Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Past las Vegas. Heading to St George,Utah where I'll call it a day.

Jodi who?

You've done a great thing Hope, enjoy the rest of your trip with the family, we'll have lots of time to discuss it once you're tucked back home. :)

I don't think it matters too much what EF said to her, 93 or 95 - Verizon's Joey Citizen testified the ping was located 27 miles south of the NV border - in AZ - north of Kingman (likely the nearest town located in that vicinity). She was in that location at least until 12:09 a.m. as she called T's number at 11:53 p.m. and the call lasted 16 minutes.

Thx, Geevee,you have rescued me with that corroborating testimony (I didn't know there was a Verizon witness). JA had to have made those calls from AZ.

Thx, Geevee,you have rescued me with that corroborating testimony (I didn't know there was a Verizon witness). JA had to have made those calls from AZ.

YW Rickshaw, there's no doubt they were made from inside AZ. Also, I may be wrong but it seemed to be that when Hope was mentioning the gap in the Black mountains, she may have been referring to a place JA could have stopped and disposed of the weapons.

30 minhtes away from a cold hotel room. Yay!! Passed thru mesquite a bit ago. Geevee, it makes no sense to me that she made calls in AZ. There are 2 other possibilities, and one is About a mountain gap. Will post when I'm safely in my refrigerator. Too hot to think....

YW Rickshaw, there's no doubt they were made from inside AZ. Also, I may be wrong but it seemed to be that when Hope was mentioning the gap in the Black mountains, she may have been referring to a place JA could have stopped and disposed of the weapons.

Oh, I see. I thought someone had proposed that gap as a way a ping could have gone over to 93 from 95. Hilarious if I imagined all that!

I'm still thinking she found a campground latrine for the evidence. She's too lazy to go the hard way and make a bonfire, dig a hole; can't see her doing that at all.

She probably did a favor for a trucker hauling a load of garbage to the landfill.

30 minhtes away from a cold hotel room. Yay!! Passed thru mesquite a bit ago. Geevee, it makes no sense to me that she made calls in AZ. There are 2 other possibilities, and one is About a mountain gap. Will post when I'm safely in my refrigerator. Too hot to think....

It doesn't make any sense that she made calls from AZ, but that's what happened!

She couldn't have pinged over in AZ if she was calling from 95 unless she also pinged on 95. Just sayin'

I don't think it matters too much what EF said to her, 93 or 95 - Verizon's Joey Citizen testified the ping was located 27 miles south of the NV border - in AZ - north of Kingman (likely the nearest town located in that vicinity). She was in that location at least until 12:09 a.m. as she called T's number at 11:53 p.m. and the call lasted 16 minutes.

Is it a definite fact that the ping indicated where she actually was?

If not, there were 2 possible places I could see where she might have stopped to make calls that pinged 27 miles south.

The first is if she went north on 95, whether all the way on 40 or crossing via 68. Ending about 1 mile south of where 93 and 95 merge (after the dam if she went that way) there is a gap in the black mountains, and about a 3-4 mile stretch of a field of power lines. Hundreds and hundreds, no doubt for hydropower from the dam. Could have called from there?

Also, if she went over the dam there is a stretch of road- and a visitors center- after the dam and before 93 merges with 95. Maybe there?

She couldn't have made the calls after 93 and 95 merge, because they merge smack in the middle of mountains, and down in the valley is Henderson, essentially Las Vegas, with cell towers galore, even then, I would think.

If she was in NV while pinging in AZ, she would also have been pinging in NV. That's the issue.

However, I did have a thought that JA made those calls in AZ because she just couldn't help herself and then for whatever reason--maybe it was Val who suggested this--backtracked to avoid Hoover Dam, and ended up on 95.

I'd have to rewatch Joey Citizen's testimony to see if he gave explicit details but according to him and JM, she was in AZ when the calls were made, even though I agree that it doesn't make any sense given how well she tried to cover her tracks while in the state. I remember back when Tuba was posting, she mentioned how one of the roads in that area sort of looped back into AZ and possibly JA was on that road and didn't realize she crossed into AZ (can't recall what that road was now).

Sorry I misinterpreted your post about the mountain gap, I thought you were referring to a possible weapons dump area.

It doesn't make any sense that she made calls from AZ, but that's what happened!

She couldn't have pinged over in AZ if she was calling from 95 unless she also pinged on 95. Just sayin'

I hear what is being said that she did, but it really really really doesn't make any sense. She was 27 miles away from Nevada after driving for hundreds of miles post murder, after planning ahead for perhaps weeks to go silent and invisible in AZ. Another 30 minutes wait wouldn't have changed anything. And if she went on 93 to the dam it was impossible for her to believe she was in Nevada.

I'd have to rewatch Joey Citizen's testimony to see if he gave explicit details but according to him and JM, she was in AZ when the calls were made, even though I agree that it doesn't make any sense given how well she tried to cover her tracks while in the state. I remember back when Tuba was posting, she mentioned how one of the roads in that area sort of looped back into AZ and possibly JA was on that road and didn't realize she crossed into AZ (can't recall what that road was now).

Sorry I misinterpreted your post about the mountain gap, I thought you were referring to a possible weapons dump area.

No worry. My brain has been fried all day. ;). I wasn't factoring in the 27 mile ping with that stretch of road. Too far south on 95. A few miles further down the road is where the Laughlin cross over road intersected with 95. Before that, the stretch I was on was actually in California. I saw a welcome to Nevada sign just After the crossover, and another mile on, a large welcome rest stop center, which I could see her stopping in if she came that way....

93 from kingman to hoover dam definitely doesn't loop. It's a straight shot from place to place, no possibility of getting lost or confused about what state she was in...

You've done a great thing Hope, enjoy the rest of your trip with the family, we'll have lots of time to discuss it once you're tucked back home. :)

Thanks. Just heard from DH and DS. They are only now trekking over Tioga Pass in Yosemite, so are maybe half a day behind schedule, and if they're going via Vegas, maybe I'll have half of tomorrow to chill and wait for them here in St George instead of SLC.

Have to say this has already been one of my weirdest road trips ever, but it's been nice to group sleuth as I travel. Thanks, guys. :)

93 from kingman to hoover dam definitely doesn't loop. It's a straight shot from place to place, no possibility of getting lost or confused about what state she was in...

So 95 goes into CA before it loops back to head to NV? Does it loop back across the AZ border?

Oh, did you see a Shell station near Mesquite? Whatever road she was on she stopped at a Shell there.

So 95 goes into CA before it loops back to head to NV? Does it loop back across the AZ border?

Oh, did you see a Shell station near Mesquite? Whatever road she was on she stopped at a Shell there.

95 south goes into Needles, CA if one doesn't see a sign for 163 west in Laughlin, NV, and gets spit out on 95 south. Not a loop, a straight road through the ugliest scenery of this trip..like travelling thru a gravel pit for miles.

Then 40 west is in CA til the exit for 95 north, and it stays CA until just before 163 intersects with 95, then is Nevada. No Arizona.

Mesquite is a fairly small place never really seen and quickly left behind when one is travelling on an interstate highway (15). I did glimpse one gas station as I sped by (literally ;) , so might have been.

BTW, just past Mesquite comes Arizona again, for a short while, until Utah.

It occurred to me today that going the Hoover dam route might have made sense in that it's the most direct route to Las Vegas from Kingman (if she went thru there). Yes, it meant she's be in AZ longer, but I'm not sure how relevant that is. She needed to be in a part of NV she could excuse away as a result of being lost, not just anywhere in Nevada. Hoover dam via 93 would work best for that goal.

And, she never has lacked over confidence and unwarranted belief in herself. Maybe she wasn't fazed by the thought of being looked over at the dam checkpoint, and who knows how long any surveillance tape would be kept?

It occurred to me today that going the Hoover dam route might have made sense in that it's the most direct route to Las Vegas from Kingman (if she went thru there). Yes, it meant she's be in AZ longer, but I'm not sure how relevant that is. She needed to be in a part of NV she could excuse away as a result of being lost, not just anywhere in Nevada. Hoover dam via 93 would work best for that goal.

And, she never has lacked over confidence and unwarranted belief in herself. Maybe she wasn't fazed by the thought of being looked over at the dam checkpoint, and who knows how long any surveillance tape would be kept?

You mentioned before (yesterday?) that she had been to the Grand Canyon, would she have had to go over the Hoover Dam to get there?

Agree, she's never lacked in self confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove