SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Because of work, I haven't been able to post, only read a little to catch up. I feel sick over the "hung jury", and feel the same as most of you about the Foreman-ugh!

Have any of the jurors who have been talking, doing interviews been asked how they feel about ALV's testimony? I'm so curious about this. Thanks!

Jodi's in 23 hr lock down, right? I wonder if she's figured out yet prison is not a garden party with bookclubs.

I just wish that she was in prison now and not in jail awaiting the third part. If she is going to get life or death why hast she already not been sent to prison? That disappoints me.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Hi everyone! Because of work, I haven't been able to post, only read a little to catch up. I feel sick over the "hung jury", and feel the same as most of you about the Foreman-ugh!

Have any of the jurors who have been talking, doing interviews been asked how they feel about ALV's testimony? I'm so curious about this. Thanks!

G'Morning.... IIRC only one #17 (Alt) was asked... She was not a fan.

I agree but we are dealing with not a full deck type people. Pitty, sorrow and sympathy is not to be found in that family. I still think about Mom calling the cops because their kid is growing a pot plant. She had no clue how to raise a child for many reasons I am sure.

I think it's safe to say that rocket scientists need not fear any competition from anyone in the Arias family.

For Linda ........ I want to hear what you think... I need a laugh.

That's Jodi, the text book psychopath and the reason she fascinates me so much.

I think she always craved the limelight and lord knows she lacked any real artistic talent...and she lack ambition in the normal sense of the word. Her plan was to ride someone else's coat tails to the good life she imaged for herself, I honestly believe she really thought she could fool the jury and milk this situation into fame for herself. She clearly doesn't understand the difference between infamy and fame....
Now shes making the best of her situation... As psychopaths love to do. Manifesto... Pffft! I bet she has it released as an e-book or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish that she was in prison now and not in jail awaiting the third part. If she is going to get life or death why hast she already not been sent to prison? That disappoints me.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yeah ... it's my understanding they've got cable at Perryville. The thought of her having to watch Nancy Grace carry on and on about AyreEUs tickles me.

In addition to your article, I HIGHLY recommend the following articles to understand what Travis was experiencing;

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/0...-is-stalking-and-can-men-be-stalked-by-women/

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/1...ecklist-of-stalking-and-harassment-behaviors/

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/1...ex-girlfriend-who-wont-take-no-for-an-answer/

Not only is this information incredibly accurate, Dr Palmatier, has referenced her sources for further research. THESE FACTS AS THEY RELATE TO JA SHOULD BE PRESENTED IN THE SENTENCING PHASE IMHO

BBM - I agree.

Excerpt from 1st link

What is Stalking and Can Men by Stalked by Women

When a woman is actually acknowledged as a perpetrator, she’s portrayed as having been wronged by some man and in need of our help and understanding. When a man engages in the same behaviors, he’s portrayed as a menace to society who should be locked up.

That's spot on.

I dunno!

Every time I think of Jodi going to prison I have Welcome to the Jungle by Guns & Roses playing in my head....and her dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz skipping up to the prison....

Yeah, I know... I'm weird

I hope to never get this image out of my head! RLMAO! :floorlaugh:

i do a lot of thinking about this case. so today i was remembering back to about 10 years ago when i was called for jury duty.

got sent up to one of the criminal courts. started voir dire. this was a sexual assault case involving a minor. the defendant was sitting right there. we were asked a lot of questions, a few cuts were made, and i soon found myself actually sitting in the jury box as one of the 12. more questions were asked. WE were allowed to ask questions. nothing's happened yet to disqualify me.

UNTIL we were asked if there was anything we felt we needed to make the judge aware of, privately, that we felt the court needed to know. my hand went up and i was called to the bench.

i told them i was a rape survivor, and that i'd been through the court process with my offender. everyone looked at each other and the judge announced 'dismissed for cause.'

that was the end of my 'almost a juror' story.

so, to be clear, i don't know what the JF in this case was asked. what i DO believe is that IF he sincerely feels the DP should be reserved for people like manson and dahmer, and IF he feels it's unfair for jurors to be the ones deciding whether or not to give the DP (even though the US supreme court has said they are the ONLY ones who can), then he should have SAID so then and there. nothing prevented him from doing that. but he didn't do it.

i have no problem AT ALL with a juror deciding they cannot sentence her to death, because of the mitigators given, or ones they just 'felt', because they were told they could do that. what i have a problem with is a juror who has the feelings about the DP that this man expressed, who went ahead and became a juror. his arguments sound very ANTI-DP to me----i've read those objections before from opponents----and he should not have been on this panel.

MOO.

Cool. BTW evidence-based research shows that most Female Stalkers have BPD, however, it is important to know that not all BPD'd females are Stalkers.

Very interesting! Personally I was appalled at the efforts of ALV and Dr. Samuels and am hoping the jurors will describe their reaction to their testimony.

In the next trial, it's my understanding that the defense will have to show evidence of her "abuse" again for the new jury. When they bring up the May 26 "verbal abuse" text message - Juan should simply say to the jury "well does it SURPRISE you that he would say that to someone who ended up stabbing him 29 times, slitting his throat, and shooting him in the head?? Does it surprise you that someone like that would elicit some annoyance from someone? Think about what she did to him, and then think about how mild those words are compared to what she ended up doing to him....."

Very interesting! Personally I was appalled at the efforts of ALV and Dr. Samuels and am hoping the jurors will describe their reaction to their testimony.

I can't image being a juror and expected to sit there with a straight face.
I would have bitten a hole through my tongue! I'm kinda an expressive gal, and I use my whole face ... I would have required a hunk of duck tape to stop from laughing at some of Juan's barbs, and my entire face full Botox .. And dark sunglasses so no one could see my eyes rolling!

i do a lot of thinking about this case. so today i was remembering back to about 10 years ago when i was called for jury duty.

got sent up to one of the criminal courts. started voir dire. this was a sexual assault case involving a minor. the defendant was sitting right there. we were asked a lot of questions, a few cuts were made, and i soon found myself actually sitting in the jury box as one of the 12. more questions were asked. WE were allowed to ask questions. nothing's happened yet to disqualify me.

UNTIL we were asked if there was anything we felt we needed to make the judge aware of, privately, that we felt the court needed to know. my hand went up and i was called to the bench.

i told them i was a rape survivor, and that i'd been through the court process with my offender. everyone looked at each other and the judge announced 'dismissed for cause.'

that was the end of my 'almost a juror' story.

so, to be clear, i don't know what the JF in this case was asked. what i DO believe is that IF he sincerely feels the DP should be reserved for people like manson and dahmer, and IF he feels it's unfair for jurors to be the ones deciding whether or not to give the DP (even though the US supreme court has said they are the ONLY ones who can), then he should have SAID so then and there. nothing prevented him from doing that. but he didn't do it.

i have no problem AT ALL with a juror deciding they cannot sentence her to death, because of the mitigators given, or ones they just 'felt', because they were told they could do that. what i have a problem with is a juror who has the feelings about the DP that this man expressed, who went ahead and became a juror. his arguments sound very ANTI-DP to me----i've read those objections before from opponents----and he should not have been on this panel.

MOO.

Agree completely. He stated himself that he didn't feel like he should have that "burden." WTF???? He knew going in this might come to the death penalty stage???? I don't understand him at all.

This is what I think happened: Yes, he could vote for the death penalty....but only for men, or fat women with hair on their face. He could neeever vote for death for a purty young thing like Ms. Jodi Ann. That's why he all of sudden felt like it was too much of a "burden." It would NOT have been a burden in any other case.

In the next trial, it's my understanding that the defense will have to show evidence of her "abuse" again for the new jury. When they bring up the May 26 "verbal abuse" text message - Juan should simply say to the jury "well does it SURPRISE you that he would say that to someone who ended up stabbing him 29 times, slitting his throat, and shooting him in the head?? Does it surprise you that someone like that would elicit some annoyance from someone? Think about what she did to him, and then think about how mild those words are compared to what she ended up doing to him....."
IIRC, the 5/26 text was the only incident of "verbal abuse" that was ever uncovered. I'll bet JM already has someone digging deeper as to what precipitated that message ...

I respectfully disagree. I knew little of Travis way back when this all began. I started following because of Jodi and her being an obvious psychopath in those tv interviews. I was immediately drawn in.
I didn't come to respect and care about Travis and his family until later when I learned more. I learned Travis was truly an innocent. I've rarely followed a case with such a fine upstanding human being like Travis was the victim. No one deserves to be slaughtered the way he was so Travis and his family didn't deserve any of this. But what victim would?
I love the justice system. I wanted to watch justice in action, I want to see Jodi locked away from society forever. I wanted the death penalty because his family does. But.. .. IMO and for me, I have already gotten my wish. She will die in prison one way or the other. I'm good with that.
I grew to really care about the Alexander's and have donated so they can be there everyday to remind jurors who Travis was and witness justice for their brother. IMO they've already received it. They just need to make peace with whatever happens now. IMO

BBM....SAME here Linda! I can remember thinking "WTF is wrong with this person, she's obviously deluded!"

I gotta hop off. My turn to host barbecue. I have Famous Dave's coming ... Catering, why didn't I think if this years ago? Anyhoo, they'll be here in 10 minutes.

No one post anything until I get back ok? :)

I agree. JA gets off on CONTROL... Holding ALL the answers is intentional, and allows her to maintain the illusion of power; pure self-gratification.

And I think she's already set the stage for her sadistic game.

She said in one of her many interviews that she has constant nightmares and that she's been told she screams in her sleep and that she wakes up screaming.

Step 1 - establish I'm haunted in my dreams
Step 2 - eventually spill a handful of details of my "nightmares" that are actual details of the murder
Step 3 - stretch this out until I die or they execute me

*sigh*

IIRC, the 5/26 text was the only incident of "verbal abuse" that was ever uncovered. I'll bet JM already has someone digging deeper as to what precipitated that message ...

Yah, I think Juan didn't go that much into it because he didn't believe any juror would be dumb enough to believe that it it constituted Travis as an "abuser." MOO. I mean, it's just common sense.

I am too. I as a practioner in the discipline of psychology, find ALV to be a disgrace to the field, PERIOD. But what is more important is it is clear that her testimony impacted one, if not some, of the jurors and it is postively maddening to know that. There is EVIDENCE that Travis was a victim of stalking, yet there appears to be some buy-in to ALV's CODED interpretations.

It seriously boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member