Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inmate “phase” system used in AZ prisons:

The different Phases of inmates:

Phase I - date of arrival to 6 months with NO disciplinary.

Phase II - 6 months to 1 year with NO disciplinary.

Phase III - over one year with NO disciplinary.

Phase I is permitted one 4 hour visit per weekend and one phone call per day.

Phase II is permitted 3 , 4 hour blocks of visits per weekend and 2 phone calls per day.

Phase III is permitted 4, 4 hour blocks of visits per weekend if medium custody, they are permitted up to 5 phone calls per day, if minimum custody, unlimited phone calls per day.
(they may only make calls to those people who are their approved list of visitors)

http://www.jessicasoperationorange.com/faq

snip
My favorite education obligation for inmates is "cognitive restructuring"..... This sounds like self-induced brainwashing. I can't even imagine how this concept applies to psychopaths.

In Jodi's case, this will just give her the objective data she needs to morph into the Perfect Prisoner. She'll approach it like an actress doing research for a role. She'll learn the vocabulary (remember the LDS lingo she used in that crazypants letter to Lisa), and the attitudes, and the behaviors... then she'll deliberately use this knowledge to manipulate as many people as possible.

snipped
I believe Lisa got the shameful *advertiser censored* email supposedly in December 2007. I believe it was during that month that she also had the incidence of her door chiming.

Do you remember when the on-and-off lights thing happened? Was that at Travis' house or Lisa's? As I recall, Travis didn't tell Lisa that Jodi had come inside the house (his or Lisa's, I don't know), because he didn't want to frighten her (Lisa).

I've heard bits and pieces of this at different times, not sure what actually happened or where it's discussed.

Inmate “phase” system used in AZ prisons:

The different Phases of inmates:

Phase I - date of arrival to 6 months with NO disciplinary.

Phase II - 6 months to 1 year with NO disciplinary.

Phase III - over one year with NO disciplinary.

Phase I is permitted one 4 hour visit per weekend and one phone call per day.

Phase II is permitted 3 , 4 hour blocks of visits per weekend and 2 phone calls per day.

Phase III is permitted 4, 4 hour blocks of visits per weekend if medium custody, they are permitted up to 5 phone calls per day, if minimum custody, unlimited phone calls per day.
(they may only make calls to those people who are their approved list of visitors)

http://www.jessicasoperationorange.com/faq

I think in Max, there are waaaaay fewer perks, e.g. one no-contact 2-hour visitation and one phone call per week, or something like that.

That Jessica woman is grinning in her mugshot.....

snip

In Jodi's case, this will just give her the objective data she needs to morph into the Perfect Prisoner. She'll approach it like an actress doing research for a role. She'll learn the vocabulary (remember the LDS lingo she used in that crazypants letter to Lisa), and the attitudes, and the behaviors... then she'll deliberately use this knowledge to manipulate as many people as possible.

I totally agree. I understand why the prison system insists that incoming prisoners read the rules and, hopefully, reform their behaviour. But JA? It goes without saying that she will learn what a sociopath/psychopath needs to learn in order to game the system.

For me, a bunch of it is about the hair color, too. And that hideous blonde highlights her other appearance issues, not to mention her easy "availability." I wonder if she did that hair color just to snag Travis?

Maintaining that blonde "do" will have cost a fortune. I never understood where all the money was coming from.

Just shows how shallow she is that she could probably have had her eye problem fixed for medical (i.e. not cosmetic) issues.

Highlights cost a fortune, 100+ for long hair, and her's was fairly long. Going from dark to blonde, along with the upkeep (and her roots were NEVER dark), so $$$ every few weeks or 3 months at least. She was apparently prostituting in Mesa though. I don't know if I got that from here or a twitter feed, one of her former roommates said she saw men all the time, in and out. That would explain it, I don't know how she was giving Travis $100 payments, did she think he owed her everything because she was selling her own soul? Yeesh, for her borderline, I would say that's what she figured...

BBM. There was a 12-page letter to JSS? After the sentencing? Or is this just the one defending Nurmi?

No RickshawFan, it's the 12 page letter she sent to JSS complaining about Nurmi and wanting him replaced. She claimed he wouldn't answer her phone calls and had his secretary hang up on her. Do you remember that one? It was after she was found guilty.

Wow! That detective is hard-assing Jodi. I didn't realize she was ever like that during the interrogation. Jodi doesn't seem to know what to do with a hardass woman detective.

I totally respect the difficult job the police do for us but imo this officer gave JA way too many ideas to float for her defense instead of waiting for JA to break the silence with her own lame excuses.

It would be awful hard for me to let Gus Scercy touch me, but Jodi wouldn't of minded as long as she had spending money from him. She writes in her journal that he expressed an interest in becoming a Mormon once, but didn't when he found out that he couldn't play cards.

So, who sent Jodi another phone on the 22nd to replace the Helio?

Helio did, IIRC. Replaced a lost/damaged phone.

BBM
Under whose insurance plan though?

I found out both of them filed bankruptcy, Darryl in Nov 2011, Gus in July 2014.:eek:
Gus's home also foreclosed on Dec 2014.:eek::eek:

http://www.bankruptreport.com/ca/yorba-linda/searcy-gus

http://www.bankruptreport.com/ca/pacific-grove/brewer-harry-darryl

Searcy declared bankruptcy? Lost his house? Heh heh heh. I guess his little PPL infomercial ("It's not a pyramid!") on the stand when he said he made a gazillion dollars every day regardless of whether or not he got out of bed was, well, shall we say hype (just to be polite). I wonder if he got to keep his motor home and "gold" ring.

Searcy lived in a home worth $1.5 million dollars. He should have chose to live modestly. Its not a good way to start off a marriage.

Rickshaw... I can't find your post now about Regan Housley. But FWIW, her IM's with T came into the record for the first time during the penalty retrial, day 30, DeMarte on the stand.

I'm watching it now for the first time (haven't watched any of the PP2 til this). This is THE day of testimony to watch. Every one of the killer's lies about abuse etc. are blown out of the water by JM and DeMarte. Still VERY satisfying to watch. :)

Highlights cost a fortune, 100+ for long hair, and her's was fairly long. Going from dark to blonde, along with the upkeep (and her roots were NEVER dark), so $$$ every few weeks or 3 months at least. She was apparently prostituting in Mesa though. I don't know if I got that from here or a twitter feed, one of her former roommates said she saw men all the time, in and out. That would explain it, I don't know how she was giving Travis $100 payments, did she think he owed her everything because she was selling her own soul? Yeesh, for her borderline, I would say that's what she figured...

Yes, I thought about that sum or more for the blonde dye. And she never had roots. I never thought Jodi did the dye job herself. She's just obsessed with her hair. It just wouldn't be like her to not want a salon for that. Plus, evidence in the trial says she was at the Salinas salon for hours, followed by the brown hair selfie. One could make a fair guess that she was in the salon for that many hours because she was getting all that hair dyed.

I remember the input from the female roommate and her mother. Maybe an HLN interview? I was thinking maybe it was in Palm Desert before Darrell moved out.

Rickshaw... I can't find your post now about Regan Housley. But FWIW, her IM's with T came into the record for the first time during the penalty retrial, day 30, DeMarte on the stand.

I'm watching it now for the first time (haven't watched any of the PP2 til this). This is THE day of testimony to watch. Every one of the killer's lies about abuse etc. are blown out of the water by JM and DeMarte. Still VERY satisfying to watch. :)

My assignment for the day.....I never watched any of that.

Awesome. DeMarte is reading April texts T to Michelle...about spy Michelle, slashing tires, etc as part of discussion of BPD. :)

(Around 1:15 on Crime vid tape)

I remember reading the twitters as they came in this day....hearing the entire thing...the whole unveiling of the killer in a few hours...so much we didn't know or only suspected.

No wonder Nurmi doesn't like DeMarte. Lol

Yes, I thought about that sum or more for the blonde dye. And she never had roots. I never thought Jodi did the dye job herself. She's just obsessed with her hair. It just wouldn't be like her to not want a salon for that. Plus, evidence in the trial says she was at the Salinas salon for hours, followed by the brown hair selfie. One could make a fair guess that she was in the salon for that many hours because she was getting all that hair dyed.

I remember the input from the female roommate and her mother. Maybe an HLN interview? I was thinking maybe it was in Palm Desert before Darrell moved out.

Are you talking about the CNN transcript that I've referenced before about the mom Debbie and the daughter who rented a room from JA for awhile in CA?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/02/ddhln.01.html

It's near the bottom, just do a "find" for Debbie.

I think that was my favourite day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member