State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard Cummings needed a teleprompter w/ a script written by a hired ace.
He was gawd awful.

The wheelbase - really

track - note the diagram at the right) doesn't change. But the tire tracks in the dirt made it look like it did during the turn.

See this http://www.carbibles.com/steering_bible.html

Note that as the car turns to the right, if the only tire tracks that were visible (maybe the other tires did not go on a surface that left a track) it would appear that the track (not wheelbase as it has been called all throughout this trial) is shorter than the actual track of the car. That was Cumming's point.

Try it with a toy car with steerable front wheels. Run it through some water and then make it turn. You'll see four tracks of water all of differing radius. Eliminate the two outer tracks and you'll think a thinner vehicle made the tracks.

If that was Cummings point, he did a horrible job of articulating that.

That was the dumbest moment of the whole closing. And for him to say only the front left wheel and the right rear wheel would have been touching the ground had me going :crazy: Not sure how that is physically possible. That gets added to his pointing out his witnesses were liars and allowing MH to read an alternate theory to the jury.

I could add a few more but I won't. I think he was totally ill-prepared for today's closing. He was flipping through his notebook, page forward-page backward so many times, throughout the entire closing. Very disjointed, unorganized, and at times, stupid.

I have no idea what to do now. I don't know how you diehard trial watchers do this stuff all the time. This is the only trial I have ever followed (except for OJ...but that was before forums). I know I have been a very vocal and opinionated poster on this forum. I thoroughly enjoy the banter and debate. While I disagree with a lot that is said on here, I respect each and every one of you for coming on here and posting your thoughts. I hope I have not offended people with my posts or opinions. I have tried to not let it get personal, although that is hard to do when you have a group of people as passionate as the group in here. If I have offended you, please accept my apology. I've made several "cyber-friends" as well (you know who you are) and have appreciated the personal notes from all kinds of people on both sides. This has been such a unique and addicting experience to follow a trial with a group of people I'll likely never meet, but feel like I know. Thank you for sharing of yourselves on here. Now we wait.

Your insights, IMO, have always been based on trying to find the truth without any preconceptions or bias. I appreciate the fact that you've wanted to look at some of the actions that have been portrayed as only being able to be interpreted as BDI! - that this was a logical reaction to the situation....

I think that reasonable skepticism is very healthy and your insight has forced some to look at these terrible actions (sarcasm) as easily explained.

It's been a pleasure to interact with this group - you very much included.

I am relieved that the jury has followed the usual..and that to elect a Juror to lead them thru these deliberations, and likely did a straw pole, but pleased they are now asking for items to review..which means they are indeed taking their jobs seriously!! Kudo's to them...

Despite differences in opinion as to the content of the case, I agree wholeheartedly with this statement!

That was the dumbest moment of the whole closing. And for him to say only the front left wheel and the right rear wheel would have been touching the ground had me going :crazy: Not sure how that is physically possible. That gets added to his pointing out his witnesses were liars and allowing MH to read an alternate theory to the jury.

I thought the self-choking at the end was equally stupid. Not to mention it caused unnecessary anguish for the family.

No camera for the 5-19-11 suppression hearing.
Camera will be allowed for trial.

Welcome to WS, RPD!

And thanks for letting us know about the suppression hearing! I appreciate it!

I certainly hope they have that laser pointer back there in the jury room (it looks like a pen, ya'll!) with them. How can one possibly deliberate properly without a laser pointer?

I wonder if Full Disclosure and John Fear were able to go to court today. They always have valuable insight to what happened during the day.

Kelly

I certainly hope they have that laser pointer back there in the jury room (it looks like a pen, ya'll!) with them. How can one possibly deliberate properly without a laser pointer?

lol. A must! It will help them properly illustrate their deliberations.

I thought something the state should have done to really bring home the point of the google search is to first show the map as it looked when Cooper searched it on 7/11, then a slow transition to the view of her body lying right where BC planned it to be. An aerial shot, if they had one. While it would be terribly hard for the family and friends, it would have had visual impact that would be hard to ignore.

Plan.

Execution.

However, if any of them are from Cary they won't know how to use it.....

I thought something the state should have done to really bring home the point of the google search is to first show the map as it looked when Cooper searched it on 7/11, then a slow transition to the view of her body lying right where BC planned it to be. An aerial shot, if they had one. While it would be terribly hard for the family and friends, it would have had visual impact that would be hard to ignore.

Plan.

Execution.

That's a great idea. I'm really stunned that they pretty much left Nancy Cooper out of their closing arguments. For you diehard trial watchers, is that normal?

I don't see any problem with Nancy's sister and Brad's brother not attending the trial (assuming they have not).

Her twin testified in the trial, has been in the courtroom for almost every minute, but drawn notice by many for talking, pointing, giggling, etc. in session, particularly when defense witnesses were on the stand.

I have enjoyed watching this trial with y'all. The debates and discussions here have generally been informative and on topic. Thanks everyone! Now I guess we wait...

I have enjoyed watching this trial with y'all. The debates and discussions here have generally been informative and on topic. Thanks everyone! Now I guess we wait...

Agreed! While we don't all agree... on anything lol... we still have fun. So thanks everyone! Hoping for a verdict tomorrow.

Plan.

Execution.

I think they could have done that and used more pictures of Nancy, the person, in their closing. They needed to introduce her to the jury as the person she was. This entire trial has been about the murder victim she was. I am, overall, disappointed, in the State's closing although Boz with his super-speed points presented exactly as I expected. I think his aggressiveness is just his personality and it is not meant to be assaulting--although that's how he sounds at times. And I won't say anything else about Cummings........

Her twin testified in the trial, has been in the courtroom for almost every minute, but drawn notice by many for talking, pointing, giggling, etc. in session, particularly when defense witnesses were on the stand.

I think it was really bad that the prosecution didn't address that with her. If the jury was having trouble connecting with NC, seeing her twin acting so disrespectfully in the court room was not going to help.

But her younger sister has not.

But her younger sister has not.

I had thought, possibly, she was with the children? Are the children not in Canada?

Kelly

With KL's testimony being very important, and seeming the closer as the twin, I had initially wondered if the younger sister was taking care of the children. I had not heard the children were here in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member