let their kids play outside, others prop them up in front of TV & video games so they’re “safe”. Judging the mom at this stage isn’t going to help Faye. JMO

Would the bus on Londonderry stop at the head of each road where the apartments are located so the kids could walk to their home? I don't think there is enough room for a bus to turn around in there.

I wish we would hear more about her. Was she a homebody who never left the yard or friendly and would greet everyone she saw? Even seek them out? Was she someone who didn't want to get her clothes and boots dirty or would she jump into each puddle she saw?

I’ve tried looking for the School Bus Route using FMS address from MSM, but the results show no bus service to Springdale Elementary from that address.
May be operator error on my part, but if not, is it possible this was not a school district bus?
Transportation – Transportation – Lexington School District Two
ETA: I found the posted bus route, I added in my post #247 on this thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads