State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had an update either. Don't know what's going on but I'm trying to be patient, it not easy.

i bet on the 330 break wral let us know the ban on everything
so i bet they just got back in session

I thought somebody here said that a Google Maps search in 2008 of that area showed woods with no street cut-ins. Can anybody verify? What about MapQuest, Yahoo, or Microsoft's map site?

The cul-de-sac where NC was found was definitely on the google map in 2008. We looked at the maps back then. It showed dirt roads but they were actually paved in 2008.

There is a newer section of that development that is on the current map but not on the 2008 version.

He DID allow JA's testimony about her suicidal vibes from the notes, though.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: I felt that it was simply a list to follow-up as the widower-survivor. It makes more sense that way to me.

Yes, all those many pieces of the puzzle a CE case takes. Would be so much easier with a murder weapon and DNA or better yet a video of the crime. Like little James Bulger, remember him. :( But this type of case, it takes a lot of time and effort to put together a gazillion little pieces to make up the whole.

Lord knows we've sat through many hours just waiting for something. So many little pieces of the puzzle....I'm right proud of all of us on here--even the nay sayers--for hanging on. But it's not over yet and I'm still not absolutely certain I feel confident about the jury's take on today's evidence. Or what Kurtz is saying probably at this very moment.

You step into that courtroom and it is business. Serious business. These are legal professionals doing their job and there is no room or tolerance for goobers who come there to try and do anything but sit quietly and respectfully. I would not cross this, or any, judge, ever. I don't think the unwashed masses understand this at all.

Agreed, and I don't think the jurors are fond of Brad or his supporters in the courtroom at this point.

Oh my goodness, yes! Yes, they did show the video of Cooper buying that dropcloth the morning of Fri July 11. And yes, I remember he was wearing a short sleeve shirt, jeans and yep, running shoes. So that's why they tested those shoes. Of course he discarded the ones he wore on Sat when he dumped Nancy's body, but he didn't think the shoes he wore Fri would be looked at.

He was not wearing running shoes. You can clearly see the sandles at 14:44 when he was at the register.

Like JTF said, Willoughby didn't let us down either, and after the agonizing wait for Jason Young's arrest, alot of us had great faith in him. This snail-paced crescendo was done for a reason... to help us see the entire Brad Cooper picture. The little things have added alot!!

You step into that courtroom and it is business. Serious business. These are legal professionals doing their job and there is no room or tolerance for goobers who come there to try and do anything but sit quietly and respectfully. I would not cross this, or any, judge, ever. I don't think the unwashed masses understand this at all.

Some judges will hold you in contempt if your cell phone even rings.
You are right, Superior Court is a very serious place...no place for rooting for your favorite team.

Agreed, and I don't think the jurors are fond of Brad or his supporters in the courtroom at this point.

I'm sure the Brad supporters are sitting behind him--on his side of the courtroom. So the jury knows who's who and that is going to backfire on the defense. Gosh, I may end up going tomorrow after all. Even if it's back to live coverage, unless the judge bans all outsiders.

Amazing this little secret smoking gun was kept totally under wraps for 2 1/2 years w/o even a rumor of a leak.

Like JTF said, Willoughby didn't let us down either, and after the agonizing wait for Jason Young's arrest, alot of us had great faith in him. This snail-paced crescendo was done for a reason... to help us see the entire Brad Cooper picture. The little things have added alot!!

My only issue with this is that I don't think they had this information by October. The FBI report wasn't done by then.

I'm sure the Brad supporters are sitting behind him--on his side of the courtroom. So the jury knows who's who and that is going to backfire on the defense. Gosh, I may end up going tomorrow after all. Even if it's back to live coverage, unless the judge bans all outsiders.

I would be willing to bet that if the judge allows any public in at all he will be asking the bailiff to check for media credentials.

When did the FBI exam of the computers begin? I can't remember.

My only issue with this is that I don't think they had this information by October. The FBI report wasn't done by then.

Report not complete on all the computers and usb drives, but the FBI said he was told to prioritize the Cisco laptop. I feel sure they had that map image by October.

I just went back and read some more other stuff.....seems like the tide had turned and the "I told you he did it" people are mostly posting now. Maybe the "Brad didn't do it' people are still being admonished in the courtroom.

Oh my goodness, yes! Yes, they did show the video of Cooper buying that dropcloth the morning of Fri July 11. And yes, I remember he was wearing a short sleeve shirt, jeans and yep, running shoes. So that's why they tested those shoes. Of course he discarded the ones he wore on Sat when he dumped Nancy's body, but he didn't think the shoes he wore Fri would be looked at.

He didn't disclose this trip during the depo either. AS asked him several times what he did on the way to work the morning of 7.11.08 and he said he went straight to work. She gave him more than one opportunity to remember buying a drop cloth at Lowes on the way.

Rhut Rho!!!!! He was at work all day July 11th..didnt even get home until 6-630PM....Maybe it that search which indicates pre-meditation..since that is precisely where Nancy was found !! Its not a wonder Kurtz fought so hard to keep this out!!

Yep, that's one item off of his to-do list.

BTW - Someone said earlier, I think, that Wallsburg & Fielding are in the same ZIP code, so it wouldn't be unusual for BC to look there. Wallsburg is listed as a Cary address, ZIP 27518; Fielding is a Raleigh address, ZIP 27606.

You are so right, Madeleine. Having been in the courtroom a lot, I have seen some strange behavior by observers. Judges, for good reason, do not tolerate anything that bothers the jury. Hopefully, this won't happen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member