Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recall where she lived after Rachel had her move out, and well really up until she went back to Yreka?

It is not at all clear. She talks about maybe moving into some apartments after Rachel's but I think she ended up moving into a house with another Mormon girl from the lds housing website. I'm really not sure.

It is not at all clear. She talks about maybe moving into some apartments after Rachel's but I think she ended up moving into a house with another Mormon girl from the lds housing website. I'm really not sure.

I recall looking up a house on real estate.com once, but for the life of me I can't find it now.. off to search, I think I may have even posted it on WS, I wonder where she lived when Travis *allegedly* threw the Toblerone at her after her performing oral sex on him? :gaah:

Link to Jodi's rental house in Mesa: http://s193.photobucket.com/user/disneymom69/media/Travis Alexander/IMG_0411.jpg.html?sort=3&o=98

About those pics again. It occurs to me that :

1. The killer of course never intended that they be found on his camera without altered date stamps.

2. Flores told her over the phone before the interrogation that a camera had been found, but was useless because it had been destroyed in the washing machine.

3. She was therefore caught off guard during the interrogation when she was confronted with the one pic of herself (one of those she had planted).

4. She was trapped by their very existence. She couldn't say they were of her taken that day , because she was insisting she wasn't there.

5. And she couldn't say that she planted them in the camera, because there just wouldn't be any pretty excuse for doing that. I agree with you Geevee, that its telling she reached straight for the memory stick explanation, but fumbled because she couldn't tell the truth about planting them.

6. It seems possible, ironically, that her intention to plant the pics (if true) is what made it necessary to say she had sex with Travis that day.

7. Notice that in her manifesto and in her letter to T's family there is no mention of having sex with him. She only refers to taking pics of him in the shower, and emphasizes that they were "tasteful." At that point (July 2008) she did not yet have access to the photos and crime scene evidence.

8. It was only years later that she told the story she spun at trial, about T guilting her thru the shower, and by the time of its first telling she had access to all the evidence and had cooked up her DV self-defense angle.

Minor....the killer texts T about her roommate - Charlene? or some such in the new texts, and another time tells Travis she shouldn't take eggs from where she's living because her roommates wouldn't like it.....

IIRC, the girl with the house came through at the last moment. She literally had nowhere to go.

In one mis sent text is about Jodi being late on paying her rent and she slipped a check under her bedroom door. Also , Travis tells her on the March trip that she owes him one hundred and eighty eight dollars.

I am still standing by my claim that natural life in prison was a better outcome than DP for this monster. As much as she deserved DP, she does not deserve any further preferential treatment and surely would have received that with DP appeals looming. Certainly her "high profile" status before and during trial would have been given closer scrutiny if her sentence had been death, and likely that high profile status would have been used as ammunition by the ninth circuit looking for any possible reason to rule in her favor, all while the fact that said high profile status was for the most part her own doing would have been minimized.

Her natural life sentence came about after a hung jury on the DP but let's never forget that the vote was 11-1 in favor of death because that spoke volumes. No one lost face over her not getting DP and now she will not get the primadonna status that would have been hers going through a DP appeals process.

IMO.

To Geevee and all of the planted- photos believers:

Y'all are beginning to convince me they didn't have sex that day. I just don't understand enough about cameras and memory sticks and unallocated memory and the like to work my way through what was and wasn't possible for her to BELIEVE she could do, even if she was mistaken, and what was and wasn't possible for LE to uncover.

What if she meant to take to memory card with her with all the photos from the killing as a trophy? What if it got tangled in the sheets?

What if she was trying to upload the photos from the memory card to his camera so that if they were recovered from the camera EVERYONE that knew them would know they had sex?

Friday, August 3, 2007

"I'm in Mesa, AZ today. I'll be living in this area for a while, unless something ultra compelling entices me to move, but if it does, it will have to be something positive, because I've had enough negativity for an entire year over the last month & a half. And I don't care how up-rooted I appear to others, I'm not a tree, I'm a sovereign adult capable of making my own decisions and free to choose whatever I want."

Monday, August 3, 2015
Jodi moves from her bed to the wall-mounted steel stool 6 feet away. She decides she likes it better there, and chooses to stay. 15 minutes later her butt hurts, so she returns to the bed.

FWIW, the most relevant exchange between Flores and the killer about the camera is on interrogation tape #4, close to the beginning (in interrogation tape transcription thread).

BTW, her roommate's name was Shannon, exchange about that is on tapes too.

Can we just gas her already, like Susan Hayward in " I want to Live! " ?

I found this within her testimony:

Jodi moved to Mesa and moved about 15-20 minutes away from Travis, depending on traffic.

--Was not in the same ward as Travis. Became an issue because they weren't in the same ward.

As soon as Jodi moved in with Rachel, Rachel approached her, objection...hearsay, question is rephrased.

Jodi moved in with Rachel and her boyfriend. Lived with them for 2.5 weeks. The couple eloped so it was time for Jodi to find a new place to live.

--It became imperative that Jodi move out as soon as possible as the couple were going to have a civil wedding ceremony. Jodi looked for new places to stay. Checked LDShousing.net.

Called a few within her price range. Brenda called her back, lived in Gilbert, but hadn't moved in yet. House was brand new. Brenda showed Jodi the house. Took too long for Brenda to get her keys.

Went to LDShousing.net again. Found a new place to rent.

--Found another place to rent, didn't want to rent in the same ward as Travis because he had ignored her in church when he was her boyfriend.

--Says that her and Travis talked about living in the same ward. To her understanding she says they discussed going to different wards.

--This new house was a lot closer, it was a 10 minute or less drive depending on the route.

--Moves into new place in the middle of August 2007.

Thanks to Jan!!!!!! This is from Detective Flores' interrogation of the killer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...PTS-of-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias

26:59
JA: So they were going to have a civil wedding on a beach in Oregon and they did that the following weekend. She told me that on a Monday or Tuesday. It was the beginning of the week. She said the reason I’m telling you that is because I’m getting married this weekend and I have to go to town a few days ahead of Scott, you know, make arrangements, and now that he’s married man we don’t feel that it’s right that you were here in the house. She was like, I don’t want to inconvenience you but is there anyway you can stay with someone else or just find another place? At the time I was waiting on a house in Gilbert,
because I already knew they were getting married so I was kinda’ looking anyway, and there was a great girl named Brenda, and she was waiting on her keys for the mortgage to go through and it was great ward and it was a great house and there was planning (unintelligible) construction and all of that. It was really nice ummm but she didn’t get her keys for months and months. I think she’s in the house now but I don’t know I haven’t talked to her. So I scrambled. I went to the institute. I wrote down a bunch of phone numbers. I called them all. I got voice mails. One girl that answered, her name was Tiffany, and she knew Travis, and she was at his services in Arizona, and umm…as well…and we’ve just remained friends, sort of, like on MySpace and Facebook and that kind of thing and she said, Hey, sorry that’s an updated posting I forgot to take it down. Go to this website, so LDS Housing.net, I went there. I made three phone calls for the places that were within my price range. I didn’t think to look where they were. Umm…the one girl that called me back her name was Shannon Derricott. She said here’s my place, here’s the directions go ahead and go out and come see the house, it’s available, so we did.

28:29
DF: Go ahead

28:30
JA: Do you have to get that?

28:30
DF: No

28:31
JA: Okay. Umm, so I moved out there, and when Travis found out it was so close to him he freaked out about it, and, I made sure to check that it wasn’t, that … that we wouldn’t be in the same ward, and it was within his ward boundaries but it was also within another singles ward boundaries so of course I’m going to go to the other one because it would just be kind of weird. I mean…I didn’t know about him and Lisa, at first...

I don't really agree that the media coverage was so pervasive that Jodi could not get a fair trial. There are so many different options nowadays for news. Not everyone watches HLN. The Internet is filled with thousands of subgroups that have their own niches. I can think of other cases that were much more unavoidable and the media coverage seemed more prominent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98