SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully intended to just pop by and see if I was missing any new tidbits of info, and got sucked into the vid/sidebar thread. :)

So, Websleuths, this one is for you, 'cos ya really got me!

The Kinks - You Really Got Me - YouTube

All these decades later, still a kick azz song!
:seeya:

My personal fave-

"Let me explain to you how the media works. I am a media *advertiser censored*. I want nothing more than an open mic, a bully pulpit, a captive audience. But no one cares what I have to say, and therefore the media doesn’t care."

Did you notice the obligatory dig at Nancy Grace as well? Stay klassy son, stay klassy.

It sounds like JA wrote it! If he is such a media ho, he should have warned daddy of what was to come....I have a feeling they already knew that tho.

I've seen a few murder cases in my area in North Carolina. I think the Arias case, had it happened here, might not be one the DA would go for the DP. Why? Well, our county DA is quite selective on DP cases. Not every murder 1 case is a DP case. The last 2 DP cases the jury voted for LWOP in each. DP cases are difficult to win and never a slam dunk.

This is the state that tried and convicted ex Green Beret Jeffrey MacDonald who bludgeoned and stabbed his wife and 2 little girls to death in 1969. Took 10 years and the feds had to try the case after the army failed to, but he was finally convicted of first degree murder. No DP. I consider that case more heinous and cruel than Arias' case. Two little girls. One was 5 the other was only 2. He killed 4 people, including the fetus his wife was carrying (would have been his first son).

Last year the retrial of wife killer Jason Young was finally held and finally won by the state. Murder 1. No DP on the table. He bludgeoned his pregnant wife over the head at least 30 times, his 2 yr old daughter apparently witnessed some of this, he drugged the little girl to get her back to sleep and left her with her dead mommy for many hours the next day, until he was able to find an excuse to get his sis-in-law to come over to the house where of course she found her dead sister and little niece. The little toddler had walked around in her mommy's blood and had even put one of her doll babies next to her dead mommy's head. Death toll: 2. Mommy & male fetus. The killer was conveniently out of town at that point. Compared to Arias? This was worse, IMHO.

SMOOTH OPERATOR!!!

I live for your posts. LOL. You say what I think so much better than I ever could. I agree with you and that was perfectly stated, too. I enjoyed every word.

Signed,

Your #1 fan

I'm honestly confused. Why keep stirring that big black pot by making full page public statements dripping with moral outrage and giving interviews if what you want is to go back to a quiet life?

Oh. wait.

My personal fave-

"Let me explain to you how the media works. I am a media *advertiser censored*. I want nothing more than an open mic, a bully pulpit, a captive audience. But no one cares what I have to say, and therefore the media doesn’t care."

Did you notice the obligatory dig at Nancy Grace as well? Stay klassy son, stay klassy.

And the part about everything his father loves doing with his loved ones. Um, What about Travis? He didn't even have a chance to get married thanks to the murderer!!!

And the son says that if we're ever on trial for something like that we'd want jurors like his father. Um, what? She has been found guilty of first-degree murder so why even go there? And he should be on his knees thanking Juan Martinez thinking 'If I'm ever a victim of a brutal murder I'd want a prosecutor like JM and jurors who stand up for the victim"

Don't worry father and son, we're decent enough to not murder a man and then worry about having jurors who connect with the criminal rather than the victim.

It leaves me dumbfounded that both father and son connect with the criminal rather than the victim.

:seeya: Hello everyone.

I know this is going to be asking a lot but I had to be away from here for a few days for family. Only thing I got to catch before leaving was the Foreman on Good Morning America. An alternate who came out immediately after the verdict on facebook.

So can someone please please give me a little run down of what has come out since then? Again I know it's asking a lot.

Has the jury including the foreman given anymore interviews paper, facebook, video etc.

Is there any news as to what is going on with Jodi?

What happened with Donovan, why is she no longer around Jodi?

I did try to make a thread for the Juror's interviews or if anything they chose to reveal came out as I knew people would be away on the holiday weekend but I don't see it so I guess it didn't get approved.

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me on anything going on. :seeya:

My personal fave-

I have to confess that after the first paragraph I started sucking my teeth, rolling my eyes, swiveling my head around and making very rude comments out loud followed by, "where's my effin violin" followed by another rude comment so by the third paragraph, I was preaching out loud so I clicked the little "x" while saying, "blahblahblah Bye byeeeeee" and took another sip of wine.

lol

To be fair, the foreman said that they ALL agreed to that decision, and we have no idea who's idea it was to throw in the towel and not deliberate. I'm REALLY angry with this jury who's job it was to at least TRY to come to a unanimous decision totally dropped the ball and ALL agreed not to try to sway other jurors to one side or the other. Geez, how ELSE are they supposed to move forward toward a unanimous decision???

They ALL gave up and let themselves remain hung so they could pass the buck to the judge as they ALL mistakenly believed that the judge would decide on life or death. And I'd love to know WHY they all thought that.

Wow, are we sure they decided not to, uh, deliberate, as far as the penalty goes? Isn't that the job of the jury? What did they do all that time?

I've got to be misunderstanding this...

I've only been on a jury once, but we spent MOST of our time trying to convince one another of our position, or listen to others who thought differently. I guess we were all under the impression that that's what juries are supposed to do!

Hey everyone! First of all, livelife you absolutely rock! Your updates via text the last few days were a lifesaver. Thank you SO much.

Second, I just got back from a 4 day vacation (with the new bf :blushing: ) and I'm sitting here sicker than a dog with a 103 degree fever, but I'm SO anxious to get caught up! Where is the best place to go since the drama went down Thursday? Do I just stay here? Thanks! I've missed you all TONS! :seeya:

Here it is. Warning: Reading this may make your stomach burn and your blood boil:

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/481669811909166

Proud of the foreman's son for writing that post.

In today's society, people speak their opinions very freely and sometimes much too personally. It is not proper for people to direct any kind of hatred or threats towards this man for fulfilling his civic duty. While some may not agree with his decision, it still should be respected.

Do I think that there was some faulty reasoning on his part, given some of the comments he has made? Yes, and I posted earlier about apparent biases on his part.

I'm sorry that some fools out there (not meaning this site) have made this way too personal for this man.

Hey everyone! First of all, livelife you absolutely rock! Your updates via text the last few days were a lifesaver. Thank you SO much.

Second, I just got back from a 4 day vacation (with the new bf :blushing: ) and I'm sitting here sicker than a dog with a 103 degree fever, but I'm SO anxious to get caught up! Where is the best place to go since the drama went down Thursday? Do I just stay here? Thanks! I've missed you all TONS! :seeya:

Hope you feel better...in spite all the new developments ! :floorlaugh:

I don't have a twitter account can someone ask her a really important question like "is Dr. Horn as beautiful in person as he appears on TV"

@tarakelley320 lol a question from friend w/out twit - is Dr. Horn as beautiful in person as he appears on TV??
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 22s

@ yes!!!!
Hide conversation

@tarakelley320 lol a question from friend w/out twit - is Dr. Horn as beautiful in person as he appears on TV??
Expand
Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 3m

@tarakelley320 lol!! he has a fan club now :)
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 52s

@ I don't doubt that one bit!!!

Hello Folks:seeya:

Trying to catch up here today, but I got a glimpse of a video someone posted at the end of the last thread sidebar 6 regarding Dr. Robert Hare an expert on psychopaths, he made some very telling and interesting comments so I googled him and found an article that has a checklist of the characteristics of a psychopath.

I know we've had many articles posted on here throughout this trial, but I thought I'd post his one and share it with you guys, it describes Jodi Arias as a Psychopath unequivocally by definition to a T. See excerpt and the link below, if you guys get a chance please read it. As I read the checklist I couldn't find anything that did not apply to her, eerie.

Excerpt:
“I knew in my heart something was wrong with him (or with her)”. This is what nearly every victim of a psychopath has felt, usually early on in the relationship. The over-the-top flattery. The quick pace of the relationship and demands for instant commitment. The lies and inconsistencies. The callousness towards others. The disregard for social norms. The sense of superiority (absolute narcissism), without having much to show for it or justify it. The aimlessness and lack of responsibility. The random oscillations in mood and behavior, to exert power over others. The demands for isolation from loved ones and friends. The sexual deviancy. The control and possessiveness. There are always very disturbing signs in the psychopathic bond, signs that we tend to ignore or rationalize until the toxic relationship, like a disease, takes over to destroy our lives.

http://psychopathyawareness.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/the-list-of-psychopathy-symptoms/
Good find. Agreed, seems to fit what we know from the case in many aspects of those characteristics. However, such a diagnosis needs to be reached through clinical assessment & diagnosis from qualified psychiatrists etc.

but that was just him saying all this, i am not getting the same story from the other jurors who have started to talk, in fact the are all coming out to talk because the forman broke the agreement not to do interviews until after the long weekend, and they are all saying they are coming out to set the record straight, and some of them are saying the are very upset w/ what he said on social media

I really think that he busted out early with the interviews because of the reaction of the whole courtroom when the verdict was read. I'm also pretty sure there were some heated discussions afterwards between the jury members.

IMO, he came out early to cover his butt. Now, he is not doing a really good job at it. But I think that he believed that if someone other than the ones who wanted life started talking, then people would know that something funky went on back there.

Someone posted earlier, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that the foreman controls the conversation and any debates that go on. He basically has the floor and delegates what is discussed? But if that is the case then yea, there was some funky stuff going on. He could have shut down all kinds of debates, disagreements, topics that others wanted to discuss.

I'm honestly confused. Why keep stirring that big black pot by making full page public statements dripping with moral outrage and giving interviews if what you want is to go back to a quiet life?

Oh. wait.

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 22s

@apattya yes!!!!
Hide conversation

How about how she felt about the fake pedo letters and not a single person speaking on her behalf ? TIA if you can tweet that!

FYI, but as part of the 'rules,' he and the other jurors were allowed to do that. They did not have to go with the list the defense team provided; they were legally permitted to consider other mitigating factors--specifically ones they came up with themselves.

Sorry, Madeleine, I should have added "if you know what I mean, wink, wink." I meant he saw her "beauty" as a mitigating factor, for one. That is my personal opinion, based on his statements. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove