Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone at WS. This is my first post. I started reading this post from the beginning just this weekend and have finally made it to the end.

Primerica, IMO, operates much like Amway. I have been to both. Someone you know invites you to a meeting by telling you they have something amazing to share while not saying who the company is. When you go to the meeting their main goal is to recruit you so they can make money off the people you recruit while also trying to sell you insurance, financial planning and mortgages. In my area, I have seen Primerica work with the church and have the church get people to go to these meetings. And, yes, they focus on young adults. I was unwilling to share my financial information with these acquaintances of mine that I knew did not have any financial training.

Could this have been the type of Financial Planning Class they were running? Maybe they were recruited by CC's brother? Just MO

Thanks for the insights and:

:Welcome-12-june:

I don't think anyone here has figured it out. There was some conjecture that perhaps she had bad credit and signed off on the refinance to get better terms - but that went out the window when the documents were produced showing she was a signer on the loan!

I'm baffled. Unless it wasn't actually her signature, in which case it makes sense. Stupid, but makes sense.

I'm thinking either it wasn't her signature or she didn't realize what she was signing because she trusted him.:furious:

Something else I've been thinking on this subject.....CC and Sheri were married VERY young. I can't imagine how her credit could have been poor while his was okay. Unless......he was getting credit cards in her name and using them without her knowledge for quite some time.

Also wanted to say :Welcome-12-june:to sweetpeakc! (I call my DD Sweet Pea!) Glad to have you here with us!

I bet he regrets introducing him to Krav Maga:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga

This could explain Sheri's injuries.

These include a variety of fast and fluid crippling attacks to vulnerable body parts through various efficient and often brutal strikes. The improvised use of any available aids is encouraged - maximizing personal safety in a fight is emphasized. Krav Maga training programs involve rapid learning, with offensive and defensive techniques introduced from the first lesson and retzev (pronounced ret-zef and meaning "continuous motion or momentum") playing an important part in both training and maneuvers.[8]
While no limits are placed on techniques to be used in life-threatening situations, during training the legal need to minimize damage is generally stressed (at least in civilian contexts, and instructors are required to demonstrate how to moderate the techniques to suit the seriousness of the circumstances.
Krav Maga basic training emphasizes the following:

• Do not get injured or injure training partners.
  • Employ pre-emptive defensive techniques
  • Change quickly from defensive into offensive techniques i.e. respond to an attack with overwhelming force, in the quickest time possible
  • Use the most natural, quickest, reflexes of the body
  • Exploit the opponent's vulnerabilities to their extreme
  • Employ the aid of any available objects[7]

My brother practices Krav Maga. It's brutal...and very, very deadly. It's not about form and discipline. No katas. It's all about taking some out quickly and permanently.

My apologies, I do remember seeing that now. This thread is huge. You guys are amazing, I am so glad I found Websleuths. I find it hard to pull myself away.
Welcome a'board' johnrodz!

This is a fantastic group of people here, as you will find, if you haven't already.

Say goodbye to your life as you knew it! This place is addictive!!

I'm thinking either it wasn't her signature or she didn't realize what she was signing because she trusted him.:furious:

Something else I've been thinking on this subject.....CC and Sheri were married VERY young. I can't imagine how her credit could have been poor while his was okay. Unless......he was getting credit cards in her name and using them without her knowledge for quite some time.
In getting cards under her name, what would her source of income be? I know at least one credit card was found that had been sent to the PO Box, but I was also under the impression Sheri didn't work outside the home. :waitasec:

Hello WS Friends:

I wanted to clarify a couple of things that have been mentioned about posts I made in the last couple of days...

1. I didn't say that a couple of folks at JMM were having an affair with CC. I said that a couple of folks came forward after the evidence against CC was beginning to be clear and told JMM about their limited knowledge of his affair with TL.

2. I was one poster who initially provided information that there was not a long-standing relationship between RC/Grace Church Ministries and JMM. However, I came back the next day and clarified that I had spoken to a different and more credible source and that JM has known CC since he was a child. However, there are no formal ties between Grace Church and JMM and Grace Church is not a "spin-off" of JMM. In fact, as I stated previously, there are some pretty significant theological differences between JMM and Grace Church. I am unsure how JM knew the Coleman's initially because they weren't even "ministering" in the same geographic area. The link on the "Ministries" section of Grace Church's website shouldn't be read into too much...that link is there because CC worked for JMM not because of any formal relationship.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't a part of spreading any incorrect information. Thanks to all of you for all that you do!

Thanks for the clarification! Would you say that most of those who attend Destiny church are also involved in JMM? I can see what you mean about Grace just including JMM in the tithe because they believe in what she does and has done for their son.

Interesting article from a WSJ reporter on Ramsey:

http://www.erictyson.com/articles/20090313

"Unfortunately, Ramsey's company fails to disclose that they are referring unsuspecting members of the public to commissioned-based brokers. (The collection of personal contact information followed by being told that someone will call you is often a red-flag that a broker in on the way!) Buried within a not easily found and lengthy Q&A on their website, Ramsey's firm poorly discloses that they are getting paid fees by these brokers from the referral relationship..."

Very interestig article. I'm just going to ramble here sharing my opinion... Basically, Ramsey gave what version worked for him to those attending his at home "seminars" that some may have hosted. On top of that, charged a fee for his expertise. Man is not stupid. Cash the checks and take the cash. No way IRS or any other group could follow his income. Save for what he shared "legit" wise. Unbelievable and sadly, no surprise. Frankly, this is the big picture for me and unless any person had some huge monies to invest (which is not the group of people I believe he targeted), he is the only person who made the green. Though, perhaps there may have been a person who believed he could follow that same path. Greed should never be underestimated in it's attraction for a quick "fix".

My brother practices Krav Maga. It's brutal...and very, very deadly. It's not about form and discipline. No katas. It's all about taking some out quickly and permanently.

I hope that LE was made aware of his training.

Thanks for the clarification! Would you say that most of those who attend Destiny church are also involved in JMM? I can see what you mean about Grace just including JMM in the tithe because they believe in what she does and has done for their son.

There is no way to be "involved" with JMM unless one works there. People from Destiny may attend her conferences, buy her teaching CD's, books or other material.

Or accompany her on missions trips.

In getting cards under her name, what would her source of income be? I know at least one credit card was found that had been sent to the PO Box, but I was also under the impression Sheri didn't work outside the home. :waitasec:

Wasn't it reported that she was a waitress at a restaurant? IDK - everything is beginning to run together!!!

I have to wonder how much money SC and CC invested into this "plan". Together or, perhaps someone did separately as an extra. I don't think this is the reason for a triple murder, but it makes me wonder how much Sheri was really aware of what CC may have been involved with.

It's a video course on how to get out of debt. I don't believe there is any "investing" involved.

Wasn't it reported that she was a waitress at a restaurant? IDK - everything is beginning to run together!!!
Thanks ~ I'm going to have to look back. I'm also following several cases and trying to keep them straight. :)

There is no way to be "involved" with JMM unless one works there. People from Destiny may attend her conferences, buy her teaching CD's, books or other material.

Or accompany her on missions trips.

I would think that you can't just up and go on a missions trip without some sort of "connection". I would think that JMM has links with several (if not more) churches in the area - a huge amount of their ministry requires volunteers, no?

This is really brutal - but it almost sounds as if it could be describing what happened to SC.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]During a confrontation, Moni quickly creates distance and has his arms outstretched[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As the attacker throws a straight punch, Moni deflects the arms downwards while simultaneously throwing a forearm strike[/FONT]

punch3.jpg
punch4.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Using the attacker’s momentum, the forearm strike is directed to the nose of the assailant[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 4[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].During the strike, Moni shuffles around the attacker[/FONT]

punch5.jpg
punch6.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And ends up behind him ready to apply a choke[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By using his hips as leverage, Moni applies a rear choke on the attacker while maintaining full control[/FONT]

http://www.commandokravmaga.com/html/techniques.html

Halfway down the page.

Very interestig article. I'm just going to ramble here sharing my opinion... Basically, Ramsey gave what version worked for him to those attending his at home "seminars" that some may have hosted. On top of that, charged a fee for his expertise. Man is not stupid. Cash the checks and take the cash. No way IRS or any other group could follow his income. Save for what he shared "legit" wise. Unbelievable and sadly, no surprise. Frankly, this is the big picture for me and unless any person had some huge monies to invest (which is not the group of people I believe he targeted), he is the only person who made the green. Though, perhaps there may have been a person who believed he could follow that same path. Greed should never be underestimated in it's attraction for a quick "fix".

ITA OL. $12 for an 8-week course is nothing, but we don't know what further expenditures were required of the particpants.

I realize it's not - necessarily - relevant to this case that so many of the people around the Coleman's appear to be nothing more than charlatans. But I do believe we will find, as things go along, that $$$ was a HUGE motivator for CC. It will be yet another follow-the-money case. More than one wolf in sheep's clothing will be revealed before this is over...IMO.

I would think that you can't just up and go on a missions trip without some sort of "connection". I would think that JMM has links with several (if not more) churches in the area - a huge amount of their ministry requires volunteers, no?

#

Can I volunteer at an upcoming conference?

Yes. We recruit volunteers for our U.S. conferences. Many times our conferences would not be possible without the help of our volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please email volunteer@joycemeyer.org and include your mailing address, phone number, and the U.S. conference you would like to volunteer at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member